Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends

7 Little Superheroes

Aired Saturday 10:30 PM Unknown on NBC

• Dr. Dred's the Chameleon!

6.8
    For Spider-Man and his occasionally Amazing Friends, this show was pretty good. It show the typical tendency of 80's cartoons to be watered down in the action department, what with the Chameleon wanting to get the superheroes out of his way but trying not to you know, KILL THEM to do it, and Shanna's super power being gymnastics (I'm pretty sure it was being a knife fighter in the comics). Some other things that happen are kind of silly--Dr. Strange, the most powerful magician in the world, getting taken out by a robot dinosaur from a Disney World ride? Give me a break. Still and all, doing a big crossover like this was ambitious for this show, and puts it higher than most of the episodes.
  • The Chameleon, who was defeated by several superheroes time and again, decides to lure them all to a secluded island to kill them off one by one. He invites the Sub-Mariner, Captain America, Shanna, Dr. Strange, and the Spider-Friends.

This is the best episode of "Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends" ever, hands down. Not on;y does it pit our heroes against an awesome villain, the Chameleon, but we get extra heroes as well.

The Chameleon was great here and I loved his little rhymes that he would use to trick the heroes as he impersonated them.

The heroes were great, too. This is Shanna's only speaking role in all the Marvel cartoons, although she made a brief appearance on "X-Men." We see the Captain America/Iceman friendship that was shown in "Pawns of the Kingpin," and Dr. Strange was a nice addition.

I liked how Ms. Lion was the one who saved the day by alerting Spidey and the heroes when the Chameleon was posing as someone else. The ending was nice too when the heroes break out of their cells, thanks to Spidey.

Overall, the best the series has to offer and it's a terrific episode.