SpongeBob SquarePants

Big Pink Loser / Bubble Buddy

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Nov 16, 2000 on Nickelodeon

• Big Pink Loser was just plain mediocre, but Bubble Buddy was a bad episode

Big Pink Loser: This episode is just mixed in my opinion. It's pretty light on the humor but at least it had a nice lesson and some amusing moments here and there. 5/10

Bubble Buddy: This is the bad episode. The bikini bottomites are huge jerks to SpongeBob and Bubble Buddy. This is the third worst of season 2, with Wormy being the second worst and The Smoking Peanut being the worst. It's a bad episode. That's pretty much all I can say. 3/10
  • Great episodes

Big Pink Loser: A perfect episode. I loved how Patrick copied everything that SpongeBob did, and then got an award for doing nothing.

Bubble Buddy: I didn't like it as much as BIg Pink Loser, but it was a great episode. I liked how the whole town tried to pop the bubble.

• Classics!

Big Pink Loser: Just a funny episode all around. I love Patrick manning the phone ("No, this is Patrick!") and him sweeping with the broom upside down ("Hey buddy, you just blow in from Stupid town?"). 9.5/10.

Bubble Buddy: I like the beginning more than the end ("Happy Leif Erickson day!"). It is a good episode with nice humor ("Is this one of those sewing circles?"). 8/10
  • Another funny pair of Spongebob episodes.

Big Pink Loser: I like the plot of Patrick of getting an award. It was funny that Patrick couldn't do anything right, until Patrick opened a jar, but it was funny that he thought that he broke the jar. It was also funny how Patrick repeated everything that Spongebob did just so Patrick could win an award. One of the funniest parts is the ending when Patrick got an award for doing absolutely nothing longer than anybody else. We all know that this is a Patrick episode, and what could be better than that. A perfect 10/10 for this one.

Bubble Buddy: It is good as well. The plot was very original, Spongebob needs to make his own friend because everyone else is busy. He thought of making a bubble buddy. I thought it was funny how bubble buddy ruined absolutely everything and that in the end the Bubble ends up coming to life. Very funny episode, and it was funny when they wanted to pop the bubble. A perfect 10/10 for this as well.

I thought this was a great pair of episodes. Very well done episodes.
  • Review in a Nutshell

Big Pink Loser

Bubble Buddy

• One was perfect and the other one was ALMOST perfect

Big Pink Loser: I thought that this was a perfect episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". I thought that the plot to this episode was very classical and very funny. I thought it was funny that SpongeBob was teaching Patrick how to earn an award because Patrick really wants to earn an award just like SpongeBob. I thought it was hilarious when Patrick didn't know where the lid and then Patrick says "Oh it burns" when he touched the lid. I thought it was pure comedy gold that Patrick is acting just like SpongeBob so he can get an award. It was funny when Patrick is copying everything that SpongeBob does at the Krusty Krab. I also thought the ending was funny when Patrick got an award for doing nothing. Overall, a perfect episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". 10/10

Bubble Buddy: I thought that this was a superb episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". I thought "Big Pink Loser" was a little better but I still thought that this episode was superb for the most part. I thought it was funny when SpongeBob blew a bubble and named it "Bubble Buddy" so he can have someone to play with. Squidward giving Bubble Buddy all of his services was hilarious. It was hilarious when SpongeBob said that Bubble Buddy is lacktoastintolerant. Bubble Buddy in the bathroom for like 2 hours keeping everyone waiting to use the restroom was very funny. It was funny when SpongeBob said "Shake that bubble butt". It was also funny that Scooter died and went up to heaven (too bad because I always loved Scooter's appearances in the early SpongeBob episodes). I also thought the ending was funny when Bubble Buddy was talking and then he left town because he thought things were getting weird. The only thing that I kind of didn't like was that everyone wanted to pop Bubble Buddy. Overall, an ALMOST perfect episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". 9.5/10
  • Patrick tries to be like SpongeBob and SB creates Bubble Buddy

Big Pink Loser: I liked./laughed-Patrick showing the award to jellyfish and island, SpongeBob making a puzzle, Patrick wanting to save thr 9th dimmension, "Is this the Krusty Krab?" "No this is Patrick," Patrick getting mad, the jar part, everything Patrick (as SpongeBob) copying things SpongeBob does, SB and Patrick running off, SpongeBob as Patrick and Patrick gets an award. Overall score 10/10.

