SpongeBob SquarePants

Demolition Doofus / Face Freeze

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Jul 21, 2012 on Nickelodeon

5.6
  • Face Freeze is an okay episode, but I hate Demolition Doofus. I understand Mrs. Puff hates SpongeBob, but trying to kill him?! REALLY?!?!

Honestly, the writers are really abusing the characters. I really hate how every show abuse their characters, by trying to change their personalities and ruin their image. When I become a writer, I will never change the characters.
  • this episode is perfect

face freeze is my number 1 fave.
  • Demolition Doofus was a Demolition Disappointment but Face Freeze was Face Funny

Most people think that the worst SpongeBob episode is Little Yellow Book, but I disagree. I think that Demolition Doofus is the worst episode, even though I truly love SpongeBob. I did not like Demolition Doofus because both SpongeBob and Mrs. Puff were unlikable. As much as I hate to dis SpongeBob, I thought he was OOC when he called Mrs. Puff "Mrs. Pop" after crippling her. That is one of the very few times when I want to punch SpongeBob. That does NOT mean that I rooted for Mrs. Puff to kill SpongeBob. I do agree with many people, that Mrs. Puff went to far. SpongeBob does NOT deserve to be murdered.

Even so, I still feel bad for Mrs. Puff because she probably did not know what she was doing and as for SpongeBob I almost felt bad for him, as he was about to get killed. Speaking of him, while I do agree that the "Mrs. Pop" joke was insensitive, he did bring her flowers and tried making Mrs. Puff feel better. Maybe SpongeBob did not mean to be a jerk. Sometimes I can be a jerk without meaning it. I still think that the writers could have made him more compassionate.

Even though I did not like this episode, it did have its moments. I laughed when the doctor tranquilized Mrs. Puff and SpongeBob and there were cool derby scenes. I kind of laughed when Mrs. Puff entered the derby as "The Huff". I also liked the idea of Mrs. Puff losing her puff.

Overall this episode is below average. I give it a 4/10.

I can see why people hate Face Freeze, now. When I first saw it I thought it was disturbing but I got used to it. I thought the faces SpongeBob and Patrick made were funny but weird. The story Mr. Krabs told makes me think of Miley Cyrus (because the guy and Miley both stick out their tongues). I also thought it was funny when SpongeBob was trying to hide the fact him and Patrick were making faces. My only problem was the ending. I kind of wish that SpongeBob's and Patrick's face would return to normal, but oh well. I give this episode an 9/10.
  • What is with these writers?

Since face freeze is the more gross out themed one, let's get that out of the way first. To me it was just another gross out episode but it was so boring. But aside form being boring it was a rip off of a good episode, Hooky. Plus, the gross out was meant for kids, but it went above and beyond splinter level gross out and made it worse because those faces will give kids nightmares for days. But for me the real stinker was Demolition Doofus. Why is it the real stinker you may ask? Let's start with the elephant in the room, Spongebob is taking no consideration for Mrs. Puff's safety before he crippled her. After her inflation sac is ruptured he calls her Mrs. Popped and even says at one point she looks better that way. Yeah, way to say that people are better looking when they're crippled ya sponge douche. Then when Mrs. Puff hears about the demolition derby she wants him to participate so he can die. Yeah writers you're making us sympathize with a murderer to some degree. Making Mrs. Puff a psychopath does not redeem Spongebob. In fact at one point she asks "Why are you still ALIVE!?" Yeah, she really wants him dead. Near the end of the episode, Puff tries to attempt murder and lo and behold she's no longer crippled when she crashes again. Writers, why would you do this?
  • Face Freeze Was Not As Bad As Everyone Says

