SpongeBob SquarePants

Best Day Ever

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Nov 10, 2006 on Nickelodeon

6.2
  • Overhyped episode is overhyped:need I say more?

Quote:" This was supposed to be my perfect day, but everything-sit down! Then everything turned to doo-doo. "-Spongebob Squarepants

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The review title I wrote pretty much describes this abomination. The abundance of commercials made it

look like the best episode ever. I'm not kidding when I say there was A WHOLE TOP 100 BEST

SPONGEBOB EPISODES leading up to this! Okay,Spongebob tries to make his day the best day ever,

but all his plans get interrupted by his friend's problems. Spongebob is miserable and then he

remembers Squidward's concert. Next we go through a few minutes of Spongebob trying to break in the

concert building and getting thwarted by the guard. Then the guard sees Spongebob is on the .

list and he lets him in. Then the concert ends and Spongebob goes on a mad speech. But he

actually helped his friends,and so he gets a concert for himself with that terrible song this episode

is based on. THAT is what they call a special. And rather than making this special 22 minutes,the

writers decided to make this only 11 minutes! Actually,I'm pretty glad it was this short. I didn't have to

watch more than I did!
  • Best Episode Ever

This is my favorite episode of Spongebob. I like the jokes and the song. It is a really good epissode.
  • More like WORST EPISODE ever!

This is one of the VERY WORST SpongeBob episodes EVER! I give it a solid 0/10. And no, I am NOT gonna bother to add points for the theme song. Wanna know why? Because it was actually written for the soundtrack of THE MOVIE! They then got the idea to make an episode about it, and that's when they made THIS! They even made it look like it was going to be something EPIC, a special episode/two parter, but NO! We get THIS! But perhaps worst of all, this episode airs with an EVEN WORSE one called The Gift of Gum. GROSS AND STUPID, just like Little Yellow Book with Patrick putting ketup on a dipper!

UPDATE ON FEBRUARY 2 (originally posted last year on July 18): Nick has an upcoming show called Breadwinners that airs in 20 days. Today I found the pilot on YouTube and showed it to my family. EVERYONE HATED IT! They all said it was the worst thing they'd seen in their lives. And that includes The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure (2012), Spider's Web: A Pig's Tale (2006), and Rabbids Invasion. So I won't be surprised when Breadwinners gets a 1.9 just like Marvin Marvin here at and Spider's Web: A Pig's Tale at IMDb. My Aunt said I should rate it as low as possible just to get the score down. Unfortunately, the lowest one can rate is 1, unless you are a prolific author. I have been working on that for months (6 plus months), so I can rate stuff like Marvin Marvin, Fred: The Show, and The Oogieloves a 0.0. Breadwinners is next on my "to rate 0.0 once I can" list.

UPDATE ON FEBRUARY 18: Breadwinners premiered yesterday. I have reviewed it. It's bad but not as bad as Sanjay and Craig.
  • Bad and Boring Episode!

Nickelodeon calls this Special?! The Whole Episode was about Spongebob not getting what he want. And then Spongebob and his (STUPID) Friends are doing a Stupid Concert with Him because Spongebob helped them with Things! And then we a Horrible Song! What a Very Bad and Boring Episode!
  • The song is the only reason to watch.

5.5
    Best Day Ever: The song is pretty good. Perhaps, it's the only reason for watching this episode. Every thing else seems like filler. 5.5/10

• The episode ruined the song.

I have the entire Best Day Ever: Extended Edition album, I listen to it every day, and I love it. However, the way this episode went really made me dislike the whole thing for a while afterwards. This episode is just a bunch of random scenes and situations, which just show up out of the blue, don't add anything to the episode, and make it longer and more boring. The fact that they managed to make an episode out of the song confused me, and the fact that they managed to pull it off without the media hating on it, even more so. Because believe me, I hated it. I'm sure the rest of you hate it, judging by the amount of 1.0 ratings I've seen for this.

A very bad episode from a supposedly very good Season 5. Props to you writers. You've screwed up SpongeBob.
  • Best Day Ever, I think it should be Worst Episode Ever!

Season 4 was an ok season, it wasn't as good as Seasons 1-3 but this episode turned me off on watching Spongebob! I mean what's the point of this episode? It's pretty much just showing Spongebob's day in song. Yes, i know he is an optimistic sponge, but this went to far!
  • A good song, but the episode isn't the best.

