Did you know: Firestar Fact

TerryS7470

[1]Apr 17, 2007
    • level: 6

I am not how many people know this..

Angelica Jones aka Firestar was a super-hero creasted for specifically for the cartoon series.

Her popularity led the people at Marvel to find a way to bring her into the Marvel Universe.

Surprisingly she is mentioned a lot at conventions and considered a sort of "con-cult hero", this popularity seems to have never taken her past being a filler character in stories and teams.

Many have expected her to make a re-appearance following the events of Civil War, however the only place she has been rumored to be connected is with the newset revamp of the New Warriors. 

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Antiyonder

[2]Jun 6, 2007
    • level: 39

She was also created because the writers originally wanted to use the Human Torch as the thrid Spider-Friend.  But it was decided that kids might try to light themselves on fire, so Firestar was inserted as she had similar powers but didn't look like someone on fire.

RR4RogueRaven

[3]Sep 17, 2007
    • level: 8

Yup she's the x 23 of the 80's or the harley queen of marvel...Well I actually think right now X23 is the harley queen of marvel but firestar was cool...altough I don't know if she's back with the warriors haven't read the issues.

Gladrius

[4]Oct 7, 2007
    • level: 21
    It's Quin, not Queen, but w'ever. Yeah, they were scared about kids lighting themselves on fire, plus they didn't have a girl in the team.

DrGreene422

[5]Oct 16, 2007
    • level: 12
    Actually, to be a little more specific, Firestar was created to be a Human Torch/Mary Jane Watson hybrid. They couldn't use either character, so they took the most distinguishing traits from both characters, (a red-headed love interest for Spidey, and a superhero with the power to control fire) and spliced them together. Thus, a Firestar was Born!

DrGreene422

[6]Oct 16, 2007
    • level: 12
    oh, and "Avengers Assemble!"

GavinGibbons

[7]May 13, 2008
    • level: 29
    yeah i found out when they released her 1st figure- it was on the back of the card

leofiregod

[8]Jun 15, 2008
    • level: 7

I was a kid when this show came out. Its still one of my alltime favorite cartoons and because of it Firestar has always been one of my favorite characters.

Parsec54

[9]Jul 29, 2008
    • level: 20
    Yeah, she always struck me as kind of a MJ wannabe, but that didn't mean she wasn't good. She was my favorite character on the show and it disappointed me after it was canceled that Marvel never did anything more with her for years. Yeah, they came out with the one-shot comic from the show but that was it until she showed up as a student under Emma Frost, if i'm not mistaken. I think this show gets somewhat of a raw deal these days, but it was the first half-way decent Spiderman cartoon to ever come out.