Spider-Man: The Animated Series

FOX (ended 1998)

Spider-Man: The Animated Series Fan Reviews (99)

• AWESOME!

Just finished the series. Probably the best cartoon series that I have ever seen. It gets a little strange at times but for the most part is just plain awesome!
  • Great show!

After seeing the latest Xmen Movie, I got nostalgic over the old Fox Kids superhero cartoons and watched both Xmen and Spiderman. Got to say I'm not disappointed, they were great!
  • Top Shows - What got me into Spider-Man

Various ep (94-98)
  • The greatest Marvel cartoon of all time

I watched all the Spider-Man seasons on netflix. I watched it also when it was on jetix. This show brought back alot of memories. The overall of this is off the hook , its an awesome show
  • Spider-Man Is My All-Time Favorite Cartoon!

I absolutely love Spider-Man because he is awesome, and he is my favorite hero of all time. The TV show was amazing, exciting, and dangerous. I got Ultimate Villain Showdown and Daredevil vs Spider-Man for Christmas because they play great on my VCR. Disney XD currently airs the series. Returns: Summer of 2013. Once again, I love Spider-Man so much! :( ha ha ha
  • inaccurate

i was really confused about season 2 with the neogenics nightmare, i dont suppose that spiderman really turned into a mutated monster in the actual comics itself, and ofcourse i was abit dissapointed about the ending where mary jane was not found ''yet''. and electro was not a german spy, he was a electician that was shocked by high voltage of electricity whilst fixing a electric cable. overall, i think i was amazing, but a bad ending.
  • Great Series

I loved this show as a kid, and it has aged well. Great story, character, and plot development. This is the series that introduced me to Spider-Man, and I never looked back since...
  • The 1994 version of the spider-man series. A classic.

I personally love Spider-Man, I have ever since I was a kid. I'm 13 now and I'm still into it! This series is the 1994 version of the '60's version. Since it's first appearance in the comics by creator Stan Lee it has been a major favorite of people. Set in New York and also different places. Spider-Man goes around New-York stopping things from petty crimes like a mugging to stopping super-villains such as Venom and the Sinister Six. He doesn't do this all alone. He has worked with the Avengers, Daredevil, The Hulk, And so on. He has connections. So in summation this is one of my favorite shows and it is a classic. 10/10!
  • Best show ever.

This show was amazing. Every episode was incredible because it was all part of an ongoing story arc which made you always want to watch the next episode to see what happened next. They had almost all the villains from the comics and they were all done properly. The dialogue and writing was excellent and the animation was great too. The show lasted 5 seasons which is a long time and never once did it seem like it was running out of ideas. I actually think the last season was the best season. That whole story with Secret Wars and the Six Forgotten Warriors was amazing. Great show.
  • spiderman is the best!

spiderman is the best super hero for me! actually,my favorite color is red and spiderman is red so i think sipderman's costume is very cool!!! i like his power that is a web comes out from his hands and fly over the sky by repeating his awesome web!!! spiderman is so active! never to forget spiderman coz' he's my one and only favorite!
  • This show was great.

One of the greatest cartoons ever made. It was action filled and stay some what true to the comics. I liked the show more then the movies, I don't understand why the show hasn't been released on dvd but hope one day that it will. If the do make another spider-man series that is a cartoon I hope that it was some what like this one, but it will be pretty hard considering most cartoons now of day aren't what they used to be. This show will always been a personal favorite to me and to many others, lets get this show on dvd!
  • This show was great.

• I used to love this show, and its still awesome

Imagine being able to sense danger, crawl any wall, be strong enough to bend steel, and have more agility than any other human? For Peter Parker, this is a fact. Except he doesn't think of it as a gift. In his final year of High School, Peter Parker was bitten by an irradiated spider. After brief hallucinations, Peter wakes up with incredible powers--much like that of a spider. Thus, to make some extra cash, Peter takes on the persona of Spider-Man, and tries to pursue a career as a pro wrestler. When he witnesses a robbery, he lets the criminal escape, simply because "it's not his problem". Then, when his dear Uncle Ben is killed, Peter finds that the murderer is none other than the criminal he failed to stop before. Now, Peter uses his powers to stop crime, as he learns that "With great power, comes great responibility".
  • bring it back i love this show

come on it was on toon disney and i love it. why the hell they remove this show.

i think tv need a little fix or help they are so much shows one is remove jetix off toondisney and toondisney need to bring 10 hours of old school shows and 10 hours of new shows and little mix shows 4 hours of movies jetix need to get new channel so who is fan of jetix watch it then tv need to get new some channels one get more one more disney channel , nick, fox family , wb family , disney family , fox cartoons , and more spider man need to be back on tv
  • awesome

this is a 100% great show! it is soooooooooo cool. being able to shoot webs and climb walls would be so awesome! what a great show! #1 spider man series! spider man totally rocks! filled with beating up bad guys action. GREAT!!! so cool! A+. IT IS AWESOME!! Waaaay cool.
  • The best Spiderman series ever!