Bubble Buddy: I liked/laughed-SpongeBob reading letters, SpongeBob making buddies, Squidward making Krabby Patties for Bubble Buddy, "I love Bubble Buddy," SpongeBob waiting on a long line, Bubble Buddy coming to life, and Squidward saying hi to the bubble. I wanted to enjoyed this episode, but a couple parts were boring and the people were rude when they wanted to pop Bubble Buddy. Overall score 8.5/10
  • perfect

10 out of 10

• Mediocre, as it says

Big Pink Loser:
    Patrick gets an award and shows everybody in town, but when he shows SpongeBob he finds out that he got by mistake and it's SpongeBob's. So he starts copying SpongeBob and says he's not stopping until he gets as many awards as SpongeBob has. This episode is decent. It is funny to see Patrick crying over an award.

Grade: 8.5/10 A-

Bubble Buddy:
    SpongeBob creates a buddy out of bubbles, when none of his friends have time to play with him. However, SpongeBob and his new "Bubble Buddy" soon become the focus of intense aggravation by the citizens of Bikini Bottom. This spoiled the perfect pairing! Why would SpongeBob (in his day off) go to the Krusty Krab with his Bubble Buddy?! This is just pointless! If I was the writer of this cruddy episode, I would allow Squidward to kill Bubble Buddy so he could go home and play his clarinet!

Grade: 1.5/10 F!
  • perfect

What I liked (Big Pink Loser)- Patrick getting an award at the end, "Is this the Krusty Krab?" "No, this is Patrick", Patrick thinking he broke the pickle jar, Patrick mopping wrong, "Hey buddy, did you just roll in from stupid town?"

What I liked (Bubble Buddy)- the scene at the Krusty Krab, the long line for the bathroom, the ending, "Happy Leif Ericson day!"

Good episodes. Both were really good and it is kind of hard for me to pick a favorite, so without further ado, my final grade is of course, going to be an A+
  • These season 2 episodes were equally good.

These were both great episodes of season 2. It's hard to say which one I liked better. In Big Pink Loser, I liked how Patrick showed even inanimate objects his trophy and the way he recieved the trophy in the first place. I also liked how he got a job at the Krusty Krab and kept messing up, especially when he had to answer the phone! The whole scene with Patrick trying to open the jar was also hilarious. In Bubble Buddy, I liked how Squidward said "Please come again, when I'm not working," to the customer at the Krusty Krab and how he had to provide excellent service for Bubble Buddy. I also thought the joke about Bubble Buddy being in the bathroom a really long time was funny. Plus, one more thing, I always love appearances of Scooter.:) I did think the ending was a bit weird. Bubble Buddy just suddenly came to life! Overall, though, great episodes of a wonderful season! Marebear2009, out!
  • this was a good ep

in this ep of the show spongebob patrick exadently recives award that belongs to spongebob and then he goes over there and sees how many awards spongebob has and then he decides to be like spongbob and he cant take it and he reviews one for the person that has done nothing the longest . which was funny. and the second part was spongebob decides to make a bubble buddy and he is having fun with spongebob and it turns out he was a real person after all but a bubble person . and the town chases him away tring to pop the buble. this was a good ep
  • I liked the Big Pink Loser, but Bubble Buddy is a a bit shifty!

Big Pink Loser I like this one more.
    It's Patrick's episode with out a doubt, even though Spongebob was the same-if not more-screen time, the center is always on Patrick and that doesn't always work in it's favor.
    The jokes were good, but they got a little predictable.
    Though it does have one of the best quotes in spongebob ever-I want to defeat the monkey man of the ninth diminution. Bubble Buddy
    I have a few problems with this one!
    It stays in one place for too long and the life guard joke was a last resort!!!
    But it's still a good episode that I've seen way to many times!
  • Big Pink Loser: Patrick is happy when he discovers he has an award but soon realising it's meant for Spongebob decideds to copy Spongebob. Bubble buddy: After finding out all his friends are away Spongebob decides to make a new friend "Bubb

Big pink loser: This episode is good not great. I have mixed feelings about this episode. I don't know if I like it or not. Some bits are funny but some are less memorable. I enjoyed the opening of a jar funny. So before I change my mind it's a good episode not great but not have as great as it's partner.

