Spider-Man: The New Animated Series

MTV - Music Television (ended 2003)

Silver_Sword_14

Spider-Man: The New Animated Series Fan Reviews (41)

• amazing

I honestly thought it was amazing. Just finished it on Netflix and i was blown away how they left it. I was honestly quite mad too. It was a great series that should have continued
  • Good show that didn't get a second chance.

For all the crap shows MTV have renewed over the years this series should had got at least one more summer run to tie up loose ends instead of the cliff ending it got. As for the series itself I would rank this series behind Spider-Man the animated series 1994 and The Spectacular Spider-Man. Simply because the show tried to focus on Peter Parker's life outside of being Spider-Man while still having all the web swinging goodness. CGI isn't bad for the main characters and action set pieces certain people models and city enviroment repeat but that's expected in a CGI cartoon series. In the series 13 episode run each episode was good, the only episode I wasn't really feeling was "Keeping Secrets" because it was kinda predictable in what would happen.

Voice cast: Neil Patrick Harris does a great job voicing Spider-Man(in the show and Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions) Lisa Loeb and Ian Ziering are good as Mary Jane Watson and Harry Osborn and the chemistry with the 3 made the show go when Peter wasn't Spider-Man. And it would be interesting to see where things would had gone with the love triangle with Peter, Mary Jane and Indy to Harry finding out the guy he's blaming for his father's death is his roommate and best friend.

The show had a lot of potential to expand the Spider-Man universe with the storylines that were in season one, what could had been in season two and other unused super villains. I believe if this show was on any other network it would probably got another season or two because let's be real MTV is the teenage girl network and it has been that way since the late 1990s. Since most teenage girls don't want to watch a show with a guy in red and blue spandex fighting crime the show suffer in the ratings department.

Like The Spectacular Spider-Man the show got cut down before it took off. Here's hoping Disney retool the Ultimate Spider-Man or just give Spidey a new show to show off his greatness.
  • spiderman mtv

This cartoon is darker and more realistic than other spidey is the best spidey CGI is looking actions are theme is superb!
  • Spidey Is Awesome.

This was my favorite out of all the spider man shows. One reason is because Stan Lee does a voice in this one. I loved how the graphics made it look so real. The cell shading was a very important part in it. I wish they were going to make a 2nd and 3rd and 4th season. If you watch it I promise you wont regret it.
  • Spider Man

So there was another Spiderman animated television series after a 4 year gap. In this latest series, the visuals have been upgraded. They have used CGI + cell shaded visuals in this series. It creates a modern look to it.

It consists of only 13 episodes (only one season) But there are many villains in store for you. The main villains include: Electro, The Lizard, Silver Sable, Kingpin, and Kraven The Hunter. There are many other villains too that Spiderman will fight with. But the bad thing is that there is no Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Venom, Carnage or other powerful super villains in this one. But it's still good. The fights are good, and sometimes intense. The background music and the dialogues will make it better.

You will find Peter Parker (of course) in this series. And Mary Jane and Harry Osborn. There's a new character called Indy who plays the roll of Peter's love interest. You wont find Aunt May at all. Peter Parker seems changed a little bit. In the past, he looked more geekish, but now, he looks like an average high-school kid.

Kids can watch this show, but mainly this show is for teenagers. Well, it depends on the kids though. But any Spiderman fan will like the series.

Visual: 8/10 New improved CGI + cell shaded graphics. Its good. New look to Spiderman toons.

Audio: 8/10 Background music + theme song rocks.

Story: 7/10 I thought the story was very weird in some episodes (not like spiderman at all)

Characters: 7/10 Good characters: Spiderman, Harry Osborn.

Overall: 8/10 Like I said before, a great animated series. But its too short and the ending will leave you wanting for more
  • A nice attempt to create the ultimate Spider-Man series...

I mean, I did not dislike of this series, but there are too many things in it, which in my view, just do not add up.

