SpongeBob SquarePants

Christmas Who?

Aired Weekdays 5:30 PM Dec 06, 2000 on Nickelodeon

• It was funny and i still like it

This episode was so funny and original. I liked it so much when it first aired but i wish they would air it so much more instead of waiting til christmas.The Very First Christmas song is one of the funniest songs Spongebob and the other characters ever sang, especially in the middle when Spongebob goes "la la la la la", and when squidward rubs it in spongebob's face that santa doesn't exist. i liked the plot also,anyways one of the best Spongebob Holiday Specials since the valentines one. "Heart on stick! must die"
  • After all the time that's gone by, I still love this Christmas special...

This episode is great; it has a lot of hilarious moments and others that tug on your heart strings a little. It also shows how nice Squidward can really be, posing as Santa Claus and giving all his things to the people in Bikini Bottom. The ending with Santa was funny and always makes me laugh when I see it.

The episode is very heartwarming to me, and one of the best Christmas specials that show on Nickelodeon. It has an original storyline and is very entertaining to watch. When Christmas time rolls around again, make sure you catch it!
  • Topics good for young and slightly older :) Very cute.

A somewhat rare episode (showing mostly during the holiday season), it is satisfactory and has appropriate topics for the younger children to enjoy. And the subtle hints that appear in the middle are enjoyable to the slightly older viewers such as myself (I am a teenager). Not too many, so the clever little kids don't catch on, not like the episode 'The Grass is Greener.' The younger children, probably 8-10 years, would enjoy the Christmas song that Spongebob, Patrick, and the other characters sing. And then again, the teens would enjoy parts of the song too ('...and burns in the third degree...'). Overall, it's an adorable episode for most ages :)
  • When Sandy tells Spongebob about the wonderful story of Chirstmas, he tells it to everyone else. Then, Biniki Bottom wants to get Santa to visit! Also, they try to get Squiward to write a letter, but he refuses. After a cute little song, no Santa! Them, S

Best one ever! Personally, this is my favorite. I love the Chirstmas song. I keep singing it in school all the time! XD I hope I can get this episode on DVD sometime soon. I like how Gary has a part. It's just a "Meow" but, it's still really cute!
  • Hillerious

I have never seen such a funnmier show as SpongeBob, and I\'m yet a teen. SpongeBob finds out about Christmas and decides to celebrate it. Soon the citizens of Bikini Bottum are running about buying gifts and of course, it\'s always Squidward that spoils it all. I found the last part to very touching and lively tearing on the eyes.
  • Absolutely hilarious

This is one Spongebob episode for everyone. Its so just so funny and such an entertaining episode to watch. Spongebo annoying everyone about Christmas and the holiday spirit, also getting Squidward into a comma. But gives Squidward a present anyways, funny Patrick dumbness, Holiday singing "this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me!", this episode was hilarious. Probably next to Fairly Odd Parent's "Christmas Everyday?" and Hey Arnold's Christmas Special, this is one of the best holiday nick special nick's had to offer us. A lot of reviewers seem to be negative on Spongebob, well if you still say the show sucks then watch this one. Its hilarious and one of the finer examples of Spongebob's episodes.

It\'s shaping up to be a wonderful episode,
    Not your normal average Episode,
    Sounds like SpongeBob found out \'bout holidays,
    Sandy Cheeks had told him all about this day,
    The Christmas spirit\'s warming all lovely,
    Krabs and Plankton seem much more brotherly,
    This Christmas feels like the very first chistmas to me...

I made it up...

Anyway, it\'s a great episode. I just love it! I got it on a free DVD, and it\'s hilarious and touching. 10/10!
  • The First Spongebob Christmas Episode

Patchy and Potty celebrate Christmas and he later remember the Time Spongebob celebrated Christmas the First Time Spongebob learns about Christmas From Sandy and everyone gets involved but Squidward who didn't Belive in Santa Claus and when he doesn't show up Spongebob gets Sad and Starts to Cry Squidward saves Christmas.
  • One of the best Spongebob episodes ever! [includes spoilers]

"Christmas Who?" was one of my favorite episodes in the series. I like how they extended it out to 30 minutes because then the story has more time to develop. The short segments with Patchy and Potty were also funny and cute. My favorite part was the catchy song in the middle. This episode has a nice, traditional storyline and theme.

