SpongeBob SquarePants

Chum Bucket Supreme / Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Jul 19, 2009 on Nickelodeon

• Chum Bucket Supreme was perfect, but Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy was abysmal.

5.5
    Chum Bucket Supreme: When Plankton fails at making slogans for his restaurant, Patrick comes up with a simple slogan that attracts customers. It was hilarious when Patrick couldn't understand Plankton's slogan and his head said "I don't get then Patrick says "It's OK little fella I don't either. Plankton's victory dance was also pretty funny. This episode had some very clever visual sight gags and this is probably one of my favorite episodes of this season. 10/10

Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy: When Plankton finds out Sandy has a fur pelt he decides to disguise himself as Sandy so he can get the Krabby Patty Formula. I didn't laugh once while watching this episode. The townspeople were really stupid in this episode. I agree with Sandy when she said "What's so funny about getting my fur stolen?" Then at the end she gets arrested because "Public nudity is against the but she wasn't even naked. If she was it wouldn't even be allowed on Nickelodeon. I just hate it when a great episode is paired with an awful one like this. 1/10
  • "Chum Bucket Supreme" was excellent BUT "Someone's in the Kitchen With Sandy" was just mediocre

Chum Bucket Supreme: In my opinion, I thought that this was an excellent episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". I thought it was very funny when Karen told Plankton to advertise the Chum Bucket so Plankton can attract customers. Patrick was stupid but hilarious as ever in this episode. I thought it was funny when Patrick couldn't read "Chum Is Metobolic Fuel" that Plankton came up with. I thought it was hilarious when Patrick's head was burning. It was hilarious when Patrick's head was crying because he couldn't read "Chum Is Metobolic Fuel". It was so hilarious when Patrick came up with "Chum Is Fum". I thought it was funny that everyone only went to the Chum Bucket because "Chum Is Fum" was so much fun to say. I thought it was hilarious when SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs had an emergency meeting with SpongeBob and that scene was an undercover agent type thing. I thought it was hilarious when Plankton was having a meeting with Patrick and then Patrick says "I think I see the problem, your toilet has a shocky thing in it". It was also funny when they changed it around and said "Fum is Chum". It was also funny when those hockey players were hitting Plankton after everyone overheard Plankton say that the customers are buffoons and more. Patrick's head burning at the end of the episode was also funny. Overall, an excellent episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". 10/10

Someone's in the Kitchen With Sandy: There is nowhere in heck that this episode was better than "Chum Bucket Supreme" and not even close to being as good as the first pairing pretty much. The plot was not very creative at all. This isn't an episode for kids to watch so don't let little kids watch this episode. The idea of Plankton stealing Sandy's pelt and impersonating Sandy was just mediocre to watch. The beginning when we saw Sandy chewing the krabby patty was just disgusting. Sandy is pretty much naked in this episode... you can see her bra and underwear and even though this is a cartoon, don't let little kids watch this episode. Although, there were a few funny moments such as when Plankton was doing a high-pitched western voice to impersonate Sandy, when Mr. Krabs told SpongeBob that he would put the krabby patty secret formula next to him and then Plankton jumps with joy saying "yee-haw", and when SpongeBob told Plankton (who is inside Sandy's pelt) that he isn't putting the bun on top correctly and keeps telling him to try again. I also did not like the ending when Sandy got arrested. It wasn't Sandy's fault... Plankton is reason why she had to go around town naked just to find her pelt. Overall, a mediocre episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants" and I don't think that this episode is appropriate for little kids to watch at all. 5/10

Note: marebear2009 requested me to review this episode.
  • I decided to rewrite this review, since after seeing Chum Bucket Supreme a couple times my opinion of it changed.

Chum Bucket Supreme: The first time I saw this episode, I didn't like it because of the scenes that were somewhat gross, but after re-watching it, I now realize it was a great episode! There were some great moments, such as the potty joke Patrick made and Plankton's victory dance near the beginning. I also loved the slogan "Chum is fum!" The only thing I didn't like was the joke about Patrick's brain being burned. That still kinda grosses me out. My final grade, though, for this episode, is an A. Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy wasn't nearly as good. I didn't really like the plot since it wasn't very original, and the whole episode was very weird and disturbing to me. I also hated Sandy going to jail at the end. There was one part that really made me laugh, though, and that was Plankton's imitation of Sandy. That was just plain hilarious! Overall, though, my grade for this episode is a D-, and in my opinion, it's one of the worst of the series. No offense. Marebear2009, out!
  • perfect

Chum Bucket Supreme:
    The intelligently-advanced slogans Plankton is coming up with for the Chum Bucket seem to all fail. After seeing how Patrick was able to come up with a slogan that drew people to the Chum Bucket, Plankton decides to hire him as his slogan writer. But knowing Patrick, coming up with other slogans could be a challenge...

