Dvd release

sporkman5353

[1]Jun 20, 2007
    • level: 18
    I think this show should be released with spiderman and his amazing friends. Does anyone think this should happen besides me?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Antiyonder

[2]Aug 26, 2007
    • level: 39
    Unfortunately, we won't see it until Disney's ownership with the cartoons expire, but there's no excuse not to have released it. It would have sold enough on it's own franchise, but to boost releases they could advertise the fact that Spider-Man battle the following villains as they appeared on the big screen:

Doctor Octopus
    Green Goblin
    Sandman
    Doctor Doom (and six appearances at that)
    Magneto
    Kingpin

Besides, from what I hear, 80s cartoons have been the money maker on DVD sales.

sporkman5353

[3]Sep 1, 2007
    • level: 18

Antiyonder wrote:
    Unfortunately, we won't see it until Disney's ownership with the cartoons expire, but there's no excuse not to have released it. It would have sold enough on it's own franchise, but to boost releases they could advertise the fact that Spider-Man battle the following villains as they appeared on the big screen: Doctor Octopus Green Goblin Sandman Doctor Doom (and six appearances at that) Magneto Kingpin Besides, from what I hear, 80s cartoons have been the money maker on DVD sales.

They are, disney is being stupid not releasing marvels shows properly

GavinGibbons

[4]Aug 26, 2008
    • level: 29
    i think that about a lot of cartoons from the 80's. spiderman, spiderman and his amazing friends would make tons (and i mean lots) of money for whoever release them.

paperman

[5]Jun 22, 2009
    • level: 3
    i think this show should be on dvd its far better then amazing friends. its a great show and its far better then some of the cartoons that are being shown and far beter then some of the trash back then to

Rahnebow

[6]Jan 28, 2011
    • level: 1

Hey all:

This show, along with a ton of other 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s Marvel toons, are available on DVD, butin the UK.

Check the following sites:

www.clearvision.co.uk -- exclusive UK distributor for most all Marvel animated shows

www.amazon.co.uk -- all titles available here for sale

Mind you, these are all Region 2 DVDs - PAL format. The US and Canada is Region 1 -- NTSC format.PAL format DVDs willNOT play in the US unless you have a region-free DVD player/DVD-ROM drive or software that will allow for viewing PAL formatted DVDs on your PC.

Note: I've already bought the following titles, along with this show, from Amazon UK: Spider-Man And His Amazing Friends, Spider-Man 1995 series, Spider-Man Unlimited, Spider-Man 60s; The Incredible Hulk (60s, 80s, and 90s); Fantastic Four (70s and 90s); Thor (60s and 90s); Captain America 60s; Sub-Mariner 60s; Spider-Woman 1979 series;X-Men 1990s series; and the Avengers 1999 series. I even found the obscure 80s X-Men pilot "Pryde Of The X-Men" online and have that too. So, my collection is pretty much complete.

Some of the above titles are available here in the US, but with Disney holding the copyrights to these titles hostage (along with Gargoyles), it's anybody's guess whe they'll all be available domestically for purchase by the rest of us die-hard fans. Just check Amazon (US and UK) for what you're looking for.

So, fear not, true believers -- there is hope after all. Enjoy.