Spider-Man: The Animated Series

Sins of the Fathers (1): Doctor Strange

Aired Saturday 10:00 AM Apr 27, 1996 on FOX

• Spider-Man finds Mary Jane after she disappers for awhile, but she's under the mystical influence of Dormammu and Baron Mordo. Spider-Man enlists the help of Dr. Strange and Wong to rescue Mary Jane and stop Dormammu from entering our dimension.

This was a good one. I'd almost consider it a filler, but there are no real fillers in this series. It answered the question of what happened to Mary Jane at the end of season 2 and it cameos Madame Web at the end, who becomes a major player in the series.

Dr. Strange is an interesting character. His voice was spot on and much better than his appearance in "The Incredible Hulk" cartoon. I like his powers and his origin was interesting, considering I don't really know much about him. His sidekick, Wong, was also a good addition to Spidey's allies gallery. George Takei provided an excellent voice for him and it was cool to see some martial arts moves in the episode.

I like the villains in this episode, but they should have just stayed in this episode. Dormammu and Baron Mordo really didn't need a follow-up episode. Even if they had a follow-up, it should not have been the two-part "Venom Returns" and "Carnage" arc. Both villains had good voices and designs, but they should have just stayed in this episode and that's it.