Spider-Man: The Animated Series

FOX (ended 1998)

Spider-Man: The Animated Series Fan Reviews page 2 of 4

• This show was great.

One of the greatest cartoons ever made. It was action filled and stay some what true to the comics. I liked the show more then the movies, I don't understand why the show hasn't been released on dvd but hope one day that it will. If the do make another spider-man series that is a cartoon I hope that it was some what like this one, but it will be pretty hard considering most cartoons now of day aren't what they used to be. This show will always been a personal favorite to me and to many others, lets get this show on dvd!
  • This show was great.

• I used to love this show, and its still awesome

Imagine being able to sense danger, crawl any wall, be strong enough to bend steel, and have more agility than any other human? For Peter Parker, this is a fact. Except he doesn't think of it as a gift. In his final year of High School, Peter Parker was bitten by an irradiated spider. After brief hallucinations, Peter wakes up with incredible powers--much like that of a spider. Thus, to make some extra cash, Peter takes on the persona of Spider-Man, and tries to pursue a career as a pro wrestler. When he witnesses a robbery, he lets the criminal escape, simply because "it's not his problem". Then, when his dear Uncle Ben is killed, Peter finds that the murderer is none other than the criminal he failed to stop before. Now, Peter uses his powers to stop crime, as he learns that "With great power, comes great responibility".
  • bring it back i love this show

come on it was on toon disney and i love it. why the hell they remove this show.

i think tv need a little fix or help they are so much shows one is remove jetix off toondisney and toondisney need to bring 10 hours of old school shows and 10 hours of new shows and little mix shows 4 hours of movies jetix need to get new channel so who is fan of jetix watch it then tv need to get new some channels one get more one more disney channel , nick, fox family , wb family , disney family , fox cartoons , and more spider man need to be back on tv
  • The best Spider-man franchise show to date.

This show was a really good show because Spider-Man is one of my favorite Marvel comic book superheroes and I loved his powers.

This show was based on the Spider-Man comic books where photographer, Peter Parker who fights web-slinging crime on the streets of New York City as Spider-Man.

I do think this Spider-man series was better than previous and ones to follow and in my own opion better than the SM movies. I know a lot of people complained about the animation in this show. While it was rather poor in spots, it had some good CGI backgrounds of cityscapes, which looked brilliant. Then naturally we all had our favorite Spider-Man villains, they were Venom, Shocker, Dr. Octopus, Hobgoblin, Green Goblin, Carnage, Kraven the Hunter and The Lizard. Plus other of Marvel's famous superheroes make appearances in a few episodes like the X-Men, Daredevil, Captain America, The Fantastic Four and Iron Man.

As I said I do think this Spider-Man series was better than previous then the ones to follow, it was on par with the spectacular X-Men show of about the same time.
  • a great animated series about the adventures of Spider-man.

One of the best (if not the best) Spider-Man show. With comic adaptions, characters, action, romance, mystery, it's everything you've ever wanted in a Spider-Man show! Whoo. Spider-Man. I grew up watching this show. It's actually the thing that got me into Spider-Man. I just loved the many adventures they went through. All the characters, voices, everything was perfect. All though, I could have done without the repetitive animation. Regardless, this show was one of my favourites. And still is. I admired it's suberb writing, voice acting, animation everything. It also brought something to Spider-Man that the other shows didn't bring: struggle. Spider-Man finally seemed more 3 demensional. He always was in a fit. Not knowing wheather to abandon his loves, to save others. His jokes and puns were hilarious too! My only beef was Madame Web. Arrg! She stiked me as a tad bit too arrouguant. And not to mention she made Spidey seem stupid. He always seemed to be getting along well in the episode, until he's stumped and Madame Web comes to give him some advice and a lesson. Not that that was a big problem though. Anyway, I felt the show ended at the right time. It had done it share of worthy adaptions, characters, and much much more. But, I do wish we could have figured out what happened to MJ. But her not returning does make it much more sad for Spidey. After all his battles he never got see her again. Or did he?
  • good show...

Spiderman the animated series is another one of my favorite animated shows of the 90s. they made the peter parker of this show a cool guy and not some nerd like in all the other shows. Spiderman has one of the best rouges gallery out there well he's right up there with batman and superman. But you get to see appearances by the green goblin, venom, the lizard , doc ock, and so many more villains that I can't even name them all. there is a few episodes where spiderman teams up with other marvel heroes like blade, the x-men, daredevil. I don't care what anybody says this is a true classic. Later...
  • Fun, but lacking

7.7
    This series of the 90\'s was fun, but it just didn\'t measure up to the highs of the X-Men or Batman series. Also, Spidey seems to be for a younger audience than the previously mentioned shows. For one thing, Spider-Man never lands a punch due to concerns of violence. Once you know this little fact, it is comical to watch the show and see Spidey miss every punch he throws, and having to otherwise subdue his foes. Also, frequent CG city scenes do not tend to blend too well into the traditionally animated show. Still, the show is fun to watch, and adapts many of the key comic stories well including the Venom Saga.

