SpongeBob SquarePants

Gullible Pants

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Jun 05, 2009 on Nickelodeon

• SB had clearly run out of ideas by this episode.

Season 6-9, Why are you so awful? I want old SB! (Oh wait, Hillenburg, you'll save this show right?)

This episode was certainly no exception to Season 6's suckiness, it was Dull, and really...... Bizarre. But I forgot one other reason it sucked.

Mr. Krabs getting an injury from his greedy money habit and leaving somebody in charge of the KK? I've seen that before, but where?.............

Oh yeah, Squid's Day Off! The entire plot is a copy. In that episode, Squid was left in charge of the KK. This time, it's SB. Wow, huge deal.

I will be shocked if I hear SB is finally going back to originality with new plots. And if so, please don't be stupid.

• Another overrated episode!

Once again, I agree with the negative reviews. This episode was DISGUSTING! SpongeBob and Patrick get dumber and dumber every new episode.

UPDATE ON FEBRUARY 2 (originally posted last year on July 19): Nick has an upcoming show called Breadwinners that airs in 20 days. Today I found the pilot on YouTube and showed it to my family. EVERYONE HATED IT! They all said it was the worst thing they'd seen in their lives. And that includes The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure (2012), Spider's Web: A Pig's Tale (2006), and Rabbids Invasion. So I won't be surprised when Breadwinners gets a 1.9 just like Marvin Marvin here at and Spider's Web: A Pig's Tale at IMDb. My Aunt said I should rate it as low as possible just to get the score down. Unfortunately, the lowest one can rate is 1, unless you are a prolific author. I have been working on that for months (6 plus months), so I can rate stuff like Marvin Marvin, Fred: The Show, and The Oogieloves a 0.0. Breadwinners is next on my "to rate 0.0 once I can" list.

UPDATE ON FEBRUARY 18: Breadwinners premiered yesterday. I have reviewed it. It's bad but not as bad as Sanjay and Craig.
  • great

Mr. Krabs is counting his money in the Krusty Krab, but when he got to his 456th coin, he split his nail. He called in for an appointment, but they wanted him immediately. When he tried to go out, he went out the secret exit. When he got to the door, SpongeBob asked him where he's going. Mr. Krabs said it was a "top secret". Then SpongeBob asked who is going to be in charge when he's gone. Since Squidward is was sleeping (like usual), he puts SpongeBob in charge of the Krusty Krab. SpongeBob is determined to do the best job when he is in charge. SpongeBob wakes up Squidward, who is asleep, and tells him to continue working. Squidward knows that SpongeBob is gullible, so he said that he was supposed to sleep, and to not wake him up. When SpongeBob asked him who is going to take orders, Squidward told him to do it. SpongeBob knows he has to cook patties, give them to the customers, and to clean the toilets. So, Squidward lied again by pointing to a random customer and said he wants to be a fry cook, and let him cook his own patty. So, SpongeBob let this customer cook the patties. Then, Squidward saw SpongeBob serving the food to the customers, and Squidward said that SpongeBob's hands are filthy, but his feet are clean (SpongeBob's hands are clean and his feet are filthy). So, SpongeBob serves the food with his feet. (gross) Later, SpongeBob ordered some furniture to make the Krusty Krab look more nicer. Squidward lied once again and told SpongeBob that Mr. Krabs keeps the Krusty Krab a mess to make the food seem to taste better. So, SpongeBob covered the entire inside of the Krusty Krab with garbage and sluge. The customers started to leave, and Squidward said to bring them back, SpongeBob must provide some entertainment for them. SpongeBob started to dance, and the customers started to become afraid of him. When Mr. Krabs got back, he found SpongeBob dancing like a goofball, the customers cowarding in fear, the Krusty Krab covered in garbage, some stranger cooking the patties, and Squidward sleeping on the job. SpongeBob explained he did everything Sqidward told him by telling him Mr. Krabs' secrets. Mr. Krabs thinks Squidward told him about his split nail. So, since SpongeBob is still in charge, Mr. Krabs had to clean dishes, and he hurt his finger. The episode ends with SpongeBob dancing like crazy again cornering a bunch of customers.

