SpongeBob SquarePants

As Seen on TV / Can You Spare a Dime?

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Mar 08, 2002 on Nickelodeon

• Two of the most awesome, classic episodes of the talking sponge.

These were both awesome and two of my all time favorites. In As Seen On TV, Spongebob stars in the Krusty Krab commercial and then runs into an old man on his way to work that tells him he saw him on TV in a commercial. He gets all excited, but turns out it wasn't him that he saw. He saw a yellow cereal box called Bran Flakes. Spongebob didn't know that though. "See you later Bran Flakes. What a nice cereal box." LOL THAT'S SO FUNNY! CEREAL BOXES DON'T TALK YOU IDIOT! YOU OLD COOT! Spongebob then becomes too optimistic and acts silly and unusual at work like he is a famous show performer when he overhears two guys in the bathroom talking about who he thought was himself being a success if he were to come out with a solo record, but who was actually a different person who one of the guys saw on a TV show the night before. Spongebob then causes trouble for the customers who are hungry and want their food but Spongebob won't give it to them and instead puts on a show for them. Can You Spare A Dime? has Mr. Krabs accusing Squidward of stealing his dime which provokes Squidward to quit his job at the Krusty Krab. His life then falls apart and he stays to live with Spongebob at his house, until he becomes a pain and Spongebob explodes and lets it all out on Mr. Krabs to give Squidward his job back. It was just so freaking hilarious to see how Spongebob was so mad at Mr. Krabs at the end and the way he grabbed him and yelled at him. His eyes were popping out and Mr. Krabs shook in Spongebob's hands until his "dime" came out of his pants. This is a dime? LOL. I laughed so hard when Spongebob shook Mr. Krabs and yelled at him, and I also laughed so hard when Spongebob breaks through the TV and explodes at Squidward for wanting him to fix his TV for him after driving him up the walls from other things like eating soup, drinking lemonade, and reading a newspaper. It showed off his steam in a funny way. The TV show that Spongebob put on for Squidward before he broke through it was hilarious. It was a puppet show that tried to teach Squidward to get a job. The things he said. LOL. Oh Spongebob. Yes. Old episodes rock. He acts normal unlike the stupid new episodes. I thought that these two episodes were two of the better ones. Probably my favorite two episodes ever. It was interesting and exciting to see what would happen, and they were both well and creatively written. Out of all the episodes, these seemed to be one of the two that went with each other best. For some reason they seem like the perfect combination. If one of them was to be put in with a different one, it just wouldn't work. I know it sounds weird, but it's true. I feel that way with most episodes in this show.