Spider-Man: The Animated Series

FOX (ended 1998)

Spider-Man: The Animated Series Fan Reviews (99)

• AWESOME!

Just finished the series. Probably the best cartoon series that I have ever seen. It gets a little strange at times but for the most part is just plain awesome!
  • Great show!

After seeing the latest Xmen Movie, I got nostalgic over the old Fox Kids superhero cartoons and watched both Xmen and Spiderman. Got to say I'm not disappointed, they were great!
  • Top Shows - What got me into Spider-Man

Various ep (94-98)
  • The greatest Marvel cartoon of all time

I watched all the Spider-Man seasons on netflix. I watched it also when it was on jetix. This show brought back alot of memories. The overall of this is off the hook , its an awesome show
  • Spider-Man Is My All-Time Favorite Cartoon!

I absolutely love Spider-Man because he is awesome, and he is my favorite hero of all time. The TV show was amazing, exciting, and dangerous. I got Ultimate Villain Showdown and Daredevil vs Spider-Man for Christmas because they play great on my VCR. Disney XD currently airs the series. Returns: Summer of 2013. Once again, I love Spider-Man so much! :( ha ha ha
  • inaccurate

i was really confused about season 2 with the neogenics nightmare, i dont suppose that spiderman really turned into a mutated monster in the actual comics itself, and ofcourse i was abit dissapointed about the ending where mary jane was not found ''yet''. and electro was not a german spy, he was a electician that was shocked by high voltage of electricity whilst fixing a electric cable. overall, i think i was amazing, but a bad ending.
  • Great Series

I loved this show as a kid, and it has aged well. Great story, character, and plot development. This is the series that introduced me to Spider-Man, and I never looked back since...
  • Good but flawed

This show was great! and it really knew how to keep to the comic books. However this show is severly flawed, i mean laser beams instead of guns? what the heck, and some of the dialogue was cheesy, then again its cheesy in the comics. Overall this show was good, but due to editing and other censorship it really hurt the show. Maybe if the dvd comes out they could have a uncut version, if the dvd ever comes out. Until then i guess i can watch the episodes on youtube. Like everyone else, but i really want this show on dvd, along with X Men
  • woo spidy

When I was a kid I used to be obsessed with this show. I would get home from school and wait for this show to come on. I even had like millions of the toys that had to do with this show. This is probably one of the best comic book related cartoons that have ever been made. It's weird that I used to love Spider-man so much, because i don't even like him even more, the movies were pretty good (besides the third movie that was just terrible), but I'm still not spidy fan.

could think of a hundred words so i rambled on at the end.
  • Good, but it could have used some more action

Don't get me wrong, this show was the bomb. The revelations and confrontations were first-rate. The action was good. he guest stars were well-handled. And the girls were SPICY hot (especially Felicia). However, the one problem that I saw with this series was the lack of high-quality fight scenes. Unlike the 2003 and Spectacular incarnations of the hero, this series focused more on the ability of Spidey to think through a problem and talk through a problem with small attention being given to his abilities in an actual fight (strength, dexterity, spider-sense). His spider sense seemed to serve only to warn him of a problem that he STILL couldn't avoid. His strength was often made to pale in comparison to that of his enemies. However, at the close of the day, it was still an awesome show. Though I think Pete should have wound up with the insanely hot Felicia over the whiny Mary Jane.
  • It was a good show.

I never thought it would ever come to an end, but as soon as I knew it, it came to an end. It was really unexpected. I had really started to like the show, but I guess that is what growing up is like. When I was a kid, I liked watching this show because of the villains. I had a few of the action figures and I became a fan of the show. The show had some good action and some good comedy when needed. The stories were okay and it was very entertaining. Overall, this brings back some memories. Thank you.
  • Incredible show. Spider-Man had a great story line and episodes. The characters looked great and there was plenty of action for everyone. It's not like any of these remakes of the cartoon that aren't any good at all. I wish the show would.t have ended.

Peter Parker, other wise know as Spiderman, has to fight crime in New York city. He gets his powers from a radioactive spider bite. He has super strength and agility with the legendary spider sense. However, the web part is different from the movies. In the show, Peter makes a special material and keeps it in his gloves in web canisters. That is originally how the comic was written. In the movie, he gains webbing as a power. The show is great. Spiderman even teams up with other marvel superheroes. Including Blade, Daredevil, The Punisher, X-Men, Captain America, The Fantastic Four, Iron Man, and who could forget Black Cat. But of course there are villians. Venom, Carnage, Kingpin, Morbius, Shocker, Rhino, Mysterio, Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, scorpion, Kraven the Hunter, Dr. Doom, Dr. Octopus, and more. Peter is always torn between Spiderman and his personal life which includes Mary Jane. I highly recommend watching it if your into superheroes.
  • The 1994 version of the spider-man series. A classic.

