Spider Riders Forums

TELETOON (ended 2007)

Q/A thread.

DragonSpawn2006

[1]Feb 17, 2007
    • level: 50

If you have any questions about the show post them here and hopefully someone can answer your question.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HunterSteele

[2]Feb 18, 2007
    • level: 2
    Hey, Spider Riders fans,

We wrote the books and produced the TV series, so feel free to ask any questions here. We won't be spoilers, but we will gladly answer background, character and production questions regarding "Spider Riders." Arachna Power!

sportsy-girl

[3]Feb 18, 2007
    • level: 4
    k ill be talkin here now mr editor. or we can use src3 lol so umm ya i did notice the beerain bugesse cople aww and that i think quake is hunters gradfather cuz he did just mysteriously disappear and what place better to go to huh?

HunterSteele

[4]Feb 18, 2007
    Quake is not Hunter's Grandfather, but he knew him. Quake does have a monster secret, though, and it will be revealed just as the Spider Riders face Mantid for the final showdown.

4numbah3

[6]Feb 22, 2007
    • level: 6

hi Hunter,

Quake has a big secert? umm i cant think of what it could be, maybe related 2 corona/ aqune proably... he did spent alot time with the two... in the eppy' s with Quake...

and cool, beerain amitts her feelings 2 buggies already, i wish hunter/ corona would that early, like beerain does... does he (buggies) hear her at all? even when it's almost to late or something?

i hope 4 other seasons, this show is the best one Teletoon has aired...

HunterSteele

[7]Feb 22, 2007
    Hi, 4numbah3, Won't spoil Quake surprise, but the writers like to make the Corona/Hunter pairing awkward and uncertain, like most young love is with humans. Must keep it alive and vibrant for possible additional seasons. The spark seems to go out of it if they are too committed. Soon, Beerain will have a loss of faith in Mantid and try to get Buguese to join her in this belief. Buguese then has to choose: Beerain's love, or loyalty to Mantid...a great conflict for the "seemingly" heartless Buguese. 4 more seasons? This cast can handle it, and I'd be thrilled. Thanks for the compliments. Wish you could tell Teletoon you think it's the best show they ever aired. Doubt they see these postings, buy maybe. I've told the studios involved to watch TV.com for the true feelings of our vieweres. Don't know if they login or not. Keep watching the show.

4numbah3

[8]Feb 23, 2007

hi hunter,

im not expecting a anwer 2 Quake's secert or at least not a direct one... as 4 hunter/ corona, well i know its surpose 2 b arkward... ur right, humans r that way. but if they were 2 admitted it, it may make them a little more vunerable 2 the invectives... trying 2 make sure the other one didnt get killed, instead of worrying 2 win the battle, 2 save the inner world and themselfs from defeat. something simlar 2 the book, but not exact... example from the book 3... sklar the soul eater, has corona and makes a deal with hunter 2 give the gems 4 corora's life... those gems r the inner world's life, right?

thanks 4 the buggies explantion... i think i did tell teletoon that, it's the best show they have aired... i write 2 them alot... i haven't in a month or 2, though... it hate how they change their site, it bites... while on the subject of sites... who the heck is responable 4 the spiderriders.com web site, because the questionaire and viedo's clips, r repeats. there r no new ones... i like 2 c new ones... they have been there since the show/ web site has been there...

Marie

4numbah3

[9]Feb 23, 2007

hi, again... i missed something u wrote... so here it is... u dont have 2 be a member 2 read the posts, only write a post u have 2 b...

HunterSteele

[10]Feb 23, 2007
    Not involved in website construction. They may be waiting to see how show catches on in U.S. before updating. Thrilled to know you're reading the books. I'm hoping that if there is a second season they will use the Soul Eater angle, but we don't know yet. It's really up to the Japanese writers what storyline they'll take. I think they've done a great job in the first season.

4numbah3

[11]Feb 24, 2007

i c... yeah they done a awesome job season 1...

4numbah3

[12]Feb 24, 2007

hey, im trying 2 play the new game... well the arachna city one after i got 2 level 3 or 4 i could do that, right? its taking 4ever 2 load....

4numbah3

[13]Feb 24, 2007

hi, that Spider Riders game awesome, but 2 hard 4 me... lol. im not much of a video/ cpu game person... hmmm... what up with venus/ shadow?

Soaker87

[14]Feb 25, 2007

Sorry, I'm new here, but being able to question a creator is too good to pass up.