For instance, trying to create a series, basing on the premises in which the first movie had, that would either be fantastic, or would just be lame. And in this case, it was lame. The animation was good, and I admit that we still had a couple of laughs from the jokes that Spider-Man shot at the villains, while fighting them. Which takes me to yet another point... the villains. I mean, they could have put in a couple of cool villains, not just the Kingpin, Electro and Kraven (the rest of the villains were specifically created just for this series)? And the fact that we do not even see Aunt May, or Gwen Stacy or Jamenson, or any other main character from the franchise, made this one a failed series, which could have been the greatest Spider-Man series ever made... Better luck next time. Still, it stil deserves an 8, because of the voice cast in it was spectacular.
  • Peter Parker aka Spiderman fights crime and saves the day.

At first I thought it would be really lame, but after watching ll the other Spidey series this was the only one left (it and the pre-80's stuff) so I decided to give it a shot even though I didn't like the pilot much, after 4-5 episodes the show gets really interesting IMO, I like the fact that they use different villains and not known Spidey Enemies cause they look cooler, yet Electro and Lizard ain't that much...

The theme was bad, made the show look like one bog soap opera, but meh, it hatches on after a couple if times hearing it...

MJ looks hotter than ever IMO XD.

And I still have to finish watching this series, it's great IMO and a shame it's not going season 2, but I understand, I guess everyone would think of it the same way I did at first site,they should give it a chance...
  • Its a good series, but you will find it's different from the rest of the series.

Audio: 8/10 Background music + theme song rocks.

Characters: 7/10 Good characters: Spiderman, Harry Osborn.

• Its ok....not great but ok

I mean it was ok. It wasnt great but it was worth watching. It actually seemed dated for its time, I would have liked more fluid CG but meh what ya gonna do. I disnt mind the storylines and the characters, it was better than Spiderman Unlimited thats for sure. But not better than anything else. The final episodes were kind of like meh too, but all Spiderman man endings have been terrible (seriously nice ending unlimted). But hey atleast we have TSS now which we can forget this happened and move on to the better spiderman series now. Right? -
  • A great decent Spiderman show!

A new awesome series came in 2003 and in 2004 it suddenly dissapeared. What happened, we will never probaly know. But this series brings back the web-head in his adventures after he defeated the Green Goblin (After Spiderman the movie) and saves new york city from evil freaks and pre goodies. This series is one of the first to feature 3D animation which was cool but not so realistic. Luckily a DVD came out to remember this series that only lasted a season (UNLIKE BIRDS OF PREY). Anyway I recommend this show to kids and adults but was more aimed for teenagers but it was fun while it lasted.
  • For great flashy action series,not like crappy old ones.Spider-man does a great job and its really intresting for TEENS ,but kids

So its pretty cool like you know,you hadnt never seen a cell shading graphics style before,its pretty artisticly cool.So its a nice thing that thre is alot of action it,and there is also blood (Not alot) and humour .Web slinger does his job in anew style,pretty cool and i think its worth a while.If you are not fan of spider-man you still might enjoy it,And if your a Marvel comic book fan you find really intrestting.Anyway this one of the greatest spider-man series,its pretty cool,worth watching and really intresting atr some points

Thou dissapointing it doesnt follow the Marvel comic book series
  • MTV Spider-man Series has it's ups and it's downs, but there are many downs...It's all in your taste of Spider-Man shows.

6.8

Personally I think this series is relatively decent compared to say Spider-Man:Unlimited which was a continuation of Spider-Man:TAS (1994) it has it's moments where the show goes completely hardcore and battles that you won't see on say Fox in the Saturday Morning Line Up just because it's too violent.You'll see alot for the mature audience in which the children shouldn't see because it's just too bloody. I believe I remember in what of the episodes featured the villain ,Shikata, which is made up just for the series and she chops off on of the men's fingers...yes, one of there fingers....don't ask... Story-wise the show is not all that great especially on arcs for the series since this is based on what happens after Spider-Man: The Movie they are VERY VERY limited on villains they are allowed to use since they did not know which one would/wouldn't appear in the future Spider-Man films, and that's why they decided to create there own Spider-man villains for the show such as stated before Shikata. the villains that they come up with aren't very creative and not very Spider-Man like in my opinion. But don't worry you will still be seeing classic villains such as Kraven the Hunter, Electro, and The Lizard.