I personally love Spider-Man, I have ever since I was a kid. I'm 13 now and I'm still into it! This series is the 1994 version of the '60's version. Since it's first appearance in the comics by creator Stan Lee it has been a major favorite of people. Set in New York and also different places. Spider-Man goes around New-York stopping things from petty crimes like a mugging to stopping super-villains such as Venom and the Sinister Six. He doesn't do this all alone. He has worked with the Avengers, Daredevil, The Hulk, And so on. He has connections. So in summation this is one of my favorite shows and it is a classic. 10/10!
  • where can I download the episodes of Black cat Black suit Spiderman as well as blades episode?

but obviously a classic very good storys and awesome characters my favs have to be Black-Suit Spiderman, Black Cat, and Blade which reminds me where can I find their episodes for download? Also the new version of the series also know as Spectacular Spider man is fantastic and a nastalgic trip of the good old cartoons that you can really only watch now in the three hundreds on digital tv. what ever happend to the good stuff why are people making such horrible new things why can they not use more of the good ideas like marvel heros and things like that.
  • The best spiderman cartoon until now

While this used to be the cream of the crop when it comes to spiderman cartoons, it has respectfully given its crown to the spectacular spiderman now. As a kid this show was amazing, best show I had ever seen. When I watch it now (which I do all the time still) I realize it was a very lazy and thrown together show. Every episode had a scene that was repeated atleast 4 or 5 times. This was a very good source tho if you didnt read the comics or couldnt keep up with the comics. Great representation of characters and very thrilling and intriguing stories. The show went out on a weird note IMO. Wish they would have tied it up a little more.
  • The life of Spiderman as a troubled young adult and in the meantime crime fighter.

This new installment of the Spider-man saga has been my favorite, I also prefer it over the movies and the 80s TV show. What I like about this version is that we are presented with a human Spider-man. He is a troubled young man who happens to discover his super natural powers thus being faced with many different situations in which he has to either use his supernatural powers or act in a more subtle way. The animations are very good too, although, I hate the CGIs the show had in the first season that were removed later in the series.
  • check out the amazing spider-man face off against mighty foes such as the green goblin, dr. octopus, kraven the hunter, and more.

when young peter parker was bitten by a radioactive spider, he inherited the strength, speed, and agility of said spider, proportional to those of your everyday person.

with these poweres gained, peter remembers his fallen uncles words, "with great power, comes great responsibility." peter creates the persona, spider-man, to bring super-human enemies to justice. however, this is never an easy task.

through out peter's/spider-man's adventures, he comes to find that some of the people he loves, will soon face great danger, either through fate (mary jane, the damsel in distress) or personal choice (harry osbourne becoming the new green goblin).

although continuity with plots never lined up accurately with the comics, one must remember that comics seldom maintain their own continuity, especially at the time this review is being written.

for those of you interested in the tangled web of spider-man, this cartoon offers simple explanations for both young and mature audiences to grasp, maintaining the classic struggle of good versus evil, and peter's personal balance of power and responsibility. hope you enjoy!
  • Peter Parker, as Spider-Man, defends New York City from super-villians in the best take on Spider-Man to date.

This was one of my favorite cartoons when I was younger though I never followed alot of the series very well; always saw things out of order. When I first started watching it, I was too young to really understand the idea of an on-going series rather than just stand-alone episodes featuring similar characters. It wasn't until college that I found the time to catch up on all of the episodes and rewatch them in order that I really noticed how great the whole story being told really was.

This series managed to have a lot of good episodes, whether or not it followed exactly as the comics did. I really wish it had been brought back for more episodes in order to give better closure at the end though. I'm waiting for the eventual DVD release so that I can continue to relive the excitement from this series the same way I used to back on Saturday mornings when I was in grade school.
  • Spider man travels around saving the day and defeating his foes. Often he has to face new challenges which test him to the limmits making a great programme.

I have not watched this show in years. I use to watch it when I was younger and I remember really enjoying it. It has everything you dream of when you're young. You have a super hero saving the day endlessly who has the abillity to use spider webs to almost fly. Often children find themselves wishing they could be like this. That is what makes a child show great and they really have achieved this with Spider Man. The story lines are good aswell and it is not always the same. Each one is individual making and exciting and entertaining show. Worth watching if you're young.
  • This is the best interpretation of spider-man!