Bubble Buddy: What a great episode. This is such an amazing episode. Scooter is hilarious in this episode and so is Squidward I loved this quote Squidward made

Squidward: Please come again. (customer walks off) When I'm not working.

Big pink loser: 8.2

Bubble Buddy: 9.6

1 amazing episode and 1 good episode.
  • Big Pink Loser is win. Bubble Buddy is great too.

Big Pink Loser: A simply fantastic episode. A true turning point of Patrick's character, making him go from funny to maximus awesome extremely rolfcopter to the max hilarious. It had so many funny parts, like Patrick answering the phone at the Krusty Krab, the narrator's bit at the beginning, Patrick showing his award to everyone, Pat claiming he hits his head with a hammer all the time even before he started imitating SpongeBob, SB asking what else is shiny and Patrick says "ice cream, Pat having to "defend his title!" and more.

Score: A- 9.4/10

Bubble Buddy: A great episode. My favorite part had to be Patrick's note: "SpongeBob, went to get more giant paper. Uhhhh...Patrick. P.S. Happy Leif Erickson Day! Yingin-hinga-dinga!" The Krusty Krab scenes were awesome too, bubble money! And waiting two hours to go to the bathroom, waiting for a bubble? XD Classic. Seriously, a great episode. The ending was also hillarious, after all this, a single bubble remains, and Squidward says "Uh...hi?" Awesome.

Score: A- 9.2/10
  • Another excellent pairing from the second season. Big Pink Loser was better.

Big Pink Loser:An enjoyable episode.Patrick gets an award in the mail, but he finds out that the award is for Spongebob.When he sees that Spongebob also has tons of awards in his closet, he gets upset because he doesn't have a single award. He decides to get one by working at the Krusty Krab but fails in every task he does. When he finally opens a jar with Spongebob's help, he starts copying everything Spongebob does to succeed. But Spongebob gets annoyed by it, so he starts acting like Patrick so Patrick will copy him and be himself again. It fails, but Patrick then receives an award for doing nothing longer than anyone else. Patrick then lies under his rock again to protect his title. This episode had a lot of hilarious gags and it contains one of Patrick's best appearances yet. The story was fun to watch and well written. A must-see for the Patrick fans.

Bubble Buddy:Not as good.Spongebob can't play with any of his friends so he blows a "Bubble Buddy" to hang out with. However, the Bubble Buddy irritates everyone so they try to pop him. But when they try to, Bubble Buddy reveals he's alive and then leaves town because are getting too "weird" around here. I liked the scenes with Squidward having to provide service to Bubble Buddy and Spongebob having everyone wait two hours to use the beach stall for Bubble Buddy. An alright episode.

Overall, a great pairing. I recommend you watch it.
  • Another fabulous and classic pair of episodes in season two!

Big Pink loser is definitely my favorite one out of these two episodes. Big Pink Loser features Patrick trying to win an award! Patrick gets an award one day when he was sleeping underneath his rock house, and he shows everybody he possibly could show it to! Like the Jellyfish and even the island above the sea water! Once he shows it to SpongeBob however, he then realizes that the award is for SpongeBob! Once Patrick tries to win awards for himself, he seems to fail at everything and can't do anything right. Poor Patrick! This episode had great quotes! For example, I liked this part: I want to defeat the giant monkey man and save the 9th dimension! I want to defeat the little monkey man and save the 8th dimension! Doctor! Fireman! A job at the Krusty Krab? And Patrick ends up working with SpongeBob! A funny quote was when a customer told Patrick: "Hey fella, did you just blow in from Stupid Town?" And the end was great because Patrick gets an award for doing absolutely nothing the longest! As for the episode Bubble Buddy, suprisingly, this episode seemed only average to me. But it still was pretty good. Like when SpongeBob was celebrating Leif Ericsson Day! Ying a ding a durgin! When SpongeBob has no one to play with however, he makes a bubble buddy! Sadly, soon afterwards the bubble buddy ruins everything for the Bikini Bottomites, and Squidward and Mr. Krabs, and Pearl. But the ending was good because Bubble Buddy came to life and could talk! He also left a good goodbye and drove away by bubble cab, and everyone is happy that he is gone, Squidward would also probably be happy, except that he was so shocked to see the bubble come to life, that he said "Uh... Hi?" To a floating bubble!
  • Both are awesome.

