SpongeBob SquarePants

Culture Shock / F.U.N.

Aired Weekdays 5:30 PM Sep 18, 1999 on Nickelodeon

• Hilarious to watch.

Culture Shock: Patrick laughing for no reason and the ''mouthful of clams day"joke are the best parts.

Rating:8 is for fire,U is for is for no survivors is hilarious!!!

Rating:8.6(Mr. K was a bit crazy in this)

Average:8.3 Great

• Great episodes

Aired today at 7 am.
  • Both of them were hilarious episodes.

Culture Shock: When the Krusty Krab isn't getting a lot of business, Squidward suggests a talent show to bring in customers, but the only reason Squidward suggested was just so he could perform. The funniest parts were the audience's reaction to Squidward's performance and when Patrick hysterically laughs at Squidwards jokes. Overall, a perfect episode. 10/10

When Plankton fails to steal the Krabby Patty, his wife Karen suggests that he becomes friends with SpongeBob just to get his hands on a Krabby Patty. The parts where Plankton imagines controlling a jellyfish to destroy the world and the ending were the funniest and how could I not include The Fun Song. These episodes were a perfect pair. 10/10
  • they are both awesome

Culture Shock

7.2/10

9.2/10
  • Squidward hosts a talent show and Plankton become friends with SpongeBob

Culture Shock: I liked/laughed at SpongeBob kept cleaning the table, Patrick laughing whenever Squidward said something about the talent show, Gary's act, Plankton's act, Squidward's dancing (especially when he was dancing crazy), the crowd praising SpongeBob and they cheer when Squidward's on. My score is a little low because Squidward was a little mean in this episode. Overall score 9/10.

F.U.N.: I liked/laughed SpongeBob trying to get the Krabby Patty, SpongeBob using his hat as a thing, the crowd using Spongebob as a donut, Plankton's thought destroying the place, the FUN song, Plankton wearing SquarePants, the Krabby Patty turns out to be fake, Bubble Bass stepping on Plankton, and then he chases Plankton at the very end. Overall score 10/10.
  • okay episode

culture shock i think this episode was alright but it coudve been better indeed so ill give this episode a 6.8 fun a bit better but still not that great plankton was playing with spongebob which was preety cute but still they couldve done a better job with this episode because mr krabs acted to crazy in this episode which was something i did not support and plus it was kindve a bit rideculous how that happened so overall this was a bit of a better episode because it has plankton in it and i like plankton but i actuulay dont care for season one episodes i gave culture shock a short review but ill give this one a longer review overall this episode gets a 7.7

• both were perfect

F.U.N.:
    SpongeBob tries to be friends with Plankton, whom SpongeBob thinks is only evil because he's lonely and made fun of. But Mr. Krabs doesn't believe it. He knows Plankton is evil on the inside. He puts Plankton to the test only to prove to SpongeBob that Plankton is only after the formula.

10 out of 10

• Two superb Season 1 episodes that are very enjoyable

Culture Shock: I thought that this was a superb episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". This wasn't my favorite episode but it was enjoyable to watch. It was great how Squidward came up with the idea of a talent show for the Krusty Krab. SpongeBob and that bubble hippo dancing was very funny and felt like a classic. Patrick constantly laughing while Squidward was on stage talking and Patrick thinks that it's a joke. Pearl's talent for the talent show was hilarious. Plankton's talent for the talent show was also hilarious. Gary doing his poem was hilarious especially when Sandy made a cameo appearance and said "Huh, he has such a way with words". Squidward doing his talent was absolutely hilarious when the audience was booing him. It was hilarious when SpongeBob was mopping the stage and the audience loved it and was cheering. The only thing I didn't was that Squidward was being kind of selfish and was being kind of mean to SpongeBob. Overall, a superb episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". 9/10

