SpongeBob SquarePants

A Day Without Tears / Summer Job

Aired Weekdays 5:30 PM Mar 22, 2010 on Nickelodeon

• Good start for a week of brand new SpongeBobs

I thought that this episode was good but the plot to this episode could have been better. I thought SpongeBob crying at the beginning of this episode was annoying. This episode had a few funny moments such as when Squidward wrote "43" as the amount of times Spongebob cried on the chalkboard and then Spongebob said "you wrote that on a chalkboard", Squidward "yeah", SpongeBob said "why?" and then Squidward said "I have no idea", when SpongeBob was crying after he won the bet and he's flooding the streets of Bikini Bottom, and it was funny when Squidward was crying because he had a sleepover with SpongeBob. Those were the funny parts but now I'm getting to the problems I had with this episode, I didn't like it when Squidward showed SpongeBob flashbacks on a clip and instead of flashbacks from past episodes of SpongeBob, it's just SpongeBob crying from location to location to location and so on, I really didn't like it when Squidward tried to make SpongeBob cry so that Squidward could win. Also, it was funny that SpongeBob and Squidward were watching television and then Spongebob destroys the television because he was almost gonna cry. good episode of SpongeBob but not my favorite. 8/10
  • A very amusing plot.

At work one day, SpongeBob cries again over something ridiculous. Squidward tells SpongeBob that he cries too much. SpongeBob says he doesn't, but then Squidward shows him a video of how much he cries. Squidward then challenges SpongeBob to not cry for the rest of the day, and that if he fails then he has to not talk to him for a year. SpongeBob agrees, and tells Squidward that if he wins then he has to have a slumber party with him. Squid agrees to the bet. At SpongeBob's house, Squidward does many things to make SpongeBob cry, including telling SpongeBob about his parents writing to him, and watching about a cat being stuck in a tree for example, but they're all happily resolved. Then, Squidward tells Spongebob a bedtime story that involves a sad barnacle getting lost from all his other barnacle friends. This comes very close to making Spongebob cry, however he holds it in and then it's midnight! Spongebob wins! SpongeBob then lets out all of is tears, and as they go to sleep, Squidward cries.

10 out of 10

• Pretty Decent Episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was the first episode in the preimere week. It wasn't as good as One Coarse Meal or The Play's The Thing, but it had funny moments spreaded throughout, enough to keep the viewer entertained. It starts off with Spongebob crying when everything goes wrong i his day. When Squidward is finally fed up with the contast crying, he makes a bet with Spongebob that he can't cry for the rest of the day. There are many funny parts such as the many clips that Squidward put together of Spongebob crying. And all the things that Squidward used to try to make Spongebob cry. Overall, this is a surprisingly decent episode.

Overall grade:B+/85%
  • Very good, but it needs a hint of good humor, aw well.

And so, did you guys think this would be a counterpart of Funny Pants, which involves a lot of crying? Watch this episode and you'll all be surprised. Squidward is annoyed by how tearful Spongebob can be easily. At the Krusty Krab, Squidward convinces Spongebob how much he cried over the past, and today. Squidward bets Spongebob can't go a day without tears. Spongebob makes a deal, and if Spongebob wins: Squidward will sleep over with him, Squidward: Spongebob has to do Squidward's work around his house/yard for a year. After many attempts Squidward tried to make Spongebob weep, he brings out the big guns by telling Spongebob a story about an angler who got lost(apparently looking at pages from Jack and Jill, lolz). Squidward's made up story tries to give Spongebob an urge to cry, but he failed when it reached midnight. Spongebob floods with tears after Squidward tells him he won and at the end, the deal was made. Maybe next time Squidward. This episode was remarkable, but if you hate it because of Spongebob's tears and junk, you're a noob.

C+
  • Huh, sounds okay

• Very Funny Episode; One of the best in years

In this episode, Squidward points out to Spongebob how much he cries over ridiculousw stuff, and then challenges Spongebob not cry, and if he loses he'll be forced to not talk to Squidward for a while, however if Spongebob wins, then Squidward will have to join a slumber party with Spongebob and Patrick. Squidward does many things to get Spongebob to cry, but they don't seem to work. I have to admit I was suprised with the quality of this episode, and it's certainly gotten me optimistic about newer episodes of my favorite sponge. Overall, a great episode, worth watching. 8.5/10 B+
  • Bad plot, ok episode.

Tell ya the truth, this episode has "writers block" written all over it. It's a pretty dumb plot and most definitely very unnecessary, but ok, once again, they (sorta) made a bad plot work because the episode as a whole wasn't bad, it did get a bit stale and predictable, but it has its moments. I liked Squidward on it, liked seeing SpongeBob and him making a bet, Patrick's cameos were funny too, but goodness gracious, SpongeBob's crying was annoying, because it was obviously more persistent and frequent than usual, at least at the beginning, or, well, just count how many times he stopped himself from crying. I give this episode a 7.9 because they didn't need to make an opposite of "Funny Pants" @_@
  • Funny!

This was a great episode to have around to be watching. I liked when spongebob's hoover dam parody got cracked and exploded full of tears, and spongebob got so big he cried to fill bikini bottom! This is one of my favorite episodes in my life. It got me laughing so much i almost cried like Spongebob. It was also very funny when spongebob happily went away after the sunset! Before i saw the episode, I wondered what it would be about, then i found out what it was about and i was so excited i could hardly wait to see the episode, but now I did.
  • Nice episode!

So, SpongeBob has to stop crying for the rest of the day, ha! I didn't think he could do it at first but he did! And Squidward had to have a sleepover with him! This is a great episode. Although I don't think SpongeBob cries THAT much on a regular basis. He just cried extra for this particular episode. This episode had some good funny moments and I really liked it. Not the best in this premiere week, but most certainly not the worst. I liked this episode, and I think it deserves an 8.5 out of 10. Great episode!
  • It was a refreshingly funny episode.

I enjoyed A Day without Tears. I had no expectations since I had seen no hype for it. I really felt for Spongey when he stubbed his toe! Ouch! We've all done that before. He seemed determine to have a sad day and continued to cry at the littlest things. The reference to Lionel Richie was very funny....younger views may not have understood the humor in that. I loved the Bobbers expressions throughout the whole episode. When Squiddy said he threw up a little in his mouth, I was expecting that, but it was still funny! Overall, I enjoyed the more mature humor in the episode. I feel all grown up now!
  • This was a surprisingly good episode.

When I first heard about the plot for this episode, I thought it was going to be a terrible rip-off of Funny Pants, but it wasn't. In a way, it did copy the plot, but it still turned out to be a pretty good episode. The idea of Squidward and Spongebob betting on something was an interesting concept, and this episode also had quite a few funny moments, like the conversation Squid and Sponge had about the krabby patty that fell on the floor, Spongebob wondering why Squidward had written the number of times he cried on a chalkboard, and the news casts. It didn't have a really good ending, however. I felt kind of sorry for Squidward, and Spongebob's crying near the beginning did get a little annoying. Overall, this turned out to be a good episode,despite the fact that the plot lacked originality and there were a couple of bad parts. Marebear2009, out!
  • i saw this episode already it was on spongebob . com

this was a great episode i was so lucky i saw the entire thing on spongebob.com it was funny and clevery plotted but one thing ruined the score and that is the ending when spongebob;s door of tears breakes and he cries anyway that was not so cool but the rest of the episode was great funny and very well made and i liked it this was a great episode to put on spongebob.com before it aired i loved it it was a great episode i give it an 8.0/10 B+ note i wrote a review on this episode before but then something weird happened so i had to restart this review kingnicky1 out