Sandy introduces the story of Christmas to Spongebob, who in turn, tells it to the entire town. Throughout most of the episode, Squiward publicly announces his disbelief in Santa Claus. Meanwhile, Spongebob and everyone else prepare for Santa Claus's arrival. When Santa doesn't come on Christmas morning, Spongebob is heartbroken, and Squidward laughs at him. Spongebob then gives Squidward a fancy wooden clarinet that plays the "dance of the sugar plum fairy" [from the Nutcracker. Squidward starts to feel bad, so he runs into his house and comes back out looking like Santa Claus. Spongebob sees him and is overjoyed, but then all the citizens of Bikini Bottom show up and are expecting gifts from Santa. Squidward, not wanting to upset the people, gives away almost all his possessions. Then, after everyone leaves, Santa appears and Squidward receives a 'thank-you note' from him. The episode ends with a Patchy the pirate scene.
  • 25th Episode

In this special episode. Spongebob proves to all people that Santa Clause is real and not a fake. However later he understands that it's not just about Santa it's about the love and passion towards others witch made this a very special episode indeed. One of the best you will never miss.
  • The only one episode of an spongebob christmas special.

Bikii Bottom never heard of Christmas.When Spongebob saw Sandy's treehouse.She was the one that told him about Christmas.Which made the others believed in Santa Clause.Of course Squidward doesn't believed any of those kind of junk.So he just ignored the people and knew that Christmas didn't exist nor Santa claus.When Santa never came.Everyone just got mad at Spongebob and went off.After Spongebob gave Squidward an carved gold clarienet as an present.Squidward decided to do something nice for Spongebob in return as posing as Santa Clause.Of course in the end he gave all his stuff away to the people.Now remembered that this is the only episode where Squidward is extremely nice to Spongebob well at the end of course.
  • Christmas in Bikini Bottom

Okay, apparently people don't know the meaning of "very special episode". It does NOT mean "special" in terms of a Christmas or Thanksgiving special episode. A "very special episode" refers to an episode that addresses a serious issue in modern-day life (i.e. death, divorce, violence, racism, rape); these episodes usually have zero comedy. It was hilarious to see Santa going crazy for about two minutes in this episode. I laughed like crazy the first time I saw it.

Spongebob, Patrick: It's shaping up to be a wonderful holiday, not your natural, average everyday.
    Squidward: Sounds like someone felled my old coraltree.
    Spongebob, Patrick, why'd you do this to me?
    Spongebob, Patrick: This Christmas feels like the very first Christmas
    to me.
    Plankton: People are being more brotherly.
    Mr. Krabs: Here's a little present from you to me.
    Spongebob, Patrick: Even all the trash on christmas-- it smells so
    sweetly. This Christmas feels like the very first Christmas to me.
    Spongebob: La la la la la la la la ( Repeat 4x)
    Sqwuidward: What do you want? Can't you see that I'm busy?
    Spongebob, Patrick: Step outside, we've go something for you to see.
    Squidward: Spongebob, take this stuff down immediately.
    Spongebob, Patrick: Chestnuts roasted and burnt to the third degree.
    Spongebob, Patrick, whole cast (except Squidward): This christmas feels like the very first Christmas to me. (2x)
  • SpongeBob has done it agian he made me laugh really hard!

SpongeBob has the best chirsmas eipsodes I have ever seen. It was sad though when santa didn't come. Squideward was very grouchy in this episode. Spongebob rules! Spongebob Rules he is awsome he is funny he acts really dumd which is silly. He rules he rules he rules he rules he rules he rules he rules he rules he rules he rules he rules he rules he rules he rules he rules he rules he rules he rules he rules he rules he rules he rules he rules he rules he rules he rules he rules he rules Spongebob rocks!
  • An amazing, hillarious, and interesting episode

