SpongeBob SquarePants

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Oct 21, 2011 on Nickelodeon

• Actually better than Scaredy Pants

I would say 7/10

DAT BOOM
  • This video was great!!!!!!!!!!

I loved this video!!!! It was so funny i loved the way the ghost said he took their souls and it was just orange soda in a bottle. I found that part so freakin funny. I was pissing my pants whaen i first saw this video. I was flipping through channel and i saw it and i watched. I loved this episode one of my favorites!!!!

• Perfect SBSP special

The Flying Dutchman returns to Bikini Bottom, finds SpongeBob, and tells him of treasure hidden in an abandoned and haunted house, but warns him of a terrible ghost named the Lord Poltergeist who haunts the house. So SpongeBob, Patrick, Sandy Mr. Krabs and Squidward go to visit the haunted house.

This was a perfect episode of SpongeBob. I'msurprisedthat the total score had been a 10 so far. 8 of us really love this episode. Anyway, the plot was super great. It didn't mention Halloween but the episode has a spooky feeling to it so this does felt like a Halloween episode. The ending was kinda a problem but I can let that part slide since we only saw that for 45 seconds. As for my favorite parts, I liked everything what tigerdude22 pretty much put on his review on this episode. Overall, a perfect Halloween special episode of SpongeBob SquarePants. I'm glad that the writers decided to do an episode that involved creepy stuffs that make it feel like a Halloween episode. 10/10

• Funny, and way better than the previous Halloween episode.

So Spongebob and Patrick are just relaxing in Jellyfish Fields when all of a sudden, a flying ghost ship arrives, and drops to the ground. So Patrick tries to prove Spongebob it's just a lame haunted house for kids.

I thought it was hilarious when Patrick thought the house ship was so lame and cheesy, but it honestly was really scary. The cloud scene in the beginning also made me laugh. And here's something I'm not sure other reviewers noticed. When the flying ghost ship is flying, it looks like the darkness of night is following it; kind of like the ship's job is to give night to the ocean. But when it stops and falls, the dark keeps on moving. That's honestly really creative, and something only capable of noticing if you are really noticing the story.

Anyway, as Spongebob and Patrick explore, they meet another ghost pirate, who is in charge of the ship. However, Patrick believes it's one of those robots at pizza parlors, which was hilarious, including the anchovy pizza gag. The design of the ghost was awesome, and the song his crew sings is really fun.

The ghost's ship apparently needs a new head gasket, and Spongebob and Patrick need to get one or their souls will be taken, and they'll be part of the ghost's crew forever. So when they tell Mr. Krabs, who learns about the pirate's treasure, decides to give them a head gasket from some one's car, which was very funny. So, Mr. Krabs, Sandy, and Squidward go to the ghost's ship to get the treasure, save Spongebob and Patrick's souls, and catch a ghost or two.

However, Krabs, Squidward, and Patrick get caught stealing the gold, and the ghost sucks them into the void, where their biggest nightmares and fears are with them for all eternity.

Mr. Krabs flipping out when he had to pay a doubloon to use the bathroom was cute, but predictable. Patrick had a donut on his head, but every time he reached it, his head expanded higher and higher. However, Patrick doesn't like plain donuts, so the donut changed to one with sprinkles, to chocolate, to pancakes, to a Krabby Patty, to one with pickles, to one with extra ketchup, and then changed back to a plain donut, and the donut screamed instead which was hilarious. Squidward's greatest fear was a giant Spongebob, and I love how Squidward nonchalantly said, "I guess this is the part where I scream," which was hilarious.

However, Sandy saves them all, and Spongebob discovers that the treasure chest belongs to the Flying Dutchman. So Spongebob calls the Flying Dutchman to get his property back. So the ghost runs away from the Dutchman, but soon Dutchman turns into a freaking torpedo, and knocks everyone into the void.

So, in the void, the ghost, his crew, Spongebob, Patrick, Sandy, Squidward, Mr. Krabs, and all the other characters hit by the torpedo, or already living in the void now live and work in the Krusty Krab, that got in the void, because..............I don't know. And now they're all in the void.

Overall, hilarious, but the ending was a tad bit confusing and disappointing. Also, we never learn the ghost's name, which was irritating to me for some reason. But, I'm still giving it a 10 out of 10.

• Remember how I said the Fish Hooks Halloween Special was the best? I was WRONG! 8D

This episode was great (and unexpectedly random)! So, Spongebob and Patrick find this haunted house-boat, and the captain ghost tries to scare Patrick (Spongebob was already scared enough.). he two end up scared and run off to tell Mr. Krabs about what happened, only to find out Mr. Krabs only wants the gold.

So, they go off, and Mr. Krabs nabs the gold, which ends up in Squidward, Patrick, and Mr. Krabs suffering eternal suffering. Sandy then helps out the three and the ghost takes back the gold, but Spongebob finds out It belongs to the Flying Dutchman(Who seemed a bit more evil than he used to be) and kills the ghosts and the Spongebob crew (with the exception of Gary, as he didn't appear this episode.) This episode was creepy, funny, and random all in one episode. Can't get better than that.

