SpongeBob SquarePants

Krusty Krushers / The Card

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Nov 28, 2008 on Nickelodeon

7.7
  • I really really wish I could give this pair a 10/10, but The Card is one of my most hated episodes of the whole show.

4.5
    Krusty Krushers was one of my favorite episodes from season 6. Basically Mr. Krabs tricks Spongebob and Patrick into wrestling for him to try and win a million dollars. There are a lot of funny gags with Spongebob and Patrick getting beaten up until the climax where Patrick manages to win the match for him and Spongebob by doing something he was dreaming about in his sleep, and they chose to go to wrestle camp to celebrate their victory. I gave Krusty Krushers a 9.0/10.

That one was good. But the Card... is absolutely awful.

It starts off with filler with Spongebob at the bank, and it ends with him getting his money. This seen could have and should have been excluded from the episode. Spongebob goes and buys some Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy trading cards from the store, and apparently they're all crap. Only one card has any value, Card #54. This fact alone tells that the writers of Spongebob don't know jack about how trading cards work. Trading cards are supposed to have ranging values and rarities to keep the game interesting, and keeping it from stalling. Also, Patrick is there, reading a book on how to count. Yes, Patrick really IS that stupid. Spongebob buys up all but one of the packs, none of them have the only card of value, running him flat broke. Patrick decides that counting isn't worth the time, and buys what Spongebob bought. What did he find? Card #54. Yeah, that is an incredibly predictable plot-twist, but what would you expect? Spongebob went far downhill years ago. Then there are gags where Patrick is doing stuff that could either get him hurt or killed, with Spongebob jumping to the rescue every time. Then Patrick says that he likes to mix up his stupidity from time to time...

stop. Just... stop. Read that line again from the episode again. Patrick: "Spongebob, you can't always expect my usual brand of stupidity. I like to mix it up, keep you on your He's doing this on purpose. But not only in this episode, but he said his USUAL BRAND OF STUPIDITY, so it must include episodes like I'm With Stupid and Squidtastic Voyage, where he was either incredibly mean-spirited, or stupid to the point of endangering his life. This also affects appearances shown afterwards like in episodes Pet Sitter Pat, Little Yellow Book and Yours, Mine, and Mine. He's acting stupid, or he's pretending to be stupid. He's a sociopath solely bent on causing as much pain and suffering to anyone he encounters. But back to the review... sorry. I just had to vent. Patrick goes off a metal gurdurr, right after admitting he does what stupid crud he did on purpose. Spongebob saves him before he and the card gets incinerated. They get back home, and Patrick put the card in his pocket. Spongebob panics because having the card in Patrick's pocket means it's going to get bent up and ruin the card.

Soon afterwards, it's revealed that Patrick had the card in the grotesque folds of his back. Now the card stinks, and Patrick offers to give the card to Spongebob. He however wants to keep the card for the rest of the day, and ends destroying the blasted piece of plastic and it goes complete bust. Spongebob breaks out crying and Patrick reveals he had all of the remaining card #54s. And now I just have to bang my head on a wall. He had all of the cards, and put Spongebob through all that pain just to show that he had all of the cards on him. This episode killed Patrick for me. The fact that everything he did and does is intentional absolutely ruined my perception of the once beloved sidekick, and makes me down-right hate him. The Card killed my childhood and instead of feeling a part of me die, I feel dead inside from this episode. 0/10.
  • First pair was full of laughs while the second was draggy

Krusty Krushers: This was always my favorite season 6 for a reason. It was just full of laughter. Even though Mr. Krabs was greedy in it, I didn't mind since it was funny. I never had a flaw with this episode. I'm glad George Lopez calls it his favorite episode, cause I really agreed with him. I don't really see how people can hate this episode just because it's full of violence. Wrestling episodes are always my favorite type of episode. Anyway, as for my favorite parts here, those were all the wrestlers fail to defeat the two champs, we actually get to hear that "my leg" line again (wow), SpongeBob and Patrick fake wrestling, the champs using them, and more. 10/10