First, here is the good parts of the episode. I really liked the song Spongebob sang. It was good, but the episode doesn't have the best plot-line. It also lacked some humor. All Spongebob does is ruin everything, and wants to have a best day ever. Not the best, which explains why this episode has 6.2/10 on average. However, there were some funny parts. Example: when Spongebob put the nematodes to sleep, not getting to play with the jelly fish net, and breaking in the concert. It wasn't even so original. Overall, not the worst, but I've seen way better of this series. Overall, a 6.5/10. It isn't as bad people say it is.
  • Best Day Ever? More like Worst Day Ever!!!

This episode was on those Spongebob Specials that was nothing more ratings trap.

Nickelodeon advertise this like it was going to be one of Spongebob's best episodes ever with an entire 100 episode marathon leading up to it. However, instead of a clever, worth wile fiesta we expected from the old writers, Best Day Ever turned out to be a series of bland and unfortunate events that feels about as occurred as the episode Waiting.

Though Spongebob randomly decides to make this particular day his best day ever, nothing on his agenda seems to work out in his favor. The most comedy we get out of this episode is the scene where Spongebob tries to break into Squidward's clarinet concert. Is it at least funny? Not really. It's about as generic as Mikey Mouse Cartoon that sucks.

When Spongebob finally does get inside, we see the concert end as soon as he sits down. Which causes him to just like in Waiting, get his panties in a twist.

But because Spongebob accidentaly helped his friends during his selfish pursuit, they all decide to do something nice for him. Leading up to a pathetic song number that kicked off this so called "special"

Spongebob: It's the best day ever! (Best Day Ever!)

Spongebob: It's the best day ever! (Best Day Ever!)

*sigh*

As cheesy as this sounds, Best Day Ever, is one of the Worst Episodes Ever.

It's one of the Worst Episodes Ever! (Worst Episodes Ever!)

It's one of the Worst Episodes Ever! (Worst Episodes Ever!)
  • SpongeBob want to has his best day ever

This episode is really underrated but I didn't really enjoyed it that much. Like the users were saying, this episode wasn't that good and I didn't laughed that much here. I only laughed at SpongeBob making the Best Day Ever tune which made the neatoads (?) asleep, SpongeBob at Sandy's tree dome, Patrick kept breaking SpongeBob's net, and SpongeBob trying to get to the concert. My biggest flaw was the lack of humor and it wasn;t really the best storyline. it got better when SpongeBob sang the Best Day Ever song from earlier. Overall, a very underrated episode...this pattern is similar to Atlantis SquarePantis. 6/10
  • If I knew that a 24 hour marathon of Spongebob was leading up to this pitiful mess, I would have spent those 24 hours writing a better episode special of Spongebob than what the writers came up with

This was really a disappointment in more ways than one. Spongebob Squarepants Best Day Ever turned out to be not only a letdown, but a big waste of time for everyone out there. Nickelodeon constantly hyped this episode up as one of the best episodes of Spongebob ever, and to celebrate they had a 24 hour marathon. I never saw the full marathon but I decided to see this episode anyway to see it, and it was truly disappointing. The episode is about Spongebob having his best day ever like working at the Krusty Krab, karate with Sandy, playing with Patrick, and seeing Squidward's clarinet recital. Now the problem is this though, Spongebob does this all the time. He always goes to work, plays with Patrick, Karate with Sandy, and see Squidward. So what makes this day so special at all? It's just Spongebob's daily routine, but it's somehow special and never explained at all. The song is just terrible. I didn't mind the sing the first few times, but it kept going again and again that will cause you to mute the TV or jam an ice pick through your ears. To top it all off, the episode is only 11 MINUTES LONG! Are you really serious Nick? You hyped this one episode up and this is the reward to those who love Spongebob? An 11 minute episode only? This was just not only a big fat letdown on all levels, but a waste of time for everyone. I feel sorry for those who wasted 24 hours just to see a pitiful and appalling episode, and whoever came up with this needs to be fired.
  • It's the worst day, ever! (Worst day ever)! A marathon just for this! It's such a waste of precious time that I wanted to lay down and die (the fact that I was sick didn't help).

0.5

I wasted a lot of my time and health waiting in anticipation for this episode. I was sadly dissapointed in this episode.

The so-called "Best Day Ever", is pretty much the same day as any other, so why make it a musical?

And when Spongebob doesn't get the day he wanted, he is naturally upset. But here, it is just annoying.

Overall, a waste of time, and definately a must "miss" episode.

• I don't understand why Nick would have a 24-hour marathon just for one brand new 11-minute episode of Spongebob SquarePants but it was worth it. "Best Day Ever" is one of my favorite SpongeBob SquarePants episodes in my opinion.

