SpongeBob SquarePants

Dying for Pie / Imitation Krabs

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Dec 28, 2000 on Nickelodeon

• Perfect

The nice, good old episodes of SpongeBob.
  • Classic episodes

Aired today at 10 pm.
  • I disagree with some parts of the review below this

First off, Season 5 was the 3rd worst in my opinion

Season 4 was better

But oh well

Dying For Pie: and then he starts crying as he says "one"

This is my 7th favorite episode, good job old Sponge

DYING FOR PIE: 8.8/10

Imitation Krabs: Nice, but not as good as his partner episode, Dying For Pie

IMITATION KRABS: 7.2/10

OVERALL: 8.5/10
  • Dying for Pie seemed like season 4 while Imitation Krabs was pretty much awesome.

Dying For Pie: This one didn't suck all that much just like season 4. That says all. 6/10

Imitation Krabs: This one was better. I loved it. It almost seemed like season 5 (the best season ever). 10/10.
  • Good episodes

Dying for pie: a classic episode that always keeps me entertained, I like how Squidward actually CARES about Spongebob in this episode. I also found the activities funny . this was a great episode. "GARY YOU ARE GOING TO FINISH YOU'R DESSERT AND YOU'RE GONNA LIKE IT!!!!!"

Imitation Krabs: this episode was OK, but it was an average Plankton episode, so I don't have much to say about it.

rating: 9.5/10 A
  • The Best Pair of Season 2

Dying For Pie: A very hilarious and classic episode! I loved almost every scene, even the ones with the sad scenes. Some funny parts would be when Spongebob is giving the customer food and explodes, or the scene where Squidward gets hit by the kids, and many other scenes. A memorable episode, that sure beats any season 1 episode.

Imitation Krabs: Not entirely as good as Imitation Krabs, but still cool. I liked the music when Spongebob was questioning Mr. Krabs, or scenes like that. It's funny because almost every funny scene worked!

10/10
  • Great pair, but boring in either of them

Dying for Pie: I liked/laughed at Squidward's dream, Spongebob (both of his tears and some itchy one), the pie exploding parts of KK, SpongeBob doing stuffs for Squidward, Mr. Krabs on the thought then SB said hi, Squidward counting the sunset and the last part. I didn't laugh very much in this episode. It was just boring in the beginning. Overall score 9/10.

Imitation Krabs: I only laughed at SpongeBob putting a man's disguise, Squidward getting a day off, "I will not let you down,". Plankton as robot Krabs, the robot turns into a toaster, SpongeBob trying to know the real Mr. Krabs and Hans eating Mr. Krabs. This episode was boring in some of the parts, I kinda enjoyed the episode and plot. Overall score 8/10
  • perfect

Dying for Pie:
    Squidward buys SpongeBob a pie bomb and thinks that he ate it. So Squidward spends time with him while he "lives."

10 out of 10

• great

What I liked (Dying for Pie)- Squidward spending the day with Spongebob, Squidward remembering what Krabs said, and Spongebob saying hi to him, and him walking off crying, Spongebob crying over the sweater.

What I liked (Imitation Krabs)- Plankton as the robot krabs laughing and having the Krusty Krab sign fall on him, the ending of the episode.

Both were good, but I honestly felt Spongebob was a bit TOO stupid in Imitation Krabs which brings my score down a little. Both were good plots and had funny parts but I just can't help but feel Spongebob acts a little too stupid here. Still worthy of a B or so as a final grade
  • Two classic episodes that always make my day

Dying for Pie: I thought that this was an excellent episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". This episode also happens to be my brother's favorite episode (right next to "Band Geeks"). The plot to this whole episode was absolutely hilarious. It was funny when SpongeBob made Squidward a sweater made out of his eyelashes. Squidward buying a pie from the pirates to give SpongeBob was very funny but Squidward didn't know that it was a BOMB pie which SpongeBob ate and Mr. Krabs and Squidward fear that it could be SpongeBob's last day to live so Squidward wants to give SpongeBob the best last day ever. All of the things that SpongeBob had on his fun list or something like that for him and Squidward to do together was absolutely hilarious especially the scene with SpongeBob introducing Squidward everywhere in Bikini Bottom. It was turned out that SpongeBob didn't eat the BOMB pie and saved it for him and Squidward to share until it exploded everywhere in the Bikini Bottom (that was the ending and it was hilarious). Overall, this is what I call a "CLASSIC" episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". 10/10