The Card: This episode wasn't as hilarious as Krusty Krushers but it still has its moments. It was kind of draggy for several scenes. It was basically SpongeBob trying to keep the titular card clean for most of the episode. Funny moments: SpongeBob kept holding the customers over a dollar until he got kicked out of the bank, Patrick reading the book, Patricking messing with the card, and the last line. Dethroning moment: Like I said earlier, this episode was basically SpongeBob trying to keep number #54 clean for most of the episode. I found him a tad annoying here since he overreact to the thing too much throughout it. Heartwarming: The ending when Patrick got the other #54 cards. 8.5/10
  • these episodes SUCK

1.5
    the krusty krushers episode sucked, and so did the card, but the card was a slight improvement over krusty krushers
  • Two halfway decent newer Spongebob episodes.

Krusty Krushers: It is watchable because the writers created some unique moments with the pro wrestlers and their prey (SpongeBob and Patrick). They gargle them, put them to sleep, and do all kinds of ridiculous things to them. For a newer episode, it isn't too bad. 5/10

The Card: This episode actually made me hate Patrick a little bit. The ending was good though. 5/10
  • I still love these episodes of Spongebob Squarepants and its still great.

As a long time fan of Spongebob Squarepants since I like watching most of Season 6's episodes I still love these two episodes and I admit that both Krusty Krushers and The Card episodes are very good.

Krusty Krushers: This is a funny episode in Spongebob Squarepants and Spongebob and Patrick were both funny in this episode and I remember watching this at my sister's place it was super funny and I couldn't stop laughing at this episode and the wrestling concept is just funny even the finale of this episode where Patrick working out with the iron on his but is funny even when the two chose to go to wrestling camp rather than getting the money itself and overall a funny episode.

Rating 10/10

The Card: Ok this episode is what people hated the most because the plot of this episode is about Spongebob trying to protect a special rare Mermaid Man and Barnacle boy Card that Patrick is holding in his hand as he starts roaming around town about to destroy the card and Spongebob is trying to protect the card whenever Patrick is in various dangerous areas because it will ruin its value. I admit this episode was super funny and the gags are fun to watch in this episode. The highlights of this episode is Spongebob freaking out over the rare card is super funny. The beginning of this episode with Spongebob getting picky with the money is funny. The comic book store scene is super funny because I laughed really hard on Patrick counting the money to but the comic book. The mud about to Splash in Patrick's body and Spongebob getting covered with the mud is laughable and hilarious. Patrick falling into a hot boiling oil while his body falls into it and Spongebob saves him is funny and Patrick doing various things to the Card like cleaning the barbeque grill etc is super funny. The only flaw in this episode is Spongebob crying over the card is boring and lame. Overall a great episode just as good as its predecessor. Rating 10/10
  • Perfect

Krusty Krushers:

The Card:

10 out of 10

• "Krusty Krushers" was superb while "The Card" was overall great but not one of the best Season 6 episodes

Krusty Krushers: I thought that this was a superb episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". SpongeBob and Patrick being a wrestling team was a very funny idea. Mr. Krabs wants to win money but he is afraid to wrestle the two toughest wrestlers ever so he gets SpongeBob and Patrick to wrestle the wrestlers for them. It was hilarious when every wrestler was beaten up by the two toughest wrestlers in the beginning of the episode. SpongeBob and Patrick trying to threaten the two toughest wrestlers was hilarious especially when SpongeBob's quote was "You see this? just a spatula, right? wrong, this represents your face after I get through with you" or something close to that. It was very funny when the two wrestlers used SpongeBob and Patrick like they were cement. It was also very funny when the wrestlers were rocking SpongeBob and Patrick to sleep. Patrick's iron butt thing was weird but so freakin' hilarious especially when his iron butt broke the two wrestlers. It was also funny when SpongeBob and Patrick chose to go to wrestle camp for one week instead of taking a million dollars. The only thing I didn't like was that Mr. Krabs used SpongeBob and Patrick to be wrestlers just so Mr. Krabs can have the money. Overall, a superb episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". 9/10

