SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

The Official Q&A Thread

  • Avatar of that70sguy92

    that70sguy92

    [41]Oct 10, 2009
    • member since: 01/02/09
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,257
    SpongeSebastian wrote:
    spongebobfan200 wrote:
    Here's my question: not many people want to this thread, so why not use it?
    Sorry, but your question doesn't make much sense.
    Uh... yeah.... Sorry. Can't answer that because no matter how hard I try I can't tell what you're asking.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of spongebobfan200

    spongebobfan200

    [42]Oct 10, 2009
    • member since: 09/11/07
    • level: 30
    • rank: Anchorman
    • posts: 1,921
    Yeah. I did that confusing question to get everybody to know that this thread is important. Here's a question: What happened to Spongebob's catchphrase?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Sabrespongebob

    Sabrespongebob

    [43]Oct 10, 2009
    • member since: 06/09/09
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,033
    BTW its not even a question
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of that70sguy92

    that70sguy92

    [44]Oct 10, 2009
    • member since: 01/02/09
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,257
    spongebobfan200 wrote:
    Yeah. I did that confusing question to get everybody to know that this thread is important. Here's a question: What happened to Spongebob's catchphrase?
    You mean "I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready!"? To my knowledge, he still says it, just not as much.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CDCB

    CDCB

    [45]Oct 10, 2009
    • member since: 12/27/08
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 1,951

    that70sguy92 wrote:
    spongebobfan200 wrote:
    Yeah. I did that confusing question to get everybody to know that this thread is important. Here's a question: What happened to Spongebob's catchphrase?
    You mean "I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready!"? To my knowledge, he still says it, just not as much.
    Seriously, they need to bring it back. But more importantly, here's a question just so this doesn't get off-topic:

    Could anybody explain to me what the deal is with all of those websites saying stuff about the viewers voting for which ending they'd show for the first airing of Shanghaied? Forgive me if any of this sounds stupid--I've just been asking myself the same question for as long as I can remember. But what I'm really trying to understand is how the whole process went. I really want to know, because I find the whole thing interesting. Thanks to whoever answers my question, as I wasn't a fan of SpongeBob at that time (I'd never watched it).

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KingBoo112

    KingBoo112

    [46]Oct 10, 2009
    • member since: 05/14/09
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 489
    SpongeSebastian wrote:
    SeaSpongez wrote:
    SpongeSebastian wrote:
    SeaSpongez wrote:
    What's the last episode Scooter appeared with his normal voice?
    That would be "My Pretty Seahorse", I think.
    Really? Wow, it's been a while.
    Yeah, I don't know why they don't return his old voice when they still have Dee Bradley Baker.
    Actually, it wasn't Dee Bradley Baker who voiced him, it was Carlos Alazraqui (from reno911 and taco bell adverts). His last role was in The Movie.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of that70sguy92

    that70sguy92

    [47]Oct 10, 2009
    • member since: 01/02/09
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,257
    KingBoo112 wrote:
    SpongeSebastian wrote:
    SeaSpongez wrote:
    SpongeSebastian wrote:
    SeaSpongez wrote:
    What's the last episode Scooter appeared with his normal voice?
    That would be "My Pretty Seahorse", I think.
    Really? Wow, it's been a while.
    Yeah, I don't know why they don't return his old voice when they still have Dee Bradley Baker.
    Actually, it wasn't Dee Bradley Baker who voiced him, it was Carlos Alazraqui (from reno911 and taco bell adverts). His last role was in The Movie.
    What's your source for that? I'm pretty sure it's Dee Bradley Baker.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SpongeSebastian

    SpongeSebastian

    [48]Oct 10, 2009
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 41
    • rank: Sleestack
    • posts: 10,634
    CDCB wrote:

    that70sguy92 wrote:
    spongebobfan200 wrote:
    Yeah. I did that confusing question to get everybody to know that this thread is important. Here's a question: What happened to Spongebob's catchphrase?
    You mean "I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready!"? To my knowledge, he still says it, just not as much.
    Seriously, they need to bring it back. But more importantly, here's a question just so this doesn't get off-topic:

    Could anybody explain to me what the deal is with all of those websites saying stuff about the viewers voting for which ending they'd show for the first airing of Shanghaied? Forgive me if any of this sounds stupid--I've just been asking myself the same question for as long as I can remember. But what I'm really trying to understand is how the whole process went. I really want to know, because I find the whole thing interesting. Thanks to whoever answers my question, as I wasn't a fan of SpongeBob at that time (I'd never watched it).

    I actually remember watching the premiere of that episode.
    Patchy the Pirate hosted the episode, then at the point when The Flying Dutchman was doing "Eeny Meeny Miny Mo", the episode paused and Patchy told viewers to call in and vote for which character they wanted to get the last wish (or to go online and vote). Then after the commercial break, Patchy returned to announce the winner. First, he showed the losing ending: Patrick's, followed by Squidward's. Then he showed the winning ending: SpongeBob's. I heard those alternate endings can still be seen in the Sea Stories DVD.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dohnought

    dohnought

    [49]Oct 10, 2009
    • member since: 10/11/09
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 37
    SpongeSebastian wrote:
    spongebobfan200 wrote:
    Here's my question: not many people want to this thread, so why not use it?
    Sorry, but your question doesn't make much sense.


    I think he means to list reasons why we shouldn't use it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SpongeSebastian

    SpongeSebastian

    [50]Oct 10, 2009
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 41
    • rank: Sleestack
    • posts: 10,634
    dohnought wrote:
    SpongeSebastian wrote:
    spongebobfan200 wrote:
    Here's my question: not many people want to this thread, so why not use it?
    Sorry, but your question doesn't make much sense.


