SpongeBob SquarePants

Choir Boys

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Mar 20, 2009 on Nickelodeon

• Poor

Squidward tries to avoid SpongeBob while on his way to an audition for the Bikini Bottom Men's Chorus.

4 out of 10

• When Squidward was about to go to some men's choir, SpongeBob was on his way and bothered him...

I don't get what's so special about this episode...
    It was kind of boring and Squidward loses again...
    When I first saw this episode I was a little disapointed about it. Something that always bothers me is how Squidward has a dream, and want to keep it for himself. And for some reason SpongeBob (and Patrick) always have to spoil it. But I think I have to live with it, becouse the whole series is about Sb and Pat ruining Squid's life. Most of the times I like it, but sometime our little yellow fellow is going too far.
    I never give lower than a 6, so this is almost a really bad episode to me. I don't really hate it, but it was just not interesting enough...
  • Hmmm... not as good as "Toy Store of Doom" and "Komputer Overload" but this was a superb episode and this week ended on a good note.

I thought that this was a superb episode of SpongeBob. It's not my favorite episode of SpongeBob this week but I'm happy to say that it ended on a good note. The only problems I had with this episode was that face SpongeBob had when those jellyfishes were lifting SpongeBob while he was singing and Squidward clearing his throat was extremely annoying. Other those things, this was a superb episode. It was funny that SpongeBob was singing and that everyone in the Bikini Bottom Men's Choir loved SpongeBob singing and want him to perform in a concert. SpongeBob's high note at the end of his song was good and I was impressed. It was also hilarious how Squidward's part was to turn pages for SpongeBob at the concert at the end of this episode. Overall, this episode could have taken away two scenes to make this episode a 10 but this week ended on a good note. 9/10
  • The throat-clearing gag went on forever...and, is Spongebob's voice really that angelic?!

Holy...crap. The throat clearing gag in this episode went on forever! Now, I love a good running gag, especially a running gag that is good, but that one sucked and seemed to go on for centuries. Tell me, is Spongebob's voice THAT angelic? I don't think it is...and Squidward's hard work earned him a place as a holder?! Are you kidding me? A PAGE turner?

"Monty: The Great Eskimo Chief Mighty Lug Nut taught me this (Walnut Wallaroo Cookies) recipe whilst I was hitch-hiking through the Southern Arctic in the middle of a snowstorm.
    Gadget: Are there a lot of walnut trees in the Arctic?
    Monty: Oh, of course not, Gadget luv. They used walrus nail clippings instead.

Dale: [After meeting an alien] Wow! Just like in the movies! Are you going to take over our planet? Are ya? Huh? Are ya? Are ya? Are ya?
    Dtz: Gee, no! I just wanna stay here and have fun."
  • eh, could have been better.

Now I'm not just going to say this is the worst episode ever, but it seemed really pointless. Another reason I didn't like it is because it is another episode where it's just SpongeBob and Squidward and the theme is something Squidward related like art or dancing or something. Now don't get me wrong, I kind of liked this episode, but I'm kind of tired of this theme. So overall, this episode isn't the best. But I'm not giving up. I know there can be SpongeBob and Squidward episodes that are actually good. It'll just take a little more time.
  • Yet another Squidward-Spongebob-minor chars. alone episode.

Choir Boys: The plot, unfortunately needs fine-tuning, I'm not saying I hate this episode though. Squidward signs up for a men's choir, but a desperate Spongebob interrupts Squidward's arrival while Patrick is away at his family reunion. Squidward again shows-off a little, now that he tells Spongebob he has joined the choir, Spongebob wants to come with him, also to listen to his song. Once again, Spongebob becomes dimpled and a once again a Squid-staller. Squidward gets to the choir on time, he sang horrible unfortunately, when Spongebob shows up, the choir honorly makes Spongebob a member, Spongebob gets a mustache too. Spongebob accepts it when the choir accepts a special spot for Squidward: a page-turner(not-so special). Well, great episode, but too much throat clearing and was a little recurrent to other episodes.

