SpongeBob SquarePants

InSPONGEiac

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Apr 09, 2012 on Nickelodeon

7.9
  • It's good, apart from Mr. Krabs and Patrick

Well, it starts out with Spongebob mopping at the Krusty Krab when a customer enters, so Spongebob makes a Krabby Patty, but Mr. Krabs (Who, for some reason is in an Ultraviolet sunbed) comes into the scene, to a Spongebob, thinking that he had achieved perfection for the Krabby Patty he created. Mr Krabs pulls the Krabby away, saying that he used too much mustard. He then uses the mustard gage to check how much mustard, and it read 101%. Which, of course, makes Mr. Krabs mad. How many times have these writers used that awful joke? Because it wasn't funny in the first place. That is our fist problem with this episode. The next one comes immediately afterwards. Mr Krabs reckons that Spongebob didn't get enough sleep last night. Spongebob then admits that he did go to sleep 2 minutes later than usual. Mr Krabs then calls Spongebob an insomniac. The second problem of this episode. That awful joke is used immediately afterwards. If Mr. Krabs really wants to know what insomnia is, he can come see me for details. He then asks Spongebob to cook, but, according to Mr. Krabs, he lifted the patty from one side, instead of straight up, asking if Spongebob is trying to sabotage his restaurant. So, so far, Mr Krabs has criticised Spongebob for using one more percentage of mustard, sleeping 2 minutes later than usual, and flipping a patty from one side rather than straight up. This is what I call a "Mr. Krabs is a hated character" episode. You haven't seen the last of this for this episode, but we luckily get a break from Mr. Krabs for now. Spongebob then goes home and says that he never had any problems sleeping, so he tries to go to bed early that night. Spongebob, all of a sudden loses his ability to sleep, which means Mr. Krabs has probably made things worse, over nothing. Then, all of a sudden, Spongebob says that it is 5 hours before he has to go to work. At this moment, look at Spongebob's alarm clock. Notice how it says 1 o'clock in the morning. Does this mean that Spongebob has to be at work for 6 I thought he had to be at work for 9 in "New Digs". That's weird. Spongebob then realises that he needs help getting to sleep, so he visits the other character who brought the score down for this episode: Patrick. A bit of trivia, Squidward's house was missing while Spongebob went from his home to Patrick's. Spongebob wakes Patrick up, who, because of tiredness, mistakes Spongebob for a Sponge cake. Spongebob then swears at Patrick (Well, it sounds like he does) then, Patrick decides to read Spongebob a story. Which, because Patrick is once again an idiot, wakes him up. Yes, instead of helping Spongebob sleep, he helps him stay awake. Think of this as a reference to the episode: "The Splinter" where "Doctor Patrick" doesn't help with the splinter, he just makes it even worse. Yes, I did find Patrick's "Get up, be active" song rather amusing, but he's still being a stupid idiot! Then to waste more time and make himself look more of an idiot than he already was, Patrick lets Spongebob into a secret of his Grandma, who apparently suffered from "severe toe barnacles" And that picture he shown, I just found disgusting. He then shows Spongebob the cure she created. Spongebob asks Patrick how it would help with his insomnia, but Patrick just forces him to drink it. Spongebob asks him what the drink was, but Patrick replies: "Coffee" Spongebob then goes completely hyper, crashes out of Patrick's house, and runs down the road, getting more and more tired, causing him to have more hallucinations. Just then, a massive mustard-dispensing Mr. Krabs starts chasing Spongebob. Can I just say that this episode was originally based on Mr Krabs having a nightmare about turning into a mustard dispenser? And that was not going to happen due to scaring younger kids? It's just that they showed Plankton trying to get hit by a bus in "One Coarse Meal" but not show this? I think that the episode would've gotten a higher mark for the original plot. Spongebob then goes through even more series of weird events, when "Sir Cecil the sleep wizard" throws magic dust onto Spongebob, who then wakes up in Gary's litter tray. This part of the story I actually liked, which is the reason this episode is not getting a low score. So Spongebob managed to get some sleep, but we find out that he is even more tired than he was the previous day. But who is to blame for that, I wonder? (Mr. Krabs) He then goes to work, walking the opposite way than he usually does, because the Krusty Krab is suddenly that way. Mr Krabs then realises that Spongebob is doing unusual things at work. So Mr. Krabs then realises that Spongebob had not been getting enough sleep, so Spongebob, as he does in most episodes just has to cry. Spongebob turns out to be crying the perfect amount of mustard out of his eyes, so Mr. Krabs grabs Krabby patties, makes Spongebob cry, so he can cry the mustard onto them. So, just to sum things up, Mr Krabs is allowed to criticise Spongebob for using 1% more mustard, criticise him for getting to sleep 2 minutes later than usual, criticise him for flipping the Krabby Patty from one side instead of straight up, and now make him cry? And then Squidward gets to say the last line of the episode of "Best day at work ever" which is just stupid, because I thought that he couldn't stand Spongebob's crying in "A Day Without Tears" So if I was Squidward right there, I would've kept my mouth shut. So yes, this episode was good and would've got a very good score if it hadn't been for Mr. Krabs and Patrick. Sorry about the very long review, I will give this episode a 6/10.
  • A hilarious, crazy episode! Reminded me a lot of Squidward in Clarinetland.