I was really hoping that this 11-minute episode would be at least 30 minutes. If they were gonna have a 24-hour marathon of SpongeBob SquarePants, they could at least have two brand new 11-minute episodes instead of one 11-minute episode. Despite the 24-hour wait for an 11-minute episode, this episode was excellent. I loved the song "Best Day Ever" that SpongeBob sang. I thought it was funny when Patrick kept breaking his net and asks SpongeBob if he can borrow his net. It was also cool that the nemotodes returned because the last time they showed them, they were in "Home Sweet Pineapple". I thought SpongeBob pulling out his tooth just to fix Squidward's clarinet was funny and then SpongeBob slapped Squidward. It was also hilarious when SpongeBob was on stage, he yelled to the man "SIT DOWN". I felt bad for SpongeBob because he is missing out on the good things that could have been his best day ever. It was nice that Patrick, Squidward, Mr. Krabs, and Sandy made it up to SpongeBob by singing the song "Best Day Ever" in the auditiorium. Overall, this was a perfect episode of SpongeBob SquarePants and it's one of my favorites. 10/10
  • I'm not going to say it is horrible like everyone else, it was pretty bad, but it was watchable in my opinion.

SpongeBob is going to have the best day ever. First he gets to work at the Krusty Krab. Then he is going to meet Sandy for a little Ka-Ra-Tay, followed by jellyfishing with Pat, and Squidward's clarinet recital. But the day does not go exactly as planned. Each of his friends is having a problem which SpongeBob naturally sets out to solve. But this costs him every item on his perfect agenda. When a disappointed SpongeBob realizes that his entire day has been sacrificed, his friends rally around him to give their thanks and make sure his day really is the best ever.

6.5 out of 10

• It's the Worst Day Eveeeer!~

Sometime in 2006 (I believe), Nick ran a 24-hour SpongeBob marathon and they promoted this episode like crazy. After watching the Top 100 countdown, along with the SpongeBob movie, this airs. And what do we get? Just a standard 11-minute episode! ...Wait, what?
    Nick got us all hyped for THIS?!?

To start with (aside for the short length), the plot is terrible. SpongeBob wants to have his best day ever by doing the things he already does normally; he wants to work at the Krusty Krab, karate-chop with Sandy, go jellyfishing with Patrick and lastly go to Squidward's clarinet concert. The fast-pacing of the episode makes things worse.

Next up, the characters are OOC. Patrick's more stupid, Sandy's more angrier and Squidward's good at playing the clarinet when he isn't supposed to be.

Also, the song itself. It was a song featured in the credits of the SpongeBob movie. You can see from a mile away that this was a bad idea. No offence, I kinda like it, but it wasn't a good move to base an entire episode off a song.

The ending generally annoyed me. It's just SpongeBob singing the same song from the beginning AGAIN. Also, Mr Krabs was a right jerk during that scene, shouting to SpongeBob saying he wasn't going to pay for the damage.

All in all, this episode was a huge waste of time. Nick trolled the entire SpongeBob fandom with this. This episode also made me realise something was MAJORLY wrong with SpongeBob in general. Final score: 2/10.
  • Hours of watching TV, wasted.

My God. This was what we were waiting for?! All those episodes of Spongebob, for this barely-even-11-minute piece of singing crap?! The 'plot' was simple: Spongebob wants to spend his 'best day ever' doing the stuff he's been doing since 1999, except useless 'conflict' gets in the way, and the show has brighter animation. Aaaaaaaaaand he sings. He sings all the way through it, and therefore gets his day at last, singing the same song he sang at the beginning over and over again until even the characters get sick of it, but they don't seem to stop him at all because they don't want to break his happy annoying spirit. What?! I watched hours of Spongebob for this? Yes, you wasted braincells watching this, when you could have watched something else instead...
  • Nick made a 24 hour marathon for just an 11 minute episode?!

3.5
    How could you,Nick? You hyped everyone for this piece of junk? Well,looks like the beginning of the downfall of Spongebob specials start right here. It starts off with a musical number with Spongebob explaining his best day ever. I don't understand why he thinks working,jellyfishing and karate is the best day ever when he does this all the time. However,the others are having trouble. The Krusty Krab is infected with nematoads,Sandy has a leek in the roof,and Patrick broke his net. And what's really annoying is that he doesn't realize how long he is taking with Spongebob's net. So it's off to Squidward's concert,and after hilrailous attempts to get in the concert,he makes it because he didn't even tell the guard his name. But then,the concert ends. And I thought it was funny when Spongebob yelled at the guy. However,his friends give him a musical number that takes forever and was hilrailous by Mr Krab's complaints of the budget and Patrick insulting Squidward's clarinet playing,and that was it. I am not kidding,that was the entire episode. Are you kidding me,Nick? You hyped us for only a 11 minute episode? How dare you guys do that to us. Overall,despite the fact that it had a few funny moments,it was just a waste of time.
  • An episode based off a song? not a good idea.