Each season plays as a long 13 part arc with many side stories and guest heroes along the way. I personally thought there was too much spider slayers and kingpin and not enough of some of Spidey\'s other foes, but overall, most of the foes made it to the screen. Nevertheless, this is stillone of the better Marvel series out there, and worthy of a superhero fan\'s time.
  • awesome

this is a 100% great show! it is soooooooooo cool. being able to shoot webs and climb walls would be so awesome! what a great show! #1 spider man series! spider man totally rocks! filled with beating up bad guys action. GREAT!!! so cool! A+. IT IS AWESOME!! Waaaay cool.
  • Spider-Man Cartoon Collection Due on June 29 but old time

Buena Vista Home Entertainment will release Spider-Man: The '67 Collection DVD on June 29. The six-disc collection will contain all 52 episodes of the Spider-Man cartoon with digitally restored audio and video, for a rather hefty price of $59.99. These episodes contain Spidey's famous enemies, like Dr. Octopus, The Green Goblin, Mysterio, The Rhino, The Kingpin, Dr. Magneto, and more.
  • One of the best (if not the best) Spider-Man show. With comic adaptions, characters, action, romance, mystery, it's everything you've ever wanted in a Spider-Man show!

• Best Spider-Man show ever...minus the crappy ending!

I remember this! I mean, I don't watch it anymore so I'm speaking through my inner child.
    And my inner child was hooked to this show! Christopher Barnes is perhaps the best PP/Spider-Man ever, perhaps better than Tobey Maguire. This was Marvel's ultimate show in which everyone was included: practically every character known in Parker's life (ex. J. Jonah Jameson and Mary Jane), Black Cat, X-Men, Blade, Captain America, Daredevil, all of Spider-Man's villains, even the big-time anti-hero (and favorite of mine) The Punisher! Each Spider-Man character was nailed perfectly and it had the right amount of action. The plotlines were also classic and didn't stray too far from the comics. The animation was also spectacular!
    What ruined this show was the ending and how they just left us stranded forever when there was a lot more to tell. Oh well, you'd see. If it wasn't for the ending, this would be a classic.
  • Spiderman is such a classic!

Spider man has always been famous! They first started in comics and then the tv series. Now in the twenty first century, the movies have become big! Spider man is the best movie there is beside Superman..Just kidding. Anyways Spider man is very unrealistic becuase of the powers he has but I like how Peter Parker came as normal guy but then because a radioactive spider bit him, he becamse known as Spider man. No one will ever forget that story plot. It has such a great introduction to Spider man which makes it so different from any Super hero.
  • The best Spiderman series ever!

I wish this was brought back becaues this show betrayed spiderman very accuractly and had the best hero team ups. Comparied to the other spiderman shows this is the best to see and if someone wants to know more about spiderman I suggest to watch this series becaues it is the closest to the comics and a great way to get into spiderman.
  • awesome show

i remember when this show first came out. i was so excited, spider man is my second favorite marvel comic after the xmen. the animation was really good for the time. the stories could have been a little darker in my opinion, but it was supposed to be for kids to. i hope they bring spidey back to tv after all the movies are over.
  • The 1990's Spider-Man animated tv series hits a high note and has got to be my favorite cartoons of all time.

To this day I still watch the '90s Spider-Man cartoon. I remember watching this and MMPR everyday on Fox Kids in the afternoon amd Saturday mornings always being captivated by every episode that would cross my path.

Being the obsessive fan I am the second I heard that they were putting the show back on tv I jumped for joy. The only thing that lacked was the Gwen Stacy character which we saw only in an alternate reality.

This cartoon surpasses the original cartoon and the Spider-Man And His Amazing Friends cartoon. The only question is... why end it like they did? I think they could have gone on a lot longer, but instead of doing that they did Spider-Man Unlimited. Which was a complete disgrase.
  • I wish I could watch more episodes than the few that have been released.

I remember watching this show when I was younger, and it is one of the few shows that I still like, even now. I was excited when MTV’s new animated series came out, but I felt that it didn’t nearly live up to the standards that this one set. Even with the crazy rules this show had to follow, such as spider-man not being able to punch anybody, or no breaking glass, the show was still excellent. The only episodes that I have seen recently are the miscellaneous ones that have been released. I have found older VHS tapes at the video store to rent, with episodes that I didn’t know had been released, for example, the Forgotten Warrior episodes. Even though I was young, I still remember most of the episodes that I saw. I wish they would release all the episodes, because there are a few that I really want to see again, and ones that I havn’t seen at all. I remember the episodes with the X-men being really good. I also remember liking the episodes where spider-man started mutating further. Of course, I love them all, and if they ever do release them on DVD I’ll buy them, or if they ever come on TV again, I’ll watch them.
  • This was the best spiderman show ever.