Big Pink Loser:
    Great, it could not get any better than it was. A+ 10/10.

Bubble Buddy:
    SpongeBob creates a buddy out of bubbles, when none of his friends have time to play with him. However, SpongeBob and his new "Bubble Buddy" soon become the focus of intense aggravation by the citizens of Bikini Bottom. Great too. A+ 10/10.
  • Speechless...

Big Pink Loser:
    Waaaooh, man is this episode a classic or what? Patrick wakes up one day to find he has an award, but it turns out it's for SpongeBob and Patrick is upset when he sees how many awards SpongeBob has. So SpongeBob helps Patrick get an award, but this doesn't go too well. He gets Patrick to open a jar, and when he learns how to do so, SpongeBob tells Patrick to do just as he does, and Patrick literally does EVERYTHING SpongeBob does. After that, tons of laughs!

Bubble Buddy:
    Everyones away, and SpongeBob decides to make a friend made of bubble. But he causes nothing but trouble for the people at Goo Lagoon. Sorry, that was short, but I'm too tired to right anymore! :P

• Big Pink Loser is superior and Bubble Buddy is fantastic too.

I love Bubble Buddy just like Mr Krabs tattoo states but my main reason for this review is for my second favorite episode ever Big Pink Loser

As Patrick wakes up, a mail fish gives him a package. Curious, he opens it, and finds a trophy inside. Excited, he starts showing everyone but it ends up being an award for SpongeBob. Patrick then decides to get a job at the Krusty Krab and thats when the hillarity ensues. He tries to serve food to the customers, but always ends up eating their orders. He also does not know how to answer the phone, because when they ask him if it's the Krusty Krab, he says "No, this is Patrick" three times! Patrick also ends up sweeping the floor with the broom upside down. SpongeBob tries to teach him how to open a jar. He does not know what a jar is, so SpongeBob shows him and how to open it. SpongeBob tells him to do exactly as he does, and opens the jar. Then Patrick starts to copy SpongeBob's lifestyle until he finally gets an award.

Great episode pairing, but Big Pink Loser is out of this world. It is the first episode I ever memorized of SpongeBob and its near and dear to my heart

THAT waaas AWESOME!
    I really liked the part where the bubble was in the bathroom! FOR 2 hours! That's OUTRAGEOUS! I MEAN LIKE When i go it takes like 10 MNUTUES! I LOVE this SHOW!
    Then in biig pink looser when PATRICK becomes SPONGEBOB! Wow! THis episode drives me NUTS! ALSO then SPONGEBOB becomes PATRICK, i mean like have you guys ever tried that before? IT ROCS I MEAN like more than this SITE AND SPONGEBOB! I MEAN IT! EVEN tho this SITE is PREEETY cool. its like chill dude!i would watch these episodes all day if i had too!

10 out of 10, awesome episode
    P.S. Please make more episodes like THESE!
  • a special and weird episode, but i dun like big pink loser

Well what should i start with. Ok with big pink loser first. Reason why i hate this episode is because i think it's irritating. They made patrick acted horribly, that would make some of those that are new to spongebob, hate patrick. And i can't believe patrick dunno his own parents and why woul the fake parents know what to say and where patrick live? It's a little stupid( no offense)

Well i dun really have many thing to talk about bubble buddy, just question. I mean that episode is so weird, but what spongebob episodes isn't. I just hope the bubble can come back in one of the episode.=)
  • It sure was funny alright.

So in the first Patrick gets jealous of Spongebob because he has all these awards and he doesn't. So he starts to copy whatever he does. It is so funny when Patrick can't even open a jar. So anyway in the end he gets an award for doing nothing at all. In the next one, "Bubble Buddy", Spongebob has no one to play with so he makes a bubble buddy. Everyone is annoyed by this. So they try to pop him but they find out he's real(which was really strange) and he goes away. So it was silly(in a good way). That's my review.
  • Big Pink loser is hilarious!

