Spider-Man: The Animated Series

FOX (ended 1998)

Spider-Man: The Animated Series Fan Reviews (99)

• The well known story of Peter Parker and his famous spiderbite that turned him into Spiderman. Learn how he coped with the change and fought lots of really bad super villains.

I watched this cartoon as a kid because I liked watching super heroes kick butt and everything. Recently I rewatched all the episodes and all I can say is wow. In my opinion this is the best Spiderman cartoon and quite possibly the best super hero cartoon of all time.

Sure the story is off from the comics and some of the episodes are dull but this is still one of the greatest cartoons. The story is great and the animation isn\'t that bad either (other then the whole swinging on buildings that aren\'t there).

The secret wars is probably the best episode of the series.

Its dissappointing to me that they were going to make more episodes but never did. They left with a big cliffhanger. They should make a DVD with all the episodes on it and possibly a couple episodes never seen before.
  • When a lab accident gives Peter Parker superhuman powers and he loses a loved one to crime, he vows to use his new found abilities to protect the innocent even when it involves risking his life and sacrificing personal happiness. Peter Parker is Spider-Ma

A good series that showcased Spider-Man's most insidious foes and showed the viewer that a hero can be a normal person. Peter Parker balanced many pursuits including school, romance, and responsibilities at home while fighting crime and also battled his inner selfishness. Spider-Man as superhuman as he is, was shown to be very human and struggled with many of the same pressures as most youths. It drew from the comic without being redundant but at the same time was faithful in very important respects. It set the bar for the big screen adaptations and was in a way a testing ground for them. The characters are voiced well and the animation is clear and crisp. Although the cartoon, Spider-man and his Amazing Friends is revered by many as the better series, I hold that this is the first cartoon that really brought us far into the Spider-Man universe and gave Peter Parker a real heart and a believable life. Other than the last few episodes of the series which dabbled in the overly wierd, it was a good example of how to bring a comic book hero to the small screen without minimizing him in the process.
  • Good to watch the older Spider-Man, by older I mean the 90's on. Was a good time when this was shown, with X-Men. Had some of the best plot and storylines.

Cross superheroes from other places, made this show seem to pass by quicker. Captain America, X-Men, Iron Man, Fantastic 4, Dr. Strange and others. Made this show seem cool. Spider-Man learn some lessons that you could take into real life. Stan Lee even had a sense of humour to add his wife as an actoress. Overall, they ended in a bad spot, and I wanted to see him recuse MJ.
  • Peter Parker tries to live a normal but can't since he's Spiderman!

This show is a classic. I still believe that this is the most exciting one out of all the shows that have been made about Spiderman. The graphics and drawings may be outdated but the content is still there and it is great. They should release the show on DVD already!!
  • What a great show.

This SpiderMan and the 1960's SpiderMan are my favorites two SpiderMans to watch. This show has plenty of action and adventure and is a huge souce of television for Marvel lovers. This show comes on later in the night on Jetix a late night section of the Disney channel. This has always been a classic and without any doubt anways will be.
  • I want this show back on the air! This show played a big role in my life!

After Teenage mutant Ninja Turtles, but Before Pokemon, DBZ, and whatever else I like...Spider-Man was one of my favorite crazes of all time! This is the Best Spider-Man show ever because the storylines from the comics are more interpeted than any other show. Like X-Men, Spider-Man had really big hypes. I had a lot of spider-Man Action figures, playing video games with him in it(Marvel vs. Capcom series is my faves of all Spider-Man games). I never let him down for anything. Spider-Man is the best,and it's not an opinion, it's a fact! Watch this show, you'll love it a lot! Best storylines since the movie ones(even though Columbia rushed the plot a little).
  • Spider-man is my favorite super-hero, so naturally, I would love this show. Yet, that's not why I do. It tells the Spider-man story without watering it down like other cartoons, giving perhaps the most complete look at Spidey, the hero and the man.