This is one of my favorite episodes ever. Sandy Cheeks explains the stoy of Christmas to Spongebob, and then he spreads it around Bikini Bottom. soon, the whole town is sending letters to Santa Clause hoping he would come. Squidward, however, does not believe in him and does not wright to him. On Christmas eve Spongebob and most of the town stay's up all night waiting for Santa to come and he doesn't. Spongebob is heartbroken and squidward starts putting him down and insulting him. Squidward feels bad in the end, dresses up as Santa, and gives gifts to the whole town just so Spongebob can be happy.
  • Spongebob Squarepants's Christmas Special

In this Christmas episode, Sandy tells Spongebob about Santa Clause, and Spongebob tells the whole town about Santa and they all bottle up their wishes and put them together, and send them to the Land where Santa supposeably lives. The only one who isn't enthusastic is Squidward, who believes Santa doesn't exist. Later, Spongebob gathers the whole town to wait for Santa, but he never comes. Will Santa come, or is Squidward right that he dosn't exist? This is a beautifully written episode, it's funny, it's touching, and it's the first episode ith Patchy the Pirate. A series classic for sure. 10/10 A+
  • For a holiday episode it is about average

Well they certainly did not do a bad job on this here episode. It is definitely not a bad addition to the show. It is about average. The only thing special is the fact that this is about christmas. This only is an average episode so if it weren't for the fact that it is about christmas it would get a lower rating. I know it sounds kind of mean to diss the episode like this but it just isn't like SB129 or Karate Choppers. There are episodes better than this that come on every day but it isn't as bad as the horribly bad episode Squirrel Jokes.
  • this was a good special

in this ep of the show spongebob its a special a christmas special and how spongebob is tring to bring christmas down to bikinbottom when he learns about the holiday and so he gets the towns people to get togeather and sing holiday cheers and everyone is giving gifts to people and they there waiting for santa and thing is he does not show up right away and spongebob is sad and so squid dresses up like him and then at night they see santa come over head. this was a good speical and that is why i gave it a 8.5
  • A very heartwarming episode with many hilarious moments throughout. Quite possibly one of the best of the whole series.

Without a doubt, this is my favorite special of the whole series. I wish the more recent specials of Spongebob could be as good as this one. It had so many great moments, such as the song, especially when Mr. Krabs sang in that really high-pitched voice. The actor who played Santa Claus at the end was also very funny! I also liked how, unlike many of the other 30-minute specials, there was not too much of Patchy in this one. The parts he was in were actually pretty funny, like when he read who the letter was from near the beginning. This was also a very heartwarming episode. I liked how Squidward really cared about Spongebob and how he wanted him to be happy. It's one of the very few times Squidward has actually done something nice for Spongebob.:) So, all in all, this is one of my favorite episodes of the whole series,and I would definitely recommend it to anyone! Merry Christmas, everybody!!!!! Marebear2009, out!
  • The best holiday special.

I love this episode. Sandy tells Spongebob about Christmas, and Spongebob spreads the word to the people of Bikini Bottom of the holiday and Santa Clause. Everyone believes him, and the town decides to celebrate Christmas and send letters to Santa. The only one who doesn't believe Spongebob is Squidward. On Christmas Eve, everyone waits for Santa, but he doesn't come. Everyone abandons their belief in Christmas and leaves. Squidward then taunts Spongebob before Spongebob gives him a present, a wooden clarinet. Squidward starts to feel guilty about the way he treated Spongebob, and tries to make it up to him by pretending to be Santa Clause. But everyone else thinks he's Santa too, and asks him for presents. Squidward continues his scheme and gives everyone all his stuff {except the wooden clarinet} to make Spongebob happy. After everyone leaves, Squidward finds a note from Santa on his doorstep thanking him for his help. Squidward sees Santa riding on a sleigh, and concludes that he is insane.

An overall great episode. I loved the musical number and the ending with Santa, which I thought was hilarious. The story was well written and it had a lot of good humour. This is definitely something worth watching on the holidays.
  • This is definitely the best special out of the entire series!