I wish this was brought back becaues this show betrayed spiderman very accuractly and had the best hero team ups. Comparied to the other spiderman shows this is the best to see and if someone wants to know more about spiderman I suggest to watch this series becaues it is the closest to the comics and a great way to get into spiderman.
  • awesome show

i remember when this show first came out. i was so excited, spider man is my second favorite marvel comic after the xmen. the animation was really good for the time. the stories could have been a little darker in my opinion, but it was supposed to be for kids to. i hope they bring spidey back to tv after all the movies are over.
  • The 1990's Spider-Man animated tv series hits a high note and has got to be my favorite cartoons of all time.

To this day I still watch the '90s Spider-Man cartoon. I remember watching this and MMPR everyday on Fox Kids in the afternoon amd Saturday mornings always being captivated by every episode that would cross my path.

Being the obsessive fan I am the second I heard that they were putting the show back on tv I jumped for joy. The only thing that lacked was the Gwen Stacy character which we saw only in an alternate reality.

This cartoon surpasses the original cartoon and the Spider-Man And His Amazing Friends cartoon. The only question is... why end it like they did? I think they could have gone on a lot longer, but instead of doing that they did Spider-Man Unlimited. Which was a complete disgrase.
  • I wish I could watch more episodes than the few that have been released.

I remember watching this show when I was younger, and it is one of the few shows that I still like, even now. I was excited when MTV’s new animated series came out, but I felt that it didn’t nearly live up to the standards that this one set. Even with the crazy rules this show had to follow, such as spider-man not being able to punch anybody, or no breaking glass, the show was still excellent. The only episodes that I have seen recently are the miscellaneous ones that have been released. I have found older VHS tapes at the video store to rent, with episodes that I didn’t know had been released, for example, the Forgotten Warrior episodes. Even though I was young, I still remember most of the episodes that I saw. I wish they would release all the episodes, because there are a few that I really want to see again, and ones that I havn’t seen at all. I remember the episodes with the X-men being really good. I also remember liking the episodes where spider-man started mutating further. Of course, I love them all, and if they ever do release them on DVD I’ll buy them, or if they ever come on TV again, I’ll watch them.
  • One of the best maybe even the best marvel cartoon. Definitely the best spider-man cartoon

One the great cartoons. It is full of action, fun, valour and award winning bad guys. It has twists and webs of intrigue and deceit. It also has a great storyline with drama and thought provoking quotes that open your eyes. It shows what it means to be a super hero. Its not just about using your powers for good but how you use your powers for good and whether your using them for good at all. It shows you the life of a super hero the love life and the dangers. I beleieve it is one of the simplest storyline brought to life by one of the most complicated cartoons of all time.
  • Classic show which I would love to come back one day (of course it won\\\'t) but something close to it would be amazing

Simply the greatest show about Spiderman there is. It is what all comic book shows should be like. The current Batman and the failed Spiderman shows failed because they simply didn\\\'t have the charm that this one does. Same as the X men series it stays true to the comics somewhat. There may never be another one like it but I hope there is. Mary Jane, Felica Hardy, Eddie Brock, Venom, Carnage deserve another great tale with awesome voice actors like this one. It is what dreams are made of in the comic book world. It is and will always be a classic
  • Peter Parker is bitten by a Radioactive Spider, Gets super Powers, and Saves the world daily from Giant Lizards to Symbitotic Alien Costumes.

This show, in one word: AWESOME! It sticks VERY close to the original comics books, the animation was slightly childish but otherwise good, the voice acting was decent, but the concept and story lines is where the show shined. The show went in-depth on the villians and friends of Spider-Man and showed us more into the life of Peter Parker. Now, back to the apperance of the show. The Animation was slightly childish, it was bright and very cartoony. I would think of cartoon spiderman being something like... G.I. Joe, not Mickey Mouse. The voice acting was decent, not good but not horrible. And as I said above, the stories were excellent. All in all, watch this show if you get the chance, you will not be disappointed.
  • Spidey!