Peter Parker in this series is in college with Mary Jane Watson and his buddy, Harry Osborn. The voices don't sound like the movie voices at all and sound like something that came out of the books such as Spider-man's jokes/wisecracks which there isn't many of in the movies giving much more intense battles.Personally I'm not a fan of any of the voice work.

The CGI in this toon is well done and giving nice textures overall even tough in some places it will look like a videogame giving it a plain looking background but mostly it's quite nice. I'm glad about this because at least they did not give no effort to how the show will look. This is most definitely a HIGH point of the series.

Again this is based off the movies so if you are looking for a classic, comic based spider-Man cartoon this is not for you and I recommend the 90's Spider-Man cartoon for you. You won't see the original origins for the villains as you'd want and you'll be noticing a lot of villains you won't recognize and never heard about. This is overall if you like decent CGI cartoons and really nice action this is definitely for you but if you want something with a great story to be told and comic based characters i do not recommend this at all because you will NOT be a happy camper.

-Your friendly Neighborhood Spider
  • A great show.

This was a Spider Man series that aired in 2003. The animation was made by Mainframe. The same company that did ReBoot, Beast Wars and a few other shows. This series is alot more mature than the previous Spider Man series that aired. There was less censorship so there was more violence. There were realistic guns, rough looking fights with hard punches, and some mild swearing too. The animation was very well done and looked great. All the episodes were great too. The writing was really well done. The villains were great and Spider Man himself was portrayed great. Overall, it was a very well done show.
  • Spidey just wasn't his best in this one. He just didn't have that original thing in him.

4.1
    Spidey just wasn't his best in this one. He just didn't have that original thing in him. He never ever got me into it. I have only watched TWO of them. And I don't think I'll ever watch it again. I'm sticking with the two original Spidey cartoons. This is the WORST one yet. Who wrote this? I would like to give them a good punch in the face. He was goodly animated and I give some credit for that. But NO! Why would they ruin Spidey so horribly? This why a gave it the rating it deserves. A poor 4.1.
  • I love this show!

This show is great! Well, probably because I'm a big fan. But, still, I enjoy watching this show. I haven't seen this show for a long time because I never knew what channel to watch. But, now I do. Spider-Man (2003) is so far my best TV series of Spider-Man than the other series. The reason is because of the graphics of the show. It looks nice. I like how all the characters look. Since I haven't watched this show in a long time, I was wondering is the graphic or version of the show in 2-D or is it a cartoon animated show? I'm not sure.
  • THE GOOD OLD DAY OF SPIDEY I WONDER WHERE DID THE WRITER GET HIS IDEA MAYBE HIS BITTEN BY A SPIDER THIS THE 2003. SPIDER-MAN SERIES,WELL YOU WELL ALL LIKE THIS SERIE THE GRAPHIC IS GOOD AND THE STORY ALSO,SPIDEY FOUGHT EVIL VILLIANS KICK THERE BUTT THATIT

7.6
    I like this show pls. bring it back it was air on philipines ones and I like to repeat this show, its cool mary jane has a rocker style and Im a spidey fan. SPIDEY RULES well I have nothing to say if they dont like it has only 1 season and that makes it more booooring if I am the writer I ll put all the villians together an see how spidey takes it kicking there butt and did green goblin appear on the seasons the only villian I remenber is kingpin that fat grub again SPIDEY RULES
  • Just like every other Spider-man movie, comic or cartoon, Peter Parker struggles with being spider-man and considers how giving up would help his relationship with his life love Mary-Jane.

Ok know i usually don't say this but I definatly over estimated this show. I grew up with the 90's version of spider-man on fox and was afraid i was going to reck that memory of the show ..... Boy was i wrong there wasn't to much about this show that i didn't like!!!! Although it did take me a episode or two too get used to the 3d MTV graphics. But overall i ended up enjoying this show i now own the complete series on DVD, which only makes since because it would cost you 3 times as much buying them individualy
  • i love this show is the coolest spider man show

bring it back mtv. why did u remove it was going good and now i miss this show u can sell it to cartoon network channel or something if u want to air any new espisode bring it back this show was off the hook at least something for big teens and some action in it. anything on mtv air i throught it will be good show. bring it back it back pleasr
  • Another good version of the spider-man franchise.