Christmas Who? is truly the greatest Holiday special ever! It is a glowing and shining Christmas spirit masterpiece showing the good deeds of what makes you feel the best during Christmas time! Giving to others the best gifts you can find! Christmas is a very special and spiritual holiday meant for happiness and joy with gifts all the time! And this special of SpongeBob SquarePants proves just how great this show and Christmas can be! Sandy is a land animal, and since she used to live in Texas, she knows what Christmas is and when it is held: December 25th! She is in her Tree Dome decorating her tree house with colorful and beaming lights! Spongebob thinks its a fire, so he goes in and tries to douse it with fire! Sandy talks with him though and realizes that sea creatures suprisingly have never heard of Christmas, and also have not celebrated it before, until now! In this star episode! SpongeBob and all of his friends along with the rest of the Bikini Bottomites are all excited and raving about this special holiday now, and people are now writing wishes on pieces of paper to be put into glass bottles to be rocketed up to the surface of the water so Santa Clause can see them! Squidward is the only one now though who seems to be uninterested in this holiday, so for a while throughout the episode he is sorta like Scrooge, but then the best part happens! Squidward later on realizes that Christmas truly is a super awesome holiday for kindness, sharing, and desired gifts for entertainment and pleasure! Squidward is so happy he got a wooden clarinet with pop-up miniature wooden squids! After seeing that Bikini Bottom is crushed about Santa Clause still not arriving to deliver their gifts, Squidward decides to do his job for him! And best of all is he makes everyone happy and excited to receive their most desired gifts! The end is also funny when the real Santa gives Squidward his letter saying that he's been a real good boy this year, and then rides by over Bikini Bottom waving to him! That was aweesome and epic! And funny when Squidward said this: "Yep, I'm insane." Lol! There was also other terrific parts to this episode, everything in this episode was 100% win and flawless! Great Christmas music, Christmas-themed stuff like angel and fruit cake, Mistletoe, giant candy canes, and reindeer are what truly makes this a wonderful special that the whole family can enjoy and will really knock your socks off!
  • This is without a doubt the greatest SpongeBob special ever.

Well, since I only have one episode to review, I won't bother writing the title of the episode. :P Anyway, SpongeBob & the gang have never heard of Christmas, and after being taught what it is by Sandy, he tells everyone, and they all come together to decorate, write wish lists to Santa, and all the other Christmas-y stuff! But Santa never shows up and everyone thinks SpongeBob was lying. Squidward feels bad about upsetting SpongeBob earlier that day and dresses up as Santa to give SpongeBob a great first Christmas (yeah, he really does something nice). With the catchiest song you'll ever hear, perfected Patchy scenes, and a lovely wintery feeling, you're bound to fall in love with this episode the moment you see it! Sorry, but I'm not giving it a 10 though. Why not? As great as it was, it just wasn't a 10-worthy in my eyes. Definitely a 9.7 though.

• The perfect special!

This is without a doubt my favorite special on the SpongeBob SquarePants series! It has all the right elements working for it: SpongeBob, Christmas, a great song, and a grouchy character (Squidward) that discovers his nice side. Who doesn't like that? I even liked the Patchy the Pirate segments on this episode, he was funny, and so was Potty, unlike many specials. The song, wow, what a wonder it is, I love it, it's so contagious and Christmas-y ! The episode also has a sweet message, how Squidward learns to sacrifice his material possessions to please others just so SpongeBob wouldn't be heart-broken. Love it, it's perfect, just perfect! 10/10
  • I am morally against giving 10's. This is how much I love this episode.

What's to say about this episode? What's NOT to say about this episode! It is pure purfection. Not only is it without a dought my favorite SpongeBob episode, it's also my favorite episode of any show ever. This is the first thing I've ever given 10, and unless God himself starts making TV shows it'll be my last. There are more funny episodes, though this one had me laughing out loud a few times, but there's two things that make this episode a 10: it's touching and it has one of the most catchiest songs ever. Squidward does an extremely kind thing (I know what your thinking, WTF) and The Very First Christmas To Me is arguably the best song I've ever heard. All in all, I love this. Watch it right now. Really. DO IT!!!!!
  • MY Favorite spongbob episode-and its a Christmas Special!!!

Ilove this episode because its a Christmas Special and it was really funny. Especially the song and I always crack up when spongebob is singing the son and goes, "LALALALALALALA" and he's dancing and all of a sudden, he appears at Squid-ward's dooray and is dancing and singing at Sqidward is all dubstruck. This episode was awesome and how Sqidward pretended to be Santa and he had a huge nose and wore no pants-well this episode is definetly special considering it's a full 30-mintue episode and Patchy hosts it. I would never grow tired of watching this Christmas special. AWESOME!!!!
  • I can't belive my friend does'nt like the Christmas song!

