SpongeBob SquarePants

Chimps Ahoy / Ghost Host

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM May 05, 2006 on Nickelodeon

7.6
  • Ghost Host was mediocre but Chips Ahoy was decent

The score is for Chips Ahoy. Ghost Host gets a 5.
  • Superb pairing

The rating is somewhat lower compared to the last time I reviewed a SB episode (which was three days ago). Also, ever since this episode, I now know how to tune in an episode when they premiered (because I checked on Wiki and a tv guide website) and I hardly missed any of those (expect 8 times from this point to today).

Chimps Ahoy: A very superb episode. This episode was just not my favorite and a couple parts were getting boring. The funny parts are SpongeBob using the back scratcher, then Patrick is actually using SpongeBob's hands, the peanut/nut cracker invention, SpongeBob and Patrick trying to make an invention while Patrick kept trying to make one that is always been made, then SpongeBob's reflection said "Well, I always thought it was a great idea," Patrick being called as Mr., Dr., Professor Patrick, one of the chimp being in their invention, and a couple more parts. Score: 9/10

Ghost Host: This one was superb as well but it not as funny as Chimp Ahoy. This episode was very creppy to watch on a few scenes like Dutchman turning into 4 different creatures and scaring Squidward. That especially the first one was way beyond creepy. Funny moments include the flying Dutchman falling off his ship, the Flying Dutchman trying to scare SpongeBob, but then he isn't scared anymore (this scared him like 3 times then a couple times later, he is bored of it), the power with in video, the mattress store part, Dutchman having a party at SpongeBob's house, and the Flying Dutchman scaring Squidward near the end. After the part part, it got a little boring to watch. Score 9/10
  • What the acutal f*ck?

What ever happening to the Spongebob I knew and loved while growing up?

Let me begin with some back story. I was bored during my awesome desk job at a local gym (where I'm the #1 employee of which everyone looks up to). I decided to put on Spongebob after my workout, a friendly, lovable series that I grew up with, all while eating some delicious protein packed oatmeal sludge (many say it looks like throw up, but it's completely awesome).

As I prepared myself to enjoy a half hour of one of the best cartoons of all time, the horror sunk in when sh*t started to get a little weird. I don't know what was going on at the Spongebob headquarters during 2006, but I can only imagine it was drugs. A whole bunch of drugs. Hardcore, LSD/acid type of drugs. This episode broke the PG barrier and most likely ruined a lot of little kids lives. It was sick and twisted, and should not have been shown on TV. It even gave me nightmares, and I'm a 23 year old ALPHA MALE. You are the sole reason why people have been turning to bath salts and eating faces. Are you happy now!?

Good day to you sir.
  • Chimps Ahoy: good Ghost Host: abysmal

Chimps Ahoy: The Chimpanzee beneficiaries of Sandy's undersea treedome are paying a visit to see what progress she has made with her inventions. But Sandy doesn't think any of her work will satisfy the chimps, and if they don't like what she's invented Sandy could lose her funding forcing her to leave Bikini Bottom. SpongeBob and Patrick decide to help their distraught friend by taking over her work and finishing her inventions.

5 out of 10

• Ghost Host: Yuck! Chimps Ahoy: Pretty Good.

6.7
    Ghost Host:
    This episode knocked the score from a 9 to a 6, and you may be wondering why. Well, it was completely weird, and disgusting. The Power Within part was so pointless and made no sense, and when Dutchy haunted Squidward at the end, that was completely disgusting. This terror of an episode is about The Flying Dutchman's ship breaking, and him living at SB's house, where he haunts SpongeBob. But before long, SB stops becoming scared of him. And after he can't scare anyone, he thinks he isn't scary anymore, so SB helps him become scary again. It would be OK if it wasn't so disgusting.

Grade: F- (Yes, it was slightly worse than All That Glitters)

Chimps Ahoy:
    Why did they air so many good episodes with bad ones? This one aired with Ghost Host, Wishing You Well aired with All That Glitters, and Sing A Song Of Patrick aired with Waiting. I don't understand it. In this episode, Sandy's bosses, the chimps, are coming and she has to show them a good invention before she has to leave Bikini Bottom. So, Patrick and SpongeBob help her invent something. It was funny, and weird, but it was pretty good.

Grade: A

Chimps Ahoy wasn't painful to watch, but Ghost Host was. So, the classification only counts for one episode. Curse you Ghost Host!!

Final Grade: C
  • One of the worst two episode pairings ever

Ghost Host

Absolutely stupid. I am usually a fan of Flying Dutchman appearances, but gosh this episode flat out sucked. The Flying Dutchman comes to live with SpongeBob after a boating accident and SpongeBob decides to help SpongeBob get his scare back. My reaction was yawn, snore, wake up. The worst part was, it wasn't over yet.

Final Score - F

Chimps Ahoy

Dumb, dumb, dumb. Sandy the scientist returns again. Why make Sandy a scientist in the first place? She is much more interesting as an athlete. Sandy's monkey bosses come to check up on Sandy and SpongeBob and Patrick make an invention since all of Sandy's have failed. Yet again, this episode was dull and uninteresting. The only part I liked was the first minute with the Goofy Goober back scratcher. I barely liked that part.