Well I really didn't like Demolition Doofus, I mainly wanted to give my thoughts on what is often considered to be one of the worst episodes of SpongeBob, Face Freeze. To be honest, I didn't find this episode as bad as everyone makes it out to be. It's not really good but I have some legit stuff. I has a decent message of trying to get children to not misbehave. SpongeBob and Patrick do as what they are told not to do and have to face the consequences for it. Lot's of people also complain about Mr. Krabs story not making any sense but, It's at least credible unlike his story in The Main Drain. The story tells of a guy that liked to be mean to everyone by making faces at them. Then one day when he stuck his tounge out it froze and he couldn't move it anymore. Sandy is a big help in this episode too because she actually doesn't say it as a joke. Most people also complain about the no helmets in her tree dome, but I may have some reasons. Sandy wouldn't be able to work on their faces if they had the helmets on, and it looked like through at least SpongeBob's that it wouldn't fit in the helmet. Well I do agree that the ending sucks and that there's not a whole lot of comedy. Not every animated thing is supposed to be funny (ex: Watership Down) but many people complain because SpongeBob is usually a comedy show. I think the ending could have been better. I think it should have just been SpongeBob and Patrick and not have Mr. Krabs and Squidward get it too. Lots of people also crap on this episode for being disgusting and distrurbing, but to be honest I thought the faces where more strange than gross. I personally think that the face that SpongeBob made in WhoBob WhatPants was more disgusting than the faces in this episode. In there you see a snot bubble come out of his nose too. You can call me crazy all you want as well as MoBrosStudios and the other people who could say good things about this episode, but I don't care. This episode I thought was far off from being the worst episode of SpongeBob. I think Many of the new SpongeBob specials are worse as well as A Pal For Gary, House Fancy, The Splinter, To Love A Patty, Greasy Buffoons, Sun Bleached, One Course Meal, Plankton's Regular, and lots more others were a lot worse. I also thought that the sister episode Demolition Doofus was a lot worse.
  • Two stinkers together! Like that hasn't happened to SpongeBob before.

I really don't have anything new to add, but that these episodes are AWFUL. Mrs. Puff is now a villain and this episode should go at TV Tropes under Villainous Breakdown. She's lost ALL her sanity! The worst part is you actually want her to win because they made SpongeBob so annoying in this episode. And yes, I DO think Face Freeze was even worse, and a ripoff of Hooky. It also was like The Main Drain which was another awful episode.

Grades: 0.0 for both.

UPDATE ON FEBRUARY 2 (originally posted last year on July 19): Nick has an upcoming show called Breadwinners that airs in 20 days. Today I found the pilot on YouTube and showed it to my family. EVERYONE HATED IT! They all said it was the worst thing they'd seen in their lives. And that includes The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure (2012), Spider's Web: A Pig's Tale (2006), and Rabbids Invasion. So I won't be surprised when Breadwinners gets a 1.9 just like Marvin Marvin here at and Spider's Web: A Pig's Tale at IMDb. My Aunt said I should rate it as low as possible just to get the score down. Unfortunately, the lowest one can rate is 1, unless you are a prolific author. I have been working on that for months (6 plus months), so I can rate stuff like Marvin Marvin, Fred: The Show, and The Oogieloves a 0.0. Breadwinners is next on my "to rate 0.0 once I can" list.

UPDATE ON FEBRUARY 18: Breadwinners premiered yesterday. I have reviewed it. It's bad but not as bad as Sanjay and Craig.
  • Face Freeze was a rip off

Demolition Doofus was awful! Why would Mrs. Puff want to KILL Spongebob? I know he is annoying but he doesn't mean it. Mrs. Puff was cruel in that one. 1/10

Face Freeze- That was a rip off of Hooky. They do faces in the Krusty Krab, Mr. Krabs tells them to stop and they do it anyway. It wasn't even that funny. 4/10
  • Well...

5.5
    I was honestly shocked at how ms puff went as far as to attempt to kill spongebob! only because its a kids show... its feels like krusty krushers but with a homicidal ms puff... as for face freeze... its stupid humor... what else can I say? overall not horrible but pretty deserving of a 5.5 F+
  • i hate them both

Demolition doofus was bad, there was no good humor, all the episode is about is mrs. puff hoping sponge bob would die. 2/10

Face freeze was even worse, this episode is a terrible ripoff of hooky basically, spongebob and patrick make stupid faces, mr krabs warns them not to do it, they do it behind his back, mr krabs finds out they did it, hooky much? you decide. 1/10
  • Call me stupid, but I prefer Face Freeze.

Now, I know what you're all probably thinking. "Why do you like Face Freeze over Demolition Doofus?" Well, the answer is... I thought it was funnier. The following is a summary of the episodes and my opinion on them.

