Spider-Man: The Animated Series

FOX (ended 1998)

Spider-Man: The Animated Series Fan Reviews (99)

• Peter Parker, as Spider-Man, defends New York City from super-villians in the best take on Spider-Man to date.

This was one of my favorite cartoons when I was younger though I never followed alot of the series very well; always saw things out of order. When I first started watching it, I was too young to really understand the idea of an on-going series rather than just stand-alone episodes featuring similar characters. It wasn't until college that I found the time to catch up on all of the episodes and rewatch them in order that I really noticed how great the whole story being told really was.

This series managed to have a lot of good episodes, whether or not it followed exactly as the comics did. I really wish it had been brought back for more episodes in order to give better closure at the end though. I'm waiting for the eventual DVD release so that I can continue to relive the excitement from this series the same way I used to back on Saturday mornings when I was in grade school.