Final Score - F+
  • GHOST HOST- The Flying Dutchman's ship is destroyed, and has to take up residence in Sponge bob's house. The Dutchman scares Sponge bob for a while, but soon he gets tired of it. CHIMPS AHOY- Sandy's bosses come to Bikini Bottom to evaluate her sta

Both of these episodes where revolting to watch for even 5 minutes! The writing was horrible, a very horrible script! The worst Sponge bob episode out of all! GHOST HOST was the worst of the Flying Dutchman episodes. I would have written this episode WAY differently. Chimps Ahoy was another horrible Sandy Cheeks episode in the 4th season, man these people need to learn how to write children comedies. I think Steven Hilenburg needs to fire Derek Drymon. Out of all both episodes where horrible to watch, and I hope this show starts to get back on track very soon.
  • Come on people, they weren't that bad!

This episodes sure aren't the best, but people are saying that they are awful, abysmal episodes! They at least had some humor. I'll explain in the reviews below.

Chimps Ahoy: I thought this was a pretty funny episode. I loved how they mentioned Goofy Goober in it though. I also loved the song Sandy sang. The busdriver saying they make stops at quitterstown and loserburg was hysterical. The parts that made this episode bad were the monkeys and Patrick forgetting that they were inventing. There was no need for that part. Anyways, I give it a 82%. Also, I thought Ghost Host was pretty bad. It was actually disgusting. I only liked it because of the mattress scene, Larry the Lobster and the self help video. I give it a 78%. Overall, decent episodes, but could be a lot better.
  • Both great episodes but I thought that "Ghost Host" was a little better

Chimps Ahoy: I thought that this was a great episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". This wasn't my favorite episode but it was great and I liked it for the most part. SpongeBob and Patrick using the back scratcher in the beginning of the episode was hilarious especially when Patrick was using the backscratcher when it was actually SpongeBob's arm. Patrick saying "Oh, somebody keeps stealing my ideas" and then the reflection of SpongeBob in the mirror said "Well, I thought it was a pretty good idea" was funny. Sandy singing the song "So Long Bikini Bottom" was a nice song. I thought it was funny when Patrick wanted to be referred as Mister Doctor Professor Patrick. The chimps (a.k.a. Sandy's bosses) were pretty funny. One of the chimps going inside SpongeBob and Patrick's invention was hilarious. It was hilarious when Patrick said "The horrible screaming means that it's working". Sandy's nut cracker invention turning out to be the banana pealer was funny and the chimps let Sandy stay in Bikini Bottom. Overall, a great Spongebob episode but one or two scenes kind of dragged and it wasn't my favorite episode. 8/10

Ghost Host: I thought that this episode was a little better than "Chimps Ahoy". Just like the first pairing, it wasn't my favorite episode but I still liked it. This episode was a little too freaky for me though. The Flying Dutchman trying to scare Spongebob and then SpongeBob gets sick of it and isn't scared anymore was funny. The giant SpongeBob that has eyeballs that slither around like slugs was very very freaky for me. The guy laying at the mattress store was very funny. The scene with the Flying Dutchman having a party at SpongeBob's house with a bunch of ghosts was the scene that probably dragged alot in my opinion. The Power Within video that Spongebob showed the Flying Dutchman was very funny... kind of weird though. The Flying Dutchman scaring Squidward to get back to scaring people was hilarious especially when Squidward runs out of his house. The ending was funny as well when the Flying Dutchman left a present for SpongeBob and there was a monster hand that grabbed SpongeBob. Overall, a great episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". 8.5/10
  • Ghost Host lowered the score

4.5

6.1

Ghost Host: The Flying Dutchman takes up residence at SpongeBob's house where he proceeds to scare, startle and surprise SpongeBob around the clock. Eventually all the spooky shenanigans grow old, and SpongeBob is no longer afraid of the Dutchman. This creates a panic for the old ghost who now fears that he has lost his scary touch. So SpongeBob decides to lend a hand and help the Flying Dutchman learn to scare people again. What is this thing? This episode was horrible!

2.9
  • It's a good idea

In Ghost host, the Flying Dutchman starts scaring spongebob causing spongebob to be no longer afraid of him. So Spongebob Helps the Flying Dutchman to be scary again. In shrimps Ahoy, new characters appear! Well, i hope they look good when I watch it. Ghost Host and scaredy Pants are like the same you know!
  • I kind of liked these two.

Chimps Ahoy was cool just because it was cool to see a different land creature in Bikini Bottom. And this episode was pretty funny. I thought it was funny how Patrick thought they talked funny (which they did). I had no idea Sandy was working underwater for chimps. I also didn't know she HAD to make inventions. Hmm, I wonder why she didn't before season 4 (besides the rocket.)
    For Ghost Host, The Flying Dutchman stays at SpongeBob's and Spongey has to convince him he's scary. Cool but creepy at times. Anyways, these were great episodes, I liked the two.
  • Ghost Host wasn't all that good. Chimps Ahoy was good! Come on people! It's just a good but underrated episode.