Demolition Doofus: When SpongeBob failed his boating test, Mrs. Puff burst when he hit a lighthouse. She is told she couldn't puff again, and she blames SpongeBob. When SpongeBob carries Mrs. Puff down the halls, they discover there's a demolition competition that is going on, and Mrs. Puff enters SpongeBob. Known as 'The Squish', SpongeBob surprisingly demolishes all of the other (stronger) demolishers. Because of this, Mrs. Puff gets angry and goes to demolish him himself. During the chase, they crash into her boating school, and Mrs. Puff could puff again. Everything is back to normal. I thought this episode was rather decent, and funny in some ways. Like the part where SpongeBob destroys the demolishers.

Face Freeze: SpongeBob and Patrick are making faces at the Krusty Krab, when Mr. Krabs discovers this. He tells the boys a story about a fish who liked to make a certain face, which froze on him after doing it so many times. Mr. Krabs then warns them to not make anymore faces. They try to, but they quickly start to make faces again. They then come up with a challenge to see who can make a face for the longest time. This turns into sleeping with the face. When they wake up, they find out that they have the face freeze. So they go to Sandy for help. She tries, but it doesn't look good. But SpongeBob still has to work, but he has to hide from Mr. Krabs. After trying so hard, Mr. Krabs suddenly discovers it. He discovers Patrick's freeze too, and he gets so angry that he himself has the face freeze. Squidward comes in, and he finds these faces funny, so he laughs so hard that he gets the face freeze. I liked this episode because the faces they made were very funny. I liked it a lot.

In overall, I give this episode an 8.
  • While we ALL know how much I HATE Demolition Doofus, I actually found Face Freeze decent, although it couldn't bring up the average.

I'm not even going to bother with Demolition Doofus; If you've read my forum posts, you KNOW this is my LEAST favorite episode EVER.

Okay, now with that out of the way, onto Face Freeze.

I honestly don't get much of the hate for this one. While most of the faces are pretty morbid and/or disgusting, Just look at the following episodes and you'll forget ALL about how morbid these faces are.

- The Splinter

- Pet or Pests

- To Love a Patty

- Battle of Bikini Bottom

- Curse of the Hex

- Donut of Shame.

Got the faces out of your head now? Good, now as I was saying.... I feel this episode was WAY too underrated, and most importantly, I feel people are way too overreactive with this episode. IT'S A FREAKING CARTOON! Don't be so dramatic over an 11-minute not-so comedic comedy! Anyways, I found the episode decent, but it WASN'T enough to bring up the Average.

Demolition Doofus: 0/10

Face Freeze: 6.5/10

Average: 4/10 F
  • I understand why people are hating on these episodes, but I did enjoy them

Even though it would've been too late, I just wanted to show what I actually feel about these two episodes:

Demolition Doofus: This one was the better episode of the pairing. Now, before I begin, I just wanted to talk about the hatred of Mrs. Puff. While I do think she it took a bit too far to the point where she would actually kill him, look at it from her side. Several times during the series, SpongeBob destroys her classroom, puts her in the hospital and injures her, causes her to go to jail several times while he goes off scot-free, and in this episode, wrecks her to an extent that she can't be her normal self, or at least presumed by the fish doctor. So doesn't it kind of make sense that she would want to kill him? Anyways, in this episode, SpongeBob fails his driving test while wounding Mrs. Puff to an extent that she can no longer "puff" anymore; this drives Mrs. Puff mad to a point that she actual puts him in a demolition derby so he can die. SpongeBob accepts, believing it to be "extra For the record, I actually thought that this was a great episode. There was a lot of jokes that I enjoyed, such as the part where SpongeBob actually helped Squidward with his guard, and when the doctor gave SpongeBob and Mrs. Puff vaccines to relax them. Although I do believe she did take it a bit too far when actually trying to kill SpongeBob, and although the ending was a bit rushed, it was a great episode with an outstanding plot as well as great action sequences.

