SpongeBob SquarePants

Drive Thru / The Hot Shot

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Jul 19, 2011 on Nickelodeon

• Really, REALLY generic, but had a few strongpoints.

Let me just tell you now, Spongebob is NOT going downhill. It's had its highpoints, and its lowpoints, but you can't just bash on it for being gener- *Sees episode* Alright.... I see your point.

Yes, this episode is HIGHLY forgettable, and it has its fair share of Squidward abuse (Fish chewing on Squidwards Arm, Pearl's Prank), But, in all seriousness, it was generic. Also, this episode isn't NEARLY as bad as other episodes ( DEMOLITION DOOFUS and Restraining Spongebob), but, like I said before, this episode is ABSOLUTELY NOT bad, it's just forgettable. And the ending; Well, Mr. Krabs got what he deserved for being cheap. BUT, this episode, despite how generic it is, was actually Okay.

7/10 C-
  • This episode was boring

Alright, this episode was boring. I can't remember much about this episode. It's because it's boring. Writers, this episode had the potential to be a good one, but you turned it into a borefest. I think you need to redo this episode.

5 E-
  • ...Meh.

I couldn't help that something was just...off about this episode. Every time I watch it, something about it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

First of all, this episode does not help my overall negative viewpoint of Mr. Krabs. He is so cheap, he tries to use toothpaste to repair the Krusty Krab, and even rejects the professional drive-through supplies that SpongeBob got (and probably paid for) in favor of tin-can walkie-talkies, a menu written on a dirty napkin, and an old noodle for a "sign." Simply because Krabs' supplies are free. -_- Yeah.

But another thing that's always bothered me about this episode is the part with the cop. At first, it seems like Mr. Krabs is going to get in trouble for the backed-up drive-through, but instead the cop orders food and flashes his badge, saying "I don't wait in lines." Mr. Krabs gives him his food at no charge. So...the lesson here is if you're a cop, you're entitled to use threats and your badge to get whatever you want?

Overall, this wasn't a very good episode. Just when I think Mr. Krabs can't get any cheaper, he does. At this point, I can't tell if he's just really that cheap, or just an idiot.
  • Eh, this is a good enough Spongebob.

OK this episode is about Mr. Crabs using a hole in his restaraunt to use a s a drive through. I thought this was a good episode of Spongebob, it wasn't as good as Accidents will Happen but it was enjoyable. Now the storyline wasn't great, but it wasn't bad. I did like the idea of this episode but i think they could've done something different and it could've been better. And there was another flaw there were a boring scene or two and Mr. Crabs was being his annoying self on money. Now this episode wasn't that bad i mean its not bad that i won't watch it again if there isn't anything else good on. Now there some funny moments. Like when the old man ran over Plankton a lot. And I remember myself laughing one more time in this episode I forgot which part. Anyway overall 7/10.
  • Good episode, but the plot is just boring.

After a hole gets busted into the Krusty Krab, Mr. Krabs decides to use it as a drive-thru. But soon, the Krusty Krab employees begin to run into problems with the new drive-thru window. Will Mr. Krabs be able to solve everything? I thought this episode was very good. I use to give it s 7.5, but then I change the score by five points. It is better than Accidents Will Happen which was kinda gross but not a bad episode. I liked the plot (even though it was used in Driven to Tears but we only saw it for a minute) but the huge problem was that the drive thru was made as a hole in the wall. I liked the drive thru version better in Driven to Tears (briefly shown though). There aren't very much funny parts but I laughed when the old man squashed Plankton (I liked his role as well), the mayor want to eat at the Krusty Krab, and when the place got destroyed. I didn't liked Pearl's part at all because it wasn't even funny. Overall, a great episode. 8/10
  • ALL I CAN SAY IS AMAZING!!!!!!!

This episode is so amazing!!!!!! It was so funny I almost pissed my pants. I love this episode one of my favorites evar.This was one of the greatest spongebob episodes ever!! I loved this episode it was the funniest thing ever. This is so funny ever. I love this episode maybe the funniest ever in the the season. The best episode in the season by far i love this episode.

• great

8.5 out of 10

• silly name. funny episode

Mr. Krabs finds a creative use for a hole in the wall of his restaurant: He transforms it into a drive-through window.

now i jus wanna point this out that this episode was like a one point story, in other words it had the drive thru and thats it. the story about what happens when they used it.
    to end a weird confusing review this episode was not as good as the accidents will happen episode. this episode was very funny and had a great moment with plankton and the old guy XD
    but the episode was not as epic. not a pooor episode
    i give it a B
  • Great episode but not as good as "Accidents Will Happen"

This was a great episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants" but it's not the best Season 8 episode I've seen and it wasn't as good as yesterday's new episode "Accidents Will Happen". I don't know why they had an episode about the drive thru in the first place since Mr. Krabs already got a drive thru in "Driven To Tears". There really was nothing much in this episode so I don't know what to say because there really isn't much to say. There weren't any subplots or anything, it only focused on one plot which is the plot about the drive thru (of course). I didn't laugh in this episode. I only laughed when that old man ran over Plankton once and then ran over Plankton two more times later on. Plankton's part in this episode was good as well. The rest of the episode was handled pretty well but some of the parts were kind of boring. This episode wasn't as bad as most of you probably expected though. Larry the Lobster's part in this episode was good. I hated Pearl and her friends doing their prank on Squidward though and I did feel bad for Squidward in that part. Overall, this episode wasn't as good as "Accidents Will Happen" and it was kind of boring but it's a pretty great episode for the most part. 8/10