Ghost Host: Not all that good. It was boring. I did like the Flying Dutchman's failed attemps at scarring people like the little girl who was jump roping and ending up hitting him with the jump rope. LOL. But still it was not very good but not a terrible episode either. Final Grade: C- (72%)

Chimps Ahoy: This is so good! Too bad it's underrated. It's not bad people. I enjoyed Patrick's dumbness like "I have no idea what you're talking about" and "And I used to be dumb! *dumb laughter*" I also liked how Patrick kept saying that he was a Mr., Dr., Professor Patrick. Very funny and good episode. Final Grade: A! (95%)
  • I liked Ghost Host, but not Chimps Ahoy so much.

Ghost Host was an entertaining episode of season 4, but definitely not one of the best. It had a couple weird parts that we could have done just fine without like the power within thing and the two scenes that had an imaginary Spongebob's eyes coming out of his eye sockets and crawling around on the floor like slugs. However, on a more positive note, it also had several parts that were hilarious like the scene with the guy sleeping at the mattress store, Squidward imagining seeing his mother, and then his seeing a giant Spongebob! :) I personally didn't like Chimps Ahoy that much. While it had a couple funny moments like Patrick insisting on being called Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick, it was too weird an episode for me. The monkeys were just too bizarre, and they weren't funny at all to me. All in all, these episodes were alright, but neither are the best of the season. Marebear2009, out!
  • Two bad episodes.

Chimps Ahoy:I used to like this episode,but not anymore. There were no jokes that were really funny and Sandy's "scientist" personality was amplified in this episode. Her chimp bosses were kind of annoying, and Patrick was not funny at all in this episode. This episode was flat and boring.Ghost Host:This one was even worse than the last. It was the first episode that I found absolutely disgusting. This episode wasn't at the least bit funny, I found it quite boring and the disgusting gags made it even worse. I also despised the ending. It was completely pointless and didn't even make sense. Squidward's seen the Flying Dutchman before, why would he not believe in ghosts? This episode was painful to watch and stupid. Overall, these episodes are horrible, and I don't recommend them to the fans.
  • Ghost host was good, but chimps ahoy was terrible

Ghost host:
    Pretty good. I don`t get why you guys think this episode is disgusting or scary. This episode was very funny. Why do you hate this episode? This was a lot better than chimps ahoy! This episode was only partly disgusting, and not scary at all. This was a very good episode. Final grade: B

Chimps ahoy:
    This episode was completely disgusting. Their machine was completely pointless. I don`t get why you love this episode. This episode was completely stupid. This was the terrible episode. I hope you agree that this episode is bad. I seriously don`t like this episode. Final grade: F

Final grade: C-
  • Not your everyday SpongeBob!

Ghost Host: The Flying Dutchman's ship breaks down so he stays at SpongeBob's Pineapple.
    Not an everyday SpongeBob. I loved this one. The best Flying Dutchman episode ever! But I like the other episode way more.....
    Chimps Ahoy!: Sandy's bosses are coming, but Sandy's inventions arent working correctly. SpongeBob and Patrick to the rescue! Hilarious rescue that is! This episode was funny and great. I mean, An invention that combs your hair, picks your nose, scratches your back, tunes your ukelele, and makes pudding? C'mon! That's comedy of today. I never knew that the illustrator of SpongeBob draws monkeys. He's kinda good. See ya!
  • bad

i am a big spongebob fan and i was extremely dissapointed when i saw these 2 episodes. spongebob needs to pick it up these past couple of episodes were horribble and i am worried if every one will still watch the sponge. I would hate to see him go down the drain after all these great seasons. i really hope the episodes get better because there not lookin so good. I think they should make an episode about mr krabs and his wife where is his wife he has to have a wife where did pearl come from unless she was adopted.
  • No, wait I was wrong. THIS is my favorite season four episode

In "Chimps Ahoy", Sandy is trying to come up with an invention that will impress her bosses.

Hilarious! Another example of SpongeBob's world-famous bizzare humor. Chimpanzees underwater. A seat / hair comber / nose picker / ukelele tuner / pudding making machine. A bannana-peeling robot. How can you not laugh at that?

In "Ghost Host," the flying dutchman stays at SpongeBob's house and starts a wild party.

Exactly why I watch this show. The animation was incredible and the not - your - average - ordinary - everyday SpongeBob episode. It;s the power within.
  • Not my favorite

7.6
    To me the second little half of sponge bob, was already used to me. Well the story line. And the first half told why and how Sandy lives down under the water. But it got me thinking. Remember the episode Texas. It seemd that Sandy got down below the water by accident. But if she was so homesick why diddn't she just quit her job.
  • Funny episode. Chimps Ahoy! was Ok, but the other one was better!

This was a funny show. I recorded it and now I will be able to watch it again and again. I have to admit, This was a pretty good show. Chimps ahoy could have had a little more action, but then again, it was a pretty funny episode. I can't wait to see the other new season 4 episode!