FINAL SCORE: 9/10 Superb

Face Freeze: At first, I enjoyed this episode a bit because I liked all the goofy faces they were making, but at some point, I started becoming bored and even disturbed with the faces they were making. In this episode, when Mr. Krabs catches SpongeBob and Patrick making weird faces, he tells them the story of a man whose face froze after making it 400 times. As a result, SpongeBob and Patrick stop making faces - or at least they try to. After making a bunch of faces, they decide to put Mr. Krabs' myth to the test; however, they end up with the same exact results as the man in the story, and look for help. While I do appreciate the goofy and interesting plot as well as the originality, there wasn't much more going for me. There weren't very many parts that were funny, and at times, some of the faces they were making were actually pretty creepy - even for a 15 year old like me. Not to mention the rushed ending, but that's not much new going there. Overall, a good episode, but one that lacked humor for the most part.

FINAL SCORE: 7/10 Good
  • Whatever Respect you have for Mrs.Puff will vanish in a blink of an eye.

Face Freeze: So basically SpongeBob and Patrick make a bet on who can hold a "funny face" the longest but things aren't good when their faces actually freeze and stay that way.But not just Spongebob and Patrick end up with the "face freeze" but Squidward and Mr.Krabs do too. This episode has a childlike, but scary plot and in some cases it works but here, it just doesn't. But not only that, some of the faces Spongebob and Patrick make are alittle over-the top and may scare some of the younger viewers. The only part I really enjoyed was Mr.Krabs story about the "face freeze" I don't know why but I found that funny, and thats about it.

Final Grade: 6.5 out of 10 [D+ "Mediorce"]

Demolition Doofus: After Spongebob fails his drivers test (again), Mrs.Puff is sent to the hospitial and is told she'll never puff again. Enraged, Mrs.Puff decides to get rid of Spongebob by entering him a demoliton derby, so he will be murdered by the other competition. This is where I draw the line for Mrs.Puff. So anyways, Spongebob is entered in as "the squish" and his natural bad driving allows him to quickly deafeat the other competition. After wondering why he's still alive, Mrs.Puff enters the competition as "the huff." Things go out of hand and they drive out of the arena and into Mrs.Puff's Boating School which, then collapses.

Final Grade: 7.5 out of 10 [C+ "Ok"]
  • One was great, the other was ok

Demolition Doofus: This was a great episode of SpongeBob. It had funny moments and had a good plot. This went great with the Super Spongy Square Games. One thing I didn't like about the episode was how Mrs.Puff acted. After I watched this episode I saw her true colors and on how she wanted SpongeBob dead. Not cool, but other than that this episode was great.

Face Freeze: This is one I didn't enjoy much. I found it very weird and not really all that funny. The faces that they put were just so.........Ugly! This one definetly dropped the score for these 2 episodes.
  • Apparently, you either like or don't like these episodes...I don't like them

Okay, I'll be honest, I haven't seen all of "Demolition Doofus." However, in my opinion, I've seen enough to give a fair analysis.

It's no secret that the more recent episodes with Mrs. Puff as a main character, she's been shown as less and less of a sympathetic character. At first, it was easy to feel sorry for her: she had to put up with SpongeBob constantly failing his driving test. But even so, she was still affable to SpongeBob and willing to help him when he needed it.

But this episode...there was one line in particular I heard from the snippet I saw of this episode, and boy, was it a doozy. In summary, Mrs. Puff enters SpongeBob in a demolition derby, where he ends up winning because of his bad driving. But as SpongeBob is avoiding being crushed with pure dumb luck, a clearly angry Mrs. Puff yells "Why are you still alive?"

And...just like that, any sympathy I had left for Mrs. Puff was gone. At first, it seemed like she only saw SpongeBob as a small annoyance. But now, he's such a problem to her that she wants him dead. Even with how much the show itself has decayed over the years, that's...pretty sadistic.

"Face Freeze" wasn't much better for me. Basically, the whole episode is about SpongeBob and Patrick making disgusting faces, and eventually their faces stick. Uh huh. Another episode showcasing how stupid and childish SpongeBob and Patrick can be, just like "Hide and Then What Happens," another terrible episode.

The "manchild" thing was cute for the movie. But now...well, let's just say I know twelve-year-olds who act more mature than SpongeBob and Patrick combined, and leave it at that.