This episode was pretty bad. I mean, the end part where Spongebob told the guy to sit down and the end play was pretty good. But the rest was awful. I don't even see why this would be The Best Day Ever. It's pretty much the same things he does every day. Frycooking, jellyfishing and doing karate. Those aren't anything thing special. The only thing that was different was the clarinet recital. Everybody was being a jerk in this episode too. So I don't reccemond this episode to any fans. I give this episode a D+/C- Number grade is 55%
  • I get the point.

They made us wait for this?Man Nickelodeon,you could be stupid for doing this.This episode is not pretty bad,but I kind of agree with the others.Spongebob just wanted to have a nice day,but the others ruined it.Patrick ruined everything.He was so stupid of breaking his net and wastes his time using Spongebob's net.Patrick can be an idiot sometimes.Another thing that angers others is that this wasen't even an 26 minuate episode.Oh come on,first Where's Gary,then Dunges and Dragons and all of the other things that were a big fat lie.All what Spongebob wanted was the best day ever,which was ruined by a lot of things.It was Patrick's fault about the jellyfishing thing.Stupid scene,but this episode is not the best.
  • This is not the best day ever!

4.8
    Last June 2, 2007, I watched 23 SpongeBob episodes from 12 pm to 6 pm. And at 6, I saw Best Day Ever and Gift of Gum. I was really dissapointed when I saw this episode. I thought it will really be SpongeBob's best day ever. But it turend out to be his worst day ever which has not improved until evening came. I was very disappionted thAT the Krusty Krab was condmned. The rest of Season 4 was okay, passing, and decent but this one ruined season 4. And not only that, starting with this episode, SpongeBob has gone downhill.

Grade: 48% F
  • It's the Best Day Ever!

Best Day Ever: SpongeBob has a great day planned. First, he was going to go to the Krusy Krab to have a spectacular day behing the grill. Then he was going to karate chop with Sandy. After that Patrick was going to go jellyfishing with him. Then, for the grand finale, Squidward was going to play a concert. But the Krusty Krab was infested by nematodes. Then SpongeBob discovered Sandy had a leek in her treedome. After that, Patrick was found at jellyfish fields with a broken net. So SpongeBob let Patrick use his, but SpongeBob never got a chance to jellyfish. Then, SpongeBob didn't get into the place of the concert until the end of the concert, forgetting he had a reservation. But then, SpongeBob throws the biggest concert ever!
  • One of the worst Spongebob episodes of all time...

Ok, I got to say this episode was one of the most worst and disapointing episodes for Spongebob of all time. For one, they advertised this crap for weeks, plus a 24+ hour marathon. Plus the Best Day Ever SOUNDTRACK. And guess what. It was only a 11 minute episode for all that hype.The characters in this episode are messed up. Squidward is acutally really nice to Spongebob, Patrick is TOO STUPID in this episode, ect. Mr. Krabs kept making refrences in the end of the episode such as "If you break that, I'm not paying for it!" The joke got really repeative. I didn't even think Spongebob acted like himself. That best day ever song is so f***ing annoying as well. It seemed like Nick was going for a ages 3-5 humor in this episode. The jokes were pathetic completley. Final Grade: F-
  • Uhhh, definitely not my best day ever. Bad writing, bad bad bad.

This must have been one of the most hyped episodes ever, also contributing to one of the biggest let-downs on the show. And don't get me wrong, the episode is, eh, cute, but the reason why I give it this rating is for how poorly it was written, it feels as if a 5-year old wrote this episode, I mean, it's obvious that the idea of making this episode came from the song, and the song doesn't really says much (I do like it, though) and the ideas of making SpongeBob's best day ever was getting SpongeBob to do, or wanting to do, his favorite things, but...ugh, they get payed for coming up with original things, they could have just tried harder, in my opinion. But every episode has it's ups too, like I said, it was a cute episode, ya know, like "Handy Manny" kind of cute. Angry SpongeBob was funny, the song adaptation was nice, the ending was ok, funny too. Overall, just average, final grade: C+
  • Not Good

1.5
    This episode had really terrible writing, it could be rewritten. There were no jokes in this episode, or if there was they were all terrible except for the part where Spongebob tryed to get into Squidward's concert. Spongebob's hoping to have his best day ever in this episode but can't because things get in the way, like nematoads invaid the Krusty Krab and Patrick breaks his net so, Spongebob lets him use his. Also this episode was waaaaaaay to short. This is one of the abominations of Spongebob, even though "The Best Day Ever" song is really good. One last thing, I though Squidward was terrible at the clarinet! Why would people cheer at his concert or even be at his concert?!
  • Medicore special