F.U.N: This was an enjoyable episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". SpongeBob feeling bad for Plankton when he thinks that he needs someone to play with so he be so mean was cute. SpongeBob trying to catch Plankton with the krabby patty in the beginning of the episode was very funny. SpongeBob showing Plankton the wonders of FUN was very funny. I really like the F.U.N. song that both SpongeBob and Plankton sang together. Plankton wearing squarepants was absolutely hilarious. It was very funny when Mr. Krabs found out about SpongeBob and Plankton becoming friends and he follows them to the movie theater to prove to SpongeBob that Plankton is still after the krabby patty secret formula. The ending was very funny as well. The only thing I didn't like was that Plankton not changing was too predictable. Overall, a superb episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". 9/10
  • Superb

Culture Shock- Squidward decides to put on a talent show at the Krusty Krab, in order to get his name well known, and Mr. Krabs revenue. Funny, but Squidward's attitude towards Spongebob ticks me off everytime I watch it. 8/10 B-

F.U.N- Spongebob feels bad for Plankton, and tries to be friends with him. However, Mr. Krabs suspects that Plankto has far different motives than Spongebob thinks. Funny, I love the FUN song in this episode, it makes me laugh everytime, and this episode is good. 10/10 A+

Both episodes are good and worth watching, but "Culture Shock" might make you hate Squidward. 9/10 A-
  • Culture Shock shows the selfish side of Squidward.

5.1
    Culture Shock:
    Mr. Krabs wants to make more money, and Squidward suggests a talent show. Everyone is invited, including SpongeBob's parents, and Squidward thinks he will be the best act. He even tries to make SpongeBob think he is acting by cleaning up afterwards. SpongeBob, however, wows the crowd with his cleaning 'act'. Squidward was extremely selfish in this episode. At least in the ending he got his karma.

Grade: 3.1/10 F

Grade: 7.1/10 B-
  • this was a good ep

in this ep of the show spongebob mr krabs wants to make more money and think of a new way to get the krusty krab booming again with people thing is theres no ideas till squidward says a talent show and mr krabs agrees and spongebob wants to be in it so squid gives him a cleaning job and that ends up beeing the best act of the night. and the second part planton is in the show again this time tring to pretend to be spongebobs friend to get the formula spongebob thinks he is making a diffrence but in reality he is not and mr krabs knows it
  • Both were great.

F.U.N. :
    This episode was fantastic,it didn't have any boring parts and was funny.The scene where SB was chasing a patty at the beginning was jovial and funny.The episode is dynamic,nothing goes slow,and I caught myself mumbling F.U.N. song a million times.I didn't like Bubble Bass' pointless and annoying appearance,I always hated him.
    10/10

Culture shock:
    This episode was entertaining but not as good as F.U.N.It's not so memorable but it had me in stitches.Aside from unoriginal ending,I didn't like how those fools at Bikini Bottom hated Squidward's dance and that's it.The rest was good.This is the only Pearl's appearance where she is funny instead of being annoying.
    8/10
  • Put an overrated episode and an underated episode together you get one word.Hillarious!

I think Culture shock is way to underrated.I loved squid's dancing.It was so funny!Also quotes like
    "Meow Meow Meow. He has such a way with words". F.U.N. I think the song is over rated. The actual episode believe it or not is underrated.With things like the rookie song.I loved that.Note that every main character is in culture shock.Sandy and patrick do not appear in fun. Culture shock is fun.I need 30 more words.Actullay now I only need 27.Now I need 22. Yipee I only need 15. I am delibratley adding on to this . Bye have fun. YAY FOR JOKES
  • Have F.U.N. reading my review and I hope it gives you a Culture Shock.(Sorry,bad pun or puns)

Culture Shock
    I get kind of sick of this one because I've seen it to many times!,but I'll try and be fair.
    Squidward gets kind of annoying in this-more than usually.
    But there are quiet a lot of good jokes in there and the nood to Lonney Tunes (The Kings of cartoon comedy) was a nice touch. F.U.N.
    Plot was a bit weird and Plankton's a little out of character.
    I also have some mixed feelings about the "F.U.N" song (Kind of annoying).
    Oh,We also get to see only the second roll-though small-of Bubble Bass-though I don't think we get to see him again,ever.

