SpongeBob SquarePants

Frozen Face-Off

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Jul 15, 2011 on Nickelodeon

• Great episode

Title says it all. This episode aired today before Frozen Face Off, The Great Patty Caper, and Truth or Square.
  • winter race

I would give it a 6.there was 2 winter episodes."spongebob's frozen face off" and "the snowball effect".maybe if you count christmas episodes as winter episodes, there would be 3 winter episodes.which the christmas episode had it's name changed.it used to be "spongebob's christmas special" now it's "christmas who"?
  • One of the best specials yet.

So everyone in Bikini Bottom has entered a sleigh race for a million clams. Spongebob, Patrick, Sandy, Mr. Krabs and Squidward have all teamed up after Patrick's sleigh couldn't move because he was using gummy worms , Sandy's sleigh crashed into the snow, Squidward's imported worm was having tea time and Mr.Krabs worms turned against him. While Plankton had fooled everyone in the race and had planned to get the secret formula.

Pros:

~ I thought this special was actually pretty good compared to the last one.

~ I love how this special had a winter/different theme.

~ I find it nice that all the characters are included for once.

~ For once the Plankton parts weren't annoying. I actually liked them.

~ The claymation was also something different in this special which made me like it more.

____________________________________________________

Cons:

~ I think that this special went a little to fast in time.

~ The plot could have been better. I'm not saying it's bad.

____________________________________________________

Favorite parts:

~ Patrick with the Gummy worms.

~ When Plankton gets mistaken for a jellybean from the monster.

__________________________________________________

Final Grade

FFO= (85%)= B
  • Started out flat, but the second part was less boring

5.5
    So you see, the first part was so boring. I couldn't even remember what happened. Only the Plankton segments were remarkable. The second part was better. I love how Sandy insulted Squidward. Also, the best part was "Don't eat me! Eat Squidward". Made me LOL.

You see, this should have been a single-length episode.

5.3 E
  • So many things going on...

The plot for this episode sounded brilliant and interesting, but this episode was just filled with lame and immature jokes, was pretty rushed, and had a creepy clay monster thing. I'd hate to give Spongebob Squarepants a score below seven, and with this episode I almost did. However the sequences with Plankton trying to open the safe saved that from happening. Especially the part with Plankton breaking an atom and causing a nuclear explosion. 7.0
  • This episode is so good

Ilike this episode because it was a good and funny episode. This episode was in my top 20 by alot. When i first saw this episode i knew it was going to be in my top 20. This epiisode was funny because Mr. Krabs wanted the million dollars so bad. It was one of the best episodes of spongebob in a long time. I liked this video so much I love this episolde. This was so funny and just overall was so good

• perfect

A sled race occurs in Bikini Bottom for the prize of one million dollars. SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, Sandy, Mr. Krabs, and Gary all struggle to make it survive the blizzard and make it to the finish line. But meanwhile, at the Krusty Krab, Plankton breaks into the Krusty Krab and tries to open the safe containing the Krabby Patty formula.

10 out of 10

• Superb special, but Plankton lowers my score

I thought this special was superb, but it could have been better. There's two things that lowered my score. Plankton and the ending. I didn't like that Plankton ditch the race and went to the Krusty Krab instead. The ending just felt rushed. The parts that made me laugh were Squidward kept getting frozen, SpongBob wanting to sing the Campfire song (reference to The Camping Episode), and a few others. I forgot to put them because I didn't remember any more funny parts. I'll edit my review once I see this episode again. Overall, a superb episode. 9/10

• This Episode Was So Horrible I Wanted To Destroy My T.V When I First Watched It!! This Episode Was So Horrible I Wish I Could Rate This Episode Below A 1!! This Episode was SO Horrible I Named My Account frzfaceoffhater!!

When I First Saw Promos For This Episode I Was Quite Exicted But After I Watched It Was A Whole Other Thing!!

First It Started Of Them In The Starting Line Getting Getting Ready For The Race For A Million Dollars..... And All TheCharacters Were Sorta Introducing Them Selves And It Was SO BORING!!!!

Then We Found Out That Plankton Just Made A Clone Of Him Self To Be At The Race While Plankton Went In The Krusty Krab To Steal The Formula.........krabs should of put spy cameras!! That Would Of Been VeryInterestingInstead They Just Had To Make It Boring.......

Now It's Time Start The Race!! Now The First 3 Minutes Of The Race Was SO BORING!!!It Was Normal And Uninteresting!!!and most of the jokes relied on how patricks stupidly Used Gummy Worms As His Sled Racer...That Did Not Make Me Laugh

..And then Squidward got Frozen In An Ice Cube.....how much Freaking times did they do that On t.v!?