Spider-man is my favorite super-hero, so naturally, I would love this show. Yet, that's not why I do. This show had tons to offer. It tells the Spider-man story without watering it down like other childrens' cartoons, giving perhaps the most complete look at Spidey, the hero and the man. The most interesting aspect of this show is that it began with the origins of Spider-man then porgressed chronologically as the comic book would have. The story matches up so perfectly that any comic book geek (including myself) would be pleased. If you used to read the comic book, I highly recommend checking out the "Venom Saga". It stays so true to the comic and also gives the origin of the coolest villain ever to grace the pages of Marvel Comics. If that's not enough for you, then maybe this will turn you...This show doesn't just focus on Spider-man, it also gives an indepth look at the mind and emotions of the man behind the mask as he deals with his power and the way it affects his world. All in all, it is one of th emore thorough super-hero cartoons and ranks right up there with "Batman the Animated Series".

My final review: A MUST SEE for comic book fans. For those interested in cartoons and action cartoons in general, it also is highly recommended.
  • I loved this show.

I loved this show and still do I have recorded all of the episodes beginning to end.I watched this show when I was little and thought i could crawl walls now a show that makes you think you can do that has to have a major effect on you haha!I honestly do not like the movies of spider-man its too much of a romance,not enough action,now the cartoon has a little bit of both mixed into it and if not both it mostly has comedy and fighting which is what im looking for in a spider-man epsiode.

• This is the best Spider-man Show there is out there!!!! Spider-man incounters many villians and at the sametime he joins teams with heros as Punisher, Blackcat, and my favorite the X-men.

Overal this show ranks high while it is older it definatly hold a spot high on the chart and in my opinion it beats MTV's Spider-man show hands down. The problem with the new one is they try to replace the great plots of the old one with their new and improved graphics.

Overall if you like Spider-man, cartoons & superheros i would definatly watch this show!!!
  • Best Spiderman show ever!!!!

Must be the best Spider-man show ever. The show has awesome villains such as Venom and Carnage. The show is almost as good as the comics. To me Spiderman ia the greatest hero of all time. The series also include characters from the comics like Madame Web and The Prowler. The series is just as amazing as Batman the Animated Series. The series also have crossovers with X-Men, Iron Man and Fantastic Four. I really like season two (Neogenic Nightmare), Season four(Partners in Danger)& Season 5. And having a villain like Venom really made this series unforgettable. Spider-man mutating into a monster in season 2 made me really amazed. Also the crossovers are really great especially the one where he meets The X-Men. This is really my most favourite superhero show of all time.
  • One of the greatest superhero animated series I've ever seen, this easily gets a high place in my heart just because I am a Spidey fan. However, under the surface still resides a series that closly follows the path the comics take, giving it a terrific fe

Spider-Man is easily one of the greatest and most favored superheroes of all time. Aside from his unique ability to crawl on walls, he also has a humanlike lifestyle. This animated series follows that path closly, while having a decent amount of action mixed in.

The voices in this show are very good. It gives you a feel for the characters themselves. Spider-Man's voice is easily one of the greatest voice-overs I've seen for Spider-Man. Venom's voice is...simply identicle to what I expected. Manatical characters like Hobgoblin, Green Goblin, and Carnage make you feel the insanity simply flowing off of them. Good feeling.

But voices aren't the highlights of this series. The plots also are, although not exactly like the comics, are very close indeed. It is this that makes the series great! Almost every major villian in the series (excluding characters like Sandman, who is replaced by Hydroman). The Kingpin is made much more important then he really is in the comics, but this gives the series a good feel all the same. Some characters, like Venom and the Green Goblin, should have been used more, but their appearences have all been grand!

The artwork in this cartoon is very...well, it immerses you into a comicbook world! In seconds! Characters are illistrated almost the exact same as in the comics (exceptions being Doc Ock, but aside from that...).

