Spider-Man: The New Animated Series

The Party

Aired Unknown Jul 11, 2003 on MTV - Music Television

• Electro has always been a favorite of mine, so I liked this episode.

I haven't seen this episode in a while, so just try to bear with me.
    Plot: Max Dillon is shunned and embarassed at a party, so he runs out into a storm and is struck by lightning next to a "High Voltage" sign. It turns him into Electro, so he uses his powers to seek revenge on the people at the party, so it's up to Spider-Man to stop him.
    Originally, Max Dillon was a guy that worked on power lines, got struck by lightning in a storm while working on a power line, and became Electro. He comitted crimes in a green and yellow suit. But here, it's different, as I mentioned in the plot. I like how they made Electro's electric attacks look, but I think that he could have posed more of a threat. His new look is frightening, but I preferred the green and yellow Electro of the 90s cartoon. The action was good, and Spider-Man eventually won by trapping Electro in something(can't remember). There was one memorable quote that I liked:
    Spider-Man:(to Electro) Where were you when we had an energy crisis?
    So, I enjoyed the plot, the action(although it could have been better), the character development, especially in Max, and that one quote I mentioned.
    I felt sorry for Max, the poor kid. He was being pushed around by almost everybody.
    Okay, that's all. It could have been better, but I enjoyed it still.
    8.2/10.