5.5
    In 2006 there was a marathon called best day ever which was about spongebobs top 100 episodes and a new episode called the best day ever. With allthe hype its getting you think this will be a great fantastic marathon and an awsome episode,well guess again.The marathon was kinda bad as most of the top episodes were from the current season aka season 4 instead of the best episodes.Luckly 3 years later the list was better but this one was medicore. And for the episode itself was bad.We waited like along time for a awsome 30 minute special/movie but what do we get? A dumb rushed up 11 min. episode.Im not going to spoil this but compared to other episodes this is trash.
  • Yikes, this is pretty bad!

Now, this isn't the worst episode ever, there are worse. But this episode had SO much hype to go into it, and it was a terrible 11-minute episode. There was a HUGE marathon to lead up to nothing. Biggest letdown EVER. It was a really dumb episode, the song just shouldn't have been made into an episode. I just can't believe they considered this a special. I'm pretty disappointed by the writers of SpongeBob for doing terrible on something that could have been an awesome 30 minute special. They had oppirtunities to have some funny jokes that they just passed up. Well, really bad.
  • i loved this episode why do you hate it

there was so many things i thought were good in this episode first of all i loved the song in the episode it was awesome it had a cool beat to it too i also loved the mr.krabs sandy and squidward cutscenes well anyway those were very funny custscenes because they give me the good ol days of spongebob this was defindly an episode that made a good comeback for season 4 even though i hate season 4 of spongebob i forgot to mention that in my review of this show well anyway thank you for reading this review and i hope you have a good day oops i almost forgot i give this episode a 10/10 A+
  • Eh, good. The song was pretty bad though.

OK, this episode is good, but I just don't like the song. Especially when Spongebob says "Ever" because he is too loud and I just don't like how when he says the R in "Ever" he doesn't quiet until the other singers say "Best, Day, Ever". I liked the plot. Spongebob singing his horrible song, then running into problems with his events. The Krusty Krab under attack, Sandy's treedome leaking, Patrick breaking his jellyfish net, and Spongebob not having a ticket to the concert. I loved it. I loved Spongebob's failed attempts at getting in the concert. I just gotta give it a 7 because of the horrible song. Final Grade: C (73%)
  • Seriously, it should have just stayed as a song, and not an episode.

This is the worst episode ever for SpongeBob and was a total letdown.
    First, they advertise on this episode. They even had a 24-hour long marathon for this episode. And on airing night, it was a DISASTER. It was so short (10 minutes) that is sucked.

First off, SpongeBob wakes up and sings that it will be "the best day ever". That best day ever is actually what he normally does (jellyfishing, working at The Krusty Krab, karate chopping with Sandy). The only addition is Squidward's concert. Why did Squidward have his own concert? He's not even good at his clarinet! It starts off that he goes off to the Krusty Krab to go to work but the nematodes from "Home Sweet Pineapple" have invaded the restaurant. So, Mr. Krabs can't get into the restaurant. And then, SpongeBob has to play a note of his nose flute to calm them down. So that ruined SpongeBob's day at the Krusty Krab. And then he goes jellyfishing with Patrick but he broke his net. SpongeBob decides to give Patrick his jellyfishing net. Again, that ruined SpongeBob's day jellyfishing, so he goes to Sandy's treedome to karate chop. But Sandy had a crack that leaked in her treedome. So SpongeBob has to lift his karate chopping glove into the leak. Again, it ruined SpongeBob's day karate chopping. So he goes to Squidward's concert but the ticket guy won't let him in. So SpongeBob does a lot of stuff to get in and then the ticket gut realizes that it is SpongeBob. So the ticket guy takes SpongeBob to his VIP seat. And then Squidward plays. But since SpongeBob realizes that it has not been "the best day ever". So he makes a musical called "The Best Day Ever" and the episode ends. The worst episode of SpongeBob EVER!

Final Score: Z-!!! (Real grade is F)
  • The Worst thing I Have ever Seen! Someone Rip my Eyes Out. Dear God it was Awful

Ok, so Spongebob gets to go to the Krusty Krab, then go to Jellyfishing with Patrick, Karate with Sandy and Squidwards claranent recital concert.
    But nothing goes to plan, he does bad at the Krusty Krab, Somethig happens with Patrick, (I don't know, I stoped watching after that) then apparantly Sandy has a hole in the dome and he forgets where he puts his ticket for Squidwards claranet recital, so when he gets in, it had just finished.
    So he screams at everyone saying Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! so they let him sing a song, even the characters were geting tired of it!
    So Bad!