All in all, this series is hooking, terrific, and also has a connective link with various other superhero animated series throughout the series (most famously the Secret Wars Saga). If you like Spider-Man, you MUST watch this series. If you don't, watch this series anyway!!!!
  • Stock footagepalooza.

Spider-Man started out wonderfully. Beginning with the first encounters with many of his villains, the universe was entertainingly set up. But as it went along, it became obvious that the animators were cutting a lot of corners to save money. In almost every episode, there's a ton of recycled footage. Someones just a few seconds, sometimes more. But it's painfully obvious, and obnoxious.

Then there's how the plots started getting strange. Suddenly, we have Green Goblin puppeting his son from Limbo, Mary Jane the water clone, Carnage and Venom serving under Dormammu, a horde of alternate Spideys, and a completely unsatisfying series finale.

That, and two scenes in the wrong order in the conclusion of the Six Forgotten Warriors finale that makes it almost unwatchable.

Started out well, ended badly, slowly eroded in basic sanity as it went along. No wonder it didn't stick around longer.
  • As one of my favorite saturday morning cartoons growing up, I have a certain soft spot in my heart for this series. However, even today I still find myself thinking back to the good old days of waiting on baited breath each weekend to see the next new ep

Growing up, Spider-man was one of the staples of my saturday morning cartoon diet. I found that I was drawn into the very atmosphere that surrounded the show and became so engaged with what was happening in each episode that, when one ended, I couldn't wait for the next one.

However, enventually the show was over and I stopped watching and caring about what happened. However, recently I've began to see some of the old episodes again and all I can say is that I can't believe that those same episodes that enticed me 10 years ago as a child are still very enjoyable to watch. I'm amazed at how even with overused animations and cheesy CG of downtown NY, I can still manage to block all of it out and just enjoy the series.

Finally, I would recommend this series to pretty much anybody who is into the superhero scene and/or someone who wants to learn more about the Spider-man (but doesn't want to read about him). Obviously, if you're a fan of Spider-man, then this is a must watch tv series.

• IT'S SPIDERMAN!!!!!

its your friendly neighborhood spiderman!!!!! it doesn't air anymore, except on abc family channel in the mornings of the weekends, but if you are really a true fan: you would buy all the season dvd's. what are you waiting for? go get them now! great story, great plot. i mean you would have to be living under a rock for 30+ years if you havent come across spiderman once in your life!
  • AMAZING SHOW

They need to bring this cartoon back it was amazing all the plots where so complex and so good. This and X-men are the greatest cartoons ever but i think i like Spider-Man more than X-Men, but im not sure. Im watching Spider-Man right now, its on every night @ 10:30 on toon disney and X-men is on @ 11:30 every night on toon disney...incase anyonee wants to watch it
  • This show is great!

This show is good because It features great charecters and great storyline and intense action. The graphics were pretty bad for it's time. Another good thing is that there are a lot of villans so it's not the same fight every time. For people who don't like this show Stay away from the forums.
  • Want it back

I think this is the best spiderman series in the world.The plot and the episodes were all good.The problem I found with this series is it never had a real ending and was left like that.The creators should be ashamed to not have a real ending of such a good series.But it still should be remembered as a good show.
  • bad comic cartoon. you have spiderman go in to the desert and he is still doing his signeature move of grapling on to something in the freakin dessert.

This show was pathetic you would watch the guy do that swing kick in the dessert what does he have a blimp to keep swinging on to. And I feel sorry for the group that syndicated the song spiderman no one knows who they are and associated with grappling to things in the sky in the dessert. Not to mention the horrible music.
  • spider-man

7.2
    a teen ager caled peter parker went to a science trip. in the science museme he got bitten by a poisonus spider. peter perker then had problems and his body started hurting all over. soon he descovered his powers and called himself the human-spider. that was then changed to spider-man. a man who could climb walls and everything! sooner he descovered the greatest part of it; shootin out his web.

characters

spider-man:
    he is the hero and wants to go out with mary jane.

mary jane:
    a girl who spider-man loves.

aunt may:
    spider-man's grand ma.
  • A great show one of the best cartoons I watched in my childhood.This show should have had at least one more season.