The Card: This episode was overall great but it's not one of the best episodes that Season 6 delivered and it's not as good as "Krusty Krushers". Still... this episode was overall great. SpongeBob getting picky with the money at the bank in the beginning of the episode was funny. It was funny when SpongeBob found out from the comic book guy that the rare MermaidMan and BarnacleBoy is a hologram talking card. SpongeBob searching and searching for the rare MermaidMan and BarnacleBoy card was pretty good but it gets kind of boring. Patrick wanting to buy a book that helps you count was funny as well. Patrick luckily got the rare MermaidMan and BarnacleBoy card and SpongeBob wants to make sure that Patrick doesn't ruin it. It was funny when Patrick cleaned his barbeque grill with the rare card (that SpongeBob wants). The ending was also nice when Patrick gave SpongeBob the rare cards because the one pack that Patrick got was filled with the rare cards. My score was a little low because SpongeBob getting freaked out over a rare card was pretty boring and SpongeBob crying over the rare card and all that was getting pretty annoying as well. Overall, not the best Season 6 episode but it was overall great and I did like it. 8/10
  • Krusty Krushers Classic! The Card, bleh

This is a good episode, it really is. Krusty Krushers was about when Mr. Krabs wants to wrestle to get money, but he just kills every wrestler on the ring, so he hires Sponge Bob and Patrick to wrestle. They don't wrestle the right way and get into crazy situations. Patrick even exercises with his but cheeks, my favorite part of the episode was when the "My Leg!" guy returned since like season 3, and when the wrestler burped on the guys face so loud it flew off. It lol'd half of the episode, even though it was a ripoff of Rocko's Modern Life/Ren and Stimpy. It was just too funny!
    Grade A.

The card was about Patrick roaming town destroying a card, it was just stupid and had no humor
    Grade C/D range. I wish I had Krusty Krunchers on DVD. I would watch it quite a lot. I'm beginning to like Waiting more than The Card though!
  • Spongebob at his worst

The new Spongebob lacks what the old Spongebob had. I do not like to complain; or rather I do not like it when I HAVE to complain, but I have too. I really can't put a finger on what was missing, or what has been added that does'nt need to be. I do think that now Spongebob has more "gross jokes" which to me doesn't improve anything. I love for my niece to watch Spongebob, but not THIS Spongebob. It is a little above her. I personally do not get into the new Spongebob. It definitely lacks the humor it once had. I really hope I have made myself clear. Please bring back the old Spongebob!
  • As of now, I am tho only one giving this episode a below average grade.

4.5
    Krusty Krushers:
    Mr. Krabs hatches up yet another get-rich-quick scheme: professional wrestling. But he won't be the one wrestling; he's going to be the manager - and money-handler - for the newest tag-team wrestlers in Bikini Bottom: SpongeBob and Patrick. Grade: 5/10 The Card:
    The new Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy trading cards are on sale, and SpongeBob is determined to get the super special rare talking card. He's stunned when Patrick immediately finds the card without even trying. And to make matters worse, he doesn't treat it with the care and respect SpongeBob believes it deserves. This was just boring but at least not as worse as The Splinter. The only part I liked in this episode is when the Uapon Cocktail music played. Boring, I say!

Grade: 4/10
  • Here we go again.

After the next classic episode, Season 6 goes into its own tricks again.

Krusty Krushers: Mr. Krabs wants to win a wrestling compitition, so he hires SpongeBob and Patrick to fight the wrestlers. Well, they don't know anything about wrestling so they just think of the wrestlers as playmates. The episode was flat and boring. It was even a rip-off of Ren & Stimpy. The ending was predictible.