I grew up watching this show. It's actually the thing that got me into Spider-Man. I just loved the many adventures they went through. All the characters, voices, everything was perfect. All though, I could have done without the repetitive animation. Regardless, this show was one of my favourites. And still is. I admired it's suberb writing, voice acting, animation everything. It also brought something to Spider-Man that the other shows didn't bring: struggle. Spider-Man finally seemed more 3 demensional. He always was in a fit. Not knowing wheather to abandon his loves, to save others. His jokes and puns were hilarious too! My only beef was Madame Web. Arrg! She stiked me as a tad bit too arrouguant. And not to mention she made Spidey seem stupid. He always seemed to be getting along well in the episode, until he's stumped and Madame Web comes to give him some advice and a lesson. Not that that was a big problem though. Anyway, I felt the show ended at the right time. It had done it share of worthy adaptions, characters, and much much more. But, I do wish we could have figured out what happened to MJ. But her not returning does make it much more sad for Spidey. After all his battles he never got see her again. Or did he?
  • Awesome show

This is a pretty cool show to the Spiderman series, the 3-D is great, the characters are realistic. I like how the story followed more of a comic like plotline. On ytv, this show was usually aired late at night, but I liked it. Maybe if it wasn\'t on so late I\'d probably see a few, or if I knew a place were you could buy the series. This series has some antagonists I haven\'t seen before. I like the quotes like where Peter is walking during the day with Mary Jane, then suddenly a bad guy appears when their in a convercation and Peter says \"Holy crap!,\" then somehow turns into Spiderman at the right time.
  • A below average animated version of super hero Spiderman.

A below average animated version of super hero Spiderman.
    Neil Patrick Harris ( That's right, Doogie Howser ) did the voices of Peter Parker and Spider-Man. Other voices were provided by Lisa Loeb ( The Singer ) as Peters want to be girlfriend Mary Jane Watson, Ian Ziering as Harry Osborn, Edward Asner ( Lou Grant ) as Officer Barr, Angelle Brooks as Indira 'Indy' Daimonji, Keith Carradine ( Singer, Actor Into The West ) as Jonah Jameson and Suchin Pak as Alison Tomita. This version did not last very long as it was not very entertaining. Kind of tough to follow in the footsteps of the original.

• I am liking Spider-Man and Peter Parker. Spider-Man is fighting his enemies. I am feeling good. Peter loves Mary Jane. Harry was Peter's best friend. Spider-Man is Peter Parker. I will like red and blue spider. Peter Parker is Spider-Man. Spider-Man is co

I am feeling good. Spider-Man is cool. Spider-Man is brave. Peter Parker is Spider-Man. Spider-Man is Peter Parker. I will like red and blue spider. I am liking Spider-Man and Peter Parker. Spider-Man is fighting his enemies. Peter loves Mary Jane. Harry was Peter's best friend. I can love Spider-Man.
  • I really enjoyed whatching this show.

Takes place after the movie. Peter Parker trying to balance his life as Spider-man and...well, Peter Parker. Goes through several episodes and meets a new girl, loses the girl, and finds himself in love with Mary Jane(again).Great storylines, i love the villians they've decided to so and most of the ep's ive enjoyed whatching.
  • Loved This Show

I absolutly loved this show i went out and got the dvd set when it was released and was very disappointed when they canceled it i think this show could make a comeback like family guy did if enough people want it the studios give it .thats what i believe and i am sticking to it . the show was innovative using cel shaded animation movement was fluid it was full of stars it was a great show
  • Take a peek at the main page.