Someone's in the Kitchen With Sandy:
    Plankton steals and wears Sandy's fur in order to convince SpongeBob into telling "Sandy" the Krabby Patty formula. It proves to be a hard task, though. Meanwhile, a partially nude Sandy searches for her stolen fur.

10 out of 10

• Chum Bucket Supreme was perfect but Someone's in the Kitchen was just terrible.

5.5

Chum Bucket Supreme: It was a very perfect episode of SpongeBob. The plot was interesting and funny. It was funny that the customers didn't want to eat at the Chum Bucket. It was funny as well when Plankton drank some tears. The part when Patrick's brain was on fire and the Patricks inside werepanickingwas very funny. Plankton throwing the cup at Patrick was hilarious. Patrick's head being sad over the slogan was hilarious as well. Patrick changing the slogan to Chum is Fum was interesting. Mr. Krabs and SpongeBobdisguisedas someone was funny as well as when Plankton wanted to try SpongeBob his food and the disguise blew up. Patrick trying to come up with the names and all it there was just Chum is Fum. Overall, the episode was very funny and perfect. I wonder how the Chum is Fum slogan became an Internet meme. 10/10

Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy: Oh my god! I didn't like this episode that much! It was one of the worst and the plot didn't make sense at all. It was a terrible episode and the worst of season 7. It is about Plankton trying to steal Sandy's fur and he try to impersonate her. I kinda hated 95% in this episode. Sandy eating the burger was very gross. It was gross as well that Sandy is naked. Most of the gags were tiring. Plankton (in Sandy's fur) trying to make a krabby patty was super tiring. It felt it lasted for hours. I wish the people at Sandy at all just because she's naked. The only part I liked is that Plankton uses a Texan accent to impersonate Sandy. It was super funny. Overall, a terrible episode of SpongeBob. 2/10

• Structurally sound, but not particularly funny.

One of my biggest issues with a majority of the episodes in season six (and recent eps in general) is the complete and utter lack of script structure, they just throw a ton of lame, gross and down right stupid jokes in a script and give no regard to any sort of integrity or balance to the comic timing whatsoever of any the scenes.

"Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy" managed to avoid a lot of these problems, but in doing so, wasn't really funny. It was reasonably strait forward plot, though Plankton trying to trick Spongebob into handing him the formula has been ridden to death. Though I, for the most part, enjoy the weird none-endings that Spongebob was called it's own, this one seemed totally worthless. Sandy being arrested had no point to it, and I didn't care for it in the slightest.

So it was a rather "Meh" episode, with a improvement that hurt the comedy side of the ep.
  • Chum is Fum!

That is Patrick's advertising campaign in Chum Bucket Supreme. Plankton decides that the Chum bucket needs a catchy slogan to attract customers. But his overly advanced slogan isn't attracting customers. Patrick tries to read Plankton's slogan, but it makes his head sad and catches on fire. Patrick makes his own slogan, chum is fum, which attracts many customers. The Chum Bucket is getting more customers than the Krusty Krab. But soon the slogan gets old so Pat makes a new slogan: fum is chum. But the customers are getting bored of that slogan. So Patrick goes to work at the krusty krab. I give this episode a B.

Someone's in the kitchen with Sandy is a very strange episode. I give it a D
  • Okay, forget "Spy Buddies", "To Save a Squirrel", and all the other episodes where Sandy gets treated like crap. This one's the absolute worst!

Now, of course, I'm only doing this review on "Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy". Okay, so Plankton steals Sandy's fur (it's actually a pelt since she takes it off) while she's taking a shower and he disguises himself as Sandy to try to steal the Krabby Patty formula again, as usual. Now, I gotta admit, that is pretty original, but it's the lamest disguise since "Imitation Krabs". Even worse is how Plankton tries to mimic her accent! No sooner does Sandy find out that her pelt is gone than she goes out to look for it, but everywhere she goes, she's taunted and laughed at for having no fur! Now that really ticked me off because Sandy's my favorite character! And finally, to top it all off, when Sandy arrives and takes down Plankton for stealing her pelt, she puts Plankton in a mustard jar, but unfortunately, the law has caught up with her and she has to get arrested for public nudity! Words cannot describe how completely ticked off I was after watching this! Why would the writers put Sandy in such horrible situations, including this and all the other episodes where she gets treated like dirt?! What do they have against characters like Sandy or all squirrels in general?! What are they thinking?!!
  • Ten episodes in a row: Reviews #4, #5