Spider-Man was a great cartoon.The stories were amazing in my opinion and had nice action even if Spidey wasn't allowed to throw punches and the bad guys had laser guns.Spider_Man also had alot of crossovers with a lot of other Marvel superhero.Peter Parker was always strugging with giving up being Spider-Man or continuing battling crime as the web slinger.
  • Spier-Man was one of the best shows of all time. This show had so much in it like the villains and the others.

This Show is a great Show. I think that this Spider-Man out of all the others that were made is the best. I say this because this Spider-Man was more up to date on the cartoon animation and they were able to do a lot with this series. They had some of the old villains like The Green Goblin, but they had some new villains like Venom. They were able also to have other series brought into Spider-Man like X-Men. What also made the show one of a kind was the fact that they made Spider-Man have a lot more villains to fight and they also had Peter Parker use not only his strength but his brains as well when he fought people like Venom and Hydro-Man. Some of my favorites are "I Really Hate Clones" "Farewell, Spider-Man" and "Six Forgotten Warriors" and they are some many others as well. I will close by saying that this was the best Spider-Man out of all of them and this was one of the best shows of all time.
  • Decent but that's about it.

Unlike DC Comics, Marvel have never had an animated series that was truly spectacular. Spider-Man TAS is no exception.

For the most part, this is a decent series. Peter Parker a.k.a Spider-Man fights supervillains, worries about Aunt May, laments the fact that he's not with Mary Jane and has college to deal with. Sadly, this series was severely restricted by FOX in terms of censorship. In other words, Spider-Man was not allowed punch anyone (despite the fact that he has super strength), everyone used laser guns instead of guns with real bullets and Black Cat's cleavage was barely there compared to her comic book counterpart.

When it came to the origin for the characters, it was pretty accurate compared to the comic book origins, although why they decided to alter Black Cat's origin is beyond me.

As for the plots, there were some good ones in there. Once the "Neogenic Nightmare" started, the series went downhill. "Neogenic Nightmare" which focused on Spider-Man's powers mutating further was too long and drawn out. It got quite boring which would not have been so bad if it hadn't continued on for so long.

Is this series worth watching? If you're a fan of Spider-Man, it's worth a look. If you're not a fan of the Arachnid hero, watch JLU instead.
  • The one the best Super hero shows of the ninties.

Back in the ninties, there was a trend of Superhero cartoons. Batman:TAS, Superman:TAS, Fantastic Four, and X-Men just to name a few. Out of all of them, i have to say Spiderman was my favorite.

Spiderman has always been my favorite superhero, so I was no surprise I loved this show. Out of all the spiderman cartoon series and video games, Spiderman is potrayed best in this series.

All the major characters (with the exception of Sandman) make appearances in this series. From Aunt May to the Green Goblin. Other second stringers like Madam Web, and Debra Whitmen can also be seen. All the characters are represented well, compared to their comic book counter-parts. Spiderman, like always, is a smart-a$$, Jameson is the same annoying geezer, Mary Jane is still the party girl, and Aunt May is the same caring, naive, motherly saint.

The voice acting in the show is also fantastic. Christopher Daniel Barnes potrays Spiderman better than all the other voice actors (eat that Toby Maguire). Barnes is able to put a lot of emotions into his role, that is what makes him the best.

The best part of this show was the story arcs. Each story arc left me wanting more. Whether it was the development of Venom and Carnage, or the introduction of Black Cat, each story arc was fantastic. The stories never strayed to far from the comic books. Even the filler episodes were exciting.

So yeah, I could continue going on about how awesome this show was. It's ashame that they ended it with a cliff hanger, but I still get to watch it every night on Toon Disney so I'm cool with it.
  • a fabulase show about spiderman aka peter

• This series is what made Spider-Man my favorite super hero. My only nock to this series is it never tells you what happened to Mary-Jane!!!!