C
  • I love this episode!

Squidward is getting ready for a men's chorus and is on his way there. He spots Spongebob outside and finds out he's upset because Patrick was away for the weekend,so he wants to go with Squidward to his chorus because he think he's a great singer.Squidward ignores him and just tries to get rid of him.Spongebob tries to make him stop by pretending to be a cop,that was funny,by setting traps and getting him stung by jellyfish (not on purpose though).Squidward ties Spongebob to a piece of coral then to finally get rid of him. Spongebob sings then and the kelp breaks and jellyfish take Spongebob to the chorus for singing beautiful.Squidward makes it to the chorus and sings bad,Spongebob makes an apperance at the chorus and everyone loved it and got to be in the chorus.In the end Spongebob gave Squidward a spot for flipping pages (lol).
    To make a long story short this was a great episode. 10/10
  • Good, but could have been better.

The episode is fun to watch, but it may turn very annoying to some people. TOO much vocalizing, heck, it's not even singing. But it surpassed my expectations. I thought it was going to be full of Squidward abuse, but even though he didn't exactly win it was nobody's fault but his own. He has no singing talent! lol But something I feel they overdid on this episode was the throat clearing gag. They did it with Squidward like 2 times, and with SpongeBob a couple times too, after so many times it turned un-funny. Anyways, I wish the eisode had an actual song in it, instead of just vocalizing and "figarooo" But it turned out good. My final score is a B.
  • It was awesome!

I liked this episode. Spongebob joins a choir. Spongebob becomes the best singer in the choir. This episode was (like most episodes) funny. My favorite part was when spongebob impersonated a cop, to slow down squidward. Squidward found out it was spongebob. That was funny! Even though I didnt see all of it, this was an awesome episode. This episode was partially weird. I also liked that the jellyfish took spongebob to that choir. Also, squidward is the worst singer in the choir. He sings worse than me! Eighty-eight words! Final grade: B+. So cool. I really really liked this episode
  • Pretty funny...

This is a once again predictable yet very funny episode. I think we all knew that Squidward's chance of making it in the men's choir would be yet another thing Spongebob ruined for him. We've seen plenty of THOSE episodes, right? Still, it had some pretty funny moments like all the singing and coughing, Spongebob acting like he was dying because he had no one to play with and the high note near the end that Sponge hit when he sang. The ending was also funny yet predictable. There was one thing about this episode that scared me a little, and that was the face Spongebob made when he was first being carried away by the jellyfish (shudders). Bottom line, this is another episode that proves Squidward is the "Charlie Brown" of the show in general. Oh, well. It's still one of the better episodes. :)
  • MY FIRST REVIEW!YAY!..

I mean its pretty good but they can do better than that.By the way I'll join choir soon!But the writers are just beginners, like eggs hatching,so soon they will come up with the best episode yet!But this was still pretty good but not one of my favorites.sorry!I'd give it a 6.4 or something which is a D.I feel like Simon Cowellnow.It starts out with Squidward in the shower singing Fegaro or something.Then he starts going to the choir place but Spongebob keeps getting in his way.Soon enough he gets there by tying spongebob to a piece of coral [Im sure]with some seaweed.I cant tell you the rest incase you haven't seen it.
  • Not very pleasing.

Compared to the other episodes of the week, I didn't really like this episode. Sure, I thought SpongeBob's angelic voice was rather climatic, but this episode still just got to be annoying. Just singing "Figaro" and "Ohh..." didn't make the episode anything special. SpongeBob acted the same out-of-character way he has in most of the B-episodes from seasons 4-6.

The good thing about this episode was that there was no serious Squidward abuse inflicted by SpongeBob. For once, Squidward was the one who abused himself, what with his terrible singing. I've only seen this episode once though, as I'm writing this review, so I don't have much to say.

Overall, this episode wasn't one of the top 20 worst episodes to be made, but it tends to be a boring-to-watch episode.