SpongeBob SquarePants

Chocolate With Nuts / Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Jun 01, 2002 on Nickelodeon

• Possibly my favourite episode in the series,no in the entire history of TV! (JK)

This brings me back to when I watched these 2 review.

Chocolate With Nuts:Excellent. When I watched it, I was scared of Tom,the chocolate guy, This episode's titled focused on the plot excellently. It's a superb episode.

10 out of 10.

Mermaid Man And Barnacle Boy V:Pretty good. It's not pure superb,but it's good. The episode was originally supposed to be about Mermaid Man and Barnacle boy visiting the Krusty Krab or something,as the episode was titled Superfriends in the tv description. But it was too boring (IV's first setting,or place, was at the krusty krab. So Nick changed it up. It is totally good,not superb,but good.

Rating: 8.5 out of 10

Overall Rating:9 out of 10
  • OH YEAH ABSOLUTE BEST WITH FORMER ABSOLUTE BEST (which is the 2nd one)

Chocolate with Nuts

15.5/10

Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy

7.9/10

10/10

• I consider these as the best pairing of episodes on Spongebob history, ever!

Chocolate With Nuts- Definitely my favorite episode in the entire series. First of all, it's full of laughs and that authentic humor that you'll just find in this magnificent show. This episode shows how naiive and and clueless Spongebob and Patrick can be when it comes to reach their goals, even if this one is selling chocolate bars to get lots of money, which at the end they spent on going out with two (really really old) ladies! This is how a Spongebob-Patrick episode it's supposed to be. Simply perfect, and I would never get tired of it. 10/10

Mermaid Man And Barnacle Boy V- Nothing better that seeing our heroes play actual heroes! It's funny how they all were so lame at their super powers, to the point that these powers ended up destroying them. After all it is a good episode. 9/10
  • Best Episode of Spongebob

Chocolate with nuts is the one of the best cartoon episode that has ever happened. It's hilarious, has humor all ages will enjoy and a pretty fun plot. Not to mention very quotable scene's. This episode is awesome!!!!
  • "Chocolate With Nuts" was hilarious and "MermaidMan and BarnacleBoy V" was overall great

Chocolate With Nuts: I thought that this was a hilarious episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". It never fails to make me laugh so hard. I thought that it funny when SpongeBob wanted to be chocolate salesman. The guy running and screaming "Chocolate" was absolutely hilarious. It was absolutely hilarious when Patrick said "I love you" to that customer and then Patrick was eyeballing him. Patrick made me laugh non-stop in this episode. It was funny when that guy pretended to be injured so SpongeBob and Patrick could buy his candies. SpongeBob and Patrick lying to the Bikini Bottom citizens in order to sell the chocolate bars was also hilarious. The ending with SpongeBob and Patrick dating those old women was also funny. Overall, an excellent episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". 10/10

MermaidMan and BarnacleBoy V: I thought that this was a great episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". It wasn't as good as the hilarious and clever "Chocolate With Nuts" but this episode was overall great. It was a pretty good idea for BarnacleBoy to join the dark side with ManRay and the Dirty Bubble. However, some of the scenes in this episodes were kind of lacking and boring. I didn't laugh much in this episode. The only thing I laughed at was when the International Justice League of Super Acquaintance (a.k.a. SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, Sandy, and MermaidMan). Everyone's superpowers were pretty funny. It was great when MermaidMan and BarnacleBoy became friends again. The ending was also funny but kind of weird when everyone is laughing and all. Overall, some of the scenes in this episode could've been better but this was an overall great episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". 8/10
  • One of the best episodes ever. I enjoyed Choclate with Nuts the most.