8.5 out of 10

• Meh!!! this was an okay episode

In my opinion, this is the worst episode of the week and it ended on a very disappointing note. It wasn't the worst SpongeBob episode I've ever seen but it is the worst SpongeBob episode of this week. I did think it was funny that Mr. Krabs left the Krusty Krab for a little bit to get his nail fixed and puts SpongeBob in charge of the Krusty Krab for like 15 minutes. It was very funny that SpongeBob got excited because Mr. Krabs put him in charge. SpongeBob also doing his dance to entertain the Krusty Krab customers was hilarious but it was scaring them instead. It was also funny when Mr. Krabs made SpongeBob the manager after SpongeBob told him that he knows all of his secrets but he didn't mean Mr. Krabs' nails though. My major problem with this episode was Squidward. Alright... I know the title of this episode is called "Gullible Pants" but I didn't like it when SpongeBob would believe anything that Squidward would tell him. I didn't like it when Squidward told SpongeBob to serve the food to the customers with his feet. I didn't like it when Squidward told SpongeBob to make the Krusty Krab as filthy as possible. Overall, an okay episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants" but it most certainly ended on a disappointing note and there could have been an ending improvement. 6/10
  • Um...did anyone else think the week ended on a disappointing note?

Without a doubt, this one was the worst of the week. Basically all it was was Squidward tricking Spongebob into doing silly and gross things so he would get in trouble (I guess that's why) while being in charge at the Krusty Krab. It was also sort of a ripoff of Squid's Day Off. You know what I mean? In that episode, Mr. Krabs had to leave work because of an accident related to his love for money. Same exact thing here. Other than that, it wasn't a ripoff, however, and there were a couple of things that saved this from getting a lower score. One was Spongebob dancing (the first time when the customers were scared of him, not at the very end. That was just silly.), and Sponge freaking out over being in charge. That's about all I can think of that made me chuckle. One more thing... wasn't the Krusty Krab already a dump without all the garbage covering the inside (as said in The Original Fry Cook)? Overall, a disappointing episode that I wouls recommend watching while near a toilet if you have a weak stomach (not saying I do). Oh, well. Hopefully the upcoming 10th anniversary celebration will be a blast. Marebear2009, out!
  • OK episode... but now I see what's happening with the series.

Okay, so this wasn't the most original episode ever... but it was still overall good. I liked how Squidward got Spongebob to do all those ridiculous (but unoriginal) things. The part when the guy tells his girlfriend/wife "You can have my food" was funny (he didn't want it because Spongebob was handling it with his feet). Okay, and now about the series... I think the episodes seem to be going, er, "slower." The episodes of the first 5 seasons (and most of the ones I have seen from season 6) had a more complex or longer plot, and the jokes were funnier. But now, it seems as though the developers are running out of ideas, and don't want to copy or be too similar to other episodes or shows. Thus, the plots are shorter and not as original, the jokes aren't as funny, and the episodes seem to develop slower, so at the end I am thinking to myself "Is that it?" I hope the developers realize this and step up the production. I'll be wathcing the new episodes next week, and I hoope they are better.
  • Gross!

1.8
    SpongeBob is determined to do a great job when he is left in charge of the Krusty Krab for fifteen minutes. The start, Mr. Krabs split his nail while counting money. It was already gross because of the close-up of his nail. And then when SpongeBob was dirtying the Krusty Krab. It was also very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very gross when SpongeBob served with his feet. The only part that made me give credit to this episode when Squidward was sleeping.
  • Not a good episode for the end of the premiere week, but it was still good.

I wasn't too excited to see this as a Friday episode, but if you ask me, I think the other episodes that week were at a slow pace. This episode was good throughout, but it had a couple problems. First of all, I can not believe Spongebob was dumb enough to be tricked by Squidward to trash the entire Krusty Krab. Its his favorite job and he acts like he does not like it at all (of course because he was tricked by Squidward). On the other hand, I laughed about every moment.