I wasn't impressed with this episode. Thumbs-down.
  • You will lose 100% respect for Mrs. Puff after watching the episode "Demolition Doofus" and SpongeBob and Patrick's faces freeze in the episode "Face Freeze"

Demolition Doofus: Mrs. Puff enters SpongeBob in a Demolition Derby but his bad driving makes him a star. These pairings are NOT Season 9 episodes like "Extreme Sports" and "Squirrel Record" (episodes that started off Season 9). These are still Season 8 episodes so don't get confused and you can also tell since they are NOT in HD like the Season 9 Premieres that aired along with these pairings. Anyways, I really liked this episode and it was enjoyable. In fact, I actually LOVE the episode and would give it a 10 out of 10 if there wasn't one major problem that ruined my score for the episode. my score is still very good but yeah. Honestly, all I can say is that if the people give beyond low ratings for this episode then I understand why. My one major problem with this episode was Mrs. Puff. I have NOT liked Mrs. Puff in the newer episodes and I somehow dislike her the more episodes she appears in and she wasn't that bad. In this episode, however, is where it completely changes. This is the episode where you SpongeBob fans are most likely gonna lose 100% respect for Mrs. Puff because I most certainly did after watching this episode. What really got me angry and bugged me completely was that Mrs. Puff actually wanted to murder SpongeBob in order to get him out of her life forever (I wish it was a joke but it's NOT). In fact, I recommend that parents actually don't let their kids watch this episode. Mrs. Puff was just a complete witch (take away the "w" and add the "b") here and I mean fully. Throughout the whole episode, all she wanted was SpongeBob to be dead. Like in the Demolition Derby scene when SpongeBob is surviving it, she straight up says "Why are you still alive?" (like wow, that is just extremely cruel). I understand that she doesn't like SpongeBob but why does she have to go TOO TOO TOO far to the point that she wants SpongeBob dead. Even in the end, when she got angry that SpongeBob survived the Demolition Derby.... she got a huge monster truck and crashed through the stadium and chasing after SpongeBob in her monster truck while SpongeBob is driving away from her. I wish SpongeBob (sorry to insult you yellow sponge) wasn't so darn stupid, opened his eyes, and realized that Mrs. Puff was really trying to kill him. And top it off, the ending just felt pretty lazy but the ending wasn't really a issue... it was just Mrs. Puff in general so I tried hard not to lower my score even more even though most of you probably think I should lower my score more but yeah, 8 should be fair because I LOVED the storyline. yes, I used the word LOVED because without Mrs. Puff being a huge problem, it would get a 10 out of 10 from me. I just couldn't believe Mrs. Puff, I hope Mrs. Puff (in her next appearance) won't be this cruel or cold-hearted ever again and I don't want to see her like this again. Please writers, think about the kids. As for the positives, I did laugh a fair amount of times. I laughed at the very beginning of the episode when SpongeBob ruining Squidward's garden FOR ONCE was actually a good thing when his "messing up Squidward's garden" turned out to clear it and put carrots in Squidward's basket and Squidward with surprise said "Thanks?". Not only was it funny but it also made me extremely happy that it turned out to be a good deed for Squidward and actually said "Thanks?" to SpongeBob so I hope to see more of that in the future, Mrs. Puff being completely deflated but it also kinda scared me at the same time looking at it throughout the episode, the entire Demolition Derby scene (with the exception of Mrs. Puff's anger that SpongeBob is still alive) was very funny and completely awesome to watch, and probably more. Like I said, Mrs. Puff ruined my score from being a 10 out of 10 when, in general, I was gonna give that. So yeah, I LOVED the storyline, I LOVED the humor, and I LOVED the whole Demolition Derby scene in the second half of the movie, but Mrs. Puff was just unacceptable here. If you don't believe me at all, watch the episode yourself and you'll see how horrible and cold Mrs. Puff was and you might lose respect for her afterwards. Overall, a great episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants"... I HATE you so much though Mrs. Puff, I really do. 8/10