10/10 A+ Best Halloween Special EVER.

• spongebob makes a scary+epic special

SpongeBob and Patrick are laying on the ground watching the clouds until they see a haunted house boat. Patrick wants to check it out so the buddies do. Patrick thinks the boat is lame, but SpongeBob thinks its real. Then they meet Lord Poltergeist who sings a sea shanty by Patrick's request. SpongeBob asks why Lord Poltergeist is in Bikini Bottom and it is because ther's a broken headgasket. Lord Poltergeist takes their souls but gives SpongeBob a dubloon to buy a new headgasket in 24 hours. SpongeBob and Patrick run to the Krusty Krab and tell the customers about the ghosts. The customers run away and Mr. Krabs wants to know what's with the chaos. SpongeBob tells him about Lord Poltergeist and how he stole their souls but gave them a dubloon. Mr. Krabs takes the dubloon and takes a headgasket from a car. Sandy then appears with ghost equipment and wants to catch some ghosts. The five go back to the boat where Mr. Krabs steal the dubloons and hands bags to Squidward and Patrick. Lord Poltergeist appears and SpongeBob givess him the headgasket. The lord gives SpongeBob and Patrick orange soda instead of their souls and sucks Mr. Krabs, Squidward and Patrick into the void and shows them their greatest fears. Sandy sucks the three back into her equipment. Then Mr. Krabs and Lord Poltergeist fight for the dubloons. SpongeBob catches it and realizes it belongs to the Flying Dutchman then calls him. The Flying Dutchman comes by to reclaim his dubloons. Lord Poltergeist runs away until the boat breaks down. Finally the Flying Dutchman turns into a torpedo that makes a void. The episode finishes with the Krusty Krab in the void with new workers and customers.

Amazing episode!!!

very scary cause it has a great plot

everyone was in theira game.

sandy was heroic

mr.krabs was greedy

squidward was plain great

patrick was my favorite in this episode

spongebob-just amazing

everyone did their part, this was a great special, proving once again, spongebob Still gots it!

this episode gets a 10/10, nothing was bad about this episode

watch it when you can everyone, its worth it

• Oh My Gosh!!! BEST Halloween special I've ever seen and it's also one of the greatest SpongeBob specials I've ever seen plus one of Season 8's best

I am so happy that the creators actually decide to make the first SpongeBob Halloween episode since "Scaredy Pants/I Was a Teenage Gary". The only difference is that this Halloween special is 30 minutes long. Now, I don't know if this is a Halloween episode because they didn't mention Halloween once. Then again, this special involved ghosts and a haunted house which made it feel like a Halloween episode so I guess you can call this a Halloween special. I loved this special because it's not only the best SpongeBob Halloween episode I've ever seen but it's also one of the greatest SpongeBob specials I've ever seen plus it's definitely one of Season 8's best. The only thing I didn't really like was the very end but I can let that slide. I can ignore the very ending and just focus on the amazing things in this special. Also, if you were worried that this would be another Plankton special like "Frozen Face Off" or "The Great Patty Caper"... don't worry, it is NOT a Plankton special so feel free to watch this special. I really liked that that ghost of the haunted house, I thought he was an awesome character and a great addition to this special. Patrick thinking that the haunted house is lame because he thinks that everything was fake is so freakin' funny. The "pizza with anchovies" joke was funny. SpongeBob and Patrick running all the way to the Krusty Krab scared (plus stop for ice cream on their way) was really funny. Sandy using her ghost detector to track down that ghost was very good. SpongeBob calling the Flying Dutchman when that ghost in the haunted house has his property definitely made me LOL. More parts made me laugh as well. The ghost sucking in Patrick, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs where they have go through their eternal suffer was pure awesome and I loved the animation. Anyone notice how the animation is getting better and a little more advanced? Well... I'm definitely loving the animation in this special. I also most certainly enjoyed the ghost's song. The Flying Dutchman turning into a torpedo (I think that's what it is) and shoots down everyone and apparently killed them was so epic... although, that might have been a little dark and scary for little kids to see. Everyone was pretty dead and they are in the ghost Krusty Krab. So yeah, I don't think anyone will have problems with this special except for the very ending. Overall, despite the very end of the special, this is truly the greatest and most awesome SpongeBob special I've ever seen. 10/10

• Possibly the best of Season 8

The Flying Dutchman returns to Bikini Bottom, finds SpongeBob, and tells him of treasure hidden in an abandoned and haunted house, but warns him of a terrible ghost named the Lord Poltergeist who haunts the house. So SpongeBob, Patrick, Mr. Krabs and Squidward go to visit the haunted house.

Overall a perfect episode and is hilarious

10 out of 10