Chocolate with nuts: This has to be one of my favorite episode in the whole show. In my opinion, it is the best episode from season 3 as well as the 1999-2004 era before the creator left the show. I pretty much liked/laughed at almost all the parts in this episode so I'll list the parts that were super funny: SpongeBob scaring the mailman, the chocolate fish throughout the episode, Patrick taking 5 pictures of a fish when he was 13 and fat (and I remembered that he said "I love you" to him), Patrick staring at the dude, the chocolate fish caught Patrick and SpongeBob and they melted. Overall, this episode was perfect and it has to be one of top 10 episode for this show. It is that type of episode I can watch over and over again. Also, speaking of this episode, I LOL'd so hard at the Super Smash Bros. Brawl video on YouTube when some user put pictures of that game and uses audio for this episode to make it 10 times funnier. That's all I can say for this episode. The writers for this episode (Paul, Kaz, Kent, and Merriwether) did great for doing an awesome and hilarious episode. 10/10

Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V: I enjoyed this episode, but it not as funny as Chocolate with Nuts. The plot was interesting when Barnacle Boy decides to turn bad. The superfriends team was interesting as well. I laughed at the parts when Barnacle Boy was heading the line, Barnacle Boy, Man Ray, and Dirty Bubble scaring people, the Chief's appearance, Sandy saying does this suit made me fat?, Squidward using magma on SpongeBob, Mermaid Man then turns Squidward into dust, and the very ending when everyone was laughing. Overall, this was perfect, but it doesn't beat Chocolate with Nuts though. 10/10

• Chocolate with Nuts brought down the score.

4.5
    Chocolate With Nuts:
    SpongeBob and Patrick decide to become rich entrepreneurs by selling chocolate bars door to door. But instead of making money, they lose money. BORING!

Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V:
    After being treated too much like a child by everyone, Barnacle Boy quits being a superhero and decides to be a supervillain and joins Man Ray and The Dirty Bubble. The three form the group "EVIL," which stands for "Every Villain Is Lemons." While Patrick, SpongeBob, Sandy, and Squidward become superheroes and form the group "I.J.L.S.A.," which stands for "International Justice League of Super Acquaintances," to prevent "EVIL" from committing crimes.

• I've asked a lot of people if they liked these episodes, I have not gotten a single "no" answer yet, I don't blame them.

10 out of 10

• Perfect episodes, and very funny.

Out of all the Spongebob episodes that I have seen on these two are by far two of the funniest, and the greatest of this series.

Chocolate with Nuts

After taking a look at Squidward's mail by accident, and seeing a magazine of the rich and famous, and how they became rich Spongebob and Patrick decide to give it a shot by selling chocolate. Throughout the episode Spongebob and Patrick try to desperately sell chocolate, but always fail at it. They are chased of by a maniac who screams chocolate!!, a person creeped out by Patrick after saying he loves him, a lady who shuts the door on Spongebob after failing to get the chocolate, and a con artist. Spongebob and Patrick do manage to sell chocolate to 2 old ladies after telling lies about the miracle of chocolate. After being able to make a whole lot of money they give it all away to the con artist after he lies about a condition he has. Just when all hope is lost for the duo the maniac who screams chocolate comes, and buys all the chocolate. The episode ends with Spongebob and Patrick renting out the fancy restaurant, and dating the 2 old ladies from earlier. This episode was very funny, and creative. The guy going around screaming chocolate was rolling on the floor funny, Patrick telling the guy he loved him was random and hilarious, and the scenes with the old ladies were great. Excellent episode overall, and a must see.