Imitation Krabs: Just like "Dying for Pie", this was a "CLASSIC" episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants" that made me laugh so hard. That "Plankton" "Krabs" "Plankton" "Krabs"... "SpongeBob" scene in the beginning of the episode was very funny. It was funny when Plankton went inside the robot Mr. Krabs so he can steal the krabby patty secret formula. SpongeBob being gullible and thinking that robot Krabs is the actual Mr. Krabs was very funny. SpongeBob and Plankton (in robot Krabs) doing the Bikini Bottom National Anthem with chocolate milk on their heads was very funny. SpongeBob giving a test to the actual Mr. Krabs and robot Mr. Krabs because he was confused on which one was real was very funny. The Robot Mr. Krabs self-destructing on Plankton after SpongeBob put a penny in there was absolutely hilarious. Overall, a "CLASSIC" episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". 10/10
  • Imitation Krabs brought down the score.

5.5
    Dying for Pie:

9.3/10

Imitation Krabs:

In another attempt to steal the Krabby Patty formula, Plankton makes a robot that looks just like Mr. Krabs. But in order to get the formula, he will have to do some odd things as part of the "secret handshake." This is very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very ugly!

1.7/10
  • The krabby patty formula is the sole property of the Krusty Krab and is only to be discussed in part or in whole with it's creator Mr. Krabs. Duplication of this formula is punishable by law. Restrictions apply, results may vary.

Well, great episodes, Especially the 2nd one!

Brilliant!

Is this review not finished yet? Oh...
  • not bad about average

7.4
    Dying for Pie was an average episode through and through. It really had about average humor and action in it. It was okay but not really what you would call special. I really can't review it efficieantly since it is only average. But it did make me laugh a little bit so it was pretty good. Now Imitation Krabs was a little better but again it was average in my opinion. It really had no extraordinary features to it. However I did like the evil plan of Plankton so that went well. But these two episodes really are as average as they get.
  • this was a good ep

in this ep of the show spongebob . squidward buys a bomb pie and leaves it on the windowcill thing is when he comeback the pie is gone and thinkgs sponebob ate it all. and he feels bad so he spends the last hours of the day doing what sponebob would love to do this was a good ep. and turns out the pie was in his pocket and it exploded. the second part of the ep was when planton comes around again to the steel the formula and this time he dresses up in a mr krabs robot to steel it and he ecounters problems when he has to do the secret handshake . this was a funny one
  • Dying for Imitation Krabs! lol These two are awesome.

Dying for Pie: Curse me for not reviewing this one earlier, I mean, this episode is perfection! One of the best examples of how clever and oh so hilarious this show can be. And this one could possibly be the best SpongeBob/Squidward episode, and those usually work really well, like on "Pizza Delivery", SpongeBob being his annoying self and Squidward getting pissed, lol. All the things that SpongeBob made Squiddy do were hilarious, specially open-heart surgery! xD Overall, this classic will always be one of my top favorites, hilarious, awesome, final grade: A++

Imitation Krabs: Ok, not as amazing as it's partner but still a really good one. I love Plankton on this episode, and SpongeBob was really great too, like on the beginning when he ripped that poor fish's fake head off, and when he says "As long as these pants are square and this sponge is Bob!" that always makes me laugh. The plot is pretty good, I love the part when SpongeBob makes robo-krabs do the secret handshake, so funny and random. And can't forget about the part when he quizzes the real Krabs and the robot one and the robot wins, lol. Hm, now that I think about it, I think I like this episode more than I thought! lol, for that my final grade is A-
  • Dying for Pie was fantastic, Imitation Krabs was alright.

Dying for Pie: Simply hysterical! This episode featured tons of hilarious moments. Many were when Squidward tried to make SpongeBob's "last day" great, like the salmon suit. I also like when Squidward said SpongeBob was supposed to explode and SpongeBob's explosion was yelling "Gary, you're gonna eat your food and you're gonna like it!". Simply outstanding.

Score: A+ 9.6/10

Imitation Krabs: Meh, alright. Nothing spectacular, but still solid. I liked the secret handshake part, the part where Mr. Krabs almost becomes a meal, and of course, the self-destruct button! This episode seriously had some great moments, though it got a tad dull at moments.