This'll probably sound like a strange question, but I'm curious as to why you chose to change many things from the original spoiler page: http://www.teletoon.com/corp/media/docs/Spider_Riders_en.htm

More specifically, why did you change a lot of things concerning the relationship between Buguese and Aqune? It was very interesting to see that Buguese was actually concerned about Aqune's well being, and had actually saved her when she was younger and then from Mantid towards the end, according to this site. Even in the earlier episodes, there were some things regarding their relationship (and I don't necessarily mean it in a romantic way, but in an "aww... cute. He cares about her" way) that seem to have been completely forgotten, especially after the plot concerning Beerain's love for Buguese, such as the Buguese/Aqune hug scene in episode twelve, their talk in episode 23 (which was completely changed in the dub, but I can forgive that,) Buguese smiling at Aqune in episode 8 and referring to her as "my beautiful" in the dub, Buguese carrying her in episodes 13 and 26, and even in 31, when he seemed quite concerned after Aqune was pulled into Quake/Brade's paradise.

Granted, my intrigue about their relationship helped me become interested in the type of anime I wouldn't normally watch, so I'm sad to hear that it was forgotten/changed. 

Edited on 02/25/2007 6:43pm

4numbah3

[15]Feb 26, 2007

hi soaker,

actually buggies is like a father 2 her (aqune)... im not disapointed in the beerain/ buggie's thing... more suitable for the the him ways then aqune is, because she A way 2 young and B, a human... by the way i think it's nice to talk to/ meet the creator 2... im usally not on this site, hardly... but since his here im am...

4numbah3

[16]Feb 26, 2007

hi hunter,

anything on the go with spider shadow/ venus, like hunter/ corona & beerain/ buggies? im just curious... i read on winpik there was... can u clearify that 4 me? please... thanks... the eppy "cant fly" or called something like that, anyhow, was really, really great... i really enjoyed that eppy... i cant wait 2 c it again saturday with a new one sunday 2...

gotta jet b on 2morrow, hopefully... bye 4 now

please reply, thanks again...

HunterSteele

[17]Feb 26, 2007
    Hmmmm. Do you speak and understand Japanese, Soaker? You are absolutely right that we made Buguese much less sympathetic in ep. 23 "Dark World" and several other moments in the series because we felt it made important later surprises regarding the Buguese/Aqune relationship have much less impact. When you see what he does in episode 49, I think you'll understand why we went that route. Regarding Buguese rescuing Aqune when she was young, that is still very much in the series, though I can't recall exactly which episode right now. Perhaps it hasn't aired yet. It's very interesting to meet someone who can watch both the Japanese and the English versions with clarity. Please continue to watch and comment. It may have some effect on how we treat a second season, should we be lucky enough to have one ordered by the broadcasters.

HunterSteele

[18]Feb 26, 2007
    Hey, Marie: Yes, Buguese and Aqune are more like a daughter with a very strict and sinister father. Regarding Shadow and Venus, they are an item, but we really haven't stressed it too much, yet. Hope this helps. Can any of you guys tell me the number or title of the latest episode to air in Canada? You might think I would know that, but I've been monitoring the WB episodes in the U.S. since January 20 and Teletoon doesn't report to me what they are airing and what they are holding back for a big finale. I also have no access to which eps Japan has aired, except what shows up on YouTube. Perhaps Soaker can bring me up to speed on that. Thanks.

Soaker87

[19]Feb 27, 2007

Thanks for the response. Yes, I do speak some Japanese. I speak English natively and I'm still learning the language, but I have noticed several differences between the versions. With some things I understand why they were changed right away, but I never got why that part in episode 23 changed, and admittedly was rather overwhellmed when I first saw it in English. I understand your reasoning now.

Looking forward to seeing Aqune's backstory and whatever you have planned for episode 49.

By the way, episodes 1-26 aired in Japan. Then it stopped for a while due to low ratings, but it's re-airing now and the rest will continue in April. I wonder what the second OP will be like. I heard somewhere that the seiyuu for Corona might be performing it.

Edited on 02/27/2007 3:36am

4numbah3

[20]Feb 27, 2007

hi hunter,

the last eppy that aired is called something like this, cant remember it fully of what is called, but i think its called "i cant fly". its where Aqune fights Beerain and calls her a traitior. the Orcale saves Beerain from being killed by Aqune, by Aqune's mancle... Aqune asks the Orcale y did she abanned her, or is it her (Aqune) who abanned the the Orcale. Its also has two verions of Corona in a bubble around her. the loving, romantic side of her, then the spider rider, Orcale hand maided side of her... u know what eppy im talking about? i cant wait 4 this sunday's, the last one was perfect... i lost track of eppy #... thanks 4 last msg...