Spider-man is probably Marvels greatest comic book inventions ever and the tv series, this one in particular, are know different. It is a classic tv show no spiderman fan should not see. Each episode is perfect up until the 5th season and its bad storyline. While the ending is abrupt and leaves you wishing for more the build up to the finale is great. The ongoing story arcs are exciting and thrilling and tie into one great but unfortunately unresolved story focusing on mary jane. I have decided that I can easily rate almost every episode with over an eight. So this show is definetly recomended
  • Best show ever.

This show was amazing. Every episode was incredible because it was all part of an ongoing story arc which made you always want to watch the next episode to see what happened next. They had almost all the villains from the comics and they were all done properly. The dialogue and writing was excellent and the animation was great too. The show lasted 5 seasons which is a long time and never once did it seem like it was running out of ideas. I actually think the last season was the best season. That whole story with Secret Wars and the Six Forgotten Warriors was amazing. Great show.
  • AWESOME

this show was my childhood i am a geek i am a big spidy fan and i wish they made more of it after just three seasons it was great the storys the action and best of all it was SPIDERMAN what more do you want in a show. sure it had some bad voices but i didnt care i was i kid this is classic stuff.

i give this show: 9
  • Haha,I remember this show.

This show was before SpiderMan movies.

I shorta enjoy this except I'm not anymore.

Still it's a great show for new-borns but it was in the past and they don't show it anymore.

Maybe they should bring it back for a reason.

Too bad they won't because if they did I'll still watch this show rather than the movies.
  • Peter Parker defends New York City from super-villians in a great take on Spider-Man.

This was one of my favorite cartoons when I was younger though I never followed alot of the series very well; always saw things out of order. It wasn't until college that I found the time to catch up on all of the episodes and rewatch them in order that I really noticed how great the story being told really was. It managed to have a lot of good episodes, whether or not it followed exactly as the comics did (which I've not really read much of though I have the first 500 issues on a CD set from Amazon.com).

• One of my all time favorite shows. I used to watch this show everyday after school. I have seen every episode many times.

One of my all time favorite shows. I used to watch this show everyday after school. I have seen every episode many times. I really wish that they would release this show in DVD Boxsets, but I dont see that happening anytime soon. I do have all the DVD releases that they made for this show. I wish it would come back on TV.
  • This show go right behind Batman tas and X Men.

This is a Show that I would call not finish The last episode was not good and the ending could have been better. Overal the show is great and it is right behind Batman tas and X men. The only problem is some of the episode were not good and threw me off. Spiderman had a lot of good episode to but the show is very good.
  • 3 years of the best saturday morning show ever well that and the xmen cartoon

the spiderman series in the 90's rocked so hard well hell it still does if i could ever find it on the air anymore although i thought it ran longer than just 3 years it seemed alot longer and it should have been the show was awsome the snesgame was the best and the toys even better although i wish i would have left them in package the wide variety of villans in this show is really what makes it un forgetable that and carnaige look's hella bad ass im sure if you have ever seen this show you know it was the best spiderman they ever made at least i think so
  • This show was great!

Too bad they canceled this show. It was cool watching the animated series of Spider-Man. You get to see most of Spider-Man's super-villains. The only super-villain that wasn't mentioned was Sandman. My favorite super-villain of Spider-Man was Venom and Carnage. My favorite episode was when Spider-Man had the symbiote suit and when he had to fight Venom. All of the Spider-Man animated series are canceled like Spider-Man Unlimited. I hope they come up a new animated series of Spider-Man that is in 3-D. That'll be cool.
  • I loved watching this when I was little.

Ah, Spiderman, the friendly neighbourhood Spiderman. I loved this cartoon, used to watch it every weekend. This cartoon got me into liking Spiderman, and now I have Spiderman one and two on DVD, and I cannot wait for the third one to come out in the cinema. My best character was venom. This cartoon was one of the best in it's days, along with Batman of course.

This along with other programmes is in my childhood television memories. I sometimes watch re-runs if it's on, as it was and still is a very entertaining show to watch, and always will be.
  • spiderman is the best!

spiderman is the best super hero for me! actually,my favorite color is red and spiderman is red so i think sipderman's costume is very cool!!! i like his power that is a web comes out from his hands and fly over the sky by repeating his awesome web!!! spiderman is so active! never to forget spiderman coz' he's my one and only favorite!