Score: B- 8.8/10
  • Not my favorite of one the best seasons, but still really good.

These were both pretty good episodes, but they're definitely not the best of season 2. In Dying for Pie, I thought it was funny when Squidward called the hospital and the doctor somehow knew why he called without even letting Squidward talk and that Squid and Sponge had to do a bunch of ridiculous things together. I especially liked it when Squidward dressed up like a salmon. However, I didn't like the brief open heart surgery scene. The ending was also hilarious, when it turns out Spongebob had never eaten the pie, he trips over a rock that wasn't there before XD, it explodes, and all Squidward says is "ow." Hahahahahahaha! Imitation Krabs was also a good episode. I thought it was funny when Plankton, disguised as Mr. Krabs, chops down the Krusty Krab sign and it falls on top of him and when Spongebob threatens to spray Mr. Krabs and robo Krabs with tartar sauce! The coin operated self-destruct thing was also funny. Overall, good episodes, no doubt. That's all I have to say for now! Marebear2009, out!
  • One of the best of the second season.

Dying For Pie:Excellent. It's Employee Brotherhood Day at the Krusty Krab, and Squidward has to get Spongebob a gift. He buys a pie from some pirates nearby, but is unaware that the pie is actually a bomb. He finds out that its a bomb, and he thinks that Spongebob ate it. He ends up doing all sorts of things with Spongebob to make sure he enjoys his last day on earth, but at the end of the day, he finds out that he never ate the pie. Spongebob had the pie with him the whole time, but then he trips over a rock, and the pie hits Squidward in the face, causing the town to blow up! An overall great episode, with hilarious moments, especially the ending.

Imitation Krabs:Not as good. Plankton disguises himself as Mr.Krabs using a robot that looks like Mr.Krabs, so Spongebob will tell him the secret formula. Spongebob falls for it, but has the robot Krabs go through a series of things before he can tell him. Later, the real Mr.Krabs shows up, and Spongebob has them go through tests to see who's the real Mr.Krabs. But the real one fails the test, and Spongebob gives the formula to Plankton. However, Spongebob puts a penny in Plankton's robot suit, causing it to self-destruct. Spongebob finds out the truth, and gives the formula back to the real Mr.Krabs. A cleverly plotted episode, yet it wasn't as funny as the previous one.

A good pairing. I thought Dying For Pie was better.
  • These episodes rocked!!!!

Dying for Pie was a really good episode because SpongeBob and Squidward one day are at the Krusty Krab and it is a special day! It is gift-giving brotherhood day! Or something like that.:P Squidward hoever today did not even like having to get up for work in the first place, and is in a bad mood. So he throws SpongeBob's gift at him which is a sweatshirt made out of eyelashes. Then SpongeBob cries him a sweatshirt made out of tears! Since Squidward can't buy something for SpongeBob (like a gumball :P) he has to make something for SpongeBob. This episode was truly fantastic! I liked how Squidward was buying a pie from shady pirates where they were really bombs and then Squidward and Mr. Krabs both thought SpongeBob ate the pie and he was gonna blow up at the strike of nighttime.:P And then at the end: BOOOOM!!!!! And then Imitation Krabs we got Plankton cooking up one of the best schemes yet! First he goes in the Krusty Krab as a robot millionare man trying to get SpongeBob to answer the secret formula so he could win the fake million dollars. Then Mr. Krabs makes sure SpongeBob stays on high alert to watch out for Plankton. Plankton does even better this time by being a robotic Mr. Krabs impersonator! Yikes! Squidward has to clean out the big storage room in the Krusty Krab, but Plankton tells him he can have the day off! And once Plankton drives Mr. Krabs away with a penny, he and SpongeBob do all these crazy stunts together to try and get the secret formula!:D Like Spaghetti chefs! And the Bikini Bottom National Anthem! And then there's a dangerous quiz show with SpongeBob determining the real Mr. Krabs with three questions, and uses tartar sauce as his secret weapoon! Plankton almsot wins, but is failed by a coin-operated self-destruct, and then SpongeBob rescues Mr. Krabs from being eaten by Hans! Bwa ha ha! So yeah again these both were fantastic episodes! Totally Lol!
  • Imitation Krabs was slightly lackluster, but Dying For Pie owned!