This was probably one of my favorite episodes that aired in the two weeks of new episodes. It had a pretty decent plot along with some hilarious, crazily bizarre moments. :) The ending with Spongebob crying mustard and Squidward's final line was rather mediocre, but everything else was fantastic, I must say.:D Patrick's whole part throughout was by far the most hilarious part of the episode, especially when he gave Spongebob coffee.XD I still laugh about that to myself all the time. Spongebob's hallucinations near the end were also crazy, bizarre, and awesome to see. So overall, except for the ending, this was a pretty amazing episode.:D Grade: A. Marebear2009, out!

~dedicated to tigerdude22~
  • WAY BETTER THAN KAREN 2.0

Great. Hilarious how Spongebob can't sleep at all.
  • little bit scary

the title card scared me a little bit
  • Meh, not the best

SpongeBob has difficulty falling asleep, while Patrick struggles to stay awake. I don't hate this episode, but I thought this episode was just alright. I wanted to see this episode since a while back because it was announced on August. This episode was getting very boring and I thought some of the parts went slow. Plus, I don't find the ending that amusing, it was unneed to hear SpongeBob's crying for no reason...not even Squidward's last line save that part. Also, Mr. Krabs was mean at the beginning complaining about the mustard. Anyway, those were the parts that dropped the score steadlly. The funniest part was when SpongeBob having nightmare. It was really funny but the creepiest was when a bunch of Squidwards popped out, taunting at SpongeBob. Patrick was very funny here as well. Overall, this episode could have done better, but the most enjoyable scene is definitly SpongeBob's nightmare. 6.5/10
  • The ending was what made this episode

From what Squidward thought he was seeing was truly funny. Squidward thinks Mr Krabs is giving Spongebob terrible criticism for bad fry cooking, and causing Spongebob to cry. But Mr. Krabs was just trying to make Spongebob cry out all the mustard he absorbed into his spongey body.
  • Pretty mean-spirited

In this episode, Mr. Krabs convinces SpongeBob that he's got insomnia, which causes him to have trouble falling asleep that night.

Sure, SpongeBob has gotten a lot more annoying the longer he's been on the air. But even so, after everything he goes through in this episode, it's hard not to feel sorry for him. First, Mr. Krabs berates him for using something like a drop more mustard on the Krabby Patties than he allows, and then proclaims that SpongeBob is an insomniac just because SpongeBob went to bed "two minutes later than usual." This causes SpongeBob to become so paranoid that he really can't sleep that night. He goes over to Patrick for help...but all Patrick does is be loud and encourage SpongeBob to stay awake, and finally giving him coffee. SpongeBob is forced to run off all the extra energy until he crashes, and ends up having a surreal dream where he's chased by Mr. Krabs with mustard nozzles for eyes and eaten by Patrick, among other things. In the end, SpongeBob doesn't get a good night's sleep, and he begins crying in shame after he goes to work and falls into the mustard. At the end of the episode, Mr. Krabs makes SpongeBob cry some more when he realizes that he's crying the perfect amount of mustard, while Squidward looks on and says "Best day of work ever."

Okay, I'll admit, there are plenty of times where SpongeBob has exhibited some questionable behavior, and was in dire need of a humbling. Despite this, seeing Mr. Krabs using SpongeBob's misery for his own gain, combined with Squidward visibly taking pleasure in the scene, and all when SpongeBob was just trying to do his job right, was pretty shocking and mean.

Overall, if you have a soft spot for SpongeBob, this is not a good episode. What he really needed was a hug...and maybe a lullaby.
  • Decent episode

So, I think this episode was decent. The only problem in here was the beginning. Mr. Krabs was overreacting to SpongeBob's simple mistakes.

7.4 C+
  • SpongeBob becomes an insomniac

SpongeBob has difficulty falling asleep, while Patrick struggles to stay awake. It's the start for Week 2 of brand new SpongeBobs and it started off excellently. I thought that this was a very well done episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". Nickelodeon has announced this episode since August 2011 and after waiting so long, it finally aired and it was actually worth the wait. The idea of SpongeBob having insomnia which means that he has difficulty falling asleep was awesome. I'll admit, the episode was a little slow-moving at times but that's not the reason why my score is a tad low though. I can easily ignore the fact that the episode is slow-moving at times but my score is a tad low because of the ending of the episode... it just bugged me a little and could've ended better. While SpongeBob crying out mustard was kinda funny, it was just mostly mean of Mr. Krabs to make him cry just so the right amount of mustard can be on the patties and Squidward's last line "Best day of work ever" bugged me slightly more and that was being kinda mean. As for the humor, I can't really say this is the funniest episode ever because I have twice as much funnier episodes than this one but it was still well done. The parts that did make me laugh would have to be Patrick's part like when he was reading a bedtime story to SpongeBob and singing SpongeBob that "get up, get active" song and (well, you get the point), and maybe 2 more parts. SpongeBob's hallucination was also funny but is also crazy and awesome to look at. I just wish we saw more of SpongeBob's hallucination though because it only lasted 2 minutes and I would've preferred to see at least 4 minutes of SpongeBob's hallucination to add more insane things in there. That's probably my favorite part of the episode. Overall, this was a excellent episode of "Spongebob SquarePants" even though it could've ended better. 9.5/10
  • Werrrridest episode...

This episode makes me think i'm high! haha but it was very good.! i was hoping there would be a A and B story (spongebob not sleeping and pat not awake) but i enjoyed this more! Patricks part was the best XD he's to funny, spongebobs "dream" was sooo tripy and weird! i loved it! ending was ehh but the last line makes me laugh!