The end
  • Great classics, F.U.N. is A.W.E.S.O.M.E.!

Culture Shock: This is a nice episode, I like the plot, but compared to most classics it's left behind. I liked the many acts of talent SpongeBob tried to do to impress Squidward, specially Mr. Absorbency and him dancing with that bubble bear, so cute. I also like how the other characters had their act too, like Gary, which was pretty funny and of course, Plankton, his appearances are always funny. As for the turn-out, I guess it was ok, Squidward got ignored and got what he deserved for being so full of himself ignoring SpongeBob. Anyway, it's a nice episode, final grade: B+

F.U.N.: You can't talk classics without mentioning F.U.N. Seriously, who doesn't like this episode? And, ok, maybe compared to many other jewels on the show it may no be highlighted as often, but you have to admit that the F.U.N. Song is a cartoon classic and you can tell by it's impact in pop culture. Love the plot of this episode, SpongeBob trying to help Plankton by befriending him, and also love the drama, like when SpongeBob found out that Plankton have been hiding the patty all along, like a break-up scene, haha. Overall, I'll always have a great appreciation towards this episode, always brings a smile on my face, final grade: A
  • F.U.N is B.O.R.I.N.G, Culture schock was better.

F.U.N = Never mind this episode was made, extremely U.N.F.U.N. Where did the jokes go? What kind of SpongeBob is this?! I don't get it. Being a friend with an enemy?! o.O SpongeBob was Naive in this episode, and i don't like it. Well, it's great about the friendship, and i knew Plankton was tricking SpongeBob, and that was a mistake he'll never redo.

Bottom Line: N.O.T F.U.N -10/+10

Culture Schock: Better one, Mr. Krabs decides to have a talent show to get more money. Squidward doesn't seem to have any talent. SpongeBob was a much better, Squidward tried to do the same thing as spongebob, but it didn't work. Anyway, i like this one, more than the other one. Bottom Line: Very Funny, 8/10
  • Great episodes, especially F.U.N.

Culture Shock: A great episode. It had some funny moments, like Sandy finding Gary to have "such a way with words", Squidward's dance, Patrick's random laughing, and quite a few others. Great episode, but not as good as the next one...

Score: B+ 8.7/10

F.U.N.: It might seem crazy to mainly like an episode for a song, but the F.U.N. song is so awesome, catchy and classic that I just can't help it. Sure the episode has some funny moments, like this quite hidden one: the couple in the movie says that they'll never be apart, and then Plankton rips the movie screen apart, but the song, along with the general "fun" nature, makes this one pure incredible.
  • I don't care that much for Culture Shock,but I loved F.U.N.

Culture Shock:This episode isn't that good.In fact,it's the first episode in this season that I thought was boring.The only good parts were Pearl's cheerleading for the Krusty Krab and Squidward's dancing.Everything else was just plain uninteresting.Also, why was the audience cheering for Spongebob cleaning the stadium?I did not understand that part.F.U.N:A much more enjoyable episode.The beginning was entertaining,and I liked the plot of Spongebob trying to change Plankton.The storyline had a good flow,and I loved the Fun song too.It was really catchy and the best part of the episode.The only bad part was that the ending was kind of predictable.Overall,this episode is decent.Culture Shock,on the other hand is not one of the best episodes I've seen this season.
  • Only culture shock was unoriginal. F.U.N was one of my favorites.

Culture shock:
    Just plain unoriginal. I dislike this episode in so many ways. Culture shock, culture shock, how do I dislike thee? Let me count the ways 1...2...3...6,770...6,771...6,772. So I hope I made my point. I dont like this episode. It is completely unoriginal. It was boring and insufficient. Avoid this episode. Final Grade:D-

F.U.N.:
    The good episode in this pairing. This is a classic! My favorite part is when they sang the song. I love that song. Even the other kids at my school are singing it sometimes. That song is a song I will never forget about. Final grade:A-.
  • Now these episodes were tremendously fantastic!

