SpongeBob SquarePants

Krusty Dogs / The Wreck of the Mauna Loa

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Oct 09, 2010 on Nickelodeon

7.8
  • didn't see mana loa, but krusty dogs sucked

krusty dogs was boring and unfunny
  • "IT WAS THE

The krusty dogs episode is badly written (we all know was ok.
  • I did'nt really like ether of them....

5.5

Krusty Dogs-A badidea from the start. Listen I think hotdogs would be better than hamburgers. Also it's terribly written. Also it's border-line dirty languague. They say "wiener" at least 12 times.. Not a good episode

The Wreck Of Mauna Loa- A decent episode. Better than Krusty Dogs at least. Nice idea. Mr.Krab's curiosity ruins it. Patrick and Spongebob make the episode funny. Not Mr.Krabs trying to but in and steal what they've been doing by them-selves

• Krusty Dogs: Spongebob invents Krusty Dogs but when they become more popular than the patties are they doomed forever. The Wreak of the Mauna Loa: When Spongebob and Patrick find a ship wreak they try and keep there hideout a secret but not

Krusty Dogs

When I first watched this episode I found it to be pretty dull. After a re watch I found it to be much better. The plot was pretty good and I loved some of the jokes. Everyone was in character and the episode turned out to be very good. Even though the plot kind of mirrored "Patty Hype" they still managed to vary it a bit.

Score for Krusty Dogs: B, 3.5/5, 7.5/10, Great

The Wreak of Mauna Loa

A great episode. I loved the plot (Again) and it had some great jokes (Again) I found it to be quite boring at times but it was still great. The ending was hilarious which raised my score from 7.5 to 8.0. I'd say it was on level with "Buried in Time" which was great.

Score for The Wreak of the Mauna Loa: B+, 4/5, 8/10, Excellent
  • Krusty Dogs is the perfect episode for you if you have a dirty mind (like me), but the Mauna Loa was worse, but perfect.

10 out of 10

• Krusty Dogs was perfect, but I didn't enjoyed the other that much...

Krusty Dogs: It was a perfect episode. It was funny that SpongeBob turning the patty into a hat, Gary, and a telephone. Then he turns it into a weenie. Mr. Krabs started selling hot dogs. SpongeBob saying "Pinch me Squidward" and Squidward said "Pinch yourself nimmy." I wish SpongeBob wasn't harsh to the hot dogs menu since he liked the Krabby Patty better than the weenie. I'll let it slide though. The kid kicking Squidward was very funny. Squidward acting like in pain was very funny as well. SpongeBob being an old man was the highlight in the episode. The ending was hilarious. Overall, this episode was perfect and it made me hungry every time I watch it. 10/10

The Wreck of the Mauna Loa: It was not as perfect as Krusty Dogs. Some scenes were boring and Mr. Krabs was greedy in this episode. Those made my score a lower. It is about SpongeBob and Patrick finding a wrecked ship. It was funny that Patrick puts the coin in his pants. SpongeBob dreaming during work was funny. Patrick putting a Mauna Loa and a plastic thing was very funny. Overall, this episode was great, but not as perfect as Krusty Dog though. 8/10

• Krusty Dogs was great! Wreck of the Mauna Loa wasn't bad, but not nearly as good as its partner.

Krusty Dogs: This was a hilarious episode! The plot was very original, and it had numerous great gags, such as the beginning with Sponge sculpting random things out of krabby patty meat, Spongebob's reaction when Mr. Krabs took krabby patties off the menu, and Squidward having to dress up as a hot dog and then a krabby patty. I didn't understand why the kid and his mother kicked him while he was dressed up, but that sure was hilarious!XD All of Sponge's and Squid's attempts to get people to stop eating the krusty dogs were also very funny. My overall grade for this episode is an A+! As for the second episode, it was alright, but not great. It had a good plot, but it was sort of weird and not very funny. I also thought Patrick was being a little too stupid when he kept trying to reveal the secret hideout, but I did laugh when he made that huge sign. I also didn't really like the twist in the plot that the boat was really an amusement park ride, but I did like the ending when Mr. Krabs finally got punished for something since he usually gets away with doing illegal things, i,e, stealing food, counterfeit, etc. I also did like that Sponge and Pat found the real boat in the end. So, overall, this was an alright episode, but one of the worst of this season so far. Final grade: C. Marebear2009, out!
  • @Krusty Dogs: Get lost! @The Wreck of Mauna Loa: Sorry, your rating got lowered.