This spiderman show was interesting, with great dialoge and amazing art. The story was right on the comics (nearly). which means is let the comic fans of spiderman like me love this show. This show also brought on alot more spiderman fans, because this was just such a great show. It showed the characters and who they were in the comics really good. The show is not running anymore, unless they are repeats, this is the kind of show you really want them to bring back. Over all this is the type of spiderman show the fans want
  • One of the best superheros made into animation-great show

Spiderman TAS (The Animated Series) was a great animated show that I watched as a kid and saw every episode but the last season. This show had excellent villains such as Venom, Carnage, Doctor Octopus, Mysterio, Vulture, Scorpion, Hob Goblin, and Green Goblin. (just examples) The only thing I have against this show is that it has a bunch of flash backs when he missed the robber who later kills his Uncle Ben and flashes of when he got bitten by the radioactive spider, but the writers should of had about two episodes where he gets bitten and gets sick and he's in the locker room and lets the robber by...kind of like the movie. This show shouldn't of gotten cancelled and taken off the air. Even if they don't make new episodes, they should show re-runs on Saturday mornings...re-runs of this show is a hundred times better than the crappy animated Japanese shows that I can't follow for a damn minute..great show
  • One of the best maybe even the best marvel cartoon. Definitely the best spider-man cartoon

One the great cartoons. It is full of action, fun, valour and award winning bad guys. It has twists and webs of intrigue and deceit. It also has a great storyline with drama and thought provoking quotes that open your eyes. It shows what it means to be a super hero. Its not just about using your powers for good but how you use your powers for good and whether your using them for good at all. It shows you the life of a super hero the love life and the dangers. I beleieve it is one of the simplest storyline brought to life by one of the most complicated cartoons of all time.
  • I'm not a fan of comics, but this show is good to this Ninja Turtle/anime fan.

I'm not a comic book geek in anyway, but this Spider-Man cartoon today still has some of the best 3-D animatics today, and this was using 1995 technology. And it was well thought out, and many lessons were taught and given, such as the mini-series: "Sins of the Fathers" and "Partners in Dangers." Everybody made an appearance in this show, I'm surprised they didn't break the barrier and have a DC episode. It's a party with HobGoblin, the Green Goblin, the KingPin, Tombstone, X-Men, DareDevil, Blade, Carnage, and many others in this show.
  • Classic show which I would love to come back one day (of course it won\\\'t) but something close to it would be amazing

Simply the greatest show about Spiderman there is. It is what all comic book shows should be like. The current Batman and the failed Spiderman shows failed because they simply didn\\\'t have the charm that this one does. Same as the X men series it stays true to the comics somewhat. There may never be another one like it but I hope there is. Mary Jane, Felica Hardy, Eddie Brock, Venom, Carnage deserve another great tale with awesome voice actors like this one. It is what dreams are made of in the comic book world. It is and will always be a classic
  • A really good 90's version of the animated super hero Spiderman.

A really good 90's version of the animated super hero Spiderman. A pretty good range of vocal talent. Christopher Daniel Barnes provided the voices of Peter Parker and Spiderman. The other main vocal stars were Gary Imhoff as Harry Osborn, Edward Asner as J. Jonah Jameson, Jennifer Hale as Felicia Hardy and Black Cat,Sara Ballantine as
    Mary Jane Watson and Rodney Saulsberry as Joseph "Robbie" Robertson. This version was about as good as the original from the 60's. Peter parker was, of course, a photographer for a local newspaper when he was not dressed as Spiderman saving the city from bad guys.

• Peter Parker is bitten by a Radioactive Spider, Gets super Powers, and Saves the world daily from Giant Lizards to Symbitotic Alien Costumes.

This show, in one word: AWESOME! It sticks VERY close to the original comics books, the animation was slightly childish but otherwise good, the voice acting was decent, but the concept and story lines is where the show shined. The show went in-depth on the villians and friends of Spider-Man and showed us more into the life of Peter Parker. Now, back to the apperance of the show. The Animation was slightly childish, it was bright and very cartoony. I would think of cartoon spiderman being something like... G.I. Joe, not Mickey Mouse. The voice acting was decent, not good but not horrible. And as I said above, the stories were excellent. All in all, watch this show if you get the chance, you will not be disappointed.
  • Spidey!

