SpongeBob SquarePants

Boating Buddies

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Aug 07, 2008 on Nickelodeon

7.6
  • Sorry guys, but this episode is overrated, the writers went way too far on Squidward abuse in this episode

5.5
    I know a lot of people love this episode so I'm not going to be harsh on it. But the writers went way too far on Squidward abuse on this episode. There were a few funny moments I will admit, like the "Chocolate Rain" joke (Which younger viewers won't understand), the part with the scientist,, and a few others. I don't remember every other funny moment because I haven't seen this episode in a while. The main problem with this episode was not just Squidward abuse, I despised that creepy face Spongebob Aaron Springer drew (Aaron Springer wrote for Band Geeks! My 3rd favorite episode throughout the entire series! So why would he want to work on this!?!?!) And I'll admit I'm not a big fan of Squidward, you all know how livid I was at him after seeing "Little Yellow Book" but I actually felt bad for him in this episode. It felt like a day in hell for Squidward. I wasn't even looking forward to this episode because when I heard it was all about Squidward going to Boating School, I knew there was going to be a lot of Squidward abuse in this episode. And I was right. He got injured (twice), he was pulled over by the police, and he had to take his test again the following week. Sorry guys, but this episode was too overrated. Even if there were a few funny moments. The writers went way too far on Squidward abuse here. Overall Grade: (5.5/10) C-