Chum Bucket Supreme: Another simple and clear way to show Patrick's stupidity, one of the best ones of the night. Plankton's slogans go in the fryer until he uses Patrick to think of one, which attracted customers: Chum is Fum, Mr. Krabs thinks Plankton finally got the formula(when Spongebob wasn't looking), he sneaks into the Chum Bucket. He was wrong. Mr. Krabs is now upset Plankton has more customers. Now Patrick thinks of another slogan: Fum is Chum. Blah, blah, blah, at the end Patrick makes a slogan for the Krusty Krab: Krabby Patties Are Fum. The slideshow Mr. Krabs showed Spongebob was funny, and Patrick's slogans. It was a close B.

C+

Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy: This episode did not have to be made! Sandy has a pelt? Plankton steals it to trick Spongebob to give him the formula while a half-nude Sandy searches for her pelt. Plankton had a good Texas accent, and was funny when the Bikini Bottomites mistook Sandy for a different mammal. I didn't like the ending: Sandy gets arrested for nudity, obvious sign, but not buying it!

C-

C
  • Disagree with me if ya wanna, but I hated Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy. The other one, Chum Bucket Supreme, I loved.

OK, so Chum Bucket Supreme was definetly my favorite out of the two. It was hilarious and entertaining to see Patrick work for Plankton. For some reason, I somehow knew we'd one day get an episode like this, and we finally did! Anywho, I liked the slogan that Patrick came up with for the Chum Bucket. (Chum is Fum) Also, I liked the potty joke put in there and also when Plankton was going through the other slogans Patrick had come up with. I also liked the ending when the Krusty Krab took the Chum Bucket's slogan. My final grade for this episode is a B+. As for the second one, I don't give a crap if you agree or disagree with me, but I hated it. I understand it is SpongeBob, but what the heck was up with Sandy removing her fur like that? I didn't get it. Also, I thought she was extremely out of character in this one. I don't know, it just didn't seem like her. I also felt sorry for her when everyone was laughing at her and making fun of her for having no fur on herself. Also, seeing her removed pelt looked very disturbing. Ugh, I think I'm gonna have nightmares bout that for a while. Also, I was very pissed that SpongeBob didn't talk to the real Sandy. But the end of this episode was retarded and unfair. I hated how they sent Sandy off to jail. I really did. The one thing that I will give the episode credit for is Plankton's imitation of her. That was just hilarious! Grade: F! So, this is a pair of episodes I call half good/half bad. One was great, the other I despised. Teen_Tomboy, out!
  • These were mostly good, but lacked a little something.

Chum Bucket Supreme: I really liked to have Plankton and Patrick as the main characters on this episode, they're both really funny characters and seeing both of their humor combined was great. One of the best jokes of this episode is Chum is Fum, of course, it even made me like it a little better! lol SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs were funny trying to figure out Plankton's scheme. The ending was pretty good, Patrick's melted brain was kind of gross, tho, still, final grade B+

Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy: Hm, I have mixed feelings towards this episode, it's not bad at all, but the plot is just a little too freaky for me, but points up because I've always wanted and episode in which Plankton uses Sandy to steal the formula and this one seemed fair. It dragged a little, but it was still funny to see Plankton trying to imitate Sandy. I'm not too fond of the ending, poor Sandy. Final Grade: B-
  • Best S7 episodes

Chum Bucket Supreme: I loved this episode, I loved how Plankton's intelligent slogans failed miserably, and then Patrick's "chum is fum" brought everyone (and I mean everyone) to the Chum Bucket. Well worth a watch. 10/10 A+

Someone's in the kitchen with Sandy: I liked this one alot too, although not quite as good as "Chum Bucket." I liked Plankton's plan, I thought it was very original and good, and his imitation of Sandy's accent was hilarious. I didn't like how Sandy got arrested though at the end, I mean Plankton should have been arrested. Still great, 10/10 A+

Overall, 2 of the best, if not the best of season 7. 10/10 A+
  • Not too bad

I liked Chum Bucket Supreme a lot, but For Someones in the Kitchen with Sandy, I mean, how could a squirrel take off their fur, anyway? Even with that minor detail, I really liked when Plankton stole sandy's fur and acted like her, I loved his country accent. My favorite part was when SpongeBob asked why sandy didn't have his helmet on. I actually laughed when he said, "I can breathe underwater now, it's as simple as that!" Ha! I liked in Chum Bucket supreme when Patrick's head didn't get the words and he said, "Don't worry, I don't either". Great episodes!
  • The only reason that is review is being written is to focus on the Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy half of the episode.

