SpongeBob SquarePants

Home Sweet Rubble

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Apr 04, 2012 on Nickelodeon

• Pointless episode

This episode is pointless. It's basically a remake of Home Sweet Pineapple from Season 1. Once again the new writers have proved that they are running out of ideas. And guess what else? When I watched this episode today, there was a commercial saying the Rabbids are invading other Nick shows! And come on. Don't they get that nearly no one likes The Haunted Hathaways, and Big Time Rush is supposed to be over now! They are REALLY getting DESPERATE to try and promote the Rabbids Invasion! But back on topic, this episode gets a 2 because of the one funny part where Patrick was in the White House. 2.25/10, for the Patrick bit.

UPDATE ON FEBRUARY 2 (originally posted last year on August 26): Nick has an upcoming show called Breadwinners that airs in 20 days. Today I found the pilot on YouTube and showed it to my family. EVERYONE HATED IT! They all said it was the worst thing they'd seen in their lives. And that includes The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure (2012), Spider's Web: A Pig's Tale (2006), and Rabbids Invasion. So I won't be surprised when Breadwinners gets a 1.9 just like Marvin Marvin here at and Spider's Web: A Pig's Tale at IMDb. My Aunt said I should rate it as low as possible just to get the score down. Unfortunately, the lowest one can rate is 1, unless you are a prolific author. I have been working on that for months (6 plus months), so I can rate stuff like Marvin Marvin, Fred: The Show, and The Oogieloves a 0.0. Breadwinners is next on my "to rate 0.0 once I can" list.

UPDATE ON FEBRUARY 18: Breadwinners premiered yesterday. I have reviewed it. It's bad but not as bad as Sanjay and Craig.
  • Didn't see that coming.

After many bad episode bombs by Season 8, it finally recovered because of this episode. This episode was a classic. I loved how they turned SpongeBob's house into a fancy one. The only part I didn't like was the ending.

8.7/10 B+
  • SpongeBob gets his pals to help him fix up pineapple home, which is in need of repairs.

SpongeBob gets his pals to help him fix up pineapple home, which is in need of repairs. This episode was excellent. The title is almost exactly like Home Sweet Pineapple, expect that Sandy and Mr. Krabs were involved with the storyline as well. I liked/laughed the beginning, Squidward thinking it's the big one (while it actually SpongeBob's pineapple), Patrick's immigration (it went a tad long though since he just stand there glaring), one of the customers at the Krusty Krab knows how to open the cashier, Patrick stretching Squidward the whole house (definitely the funniest part), Sandy putting up science related stuffs on SpongeBob's house, Squidward then destroyed the house thanks to that view, and the ending. Overall, an excellent episode of SpongeBob. 10/10
  • SpongeBob gets the help of his friends Patrick, Squidward, Mr. Krabs, and Sandy to fix his pineapple home

SpongeBob gets his pals to help him fix up pineapple home, which is in need of repairs. I thought that this was a perfect episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". Now this seems very similar to the Season 1 episode "Home Sweet Pineapple" but I really didn't care though since the writers did a fantastic job making this episode. As long as the storyline is well done then that's all that matters. In fact, this episode was a little better than "Home Sweet Pinapple". I enjoy this episode more than "Home Sweet Pineapple" because all of SpongeBob's friends are helping fix his pineapple home this time which I loved seeing. There were also tons of hilarious and very creative humor that were well done in this episode such as Patrick's dream, Sandy's finger being stuck to her hammer invention and then the invention falls on her, Patrick stretching Squidward all over SpongeBob's pinapple home, SpongeBob asking Gary "Gary, do you ever feel like no one listens to you?" when SpongeBob isn't listening to Gary about feeding him, and more. Everyone's role in this episode was so fantastic and funny in their own way. Mr. Krabs was funny, Patrick was funny, Sandy was funny, Squidward was funny, and SpongeBob was funny. Mainly the supporting main characters are funny though but yeah, I just loved everyone here. I also really loved the surprise ending with SpongeBob opening the can and it turns out to be a "Furnished Pineapple Home In A Can" all thanks to Gary and I honestly did not expect to see that. Now I know why Gary was trying to get SpongeBob's attention throughout the episode. Overall, a hilarious, creative, and well done episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants"... it may be similar to "Home Sweet Pinapple" but this episode is honestly better than that episode in my opinion. 10/10
  • Probably one of the best episodes I have seen of SpongeBob since Season 3

SpongeBob has had its ups and downs throughout the premiere week, but this episode is one of the best yet. It is closely related to Home Sweet Pineapple, but I didn't really care about that. The episode starts with SpongeBob's pineapple molding, which was good, and it started the running gag of SpongeBob needing to feed Gary, which I didn't see that coming as a solution to the problem. Next up, which I have to say is one of the funniest moments in the series, not lying, was Patrick's dream. Patrick stretching Squidward over the house was pretty good too, and Sandy and Mr. Krabs' inclusions were funny as well. However, unlike Restraining SpongeBob, this episode has Patrick's personality on key and funny as well. And then the ending, as unpredictable as could be, actually got a grin out of me. I've hated SpongeBob's ridiculousness in the past seasons, but Season 8 is really getting good, and I hope it doesn't go downhill again. 10 out of 10