SpongeBob SquarePants

Ditchin' / Dear Vikings

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Nov 28, 2008 on Nickelodeon

7.6
  • Two enjoyable episodes to watch BUT I thought "Ditchin'" was a little better than "Dear Vikings"

Dear Vikings: I thought that this was a great episode. It kind of didn't make sense to me because why would vikings be underwater? BUT oh well... I guess the writers wanted to be a little creative and make something fiction. I thought it was great that Ian McShane guest starred in this episode as the voice of Gordon because he is a great actor. I thought it was interesting when SpongeBob wanted to know what vikings are. I thought Squidward telling SpongeBob the story of what vikings do was very funny. SpongeBob writing a letter to the vikings was very funny. I thought it was plain hilarious when all of the vikings' names were Olive except for one viking whose name is Gordon. The vikings flinging that one viking out of the ship with the catapult was also funny. I thought it was also great when SpongeBob used his absorbentness to save the vikings' ship from sinking at the end of the episode. My score was just a little low because this episode had some parts that just kind of dragged and the plot could have improved just a little more. Overall, this was a great episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". 8.5/10

Ditchin': In my opinion, I thought that this episode was a little better than "Dear Vikings". I thought it was interesting when Patrick convinced SpongeBob to ditch one day of boating school so they can get their comic books signed by MermaidMan and BarnacleBoy. I thought it was funny when Patrick was drinking all of the water bottles from SpongeBob's refrigerator. MermaidMan and BarnacleBoy's appearances in this episode were also funny even though they were only in this episode for a minute or so. I thought it was funny that Spongebob was the 100th customer and that he can eat all of the free ice cream he wants. I thought SpongeBob and Patrick playing a game of Badminton with Sandy and their friend Dale was very interesting to watch. It was funny that there was a fish that was getting arrested for eating gummy fishes because he's eating his own kind. The Bikini Bottom HugFest scene was also very funny. SpongeBob bringing the key back to Mrs. Puff was also very interesting. My score is just a little low because I thought the plot could have been a little better and I kind of didn't like the ending. Overall, this was a superb episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". 9/10

Note: marebear2009 requested me to review this episode.