Dying For Pie:
    It's the annual "Employee Brotherhood Day", and Squidward hasn't gotten anything for SpongeBob, so he gets a pie from some pirates, unaware that it has a bomb inside! He thinks SpongeBob ate it, and Mr. Krabs tells Squidward to spend SpongeBob's last few hours with him. SpongeBob makes him do lots of ridiculous things, and then we find out he never even ate the pie! But, SpongeBob trips, and the pie lands on Squidward. Ow. Hillarious episode! Another classic from Season 2!

A-

Imitation Krabs:
    Meh, it was a bit lackluster. Plankton makes a robot version of Mr. Krabs, and trick SpongeBob to give him the formula, and now SpongeBob has to work out which Krabs is which. Funny episode, yet it bores me quite a lot of the time. I still think it deserves a B, however.

B
  • KA-BOOOOOOM!

Dying for pie
    Squidward gives Spongebob a pie that had a bomb in it. So, Squidward makes today his day. Soon, it is the end of the day and, Spongebob explodes! But, Squidward figures that he has'nt died. But, blew bubbles. This was one of the best episodes in Season 2.
    Final Score: A-

Imitation Krabs
    Plankton uses a robot Krabs costume and, uses Spongebob to get him the secrit formula! I liked Dying for pie better. It had more laughs in it. Imitation Krabs did'nt have much laughs so it's not that great. And, needs more funny jokes.
    Final Score: C

Final Score: B+, 9
  • This has to be the best two episodes in the second season.

I love the first episode "Dyeing for Pie" that is a hysterical episode I just laughed till I dropped. I love the part when well I love all of the parts LOL!. So the second episode "Imitation Krabs" I loved that episode also and I loved the part when Plankton was in that disguise and the head fell down on Plankton and said Ouch I laughed at that part. I also loved the part when Plankton was following the rules that Mr. Crabs set up for the Formula and Plankton said Formula time and Spongebob said "Nope not Yet" and Plankton said "WHAT!" and the disguise that he was in the Eyes lit up on fire I liked that part LOL!.
  • dieing for a pie is about squidward thinking that he has killed spongebob with an exploding lie so he has to spend the entire day with spongebob/imatation krabs is about plankton imatating mr krabs and spongebob thinks he is the real mr krabs.

dieing for a pie has got to be the funniest episodes of spongebobsquarepants ever going to be. I deffinatly give it a ten for the laughs I get in it. This episode was absaloutly fantastic in every way it had everthing comedy, anamation and much more The annooying thing about this episode is that it is hardly ever shown so I really get annoyed about that.

The best bit in this episode is when squidward gets nucularly bombed in the face I just fell on the floor and tried to stop my sides from exploding with laughter I wish I could see that bit again continuasley because of how funny it was. the worst bit of it was nothing because there was no worst bits all the parts were fantastic and I think everybody who has seen this agrees because it was really good.the thing that annoyed me in this episode when I first watched it was when I thought spongebob had eaten that pie so so I was worried that he was going to die. The thing I hate about this episode is that patrick is not in it enough because as I have sayed in some of my other reviews on spongebob that patrick is the most funny character I know some of you will not agree with me but I think patrick could make it alot more funny.

I would recommend this episode to everybody from both ages but mainly spongebob fans such as myself

imatation krabs, this episode is a classic so cool to watch but as usual planktons plans have been ruined by either spongebob or mr krabs but it would be cool for plankton to win the secret forula for once like he did in the spongebob squarepants movie. This is deffinatly the closest plankton has ever got to stealing the secret formula. I have to say but how could spongebob be so stupid and let plankton trick him with a robot.

The best part about this is when plankton got forstrated at spongebob for doing 3 hours of torchering him and then does not get told the secret forula, but then spongebob said it is your rule never speak the secret forula out loud you told me to keep it in a bottle then spongebob hands him the forula and the real mr krabs comes in and spongebob does not know who is the real mr krabs so he does a questionare to find out who is the real mr krabs, that part was really well thought up and I am really glad to have seen that spectacular episode.there was really no bad parts in this episode but I would of prefered another character to be in it as well that just would of made there more jokes more excitment and more action!!!!!!!!!! the character that I think should of been it aswell is patrick because he is odviosly so funny in every way and if not patrick then squidward because he would get insalted but that makes me laugh.

I would recomend this episode to everybody mainly peole who are into comedy.
  • Dying for Pie was frickin hilarious! The other one was ok I guess.

So in Dying for Pie it's employee brotherhood day and he forgot a gift for Spongebob. He gets forced and buys a pie from so bad guys. The pie is really an explosive. He thinks Spongebob ate it, and Mr.Krabs tells him that he only has 24 hours to live. So Squidward does all these things for him only to see that he was really alive and didn't eat the pie yet. So in the end Spongebob accidently slams the pie on Squidward's face and destorys the town. In the other one Plankton trys to copy Mr.Krabs and fails yet again. The episode was funny.
  • Squidward thinks Spongebob ate a pie that is really a bomb/ Plankton creates a robot Mr. Krabs to replace him and trick spongebob.

Dying for pie, is one of my personal favorite episodes of spongebob. It makes me laugh every single time I watch it in one way another. There are some classic Spongebob/Squidward moments in this episode. Imitation Krabs was pretty good also. It was funny to see Spongebob try to figure out which was the real Mr. Krabs, it also shows how little Mr. Krabs knows about his own resturant! This should have been in the top 5 for greatest spongebob episodes, not crap like Karate Island (which in my opinon was the worst episode of spongebob ever made.) Rewatching an episode as good as this can remind you why the show was such a big hit between kids and adults alike.
  • 26th Episode

Dying for pie: In this episode Squidward buys a wierd pie from the pirates that explodes in an instant it falls into the wrong hands so squidward decides to give it to Spongebob for a present then Squidward thought that Spongebob eats the pie after that he has his final moments with him and when it turns nighttime the pie explodes but it was just the bubbles that done that and then Spongebob shows him the pie and it all end with a big Kaboom!!!!!!

Imitation Krabs: Plankton decides to steal the kraby patty(again) and now this time he uses a Mr Krabs robot to do so. But however Spongebob has a lard gun and some questions to figure out what happend to the real Mr. Krabs however he shot the real Mr. Krabs and gave the penny to the robot krabs and now it explodes at the chum bucket and that's how it all ended.
  • Dying for pie! Classic! Laughed my a** off!

Watching this was brilliant! Squidward showed some rare qualities like guilt! Amazing! One of the most random storylines to begin with though. A bomb-pie! Who would have thought it?! All the stupid things Spongebob and Squidward do together are great, it\'s hilarious to see Squidward live a nightmare! Praise to the writers! This is a reason why I watch Spongebob, to bring the joy into me and to laugh like I\'ve never laughed before!! Even imitation Krabs was an amusing eposide. Not as great as the previous one but still there was room for a lorra lorra laughs! (quoting Cilla Black there)
  • Dying For Pie was cheesy, but watching Squidward humiliated was worth it. Imitation Krabs was a letdown.

7.6
    Dying for Pie was probably the best half all season. If anyone here didn't crack up laughing seeing Squidward in a salmon suit, having open heart surgery performed on him, hearing endless knock knock jokes and other boring and humiliating tasks SpongeBob came up with you're watching the wrong show.
    Unfortunately I felt Imitation Krabs was a bit of a letdown. Plankton in a robot suit was kind of funny, but the storyline was just cheesy. I don't I'm the only one who feels the "Plankton tries and fails to steal the Krabby Patty" plotline is old and getting a bit overdone. Stephen Hillenburg and co need to use this a bit more sparingly and come up with some new, original plots.
  • Hillarity

\"Dying for Pie\" has me laughing my head off. \"See Squidward, this is what it would feel like to have me for a face!\" \"Just you, me, and this brick wall you built between us.\" I CAN\'T STOP LAUGHING!! But in addition to mass hillarity, this episode also shows us a rarely-seen side of Squidward. How often does he genuinely care about Spongebob? Sure, he reverts back to hating him at the end, but this episode shows that he does indeed have a heart. Maybe deep down, he even likes Spongebob a bit. Maybe just a little tiny bit. Poor Spongebob, Squidward was only nice to him because he thought he was going to die....
  • episode #26

dying for pie: squid has to make sb a gift for a special day that mr. krabs made up, so he buys a pie. krabs figures out that it was a bomb, and when he thinks that sb ate it, he tells squid that he only has till sunset to live. now squid has to make sb's last day the best ever.

imitation krabs: plankton makes a robot that looks like mr. krabs, and uses it to try to get the krabby patty secret formula. it fails though, we all know that.
< 1 2