SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

When will spongebob end?

When do you think?

  • Avatar of futuramarama

    futuramarama

    [61]Nov 4, 2010
    • member since: 07/12/09
    • level: 37
    • rank: Cylon
    • posts: 4,655
    i think 2012 or so, if that. not because "OMG THE WORLDS ENDING IN 2012! (which isn't true, i read that the mayan prophecy whatever was wrongm but that's off/topic), i just really can't see spongebob lasting longer than that
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of spongebobfan200

    spongebobfan200

    [62]Nov 4, 2010
    • member since: 09/11/07
    • level: 30
    • rank: Anchorman
    • posts: 1,921

    thecrad15 wrote:
    I think it will end in 2024
    Oh my god, I'm turning 29!


    I think the cancelization might depend on how old the cast is.

    Edited on 11/04/2010 5:59pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ShrinkinViolet

    ShrinkinViolet

    [63]Nov 5, 2010
    • member since: 09/02/10
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 240

    futuramarama wrote:
    i think 2012 or so, if that. not because "OMG THE WORLDS ENDING IN 2012! (which isn't true, i read that the mayan prophecy whatever was wrongm but that's off/topic), i just really can't see spongebob lasting longer than that
    I don't think it'll end THAT soon...but I'd give it between 2014-2016 tops.


    But we'll see. Only time knows.

    Edited on 11/05/2010 10:38am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of futuramarama

    futuramarama

    [64]Nov 5, 2010
    • member since: 07/12/09
    • level: 37
    • rank: Cylon
    • posts: 4,655
    considering the show's been on since 1999, 2012ish isn't really that far out there (that's what, 13 years?)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ShrinkinViolet

    ShrinkinViolet

    [65]Nov 5, 2010
    • member since: 09/02/10
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 240
    futuramarama wrote:
    considering the show's been on since 1999, 2012ish isn't really that far out there (that's what, 13 years?)


    I agree; it has been running on a long time. But what I meant was that I don't think it'd be cancelled so quickly. But I get where you're coming from, so you could be right, and I'm not saying I'M right. I'm just saying it depends on how long the writers can go, or how long it gives Nickelodeon its ratings.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Srenfro

    Srenfro

    [66]Nov 8, 2010
    • member since: 04/30/09
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 21
    Well, The show is so popular it will probably end longer than you think. It will be cool if it turned into the Simpsons. The longer it lasts depends on the ratings and how the show is appropiate. But I know it will not last forever because of 3 reasons. 1) The show would be made by old people and old people are extremely slow. 2) The show will get boring soon. 3) Who is gonna take the crew's place after they die?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ShrinkinViolet

    ShrinkinViolet

    [67]Nov 9, 2010
    • member since: 09/02/10
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 240
    Srenfro wrote:
    Well, The show is so popular it will probably end longer than you think. It will be cool if it turned into the Simpsons. The longer it lasts depends on the ratings and how the show is appropiate. But I know it will not last forever because of 3 reasons. 1) The show would be made by old people and old people are extremely slow. 2) The show will get boring soon. 3) Who is gonna take the crew's place after they die?


    1 makes sense; 2 is possible, but I doubt it. As for 3 people who are willing to work on SpongeBob.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of futuramarama

    futuramarama

    [68]Nov 9, 2010
    • member since: 07/12/09
    • level: 37
    • rank: Cylon
    • posts: 4,655
    2 has already happened IMO.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ShrinkinViolet

    ShrinkinViolet

    [69]Nov 9, 2010
    • member since: 09/02/10
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 240
    futuramarama wrote:
    2 has already happened IMO.


    For SOME episodes, I agree.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Fourarms10

    Fourarms10

    [70]Nov 9, 2010
    • member since: 04/03/08
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 1,297
    I think Spongebob's going to end when it beats the record as "longest running nick show"
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Srenfro

    Srenfro

    [71]Nov 9, 2010
    • member since: 04/30/09
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 21
    I doubt it'll end because of that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of futuramarama

    futuramarama

    [72]Nov 9, 2010
    • member since: 07/12/09
    • level: 37
    • rank: Cylon
    • posts: 4,655

    ShrinkinViolet wrote:
    futuramarama wrote:
    2 has already happened IMO.
    For SOME episodes, I agree.


    yea i didn't mean every single episode nowadays, but IMO a lot of them are

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Voo_Bopo

    Voo_Bopo

    [73]Nov 11, 2010
    • member since: 11/10/09
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 323
    I still think at least 2015 is a good guess. To be completely honest, I think that in it's last few years this show will go downhill a little. I think it'll still be good, but not as good as before.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ShrinkinViolet

    ShrinkinViolet

    [74]Nov 11, 2010
    • member since: 09/02/10
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 240
    Voo_Bopo wrote:
    I still think at least 2015 is a good guess. To be completely honest, I think that in it's last few years this show will go downhill a little. I think it'll still be good, but not as good as before.


    I doubt it, but maybe.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thecrad15

    thecrad15

    [75]Dec 28, 2010
    • member since: 04/16/10
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 249
    2032.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of doguineta

    doguineta

    [76]Dec 28, 2010
    • member since: 01/13/10
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 1,416
    thecrad15 wrote:
    2032.


    Really? That soon? I'll say 2050.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JamesSutton0

    JamesSutton0

    [77]Dec 28, 2010
    • member since: 09/27/09
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 27

    Spongebob will end when it meets its maker.


    Spongebob is the reason Rugrats isn't here anymore, so until the next best show is made Spongebob will probably still be here. No successor.. yet anyway.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of spongebobfan200

    spongebobfan200

    [78]Dec 30, 2010
    • member since: 09/11/07
    • level: 30
    • rank: Anchorman
    • posts: 1,921
    I THINK IT WILL LAST TILL 2099.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of my_life_rules_6

    my_life_rules_6

    [79]Jan 12, 2011
    • member since: 12/17/05
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 219

    I remember once it was supposed to end in 10 or 11 and now its 2011 so we'll see. Maybe they are finally winding down and will end with 8 seasons.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SpongebeachBob

    SpongebeachBob

    [80]Jan 13, 2011
    • member since: 10/10/09
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,428
    my_life_rules_6 wrote:

    I remember once it was supposed to end in 10 or 11 and now its 2011 so we'll see. Maybe they are finally winding down and will end with 8 seasons.



    A ninth season has already been ordered.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.