FINAL SCORE: 10/10

Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V

When Barnacle Boy is not allowed a regular Krabby Patty he gives up being a hero, and starts an organization of villains. Mermaid Man though is joined by Spongebob, Patrick, Squidward, and Sandy to help defeat Barnacle Boy and his henchmen. The gang gets superpowers through suits from Mermaid Man's old team. Spongebob is given the power to be quick, Squidward has the power of a volcano, Patrick has super stretch abilities, and Sandy can go invisible. Meanwhile Barnacle Boy has recruited The Dirty Bubble, and Man Ray to help in taking over the world, and call them selves EVIL, Every Villain Is Lemon. Eventually everyone meets at a teen make out point, and just when it looks like Mermaid Man is going to win, Spongebob and the gang accidentally take themselves out. Barnacle Boy then makes an ultimatum to Mermaid Man. He wants to eat a regular Krabby Patty, and not the kiddie version. Mermaid Man agrees, and they both walk off laughing, and The Dirty Bubble and Man Ray are taken to jail. The next day at the Krusty Krab Mermaid Man, and Barnacle Boy each have a Krabby Patty, and so the episode ends with everyone laughing at how Barnacle Boy saying he can't finish the patty. This was yet another another hilarious episode and seemed to spoof the Super Friends. I found the chief to be hilarious with how insane he is, and the way that Spongebob and the gang accidentally hurting themselves was funny as well. Another excellent episode overall, and great.

FINAL SCORE: 10/10

It's really hard for me to choose which episode is better, but these episodes are some of the funniest, and greatest from Spongebob, and if you haven't seen them yet you are really missing something then.
  • Even my dad laughed at this!

Great Spongebob episode. It's so great. It's unspeakable. In a ggod way. okay, not in a good way. In a fantabulastical kinda way. There's so many funny people in this episode. The Chhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooccccccccccccccccccaaaaaaaallllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeeeee guy! And the nice lady. Who can forget that con artist. But the best part was when Patrick told the complete stranger"I love you!" There are so many other good parts. Like the focusing scene, the old ladys, and when Patrick pooped a hershey's kiss. This is a great and funny episode. The plot is lame, I know, but the epppies is so funny. Five stars! No tenmillion stars.
  • Overated

This episode is really overrated

Chocolate with Nuts: Spongebob and Patrick go out to sale chocolate (with or without nuts) to become untrepenures. First they use all of the money they have to buy the chocloate, then they make failed attempts to sell it. In the end, some guy buys all of the chocolate they have. Then they rent out Fancy (a fancy resturant. This is considered the greatest episode done, and it is the highest rated episode on the website, but in my opinion, I think that it is seriously overated. The second episode, Mermaidman and Barnicle Boy 5 was okay.
  • CHOCOLATE!

7 words: L O L and best episode ever. I love that insane green fish who shouts chocolate. MM & B V was good, but Chocolate with Nuts was awesome. I loved the old ladies, "What? What did you say?) And I love the moments where Patrick and Spongebob are looking at eachother when the old ladies were fighting, and the fish shouting Chocolate. If I had to choose one episode to represent Spongebob Squarepants, it would be Chocolate with Nuts. It shouldn't be number 4 something on the list, it should be number 1. Like I said, best episode ever!
  • The BEST episode ever!

Chocolate With Nuts is my favorite SpongeBob episode ever. It showcases SponeBob and Patrick's gullability and contains non-stop laughs. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V was also a very good episode. I enjoyed every moment of both mini-episodes.

Memorable Quotes:

Patrick: "Hmm. I know! Let's get naked!"
    SpongeBob: "No. Let's save that for when we're selling real estate."

Old Lady: "What? What did he say? Chocolate?"

Barnacle Boy: "I'm crossing over to the dark side!" (goes into the half of the Krusty Krab that is completely pitch black)
    Mr. Krabs: "Why should I pay to light the whole restaurant?"

News Announcer: "They call themselves Every Villian Is Lemons... otherwise known as EVIL."
  • spongebobs funnyist episode ever!

Spongebob and Patrick sell cholate bars so they can get rich. Almost every scene in this episode makes you laugh to death this is spongebobs funnyist episode ever probaly the best episode ever I give the episode a 10 out of 10 and the other episode is really good too it is very clever spongebob , patrick , sandy , and squidward join mermaidman to stop evil I give that episode a 10 too but the chaolate episode was better and funnyier. well thats my review for this episode of Spongebob Squarepants. . . . . . . . .
  • Chocolate with Nuts: This episode is about Spongebob & Patrick trying to go door to door selling candy bars! Mermaid Man & Barnacle Boy V: This episode is about Barnacle Boy going to The Dark Side!

