SpongeBob SquarePants

A Pal for Gary / Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Jan 02, 2010 on Nickelodeon

7.2
  • Neither of these episodes were really great, but I liked A Pal For Gary a lot more than Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful.

First, let me say that I hardly liked Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful...at all. It really wasn't worth it to get out of bed at 8:15 to see this episode. I thought it was very unfair to Squidward, even though Squidward is usually very unlucky, so it doesn't normally bother me. I just thought this episode was taking it a little too far. I also thought it was disgusting how we had to see garbage covering everything through the whole entire episode, and there was barely even anything funny about it. The only parts I liked were when Spongebob was hiding in the garbage and when Squilliam's statue melted. Oh, by the way, I also did like that we got to see him again for the first time in a while. Overall, though, I didn't like this episode at all even though it had a couple mildly humorous moments. Now, onto the latter episode. I thought it was much better, but it certainly wasn't one of the best episodes of season 7 I've seen so far. I loved Gary's performance near the beginning when he wore the cowboy hat on his shell and laughed at the TV. I also liked how SpongeBob started to care about Gary being home alone while he was at work. However, when Puffy Fluffy came into the picture, it kinda went downhill. I didn't like how he kept growling at Gary, and I hated how clueless Spongebob was about Puffy Fluffy's behavior and how he blamed all the destruction on Gary. It did have a funny ending, however. So overall, this was a pretty good episode, but it could've been better. All in all,though, these episodes weren't very good, but the second one was way better than the first. Marebear2009, out!