When I first saw this episode, I was shocked that the animators would put something like this on television for children to watch. The very idea of someone taking another person's skin and wearing it as a disguise is a horrible idea to be spreading to young children. What was especially apalling was the way in which the the skin looked. Eye sockets without eyes are a terrible image to project into the impressionable minds of children. What also makes the episode bad was that sometimes SpongeBob was stupid enough to not realize that something was wrong. He should have been able to tell that she would not have been able to survive without her under water diving suit on. This episode was a horrible idea. I wish that they could make better episodes, and ones that do not have such horrible ideas that could hurt younger children.
  • Ok episodes. Not the best, but there were funny moments in them.

These were ok episodes. Not the best, but ok.

Chum Bucket Supreme : This was great! I thought this one was a bit better though. I did lol at when Patrick changed the sign from Chum Is Fum to Fum is Chum. I did like the ending with the the hockey team too. It could have been better though, because Mr.Krabs didn't do too much. B+

Someone's In The Kitchen With Sandy : Well, this was an unexpected episode. I never thought i would see something like that, but at least Sandy wasn't really naked (I knew she wouldn't be actually naked anyways, because Nick wouldn't allow that). Anyways, it was ok, but it could have been better. I kind of didn't want sandy to get arrested, but it was funny. Plankton's texas voice was funny too. B

Overall Grade: B+
  • Chum Bucket Supreme was good, but I liked Someone's In The Kitchen With Sandy a lot.

Chum Bucket Supreme: It was when Patrick comes up with stupid slogans for the Chum Bucket (Chum is Fum), and they are better than Plankton's original slogans. I liked the running gag in this episode where teveryone kept on puking (including SpongeBob), it was gross but I had to lol. Another good season 7 epiode, season 7 is better than 4,5, and 6 so far.

Grade:B

Someone's In The Kitchen With Sandy: This one was superb! Sandy eats a krabby patty at the Krusty Krab, and Plankton tries to steal it but ends up in Sandy's helmet. He dies out for a little while without water until he ends up in Sandy's shower. He steals her pelt to get the krabby patty, and in order to get back her missing pelt, we get to see Sandy walking around in the nude! This was a hilarious episode. But one disapointment in this episode was that I wish Sandy was completely nude (you know, no bikinis, no undergarments etc), I always wanted to see that, don't kill me!

Grade: A-

Season seven is making SpongeBob remind me of Family Guy IMAO.
  • Pretty decent episodes.

"Chum Bucket Supreme" was better than I expected, but not is a superb way. I was just a simple episode with gags to entertain. Patrick was hilariously in-character in this episode and did a great performance. I loved how he was trying to be all professional and how his only new idea was flipping the slogan to "Fum is Chum". However, it could've done without the burned-out brain. THAT was disgusting.

"Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy" was my favorite, considering that they're finally using my favorite character: Sandy Cheeks. It was hilarious how they were trying to create the allusion of her being naked, even though she was wearing a bikini! Plankton was also funny at how he was trying to imitate Sandy's accent. Plus, a great SpongeBob quote: "Sandy, you're naked. And you're not wearing any clothes!" Too bad she got arrested in the end.
  • Two great episodes!

Chum Bucket Supreme: Pretty good episode. Plankton tries to come up with a catchy slogan to get people to eat at his restaurant, but can't come up with one good enough, that's when Patrick comes in and comes up with a catchy slogan that takes all of the Krusty Krabs costumers "Chum is Fum!". I thought it was funny seeing Patrick work for Plankton.

Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy: I thought this episode was the best of the two, I don't get whats wrong with it and why people dislike it. This was the best episode in a while. When Sandy takes off her pelt to go take a shower, Plankton steals her pelt to try to get the formula from Spongebob. There were a lot of funny parts in this episode, like when Plankton said they were tighter than "two cockroachs in a skillet" or something and spongebob flipped to a page and it said "even if you are tighter than two cockroachs in a skillet". I also thought it was funny when Spongebob was showing him the technique and Plankton kept having to do it over and over and over again.

Overall, two excellent episodes.
  • Well it's ABOUT time Nickelodean

Finally after almost 4 years we FINALLY get a good spongebob episode. Nick actually tried to make it the good kind of cartooney.....and it worked! I love the plot, it seems original, and such good execution.
    I actually enjoyoyed this episode, and for those who missed this episode, they are still showing tomorrow.
    I have nothing more to say but this: Nickelodean, you did a good job. I gave this a 8.0. And now i shall type random letters because I am forced to write up to 100 words: a a a a a K K m l p o WAFFLEZ