Best Episode EVER! Chocolate with nuts will keep you laughing all the way! A Storyline with teeth rotting chocolate and a whole bunch of crazy that never stops the laughs! You have to see this episode! It's Nickelodeon at it's best! Along with that laugh-packed episode is the fifth of the tales of Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy, or Barnacle Man I should say! Another episode that will make your mouth go crazy with all kinds of laughter! You'll want to see these over and over again that you'll just burst with snorts, laughs, and what ever you can think of you'll be doing at the end of these episodes! My personal Favorite!
  • Good episode

These two episodes are some of the funniest I have seen. Episodes that bring out some of the best humor. Chocolate with Nuts:

A hilarious episode, where Spongebob and Patrick try to sell chocolate bars, coming up with problems with each person. An episode with a strange, and common sense of humor. Excellent episode, overall.

Mermaid Man and Barnicle Boy 5:

A strange yet adventurous episode, involving Spongebob and Patrick's favorite heros, Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy. Spongebob and the gang accompany Mermaid Man from saving the city from the E.V.I.L., also known as Every Villain Is Lemons, formed along with Barnacle Boy, now known as Barnacle Man. A hilarious episode with many practical jokes and humor. Another excellent piece of work.
  • best episode ever

if the crew made more episodes like these two, i would watch spongebob every single day of my life! It was funny in chocolate with nuts when the chocoholic said he was chasing them because he wanted to buy all their chocolate, and patrick farts chocolate! Stephen Hillenburg has done it again. Long Live Spongebob!! I hope you liked this review.
  • Hilarious every single second!

It deserves a 10, very deserved. I always thought of this one as the best episode on SpongeBob SquarePants. "Chocolate with Nuts", makes you crack up, is amazingly funny. The way they sold the chocolates by saying funny lies, Patrick drops a "kiss" under his pants. The same guy tricking them to make buy his bags for chocolates. The guy trying to buy chocolate, but SpongeBob and Patrick ran, the almost dying woman: when Patrick said that the chocolate will makes her live forever, the daughter, who was old, was nodding and say next "I hate you". And in the end SpongeBob and Patrick made a date with them, hilarious ep.
    And "Mermaid and Barnacleboy V" is the best episode with them. Patrick gets power to stretches himself, Sandy gets powers to dissappear, SpongeBob can run fast, and Squidward can throw lava with his head. I cracked up too, when "the bad guys" go to ring the bell on a house, and then ran away. And the guy making out with a pillow. The entire episode is extremely amusing, and hilarious. Que cague de risa!!!
  • The Best episode, besides the movie.

Chocolate with nuts- Oh my goodness! I, like, love this episode so much. It was hilarious. I can never get tired of this episode. I would laugh, like, every ten seconds. Patrick was so funny in this episode. Like, when he was flattering the customer, or focusing. Or when he suggested to get naked. But, the funniest part was the isane fish who yells, "CHOCOLATE!!!" The old women were funny too. I also liked the way they "selled" the chocolate bars. Final Grade A++++++++. MM and BB 5; I loved this episode as well. I liked the fact that SpongeBob and his friends becamse super heroes. But, it could've been a little longer, but still a fabulous episode. Final Grade: A-. In conclusion, these episodes are my favorite episodes and are nto overrated. Nick should show this episode more often. Final Grade: A++
  • Chocolate With Nuts - 10.0 MM and BB V - 9.0

Chocolate with Nuts - Whoa, this episode was so good! It was hilarious, mostly Patrick. I gotta say, this is in my top 5 favorite episodes. Spongebob and Patrick want cool stuff so they sell chocolates, and it doesn't go too well. But one crazy man that ran around screaming "chocolates" bought a lot, so now Spongebob and Patrick have a lot of money. They use that money to rent a private room with an old lady and her "prehistoric" mom.

Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V - It was good, not as good at the Chocolate episode. I rated this episode a 9.0.
  • one of the best

First of all Chocolate With Nuts was funny from the moment spongebob was in the mailbox scaring the mailman to the moment where they took out the two old ladies on a date. This episode really kind of showed and emphasized Patrick's short attention span and stupidity compared to most episodes. It also shows how gullible the pair is when it comes to life. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V was by far the best one ever made and the only one comparable to it was Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy 2. Theres not much to really say about this episode because other than that theres not anything special about it.
  • Chocolate with Nuts- SpongeBob and Patrick decide to sell candy bars to make money. MM and BB 5- Barnacle Boy joins a group called E.V.I.L. (Every Villain Is Lemons) and it's up to SpongeBob and his friends now to save the day.

Chocolate with Nuts- Loved it! Don't let the simple plot throw you off. This was one of the best episodes in this series. First of all, this episode was probably the most hillarious episode of the series. It had lots of jokes, but they didn't overdo them. Such as, when Patrick said he loved the customer or when he was focussing. I LOLed when I saw the two old women fish, even though it was just a tad on the bizarre side. But, my favorite part of this episode was when that fish yelled, CHOCOLATE!!! That made me laugh so hard, I couldn't breathe. This was the best episodes of the entire series! Grade: A+ 10/10

MM and BB 5- Again, this was hillarious. Seeing the dark side of the Krusty Krab was funny. (You'll see what I mean when you watch the episode) Also, when the fish asked why he was asking us all these questions. The plot was good and I think I really enjoyed this episode. Grade: A+. 10/10.
  • My favorite episode of all-time

Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V:

Awesome episodes, I love the part especially when The chocolate guy first is encountered, and chases them. It's a very famous quote that will be handed down from generations to generations. I love the whole episode Chocolate with nuts, It is number 1 on my best episodes ever list, which is utterly un-identical to the one Nickelodeon cam up with, In fact no season 4 and 6 episodes are in the top ten, there is a season 5 episode however "Sing a song with patrick"

Mermaid man and barnacle boy v is a very good episode

and to think he went through all that crap just to get an adult sized krabby patty, what an idiot

mermaid man really is senile

I give the episode my very first perfect ten, which I have never ever done before

But there were absolutely no flaws

Well, that's it by
  • i dont what the big deal is this episode was...

i dont get what the big deal is, this episode was just too boring, if it was on t.v i would turn over the channel i just hate it so much i would rather wach paint dry. i dont get why everyone puts 10 because ijust cant stand it. they sell chocolate and thats it nuthing else happends. this is the worst episode in the series and definitly wont be a classic because of its boring actions. i know this episode aired a couple of years ago but the writers must have been fired because there arnt no more boring episodes like these, so im glad there fired and befire they got fired i hope they got a real telling off!

FINAL GRADE F- - - - - - - - - - -
  • Chocolate with Nuts has to be the best episode ever, with it's classical jokes. I loved MM and BB 5 too, but I loved CWN way more!

Chocolate with Nuts: Amazing. This has to be my most favorite episode in this series. As well, it's also the most classical episode. I loved the part when Pat was focussing and also the "I Love You" joke put in there. This episode was very well written and I'm also pleased that the writers were able to turn a simple plot into such a fantastic episode. None of the new writers could make an episode as good as this one was. But my favorite part of this episode was the whole running gag with that guy who was yelling, "CHOCOLATE!" lol. that was so hilarious! So my final grade is for this episode is an A+. Now as for the other episode, it was good too, even though I felt the first one was better. I didn't really like the beginning, because I didn't like how they were treating BB. I mean, they were teasing him for no apparent reason, although I will admti it was vert funny when they went, "Ooh." But I love the guy who was saying the news, espeically when he was like, "We interrupt your bleek and meaningless lives for this important news" and "Why am I asking all of you people this questions?" I couldn't stop laughing at those parts. In addition, I also like the quick fight scene. But the ending didn't make any sense at all. Final Grade: B+. By the way guys if you want to get someone into SpongeBob, try showing them CWN.
  • If god himself made a SpongeBob episode, he'd be jealous of this one.