Sigh, this is why I love Christmas, not the fruitcake, tree, decarotions or, presents. It's the TV specials! I always tune into ABC family to watch TV specials, plus, I have this on DVD so, no need for me to worry! There was a goof here, In Jellyfishing, Patrick said "Merry Christmas!" Looks like Nick has some explanation... So, Squidward. Are you done being mean? Tornenting ol' Spongebob? And, snow/sandmans are lieing around everywhere! So, Christmas once gone and, the end of another Christmas, but I saw this in January... Spongebob: "I think we'll be able to finish by January!" Good-bye. And, happy Holidays.
  • Christmas in Bikini Bottom. Does it work?

The 2nd season proves to be one of the best so far with Christmas Who?, which is easily one of the all time greatest Spongebob episodes. This episode provided a large number of funny moments from the song "This Christmas Feels Like The Very First Christmas To Me" to Squidward feeling like a "Big Jerk". This could also be one of the all time greatest christmas specials. All that can be said about this episode is that it just kept the laughs coming and coming. If you really are a TRUE Spongebob fan, then you should give this episode a positive score.
  • Spongebob Christmas special!

This episode turned out to be a big part for Season 2 to be a golden season. But does it matter? Anyway, this episode is about Spongebob learning about the true meaning of Christmas. The find this episode pretty funny, and also entertaining. However, this show probally has a 3-D-ical and cartoonical touch. This is better than that Scaredy Pants which was a little letdown. To continue, Squidward dosen't believe in Santa, and now cares for Spongebob again but, it wasn't much of a situation. Just like a genie, Santa gives presents to you, but not really as you know. This was a good Christmas special. I also liked the song Spongebob and Patrick and the others including Squidward had sang.

Final Grade: B-
  • part of the golden era

wow, the very first undersea chritmas. i thoguht the plot was great. The end where SB was all sad and squidward was being a Jack*** was a very good part. Mr. Krabs high pitched voice was funny. i thought this was SB's only good singing performance. otherwise, he can't sing. but one thing still clued me, how did sandy know about christmas if she's a squirrle? well, it is just a carttonn. very superb episode altogether and it deserves a good rating. therefore i give this episode... .... a 9.0 now evryone's happy. Yahhh! I hope SB's other christmases were better!
  • It's turning out to be a wonderful episode!

Christmas Who?: This is the best episode ever! SpongeBob finally finds out about the holiday that people like us love! This episode also has my favorite SpongeBob musical number. Santa didn't come to them. I like the part when they show a donkey over his head to show he is a, well, you know what I mean. This episode is flawless! The first SpongeBob Christmas episode. Maybe they can make another Christmas episode like this. It is just so great! The character development was what I liked. SpongeBob acted totally like himself. That is an episode I want see again. I have the DVD, so I can watch it these holidays!

Final Score: A++
  • This is a great episode and a very special one.

It's Christmastime, and Patchy the Pirate is telling the story of how Spongebob first brought Christmas to Bikini Bottom...

Spongebob is sneaking up to Sandy's tree dome to perform is new karate move, and sees Sandy lighting up her tree to look like a Christmas tree.
    Spongebob, mistaking the lights for fire, freaks out and runs in and splashes water on Sandy. Annoyed Sandy thinks Spongebob's never seen a Christmas tree.
    Confused, Spongebob asks what Christmas is, and Sandy tells Spongebob about Santa Claus, decorating, giving and recieving presents. Spongebob hurries to the Krusty Krab afterwards and tells Mr. Krabs, Patrick, and Squidward all about what he's learned.
    Spongebob spreads Christmas all over Bikini Bottom, telling how you can write to Santa, and everyone in Bikini Bottom writes their wish of what they want to Santa, and Spongebob uses a machine to shoot the letters up to the ocean surface.
    However, one certain grinch refuses to take part in this merriment, and I'll give you 3 guesses to who it is (and no, it's not Plankton)-Squidward.
    While everyone decorates and writes letters to Santa, Squidward refuses to believe in Santa and all the Christmas cheer.
    Very good episode.