Overall, I give this episode a C. The humor was good, but the plot could have been better thought out.
  • It's OK

I, personally feel, think the scores too high.
    I'm not saying that it's bad, but the episode just has a few too many flaws for me to over look.
    One, Spongerbob is not that dumb, sorry, but he know better.
    ...That's really the one that stuck out the most-I'd go into some more but I feel like I've wrote so many reviews like that.
    Though I have got to give it some crebit for having some alright, (the dancing) "Chahchcahach", so funny!
    Anyway, OK over all, but the plot needed a little more for it to become anything really worth noting or talking about.
  • Great Episode!

Okay, so Mr. Krabs leaves SpongeBob in charge of the Krusty Krab when he has to get his nails done. Squidward is telling SpongeBob all the wrong things to do when in charge of the Krusty Krab, and all the customers are freaked out. It's a very good idea, and I think it was done pretty well. It is an episode that really shows that spongebob trusts squidward and will do anything he says. Poor Spongebob, he didn't even know he was being used by Squidward so he would look bad when Mr. Krabs came back from his nail fixing.
  • Another Great Episode.

Gullible pants is very gullible of great! This episode is an all time favourite, It's always going to be a classic! I loved the plot, Besides, Spongebob loves that fifteen minutes of his life as much as i love the fifteen minutes of mine! While spongebob is left in charge things get crazy! Well, To some people they would say it gets funnier! This episode is amazing! I have never saw spongebob be left in charge for a couple minutes and be told that he had to work hard or do a great job, For mr. krabs. It's usally squidward who has large rolls in krusty krab episodes like skill crane, But it's spongebob now? That made this episode complete! Overall,
    A+
  • Ugh, a little dissapointment at the end of the Deep Sea Danger Zone.

Guillable Pants: Sadly, I agree with some people, Squid's Day Off much? Luckily, Squid doesn't get a vacation! But here's some signs that surprised me: Mr. Krabs gets an injury and Spongebob is left in-charge. Squidward wants to sabotage Spongebob's performance for being in-charge, such as dirtying up the Krusty Krab, make a customer the frycook, and goof-ish entertainment that cowers the customers. At least Squidward didn't get hurt, but unfortunately nothing was funny, it was boring, and I don't see what's wrong with Spongebob's goof-ish dancing, but it made me speechless. I'll go get the whoopee cushion. Next time, make a better episode. Although, the idea for Spongebob being in-charge was a great idea right now and ALREADY.

Episode Grade: C-
  • Spongebob Gets Left In Charge.

I thought this episode was Ok. The only part i didn't like about it was the ending. It was still good though. Although, there was one funny scene which was when Mr. Krabs came in and saw what the Krusty Krab looked like and Spongebob said Squidward knows your secret. That was a funny scene though. Still, it felt a little odd seeing as Mr. Krabs had to go to the doctor just because his Hand got Hurt a little ( I forget how he got hurt though). For some reason, this episode reminded me of Squid's Day Off because the episode was somewhat similar to it.

Overall Grade: B
  • Another great episode to end a great week!

While Mr.Krabs was counting his money he broke a bit of his nail, so he wanted to go get a manicure! He stumbles upon Spongebob and lets him in charge of the Krusty Krab until he gets back. Spongebob firsts tells Squidward he's in charge and makes him stop napping on the job. Squidward starts to get mad and tricks Spongebob by telling him all the "secrets" of the Krusty Krab , which aren't true so he can get him in trouble by Mr.Krabs. Squidward tells Spongebob that he can sleep during work, he should serve food with his feet instead of his hands, and to make the Krusty Krab really dirty and make it a huge mess so people would like the expectations, he also tricked him into making a random person doing his job as fry cook. Mr.Krabs returned to the Krusty Krab and saw it was a huge mess. Spongebob told him that Squidward told him all his secrets and Mr.Krabs would do anything so the word doesn't get out, so Spongebob put him to work cleaning the dishes. I would've rated this a 10 but it didn't have too much of a great ending. Still one of the best of the week!