I still don't get it, why did they kill this show? It rocked and I loved the voice actors they chose! I thought it was a perfect follow up to the movies and to the previous cartoon. It was so much more REAL it had a very gritty feel and left us on a cliffhanger! Come on! You can't do that!!!
  • Ok this wasnot the 90's series and that's ok, but this wasn't better than that and that's the problem

I never understand why in the 90's they used lasers, that was childish, even for me and I was a child! so I was hoping this show to make things right, to keep it real, just like Evolution did for the X-men, and it almost did it, it was kinna interesant the plot, and all the hate for the SPider-man, but then they killed all villains in the show, every single one got killed or arrested or....whatever it just don't feels ok, specially thwe dead ones. I think that was one of the reasons of its premature end, Stan Lee even voiuced an episode! and He did not that for Evo, so the series has probabilities to win money or at least be a decent show, of course the problem was some of the plots were everything but childish! I just love the Electro of this series, it seems real, well I mean more real than the last version wich sucks! maybe a crossover could help the serieas, now it's just too late and...let's wait for the next one.
  • It wasn't as good as the 90s Spider-Man, but it was okay.

Most people know the plot(if you've seen the movie). Peter gets bitten by a radioactive spider, giving him spider-powers, and he goes out and fights crime in a costume under the name of Spider-Man.
    The villains needed some work. They just weren't as threatening as the 90s Spider-Man villains. I like how they remade Electro, though, although I preferred the 90s version Electro. The plots weren't as great, but they were okay. Too bad it only lived through 13 episodes. The characters' animation was interesting, and the action was pretty good, too.
    It had a good ending, though. This takes place after the first movie, so he must have changed his mind and went back being Spider-Man because there is a 2nd movie.
    I liked it, but not as much as the 90s Spider-Man.
    ~Pharaoh2.
  • Takes place after the movie. Peter Parker trying to balance his life as Spider-man and...well, Peter Parker. Goes through several episodes and meets a new girl, loses the girl, and finds himself in love with Mary Jane(again).Great visuals and stunning a

Stunning visuals, great dialogue, and so much potential to be the best spider-man cartoon series ever. It\'s weakness: the story writers TRIED to create captivating stories that lasted for 20-25 minute episode (with the exception of the last 2 episodes), but failed for the most part in creating interesting episodes. They weren\'t able to create depth or empathy for all the characters. An example would be the episode with the Lizard. Since Dr. Connor\'s family wasn\'t in the story to portray his sane and unselfish side, they made him a psychopathic scientist obsessed with his the regeneration of his arm. Making him a deadly villain when in fact his alter-form was just an accident. Although The episode with Electro was great. Perhaps a longer running storyline which would span through several episodes would have been more entertaining and captivating. And the use more classic villains/characters (Kingpin is not a classic for Spidey), would have caught more hardcore fans\' attention and interest. Why didnt they just throw in Doc Ock, Daredevil, Kraven the Hunter, Felicia Hardy/Blackcat, Sandman, Nick Fury, Mysterio, Vulture, Carnage and the whole motley crue? Maybe a few cameos by the X-Men? That\'s already a recipe for 3-5 seasons!
  • Good lord. What the hell is this?

3.6
    Ok. Let me first start off by saying I loved the mid 90's series. Was well made and decently animated. This new series is neither. From the odd cell shading to super sub par voice acting, this series is a giant flop in my mind. First and foremost. It would not matter where or on what channel you see this. You would automatically know it was made for MTV. From it's hippness to it's glaringly stupid Real World setting it screams Music Television. Electro being an angsty emo young adult just doesn't work. Add to the fact that almost all of the villians are small time stupid hack jobs it makes this series sink even deeper. Now back to the look. It's terrible. I know cell shading for a time there was super popular in games and such. But it just doesn't work in a Spiderman cartoon. Or really any cartoon for that matter. The original reason for cell shading was to make it look like a comic book or old school cartoon. This does neither. Everything looks glossy like it's all wrapped in Saran wrap. Animations are also terrible. It's as if the animators completely forgot that people are supposed to have fluid motion. The models in this show move stiffer than the claymation T-800 from The Terminator. Overall a severe and utter disapointment. When I first heard about this show I was really hoping it to be good. Leave it up to modern culture to ruin that idea and make a comic book icon into nothing more than mainstream drivel.
  • gay

spidermans super cool spinnin on his web but htis is crap wat the hell i mean thats dum i hate the animation too its stupid they should just quit making spiderman cartoons cuz spiderman was the coolest but no more hey the moveis are okay but there against my religion today

EROK