I loved Culture Shock! I did kinda feel bad for Squidward, but it was still a great episode! Besides I thought it was funny how the crowd kept rooting for SpongeBob and not Squidward! Maybe that means Squidward will learn for another possible future talent show to respect SpongeBob first! And then maybe he'll have better luck next time! Well anyway, this was a great episode, I liked all the cool talents each of the main characters were assigned! Gary did poetry in Snail Language, Pearl did cheerleading, Plankton did magic, but tried to steal a krabby patty! SpongeBob of course was the star of the show! Everybody somehow loved his mopping duties on stage! So in all this was a fantastic episode which features a great talent show at the Krusty Krab! As for F.U.N. that also was a pretty good episode, it features a famous song! F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and me, N is for anywhere anytime at all, down here in the deep blue sea! SpongeBob teaches Plankton the true meaning of friendship! But in the line of business and their own restaurants, Plankton in the end still wants that krabby patty secret formula, because Plankton thinks that being evil is too much fun! This episode also shows Bubble Bass! And some jelly beans!
  • Now these, I like.

When I think of classic, these episodes come to mind.

Cultre Shock: This episode has a lot of funny parts. Even Sandy had a funny line. The Squidward dance was disturbing, which is what made it hillarious! But I admit SpongeBob cleaning the floor being the big act was retarded. Once again, Patrick was funny, when he randomly laughs at everything.

F.U.N.: B!tchin'. This episode pwns. Plankton is an awesome character, and this episode truely shows it off. It not only was funny, but that song, it's like a drug. F is for friends who....AHHHHHHH!!!!! Arggh I just can't stop it!!!!!!
  • This was a good. I liked both episodes.

Culture Shock: A

This was great.It was awesome. I loved it, and it was funny. I really liked it, and it was funny. I liked the Talent Show. It was cool and great.

- - - - - -- - - - - -- - - - - -- - - - -

F.U.N: A

I like this one. I liked the song. It was great. I really liked the part when Plankton was singing. It was funny. The no friends zone ws awesome!

- - - -- - - - -- - - - - -- - - - -- - - - Total: A

This episode was great. I loved both of the parts!
  • Above average. Good episodes, but they could've been so much better.

Well, these episodes are letdowns. Mainly F.U.N. They start off great, but get bad. Quickly. I loved the start of F.U.N, but after that stupid "For he's a jolly good rookie" part, I started to get bored. The song was fun, and good to listen to, but the episode was boring. Culture Shock started brilliant, and was fantastic. Until Squidward did his act. The audience were horrible, Squidwards dancing was appaling, and was just to creepy to be enjoyed in my opinion.

So, in Culture Shock, Squidward hosts a talent show, and it doesn't go to well, until SpongeBob starts cleaning up after. I mean WTF?! does that make ANY sense?! Didn't think so. :-/

In F.U.N, SpongeBob teaches Plankton what fun is, and Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob he's just using him. Turns out he is. Predictable, boring, but not as bad as some others.
  • 2 more hillarious episodes from this wonderful show.

Culture Shock:
    On the Top 5 Season 1 Episodes list for sure. It's fantastic. The Krusty Krab is deserted. No customers! Squidward suggets a talent show, and we see performances from Pearl, Gary, Plankton and of course, Squidward. (cue that wicked music that plays when they show the neon sign with 'Squidward Live'). But no one likes his act, and they throw tomatoes from the free salad bar, which Mr. Krabs puts a $1 price on each tomato. So SpongeBob, the cleaner, cleans up the mess, and everyone loves him. Krabs has become even more rich from the salad bar, and I am in stitches every time. CLASSIC!

Grade: A+
    5/5

F.U.N.:
    Plankton is upset after being called a loser and being flicked away when he fails to steal the formula. SB teaches Plankton what "Fun" is, and they become good friends..But of course it's all an act, and after SpongeBob finds the patty in Plankton's pocket (not that he has one :P ) he is very shocked, and upset. But Krabs is okay, because Plankton fails to get away again. It also includes a classic song and BUBBLE BASS! YEAH, HE'S BACK FOR A SHORT PART! :o

Grade: A
    4.5/5

I can't wait until they bring back the ability to give exact ratings (like 9.8, 2.6, 1.1 etc)
  • Great episode.

I think that Culture Shock was better than F.U.N. Culture Shock was about Mr. Krabs wanting to earn more money, he then opens up a talent show, thanks to Squidward. Lots of people perform in it, including Gary, Plankton, Pearl, and some others. The grand finale was Squidward, he did some dance moves. They hated him and started throwing tomatoes at him. When Spongebob came out and starting mopping the stage, the crowd loved it for some weird reason. Gary sang a song, Plankton made a Krabby Patty "disappear", and Pearl acted like a cheerleader. In F.U.N., Spongebob feels bad for Plankton, so he starts hanging out with him. Mr. Krabs was on to Plankton, he didn't trust him, Spongebob did. They made up a song together, also. At the end, Plankton and Spongebob go to the movies, where Plankton has a Krabby Patty. He steals it and runs, but Mr. Krabs gets him immediately. Overall, I give episode an 8.6.
  • spongebob explains fun to plankton.

it was ok.
    it didnt really portray spongebob that much but it was still above average.
    the old episodes portray spongebob better, until the new one came and kinda ruined it.
    i hope they go back to the past and keep it that way.
    the old one is way better!
    and the animation is diffferent everyday for some reason.
    ha
    ha
    and so i think they can do a better job for spongebob;
    after they can!
    so i wish they keep that in consideration.
    and spongebob will last forever.
    it is still my favorite and i still laugh out loud watching spongebob.
    and i will forever/
    SPONGEBOB FOREVER!!!!
    yay!!
    and plzz make newer episodes!
    the end.
    thank you!
  • Culture Shock was awesome! :)

• F is for Friends who do stuff together...

Ok, so lets start with "Culture Shock." It's a pretty good episode in all. Poor Squidward, and he thought he was going to be the hit. Absolutely LOVE the part when their, Spongebob and Squidward, are behind the curtains and Squidward sticks out a tenticle and nothing, the he sticks out one of Spongebobs hand and the crowd cheers. LMAO. How funny is that?!

So, F.U.N. One of my absolute favorite episode! I remember when I was in High School...singing this with my best friend. God, what dorks! The song is what makes it...and then *Laughs* when Plankton sang 'his' version of it. LOL. F is for Fire that burns down the whole town...and so on.

In all, love these episode...of course, I love F.U.N. more.
    ~Snyder~
  • The Fun Song. (sung by Plankton)

One of my mothers favorite songs.
    Plankton: F is for fire that burns down the whole town
    U is for uranium... BOBMS!
    N is for no survivors... WHEN YOUR...

Just soo funny. I wish Spongebob hadn't cut him off though.
    I also like the final verse of the real fun song that changes up the lyrics.

F is for frolic through all the flowers
    U is for you ka lay lee
    N is for nose pickin, chewin gum, and sand lickin here with my best buddy.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
    Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
    Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.

And there are the good lyrics once again. As I'm sure there are at least 10,000,000 on the internet. And many more parodies!
  • fun

FUN:fun was about planton tries to get the krabby secrt fromleun by being spongebob's friend.but when playing with jelly fish he real whyis that he realy just wanted a friend. but at the movies whyiss there watch the movies planton get's crush by bubble bas. then gets bubble bas off by throwing a jellybean.then spongebob looks in plankton's pocket and finds a krabby patty. so plankton tries to smooth talk and tries to run away with a krabby patty but slams in the wall. so the krabby patty secrt fromunla is safe yeah sponge bob you rock. bye see ya
< 1 2