Oh my god. This episode is so incredible, I can't even describe. Oh wait, I am. But it still kicks a$$!

Chocolate With Nuts:

My second favorite episode! Hillarious NON-STOP. Patrick's finnest appearence, SpongeBob's finest appearence, and EVERY SINGLE minor character's finest appearence. I've seen this episode about a hundred times and I still laugh. Fred, Mary and her mother, the bald guy who's wife's growing a beard, the ugly guy that looks like Pat, the fat guy who Pat bought ten over-weight pictures of him from, they're all CLASSIC!

Final Grade: A++++++++ (1000%)

Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V: My favorite episode! Like CwN, this one had me laughing through out. For some reason I like this one a tiny bit better than it's partner, not sure why, maybe because the plot's better. Plus it has Mermaid Man, my favorite minor character! Plus the Cheif just made me laugh so hard, and it also includes my favorite line of the entire series: "Ah, Make Out Reef, good times, goooooooood times". Who knew Squidward was such a lady's man! Final Grade: A+++++++++ (1001%)

Normaly your intitled to your own opinion, but if you don't like this one, your crazy! I don't care if you have to boycott Nick and put a gun to their president just for them to air it, check it out RIGHT NOW.
  • Both absoloutely HILARIOUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chocolate with nuts must surely be the funniest Spongebob episode ever. There isn't a single joke that isn't lame (including the one about the swimming pool in the swimming pool) plus the idea is amazing. Patrick saying "I love you" just made me cry with laughter. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V on the other hand wasn't as funny but if was soooooo cool!!! There were some funny bits like when Mermaid Man and his aquaintances destroy themselves but this episode is more cool then funny. Which is weird because I normally find the Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy series boring. So on the whole, a perfect pairing of humor and coolness.
  • Who doesn't love Chocolate!!!!! With Nuts, Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V was really good too.

Chocolate With Nuts is one of the best episodes of the entire series!!! It's full of laughs from start to finish, it has a great plot and it utilizes the plot to the fullest, this episode couldn't have been better it was perfect!!! Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V was really good too, the plot was really good it had a good amount of laughs and I think some people felt this episode was a letdown cause it's paired with one of the best episodes of the entire series, this is my favorite Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy episode too. I recommend both of these episodes to anybody who hasn't seen Spongebob but Chocolate With Nuts is the better of the 2!!!
  • Epic Episodes!

Choclate with nuts-This is one of the best episode s ever in my opinion.The episode starts out with spongebob and patrick who read squidwards mail seeing how fancy a guy has it and they want to be living the fancy life so they become choclate bar sailsman and end up getting scamed a rude man and chased around by a crazy man screaming CHOCLATE!In the end the crazy man wants to buy all there choclate and they both get to live the fancy life.

Mermaid man and barnicle boy v-Another epic episode when barnicle boy gets tired of being a boy and ends up in the dark side lol.The only way to stop him is when spongebob and his friends gain superpowers. Well this cant go well...
  • Boy, these episodes made Season 4 look slow.

Both of these episodes were some of the best in Season 3, and in my opinion, Season 3 was probably the best Season of Spongebob (next to Season 2 or 7).
    They were full of good humor, great plots, and great everything. I liked the guy on a rampage screaming "CHOCOLATE" chasing Spongebob and Patrick. I also liked the ice cream part in MM & BB V. I also liked Spongebob's and Patrick's dates (Great great grandmas). I also liked... Well, I liked almost everything. If I had a choice on which episode is better, I would have to say Chocolate With Nuts was better. It had a bit more humor than MM & BB V. However, it was a tough decission.

Overall, I give it, obviously, an A+++.
< 1 2