Skipping More More Boring Waste Of Time Parts..................

Spongebob and the Gang Got Attacked By A Monster That Was In CGI, ugly CGI! CGI!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I Was So Ticked Off!!

Then They Got trapped from a huge ice wall...... I Offed The T.V Starting Here!!!

I Watched 20 Minutes Of This Episode And It Was The Worst Thing Ive Seen On T.V Even Though I Love Spongbob I Hate This Episode!!

• Not that bad!

So there's a race in the frozen tundra of Bikini Bottom, and Spongebob and the gang try to win the one million dollars that the first place winner gets.

During this, Plankton was the one who sponsored this race, and just decided to let people focus on the race so he can steal the formula. But Plankton is in it for like 8 minutes, so the subplot feels really rushed. However, I did like that the safe holding the Krabby Patty formula was impervious to everything, except for an atom being split.

And also, Spongebob and Co. are being chased by a snow monster that was in clay. That was really cool how the monster was in stop-motion; it reminded me of Chicken Run, one of my favorite animated films of all time. The jokes were really funny in this, on how Patrick's way to make his sled move was with gummy worms, Squidward repeatedly getting frozen, and Gary having hot chocolate in his shell.

So later Karen tells them about Plankton's plan, and try to rush down to get to the Krusty Krab. However it's shown that Plankton got it, but Plankton couldn't open the cork, and people waited for 3 days which was really funny. And in the end, the monster from before eats Patrick's jellybeans and Plankton, so Plankton will have to wait for nature to take it's course.

Now honestly, this is good; really good. But the problem is it focuses too much on Plankton and the gang surviving, instead of the actual race. It's like they had an idea, but scrapped it halfway through production. Plus, it can get boring often. So overall, good special, but not great. 8 out of 10.

• a great epsiode

this episode was pretty good, it probally wouldv'e been better, if Plankton wasn't in this episode. Plankton annoys the mess out of me. He's never going to get the crabby patty formula. Some highlights of this episode is when Mr. Crab's was telling the story of when the monster ate him and he said he got when he let nature take his own course. That part was hillarious. Another highlight was when Patrick's eye's were frozen and he yelled I cant fell my looking hole's ! That was funny. Those were the main highlights of the epsiode. overall a goo epsiode if u havnt seen it watch it

• Great special. However,it wasn't the coolest one ever

Spongebob had some bad specials from the past. However,we are finally treated to a great one. However,it has a few flaws. At the beginning,it has the Bikini Bottom racing for a million dollars. Plankton leaves a decoy so that he could steal the formula. Are you kidding me? So now this focused on the Krusty Krab now. Great,the writers made my lower the special's score. What's hilraious is that Patrick is racing with gummy worms,and that was the first hilraious scene. So they end up stranded in the middle of cold ice. And they end up getting attacked by a Snow monster that nearly killed Mr Krabs from the past. I love the animation of the monster,and how it's clay animated. Meanwhile,Plankton tries to steal the formula,and he fails to in many ways,he tries to explode it,but it fails. During the others in the ice,Mr Krabs leaves to get the money,and they find Karen. She tells the truth,and they all have to go to the Krusty Krab. Like I said,why does this have to be focused on the Krusty Krab. There was also another funny moment where Gary goes inside his shell for warmness. So they end up going to the Krusty Krab,and it's destroyed. They see that the Chum Bucket is selling Krabby Patties. But Plankton can't open the bottle,and what's funny is the fact that Patrick opens the bottle for him. He traps them,but the snow monster comes and is about to eat them,but eats Plankton instead,and at the end,he nearly was about to escape out of the monster's body,in his pee. Now,this could've been perfect,but they HAD to focus it on the Krusty Krab. That was just a slap in the face moment. And we never learned who won the race. I thought this was about a race,not the Krusty Krab. However,there were a lot of funny moments in the episode,and it beat Best Day Ever and The Great Patty Caper,but it wasn't as good as Spongebob's Last Stand. Overall,a great special,but was ruined.
  • Very good! Definitely one of the better specials.