Face Freeze: SpongeBob and Patrick make a bet on who can hold a "funny face" the longest but things aren't good when their faces actually freeze and stay that way. Just like the past episodes "Earworm", "Slide Whistle Stooges", and more.... they are gonna get to the point where some people will either LOVE it or HATE it. From what I saw and had a feeling about it, this episode is a LOVE it or HATE it episode. Some of the SS fans Hate it and some of them Love it. But what do I think? I honestly...... LOVED the episode. What made me loved the episode, though, was the fact that it was a storyline that we've NEVER seen on television before and it was very creative and yet it's a foolish and childish storyline. Even though I am 18 years old (it was recently my birthday on the 13th of July) right now, I laughed my butt watching this episode. Yes, the storyline is different yet very foolish, childish, and scary when you think about it. You already know the storyline to this episode BUT SpongeBob and Patrick make "funny faces" at each other and they eventually have a Face Freeze. This episode doesn't really feel like an episode for kids to watch though (It's not extreme sports themed like the previous three episodes that aired but it's extreme with the funny faces aspect) and some of the "funny faces" that SpongeBob and Patrick make while hilarious are extremely over-the-top and may possibly frighten the younger viewers indeed. But yeah, it's okay some of you hate this episode... I will respect your opinion and it depends on how much it annoys me. I honestly didn't annoy me though. The first 1 or 2 minutes of the episodes was a bit boring but then from there the episode got a whole lot more better. The parts that literally cracked me were the all of the following "funny faces" that SpongeBob and Patrick were making at each other (oh my gosh, they were extreme and weird though), SpongeBob and Patrick freaking out the fishes at Goo Lagoon and then Sandy makes her line "You guys need help", SpongeBob and Patrick's "funny faces" getting stuck, Sandy trying to make massage SpongeBob and Patrick's faces to make it go back to normal but it didn't work at all, and the very ending of the episode when Mr. Krabs got so angry that he had a "face freeze" and Squidward laughed so hard at the funny faces of SpongeBob, Patrick, and Mr. Krabs that his face ended up getting stuck (all four of them had a face freeze in the end), and possibly more. I just cracked me up hard at this episode and it's good to see something completely different to television with a storyline never told on television so that's another reason I loved it so much. All I can say is that out of all the weird SpongeBob episodes that aired in the past, this is like the beyond and without a doubt the most weirdest and possibly scariest (due to some of the "funny faces) episode of SpongeBob that I have ever seen. Overall, it's a LOVE it or HATE it episode... If you love the episode like me than that's awesome but if you hate the episode then I'm so sorry that it disappointed you. A perfect and hilarious end to the 4 brand new episodes that aired to form the 1-hour TV event "The Super Spongy Square Games". 10/10
  • I think people are overacting a bit.

In all spongebob episodes that have Ms.Puff in them I would always feel bad for her and after I watched demolition doofus, my hatred for spongebob's stupidity grew. (unlike most of you). Most of you said that you lost your respect for Ms. Puff after watching demolition doofus, but if someone was to put you in a hospital (like what happened in demolition doofus) wouldnt you be angered beyond your limits? I know I would. Some may say "it was just her air sack that popped, big deal" but you don't know what it's like being a puff fish and losing the puff sack. It could be like a human losing a lung. If someone made you lose your lung, wouldn't you be pissed? SPONGEBOB FACE FREEZE on the other hand is FUNNY AS HELL in my opinion. I was reading a review just minutes ago and someone said that the writers got lazy or whatever, saying that the writers of spongebob got lazy so they decided to stop all the hilarious jokes

(I don't remember any) and they added randomness to the show (he or she hated it). It was a smart move in today's world because randomness is getting popular nowadays. Anyways that's what I think of some other comments and the episodes. Good day XD

• I give it 6 out of ten, and why

Face Freeze was a real funny and insane episode. The end of the episode I believe may be a new internet meme called "Morbid Martian Krabs, or a new entry in the original "Morbid Krabs" craze. I haven't laughed at a Spongebob face that hard since Handsome Squidward, especially since there was more than one funny face in this. I give that exact part 5/5. But I hated Demolition Doofus for a big common reason most others didn't. The episode was a real let down due to Mrs. Puff growing so evil. I liked her character in the first 3 seasons, except for the episode "Doing Time", there wasn't anything too bad about Mrs. Puff until I saw the episode Summer Job. It's just so stupid how mean she gets just because Spongebob wants to talk to her about something. I once felt sorry for her character for unfortunately being forced to be a human airbag for Spongebob's crashes, but it's how mean she's become to him overall that's real annoying. This episode drew the line, to the point where she tried killing him herself! The only part that made me laugh was when she snapped after recovering from the Hospital and strangles Spongebob by the nose. That part was funny, but then she plots to have him killed which just wasn't right for her. Her thought of getting rid of Spongebob is much more evil and menacing then any murder thoughts from Squidward, especially since she attempted her thoughts. I thought the description sounded real funny, It sounded like Mrs. Puff thought Spongebob's reckless driving would give him advantage to be busy driving and preventing her from any more accidents, which I was thinking would be the whole reason she entered him there in the first place..... but I was far too wrong and far too disappointed. I give that half of the episode 1/5. So this whole episode is 6/5
  • not bad episodes. could of been better