This series is what made Spider-Man my favorite super hero. The acting was top-notch, in fact, when I read the comics, I hear the voices from this cartoon. Even the comic book based on the movies, I hear the voices from this show. My only nock to this series is it never tells you what happened to Mary-Jane!!!!!! Other than that, awexome show. Truly amazing. They truly could have gone on for years and had awexome stories. It's just too bad that they had to end it with Spidey going off to find MJ. What a cliffhanger! Superhero fans should definitely check out this series.
  • Peter Parker is bitten by a radioactive spider and his world is turned upside down. Now with great power comes great resposibility. Guys, how many times have we heard that one. Spidey takes on villains from the rooftops to the sewers to other planets t

The show that many of us grew up with and was so good that it could only get better with excellent live action. Well a little after the turn of the century, thats what we got. This show is still fun to watch, especially the carnage and venom episodes. The last episodes were great and you thought he was going to find Mary Jane. This shows how much Fox is willing to get rid of a good show. This show ended too early and was ahead of its time. Bring it back!
  • Of all the Marvel Comic shows I have seen, this one is my favorite.

I used to watch this on FOX before Disney bought Fox Kids and turned it into Jetix and I loved it and I still do now that I can see it every night on Toon Disney. This show has a lot of action and drama and some comedy too, The first Marvel comics show I ever watched was X-Men, but I have to say, this series was just better for me. My favorite villain is probably Doc Ock, but I also liked the Green Goblin, and also Venom, ALL RIGHT, I like them all. I just like this show so much.

I like this about the main character Peter Parker, when he was bitten and got his powers, he first used them to earn some money, yet it turns out when he had a chance to stop a criminal yet didn't think he should bother, until it cost him his Uncle Ben's life, that's when he learn (shall I say it) "With great power comes great responsibility." Now Peter uses his identity has Spider-Man to protect the city from many villains yet realises that some of the villains were created cause of him and though he has these powers, he does not call them a gift, to him he is both gifted and cursed with these powers, he does so much good yet so much bad from it also happens, I feel this is true realisim for a super hero. And I also find it that while he fights for justice, he is disliked and hated by many as well, while there are also those who see him as the hero he is trying to be. I feel this explored more character then any other super hero show. And I am glad to have this show back airing on television once again.

I would recommend this to anyone who loves Action, Drama and some comedy.
  • The best Spider-Man adaptation of all time. I loved it.

This show deserves an Emmy(did it get one?). It was the best Spider-Man adaptation and one of the best superhero shows of all time period. It could have made more episodes, had it not been for the contract the Marvel signed, to produce no more than 65 episodes. They wanted to make more, but FOX did not. :(
  • A very good Spider-Man cartoon.

This show had some amazing action in it. I think this is the best Spider-Man show of all time.
    The show showed all of Spider-Man's villains(except for SandMan) and more. Spider-Man joined forces with other superheroes(Black Cat, Captain America, Iron Man, etc.), and fought crime in New York. I'll admit to not seeing all of the episodes, but it's pretty good. If it wasn't for the Spider-Man movie, I wouldn't have gotten interested in this show. The main plot is Peter getting bit by a radioactive spider, giving him spider-powers(except for webbing, he made a device to do that). With those powers, he fights many supervillains.(My favorite is Electro.)
    To make this short, this was a good 90s action cartoon, even if real guns weren't used.
    I never did figure out what happened to Mary Jane, though. It's worth watching.

~PHARAOH2.

• The best Spider-Man cartoon

This is,by-far, the best Spider-Man I have ever seen.Although they tend to re-use a lot of the same animation at some point,but thats not really an issue,Im just nit-picking).My only real complaint is that why havent they released the full seasons on DVD? I tired of this "selected episode to help tie in with the movie" crap. I know its a marketing thing but come on. I really hope the guys at marvel and whoever elese has the rights to market Spider-Man wise up.And soon.
< 1 2 3 4