I saw this on youtube, and I must say I've been very pleased with the way the writers have handled coming up with 30-minute specials lately. This special, unlike most other episodes, had 2 plots, which I liked. There were some very weird parts, like the whole thing with the abominable mollusk, although the stop motion the producers used to animate it was very interesting and creative. As usual, there was also some great humor such as the "nature taking its course" joke Mr. Krabs made, Patrick trying to race with gummy worms, Sandy wanting to eat Spongebob, although that was a little out of character, Plankton's teddy bear and how he couldn't open the secret krabby patty formula, among other things. I did feel as though, like many specials, it was a tad rushed near the end, but for the most part it was interesting and funny. It definitely doesn't beat a lot of the 11 minute episodes I've seen lately, though. Final grade: B. Marebear2009, out!
  • great

Spongebob and his friends compete in a sled race to try and win one million dollars. But they must survive the race by not freezing to death.

Good episode. I didn't like how big a part Plankton had. We see yet another episode in which he *almost* gets the recipe, only to be foiled. We've seen plots like this dozens of times on this show. It's a staple of it. But, still. Unless the series ends, Plankton is never getting the recipe. Sure, it might be interesting to see him get close and ultimately fail, but it would get, in my opinion, tiring. Still decent for the most part and I am still going to give it a B- or so
  • Spongebob turns 25 and gives us another reason to love him

now ive been hearin for the past few years since after the movie spongebob sucks, well NO he doesnt. yes the episodes will never be as epic as season 1-3 and the movie
    but you gotta admit that its amazing spongebob has now lasted 12 years and i hope it continues, spongebob still rocks and this episode proves it
    (WARNING! SPOILER ALERT!)
    Now we start the episode with a big snow race for 1 mill! so the whole gang is up for the race and the towns people are to. the race starts and no surprise patrick has gummie worms as racing worms. so he joins spongebob and soon mr.krabs, sandy and squidward(frozen in ice) join him to. meanwhile Plankton for some reason is at the krusty krab(he put a decoy in the race. so Spongebob + gang are trapped and all of a sudden a Sear snow monster attacks! they escape but Krabs left to win the race, then we find Karen but she reveals that the whole race was a trick to get everyone away so he can steal the formula. so the gang try to find mr krabs and they get into danger on the way(good thing sandy was there to save them) they find krabs but he and everyonw(except for sandy) freeze! thankfully(again) sandy saves them but destroys the sled. krabs hears the news about the evil plot and they all get back to bikini bottom(being followed by the snow monster) they find plankton and get traped inna cage but the monster frees them but she just wanted the jelly beans she then sees plankton and eats him to XD the episode end with plankton waiting for nature to take its course

this episode by definition WAS EPIC
    1-it was funny that this really wasnt a winter themed episode yes it had snow but bikini bottom was stil normal
    2-it was filled with little action(and thats a good thing) cause spongebob is about comedy and family the small action was amazing cause it shows spongebob and gang spring into action 3-i loved sandy in this episode she really takes charge(like in antlantis squarepantis) she uses sponge and friends as wepons wich she does again
    4-plankton was THIS close to winning again
    i gotta say this special is a instint classic this special shows true awesomness like the past few specials except for clash or tritan(it was good but not great) the great patty caper rocked and spongebob last stand ruled. so thats all for my review to tie all ends
    the special was great, had funny a shell scenes patrick was great everyonw was and the action scenes helped out the episode ended like any special would XD but good job spongebob writers i know spongebob always did rock and if ur a true fan like me, you will NEVER stop loving spongebob
  • SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, Mr. Krabs, Sandy, and Gary compete in the winter wonderland race

I thought that this was a superb special of "SpongeBob SquarePants". It was a tad disappointing because I was really hoping to give this special a 10 but I was pretty impressed with this special for the most part. There were a couple of problems that I had with this special though. One problem I had with this special was that Plankton was being a jerk to Karen by making her compete in the winter wonderland race so just he can go to the Krusty Krab and steal the krabby patty secret formula. Yes, this is a Plankton episode (unfortunately). Second problem I had was the last three minutes of this special... I don't know but it just felt a little rushed and the way this special ended was kind of lazy but also kind of funny at the same time. Despite those two problems I had with this special, it was very enjoyable. I have to give credit to the writers for making that abominable octopus out of clay. I think that is the first time we actually see some clay in SpongeBob which I really enjoyed seeing this special. Squidward repeatedly getting frozen was pretty funny. Patrick's line "I can't feel my looking holes" was absolutely hilarious but it sounds so dirty that it's funny. The whole joke that Mr. Krabs made about "Let's say that nature took its course" when the abominable octopus ate him in his crew in the past. Younger viewers probably wouldn't understand it but the older viewers can easily understand that joke and it was hilarious. Overall, despite the two problems that this special had, this was a superb special of "SpongeBob SquarePants". 9/10