both episodes were funny as hell and soo weird to watch. but werent as good as i thought. they werent terrible. but they could of been better
  • Forgot to add jokes.

2.5
    Spongebob used to have witty humor in it that all ages could enjoy. Unfortunately, it seems like the writers are now content with just random explosions, people flying all over and the most simplistic attempts at humor. Where did the jokes go? Even my 5 year old, who is a die hard Spongebob fan, didn't laugh once during these new episodes. I really hope

• These episode had flaws (mainly Face Freeze)

5.5
    Demolition Doofus: Mrs. Puff enters SpongeBob in a Demolition Derby but his bad driving makes him a star. OK, this was a great episode. I try to enjoy it a lot but Mrs. Puff was over the top. After getting infleated, she try to enter SpongeBob in a derby (and wanted him dead). OK, I just found that rude (I won't even imagined if Squidward imagined that same thing as well and I hope scenes like those will not happen again) and Mrs. Puff had been getting too mean to SpongeBob a lot since Summer Job. Otherwise, this episode has a great storyline. I laughed at the very beginning where SpongeBob accidentally made the carrots for Squidward (not surprised...he didn't say thank you in a nice mood though), SpongeBob kept crushing that Mrs. Puff got infleated, SpongeBob kept crushing the drivers, and the ending where Mrs. Puff is back to her old self. Overall, great and enjoyable to watch, but Mrs. Puff got in the way and loses 20 points because of that attutide gave in this episode. 8/10

Face Freeze: SpongeBob and Patrick make a bet on who can hold a "funny face" the longest but things aren't good when their faces actually freeze and stay that way. I'm sorry to say this, but despite the better episodes I've been seeing in season 8, this is such a bad episode of SpongeBob. I just couldn't stand the storyline and those facial expressions (Aaron Springer better not be behind this). Compared to Glove World RIP (which is paired up with this episode) AND Extreme Spots (another SB&P episode), this episode had a lot of annoying parts. SpongeBob and Patrick making those faces was freaking weird and they didn't really made me laugh. Not even that part where they made a lot of noise and of course annoy Squidward. I only laughed three times here (altogether added the score itself) which were the story of the man who kept making faces, the ending with SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs has their faces frozen, and one more part I couldn't recall. Overall, the second worst season 8 episode I've ever seen. Just no annoying SpongeBob and Patrick for awhile. -__- 3/10
  • Demolition Doofus/Face Freeze Episode Review

Demolition Doofus: I will give this episode one thing: it was definitely superior compared to Extreme Spots and the other new episode about the world records. With that being said, I unfortunately was not too fond of the episode after watching it. The episode begins with Spongebob taking his driving test once again and failing almost immediately, and Mrs. Puff gets seriously injured. While in the hospital, Mrs. Puff develops a pathological desire for Spongebob's blood and enters him into a demolition derby. Things don't go according to her plan, as Spongebob involuntarily defeats every combatant that would be capable of crushing him. It is a bit humorous how Spongebob ends up winning, even though he stood no chance. Other than that, the episode is very underwhelming in humor or excitement. It does showcase the true colors of Mrs. Puff, though.

Face Freeze: I found this episode less likable than the first; mainly due to the central plot element. Spongebob and Patrick are dining and conversing at the Krusty Krab and then get into a contest to see who can make the silliest facial expression. Then Mr. Krabs warns the two if they don't stop, they won't be able to return their face to normal. Naturally, they don't listen and the rest plays out from there. That's it. An entire episode devoting to Spongebob and Patrick making faces that aren't remotely amusing. Don't really bother with this one; it's just not worth the time.

FINAL GRADES: