SpongeBob SquarePants

Fear of a Krabby Patty / Shell of a Man

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM May 06, 2005 on Nickelodeon

7.8
  • Great Season 4 premieres of "SpongeBob SquarePants"

Fear of a Krabby Patty: Okay, okay... we all know that this is where SpongeBob has totally changed after the 2004 film "The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie" but that doesn't mean it's bad. Okay, for a Season 4 premiere, this episode seemed pretty strange to me and kind of lacked but I thought it was great for the most part. SpongeBob having a phobia of krabby patties after working non-stop was a weird idea. The P. Lankton was obviously Plankton was pretty funny. Plankton being a psychiatrist to get the krabby patty secret formula from SpongeBob was very funny. It was very funny when SpongeBob got the piano and then Plankton says "Hey, where did you get that piano" and SpongeBob smashes Plankton with it. Plankton hypnotizing SpongeBob to fall into a deep sleep was pretty interesting as well. The only thing I brought down my score was that SpongeBob, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs having those baggy eyes was freaking me out, SpongeBob having a freaky phobia of krabby patties, and the ending. Overall, this episode wasn't bad at all and I really liked it. 8.5/10

Shell of a Man: This episode is tied with "Fear of a Krabby Patty", it was great episode but it could have improved much more. Mr. Krabs molting his shell was pretty freaky. When I was younger watching this episode, the hollow shell of Mr. Krabs scared me. Mr. Krabs being a naked and flabby crab was just a little too weird for me. SpongeBob getting inside Mr. Krabs' shell and doing an impression of him was very funny. SpongeBob (who is inside Mr. Krabs' shell) talking to Mr. Krabs' old navy buddies at the Navy Reunion was very funny. Mr. Krabs revealing that he was a naked and flabby crab was very funny and it was hilarious when everyone else revealed their secrets. The thing that made my score a little low was that Mr. Krabs molting his shell was a little too strange for me and I didn't like how SpongeBob coughed out his skeleton body. The ending could have been a little better as well. Overall, this was a great episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". 8.5/10