    I think he means to list reasons why we shouldn't use it.
    That still doesn't make any sense.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Sabrespongebob

    Sabrespongebob

    [51]Oct 11, 2009
    • member since: 06/09/09
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,033
    yea its not even a question
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KingBoo112

    KingBoo112

    [52]Oct 11, 2009
    • member since: 05/14/09
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 489
    that70sguy92 wrote:
    KingBoo112 wrote:
    SpongeSebastian wrote:
    SeaSpongez wrote:
    SpongeSebastian wrote:
    SeaSpongez wrote:
    What's the last episode Scooter appeared with his normal voice?
    That would be "My Pretty Seahorse", I think.
    Really? Wow, it's been a while.
    Yeah, I don't know why they don't return his old voice when they still have Dee Bradley Baker.
    Actually, it wasn't Dee Bradley Baker who voiced him, it was Carlos Alazraqui (from reno911 and taco bell adverts). His last role was in The Movie.
    What's your source for that? I'm pretty sure it's Dee Bradley Baker.
    it says so here> http://en.wikepedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Alazraqui and on The SpongeBob wiki. Also, look closely on the credits on Scooter episodes.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of that70sguy92

    that70sguy92

    [53]Oct 11, 2009
    • member since: 01/02/09
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,257
    KingBoo112 wrote:
    that70sguy92 wrote:
    KingBoo112 wrote:
    SpongeSebastian wrote:
    SeaSpongez wrote:
    SpongeSebastian wrote:
    SeaSpongez wrote:
    What's the last episode Scooter appeared with his normal voice?
    That would be "My Pretty Seahorse", I think.
    Really? Wow, it's been a while.
    Yeah, I don't know why they don't return his old voice when they still have Dee Bradley Baker.
    Actually, it wasn't Dee Bradley Baker who voiced him, it was Carlos Alazraqui (from reno911 and taco bell adverts). His last role was in The Movie.
    What's your source for that? I'm pretty sure it's Dee Bradley Baker.
    it says so here> http://en.wikepedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Alazraqui and on The SpongeBob wiki. Also, look closely on the credits on Scooter episodes.
    Wikipedia is not a reliable source. As for the credits, I've never seen that name.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sciencegirl09

    sciencegirl09

    [54]Oct 12, 2009
    • member since: 03/29/09
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,539
    that70sguy92 wrote:
    spongebobfan200 wrote:
    Yeah. I did that confusing question to get everybody to know that this thread is important. Here's a question: What happened to Spongebob's catchphrase?
    You mean "I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready!"? To my knowledge, he still says it, just not as much.
    As far as I'm concerned, the last time I remember him saying that was in "Wigstruck"
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of alexhates98

    alexhates98

    [55]Oct 16, 2009
    • member since: 03/19/09
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,246
    Can we all just ask questions again!?!?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dohnought

    dohnought

    [56]Oct 16, 2009
    • member since: 10/11/09
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 37

    Ok.... geez.

    What was the week called when brand new episodes premiered, "Suction Cup Symphony", "Krabby Road", and a few others?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sciencegirl09

    sciencegirl09

    [57]Oct 17, 2009
    • member since: 03/29/09
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,539
    dohnought wrote:

    Ok.... geez.

    What was the week called when brand new episodes premiered, "Suction Cup Symphony", "Krabby Road", and a few others?

    Gimme 5
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CDCB

    CDCB

    [58]Oct 21, 2009
    • member since: 12/27/08
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 1,951
    SpongeSebastian wrote:
    CDCB wrote:

    that70sguy92 wrote:
    spongebobfan200 wrote:
    Yeah. I did that confusing question to get everybody to know that this thread is important. Here's a question: What happened to Spongebob's catchphrase?
    You mean "I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready!"? To my knowledge, he still says it, just not as much.
    Seriously, they need to bring it back. But more importantly, here's a question just so this doesn't get off-topic:

    Could anybody explain to me what the deal is with all of those websites saying stuff about the viewers voting for which ending they'd show for the first airing of Shanghaied? Forgive me if any of this sounds stupid--I've just been asking myself the same question for as long as I can remember. But what I'm really trying to understand is how the whole process went. I really want to know, because I find the whole thing interesting. Thanks to whoever answers my question, as I wasn't a fan of SpongeBob at that time (I'd never watched it).

    I actually remember watching the premiere of that episode. Patchy the Pirate hosted the episode, then at the point when The Flying Dutchman was doing "Eeny Meeny Miny Mo", the episode paused and Patchy told viewers to call in and vote for which character they wanted to get the last wish (or to go online and vote). Then after the commercial break, Patchy returned to announce the winner. First, he showed the losing ending: Patrick's, followed by Squidward's. Then he showed the winning ending: SpongeBob's. I heard those alternate endings can still be seen in the Sea Stories DVD.

    Wow. Thanks for sharing it. That sounds like it was awesome. If only we could all see that day-only footage again where he told everybody to vote and introduced the endings somewhere online or anywhere else.

    And SpongeSebastian, you are right about the alternate endings being on the Sea Stories DVD. I have the DVD myself.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HaydenAvery

    HaydenAvery

    [59]Oct 25, 2009
    • member since: 07/05/09
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 8,574
    how long is the truth or square movie going to be?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Sabrespongebob

    Sabrespongebob

    [60]Oct 25, 2009
    • member since: 06/09/09
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,033
    1 hr
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.