Spider-Man is the best superhero ever made and this is the best Spider-Man TV Show ever made. Did you guys know that Spider-Man was the first superhero of this generation with an equal distribution of his personal and superhero lives which sometimes mix in each plotline, with a superhero who still goes to school, and where just about everyone hates him? He is awesome! In this show, he faces off against most of his classic villains, such as Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Electro, and Lizard, a few newer villains like Venom and Alistaire Smythe, and even a few villains who barely anyone even knows exists, including Hydro-Man. Plus, it relives many of the classic plotlines, such as the Secret Wars, Peter Parker, Criminal, Mutation Disease, Mysterio frames Spidey, and the Quennsboro/Brooklyn/Washington Bridge incident featuring the death/disappearance of Mary Jane Watson/Gwen Stacy!
  • Spider-Man was a great series. They did a great job following the comics. Peter Parker is an ordinary boy whose life is changed forever when he is bitten by a radioactive spider. Peter Parker dons a costume and assumes the name of Spider-Man. He becomes a

Spider-Man was a great series. They did a great job following the comics. Peter Parker is an ordinary boy whose life is changed forever when he is bitten by a radioactive spider. Peter Parker dons a costume and assumes the name of Spider-Man. He becomes a hero. In the Spider-Man series, they showed many appearances of other Marvel characters, such as Iron Man, War Machine, and various X-men. The Spider-Man animated series showed classic villains, such as Kraven, Kingpin, and obviously, Venom and Carnage. They showed many classic events, such as Peter's wedding with Mary Jane and the Secret Wars.
  • This show starts from the very begining and shows in detail how he got his powers. It progresses through an incredible story line which contains most of the main villains in the spiderman franchise. It has alot of great sounds included such as the theme

This is the Greatest spiderman cartoon ever made. It has Great story lines and a variety of bad guys. I grew up watchin this cartoon and i wish they would put all the episodes on dvd season by season. It does have unforgettable character and guest superheroes which do come such as the xmen, iron man, war machine, shield, fantastic four. The theme song is the best spiderman theme song also. My favorite epesodes are with venom and carnage I just love how they talk. The insidous six were also great. The only downfall to this show was the conclusion of spiderman. I would have loved to see him rescue MJ, but seing stan lee in cartoon was also pretty good.
  • A classic series with a classic superhero.

The series is great. It presents Peter Parker as a complex character, with adsolutely no luck in his love life and who constantly thinks on giving up being a superhero.
    Every good or bad guy is introduced in the series in verry well writen episodes.
    This series had great story-lines and is a classic as far as I'm concerned.
  • One of the best!

I wish this show came on later than six in the morning, it would be easier to watch then. If they put it on more often it would be easier to watch also. I'm just glad that it's still on and it should never be taken off televison, they should never give up on this show, I can even remember watching it as a kid. I will never forget this show for as long as I live, non-stop fun, great artists and voice actors. Venom is perfect, couldn't get any better, i'm sure of that. Just keep this show on and i'll be happy, so will Stan Lee!
  • Great Show. :)

This series is great, flawless. It lasted long and the quality of the show... I don't think it's as good as BTAS was but I would consider it up near Superman, since The Xmen show was one of the best Marvel Series I saw till Xmen Evo came out.

Overall, this is really a great series, and if you haven't seen it already, watch it.
  • The best Spider-Man adaptation of all time. I loved it.

This show deserves an Emmy(did it get one?). It was the best Spider-Man adaptation and one of the best superhero shows of all time period. It could have made more episodes, had it not been for the contract the Marvel signed, to produce no more than 65 episodes. They wanted to make more, but FOX did not. :(
  • Of all the Marvel Comic shows I have seen, this one is my favorite.

I used to watch this on FOX before Disney bought Fox Kids and turned it into Jetix and I loved it and I still do now that I can see it every night on Toon Disney. This show has a lot of action and drama and some comedy too, The first Marvel comics show I ever watched was X-Men, but I have to say, this series was just better for me. My favorite villain is probably Doc Ock, but I also liked the Green Goblin, and also Venom, ALL RIGHT, I like them all. I just like this show so much.

I like this about the main character Peter Parker, when he was bitten and got his powers, he first used them to earn some money, yet it turns out when he had a chance to stop a criminal yet didn't think he should bother, until it cost him his Uncle Ben's life, that's when he learn (shall I say it) "With great power comes great responsibility." Now Peter uses his identity has Spider-Man to protect the city from many villains yet realises that some of the villains were created cause of him and though he has these powers, he does not call them a gift, to him he is both gifted and cursed with these powers, he does so much good yet so much bad from it also happens, I feel this is true realisim for a super hero. And I also find it that while he fights for justice, he is disliked and hated by many as well, while there are also those who see him as the hero he is trying to be. I feel this explored more character then any other super hero show. And I am glad to have this show back airing on television once again.

I would recommend this to anyone who loves Action, Drama and some comedy.
< 1 2 3 4