Spider-Man: The Animated Series

Six Forgotten Warriors (5): The Price Of Heroism

Aired Saturday 10:00 AM Oct 17, 1997 on FOX

• A Great Episode, Unfortunately...

This episode was epic. It was the conclusion to the 5 part six forgotten warriors arc. Electro being the doomsday weapon was a genuine surprise, and it was really cool to see Spider-Man, Captain America, and the Six American Warriors all working together. We see Kingpin get taken away in an ambulance after trying to stop Electro, possibly leading to him getting locked up for good? Also, we see SHIELD headquarters get easily taken down by Electro!

Unfortunately, this episode was almost ruined by a couple of major mistakes. Firstly, in the battle between SHIELD and Electro, they keep showing a random ship firing at SHIELD headquarters. I'm pretty sure that was a mistake, because SHIELD was sending all of its fighter ships out to defeat Electro, and Electro wasn't using any fighter ship to attack SHIELD. Secondly, the scene with Captain America and Spider-Man fighting Red Skull and Chameleon was out of order. I was super confused when I was watching this, because all of a sudden they were fighting, and then a scene after showed Captain America and Spider-Man alone until being ambushed by Red Skull and Chameleon. This was a very lazy and embarrassing error, which unfortunately does take away from an otherwise great episode!
  • The conclusion.

This is part 5 of a massive five part story. Spider Man goes to Russia to find out about his parents, while he's there, the newly reformed Insidous Six are there along with the Kingpin and he does battle with them. While he's there, he learns about the doomsday weapon. He returns home, and locates the six american warriors, once he does, they all go to stop the kingpin, they bring back Captain America and the Red Skull who then reveals the doomsday weapon as being Electro. They stop Red Skull and Electro and everything goes back to the way it was. A great story arc.