I love big pink loser because it has a sense of humoristic stuff sometimes, like the phone scene, the copying including destroying the dishes, and can it get any better! When I watched the funniest episodes, I can laugh very hard that I could rock the house!!! For anybody who does not want to watch this is missing out on really great stuff! I may even start buying the Seasons 1,2,3, and 4 box sets! Now we learn if you try copying someone on a video that is impossible to beat I would say it like putting your hand on a really hot stove!!!!!!!
    Here is my favorite quote:
    (Patrick at phone)
    Phone:(ring)Hello, is this the Krusty Krab?
    Patrick:No,this is Patrick.
    Phone:(ring)Hello, is this the Krusty Krab?
    Patrick:No,this is Patrick.
    Phone:(ring)Hello,is this the Krusty Krab?
    Patrick:(Yells)No this is Patrick. I am not a Krusty Krab.
    Spongebob:Uh Patrick, that is the name of the restraunt.
    Patrick:OH... FISHPASTE!!!!!!!
  • good episodes

Well Big Pink Loser was a very funny episode because it stars Patrick. Not only that but Patrick goes crazy just like on the Valentines Day episode. Its also pretty good in the whole action department. But like other episodes it just does is not perfect. Now Bubble Buddy was the episode I was saving the review for. Not only is it better than Big Pink Loser but it also has more of the characters in it and that really helps the episode. However again it was not a perfect episode. There are way better ones out there than these two.
  • 23rd Episode

Big Pink Loser: Spongebob won many awards and now Patrick is too jelous of him to win. So the only way for Patrick to win an award is to learn what Spongebob does. But chaos emerged when Patrick copies Spongebob in any way. But now Patrick won an award for not doing anything in Bikini Bottom, and so he is happy now.

Bubble Bubby: It's Leif Erikson Day, and now Spongebob wants to play with his friends but they have other things to do so he created Bubble Buddy. But now the others get mad at Bubble Buddy so they wanted to pop him, but then he's alive and so everyone ignores him, and at the end Squidward says hi to the bubble.
  • Great

Probably my 2 favorite episodes. I love Bubble buddy. It was so funny. Who else would have thought of something like that. Then when bubble buddy is in the bathroom forever. Then when he bosses squidward around Hilariouse. I also love when Spongebob was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    And leifericson wat is that its hilariouse thats wat it is. The stuff that spongebobs writers come up with is amzing. Not as amazing assimpsons writers but pretty amazing. I lave this episode I highly recamend it for some one to watch. Patrick Starr is funny very funny probabley the funniest person on the show.
  • episode #23

big pink loser: spongebob gets a trophy, and pat gets angry because he never gets trophies. sb tries to help him, but it doesnt work. pat soon starts copying what sb does. eventually pat gets a trophy though.

bubble buddy: all of spongebobs friends are gone on leif erikson day, so spongebob blows a bubble that becomes his friend. soon, the bubble gets on everyones nerves, and they want to pop it.
  • Bubble Buddy... was a little disturbing...

Yes, in my opinion and point of view, I thought that Bubble Buddy in the episode Bubble Buddy was annoying. I mean, he should've died. He was annoying, and also Spongebob, he had a speck of annoyance.

Big Pink Loser is about the big pink loser, Patrick, who accidently gets Spongebob's award, so he finds out Spongebob's Trophy Room filled with tons of trophies and medals. That makes Patrick want to be like Spongebob, so he decides to work at the Krusty Krab. But all of Patrick's nonsense is driving Spongebob crazy! So Spongebob gets out of the Krusty Krab, but Patrick follows! Soo... that gave it a 9.1!

WOW! THis is the greatest episode ever...apart from Band Geeks...

Anyway, great episode. S.

Big Pink Loser- (10/10)

Patrick wants to win an award, because SpongeBob has that many!

Bubble Buddy- (100/100)

SpongeBob creates a buddy, but not any buddy, this buddy\\\'s a bubble buddy! But not just any bubble buddy, a super bubble buddy! And not just any super bubbl-

Someone: Get on with it!

Statement done. Great example.
< 1 2