4.8
    Krusty Dogs: When SpongeBob creates a wiener out of leftover ingredients, both Mr. Krabs and the customers see it, try it, and end up liking it! Soon the hot dogs become the Krusty Krab's new best seller, but SpongeBob soon regrets coming up with the Krusty Dog as it threatens the very existence of the Krabby Patty from being on the menu of the Krusty Krab! This is the worst trash ever!

0.6

The Wreck of the Mauna Loa: SpongeBob and Patrick discover a wrecked pirate treasure ship that had been lost underground for many years. SpongeBob takes great lengths to keep this new secret hideout a secret, but Patrick's loose lips may soon reveal the whole secret of the sunken ship to a greedy Mr. Krabs and the entire population of Bikini Bottom! This episode was 15 times better.

• Both of the episodes were perfect

Krusty Dogs: I thought that this was a perfect episode. I thought SpongeBob coming up with something new was a good idea and everyone loving the krusty dogs was a good idea but did everyone have to say "weiner" so much in this episode... oh well, I'm a guy so I find that funny. I thought it was funny when Mr. Krabs told SpongeBob that he was gonna take krabby patties right out of the menu and then SpongeBob freaks out. It was funny when Squidward was doing his lines in order to get the krabby patties back and then says "What's the line" and SpongeBob whispers "weeiinnnerrr". I also thought it was funny when the little boy kicked Squidward the first time and then the mom kicked Squidward at the end of this episode. Overall, I had no problems with this episode so it was a perfect episode of SpongeBob. 10/10

The Wreck of the Mauna Loa: Just like "Krusty Dogs", this was a perfect episode. The only thing I didn't like was Patrick trying to give away the secret hideout but I'm not gonna take away points because that's something little and I love this episode. I thought it was funny that Mr. Krabs found SpongeBob and Patrick's secret hideout by reading the sign "secret hideout" that Patrick stupidly made. I thought it was interesting that the secret hideout turned out to be an amusement park. I loved it when everyone including SpongeBob and Patrick got on that boat ride that goes up and down. I also thought SpongeBob and Patrick finding the real Mauna Loa at the end was awesome. Overall, this was a perfect episode. 10/10
  • Krusty Dogs: Mr. Krabs changes his menu from Krabby Patties to hot dogs. The Wreck of the Mauna Loa: SpongeBob and Patrick find a lost ship.

Krusty Dogs: Terrible, this one was very dull and boring, just like ''Greasy Buffoons'', and the plot reminds me of ''Greasy Buffoons'' too, it was a ripoff, i actually dont see a hilarious moment in it, all i can say about this one: Boring, Boring, Boring.

Episode Grade: F-

The Wreck of the Mauna Loa: Great episode, much better then ''Krusty Dogs'', i was kinda expecting that the Flying Dutchman would be in it by seing this episode's plot, it had alot of funny moments, favorite part of mine was the destruction of the ship, it was very funny, also the ending was pretty cool, Patrick just cant keep secrets, hahaha.

Episode Grade: A-
  • Spongebob accidentally replaces Krabby Patties with Krusty Dogs, and he and Patrick find a "real" shipwreck.

Krusty Dogs: After making all the Krabby Patties, SB begins to make models of stuff, and ends up making a hot dog. He shows it to Krabs, asking him to add it to the menu, and finally convinces him when he tells him he made it out of spare meat. The timing is perfect, as the customers were getting bored of patties. As not explicitly, Krabs begins to slowly take the patties of the menu, much to SB's sadness. So him and Squid (who was annoyed by the customers) stage a show were Squid fakes stomach-ache because of weiners, and the customers buy it so Krabs has no option but return the menu to normal.

Wreck of Mauna Loa: While SB and Pat are playing tag, they fall on a pit, on a shipwreck. So they start to play pirates, and after Pat falls from the crow nest, on to the storage, they find a tresure, and Pat takes a token and spends it on a patty. But after yelling secret hideout, and Krabs' seeing the token, he decides he wants the booty, and finds it because of Pat's sign (SB & Pat's Secret Hideout). There he finds out it's really a ride (tokens, ticket booth, height sign..) and re-builds it to make profit and makes it public, much to SB and PAt's chargin'. But then when SB and Pat try the ride and love it, and get past the pain of losig the hideout, the ride breaks, and the cops close down the place, SB and Pat go away sad, but fall through some quicksand and find the real Mauna Loa. So SB asks Pat: "Can you keep a secret?" to which Patrick gleefully replies: "No." LOL

Bottom Line: Pretty good pair. Wreck was better IMHO. 8.5/10