Spider-Man is the best superhero ever made and this is the best Spider-Man TV Show ever made. Did you guys know that Spider-Man was the first superhero of this generation with an equal distribution of his personal and superhero lives which sometimes mix in each plotline, with a superhero who still goes to school, and where just about everyone hates him? He is awesome! In this show, he faces off against most of his classic villains, such as Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Electro, and Lizard, a few newer villains like Venom and Alistaire Smythe, and even a few villains who barely anyone even knows exists, including Hydro-Man. Plus, it relives many of the classic plotlines, such as the Secret Wars, Peter Parker, Criminal, Mutation Disease, Mysterio frames Spidey, and the Quennsboro/Brooklyn/Washington Bridge incident featuring the death/disappearance of Mary Jane Watson/Gwen Stacy!
  • What is this garbage? Every episode is the same old thing, computers, and freaks. This show is so complicated to watch that I would get headaches from trying to understand the plot of the story itself. If you want to be entertained, I recommend BATMAN TAS

1.1
    What is this garbage? Every episode is the same old thing, computers, and freaks. This show is so complicated to watch that I would get headaches from trying to understand the plot of the story itself. If you want to be entertained, I recommend BATMAN TAS, BATMAN GOTHAM KNIGHTS, SUPERMAN, BATMAN BEYOND, AND JUSTICE LEAGUE.
  • Too corny and too much censorship.

6.2
    When I watched this show for the first time ,I naturally thought it was cool ,but...now when I'm about 10 years older ,and after I watched every episode for 100 times ,I beg to differ.
    One reason is ,of course ,censorship ,which made the show childish and corny.It is preety ridiculous if you can't mention the word 'death' ,or 'kill' ,show blood or punches ,and then you introduce a character called Carnage.If I read the comics in which Carnage is a maniacal killer ,he will look preety silly if he just 'collecting souls'.And why did they erased Gwen Stacy character because of things that happened to her ,if they put Mary Jane in that same situation.If there is one thing I hate ,it's when they create a show strictly by the comic.
    There is one more thing I dislike ,and that is the fact that Stan Lee have to involve in every Marvel cartoon and his opinion what is cool and what is not.I really respect Stan Lee ,and everything he has done for Marvel ,but there are just some things that you just have to hand over to the new blood.The other thing is Peter Parker's character design.He is shown as a wimp and nerd ,but he looks like Schwarzenegger.
    Anyway ,it's OK if you are Spider-Man fan ,but it's mostly for kids.
  • Heavily censored, but still a good show!

One day during an experiment, a spider gets in the way of a nuclear ray and bites a guy named Peter Parker. This causes him to gain intelligence, agility, and super human strength. Before he became Spider-Man and fought crime, he was just showing off his powers by being a wrestler so he could make extra money. When he sees a robbery he doesn't bother and lets the bad guy get away because it wasn't his business. It wasn't until his Uncle Ben gets killed that Peter finds out the killer to be none other than the guy he didn't stop. This is when Peter Parker learned that with "Great power comes great responsibility". So a new superhero was born!

During its time, the show was heavily censored. The producers were not allowed to have Spider-Man punch and guns were not allowed. Out of all 65 episodes Spider-Man has only punched like one time. Also, because of the events of 9/11 some of the episodes have been censored even more, scenes with the Twin Towers are cut off. Despite all the censoring, it still turned out to be a great show.

Spider-Man would fight various villains throughout the shows run. There wasn’t any main villain in the show, Spider-Man just fought like every villain that appeared in the comics. The Sandman was the only villain that didn’t make it to the cartoon. A lot of other characters from the Marvel universe also made guest appearances. X-Men, Daredevil, Captain America, just to name a few.

The show ended with a cliffhanger after 65 episodes. Spider-Man/Peter Parker was never reunited with the real Mary Jane Watson. There was originally supposed to be one more season in which Spider-Man goes searching for the real Mary Jane and finds her, but the show was cancelled before the episodes could be made.
  • Take a peek at the main page.

This show introduced me to the beauty of comics, how could I not love it?! It was a perfect blend of "smart #$$" sarcasm and killer action. It didn't matter how old you were, you would be instantly captivated. I know I was. Even the voice casting was totally perfect. A plus show!
  • Spider-Man was a great series. They did a great job following the comics. Peter Parker is an ordinary boy whose life is changed forever when he is bitten by a radioactive spider. Peter Parker dons a costume and assumes the name of Spider-Man. He becomes a

Spider-Man was a great series. They did a great job following the comics. Peter Parker is an ordinary boy whose life is changed forever when he is bitten by a radioactive spider. Peter Parker dons a costume and assumes the name of Spider-Man. He becomes a hero. In the Spider-Man series, they showed many appearances of other Marvel characters, such as Iron Man, War Machine, and various X-men. The Spider-Man animated series showed classic villains, such as Kraven, Kingpin, and obviously, Venom and Carnage. They showed many classic events, such as Peter's wedding with Mary Jane and the Secret Wars.
1 2 3 4