SpongeBob SquarePants

Blackened Sponge / Mermaid Man vs. SpongeBob

Aired Saturday 10:00 AM Aug 03, 2007 on Nickelodeon

7.7
  • They're not the best episodes I've ever seen but they're watchable and "MermaidMan vs. SpongeBob" is much more enjoyable than "Blackened Sponge" in my opinion

Blackened Sponge: I thought that this was an overall good but not great episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". It wasn't a bad episode but it could've improved so much more. The plot to this episode just seem to drag a lot and it pretty boring. It's pretty ridiculous that SpongeBob got a black eye by trying to open a toothpaste. SpongeBob's fake stories on how he got the black eye to Patrick, Sandy, and the fishes at the Krusty Krab were pretty boring though and it wouldn't make any sense. They should at least add humor when SpongeBob tells his stories but they weren't even funny. I only laughed at two scenes. I laughed very hard when SpongeBob was yelling "I'm talking to you Grandma". I also laughed very hard at the ending as well. The rest of the episode was just decent but not great. Overall, an good but not so great episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". 7/10

MermaidMan vs. SpongeBob: This episode was a little better than the first pairing. It wasn't the best but the storyline is much more enjoyable than the first pairing. It was hilarious when SpongeBob says "Yeah, but it's so worth it when you can work in these" (he shows the underwear) and then Plankton says "Stupid kid". It was very funny when Plankton disguised as a person who sells dandruff shampoo. It was funny when Plankton put fake dandruff on MermaidMan but it was gross when BarnacleBoy had real dandruff. Plankton's shampoo seemed to make MermaidMan and BarnacleBoy brainwashed so he has the power to control them by ruining the Krusty Krab's business. Squidward being attacked by the little kids was also funny. It was very funny when Plankton had to yell very loud to MermaidMan about what to say. SpongeBob pretending to be FryBoy was also funny. My score was low because some scenes were dragged and the ending felt a little too rushed. Overall, a great episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". 7.5/10