D

The Card: Okay, nothing happened in this episode. The MM & BB card set has a limited edition card. Okay, the card was just a ad to buy more cards. Huh?! SpongeBob is urgent to get it, put Patrick has it, and treats it badly. Who cares about an ad card? This episode was way to simple. Nothing to write home about.

D-

Season 6, try harder.

D
  • Krusty Krushers was great, the card was kind of boring though.

Well, honestly, Krusty Krushers was good and it was another time you'll see that Mr. Krabs will do anything for money. Even risk the life of his best employee. I thought it was hilarious at the end when Spongebob and Patrick chose Wrestle Camp over the one million dollar prize. For the card, I thought it was all right, but it was just a little boring. All that happens is SpongeBob just tries to save a special card the whole episode. Though I liked the part when Patrick said, "You can't expect my usual brand of Stupidity, I like to mix it up, keeps you on your toes!" Great episodes!!
  • One was fantastic, the other lacked something.

Krusty Krushers: In this episode, Mr. Krabs notices a $1,000,000 reward for beating some wrestlers. Unfortenetley, Mr. Krabs is scared by the challenge, so he gets Spongebob and Patrick to do it. Too bad they think it's a fake wrestling match...

Ok, this episode was awesome! The humor was smart, the things the wrestlers did to Spongebob and Patrick were hilarious, the storyline was really great, and it was histarical at the part where Patrick was flexing his buttcheeks. A+

The Card: This episode was OK. I thought it lacked a little in plot, and it was kind of boring at times. I'm not going to say anything else about this episode. So, it was OK, but was a little boring. C+
  • Finally! A review for this episode.

Krusty Krushers: So, Mr. Krabs goes on another money making spree by doing professional wrestling. Well, I think Mr. Krabs should've fought that wrestling duo, since he was in the navy. Although, he would get hurt. Spongebob and Patrick enter the ring, and notice that wrestling is not meant to be done intentionally. At the end, Spongebob and Patrick win, and Mr. Krabs hopes for the billion dollar prize. But, Spongebob and Patrick take door number two: Wrestle Camp. Heh, if you think they should've taken the money, you thought wrong, Spongebob and Patrick, as I know didn't fake wrestle for the money, but for fun. Also, I expected that Mr. Krabs would never become any more richer! This episode had good character.

C

The Card: I thought this would end up like the same episode, but this also had good character. Cards like these remind me what happen to rare, endangered cards. Patrick ignores Spongebob by making the rare, holographic, platinum talking card number fifty-four go into bad condition. Spongebob avoids the dangers that could damage the card, but when the card is destroyed, it happens. Patrick shows Spongebob the other four existing card number fifty-fours. This episode was very good. Remember, buy more cards!

C

Final: C
  • I liked both of them.

Summary: Krusty Krushers: Mr. Krabs hatches up yet another get-rich-quick scheme: professional wrestling. But he won't be the one wrestling; he's going to be the manager - and money-handler - for the newest tag-team wrestlers in Bikini Bottom: SpongeBob and Patrick.
    This one was good A- The Card: The new Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy trading cards are on sale, and SpongeBob is determined to get the super special rare talking card. He's stunned when Patrick immediately finds the card without even trying. And to make matters worse, he doesn't treat it with the care and respect SpongeBob believes it deserves.

Couldhave been better, but still good B

Overall 8.5/10
  • Krusty Kruchers was awesome. But The Card could've been better.

Krusty Kruchers: This episode was so funny! Yes, SpongeBob and Patrick were acting like little kids, but I actually liked that this time. They were so silly, I couldn't stop laughing! Their costumes were really funny, seeing patrick on his black body suit! lol, not to mention the fact that he have been working out! I liked that Mr. Krabs didn't get the money at the end, he doesn't deserves not even a penny. I decided that this is my new favorite season 6 episode because it surpassed my expectations, plus the "My Leg!" gag came back ever since season 2! Gotta love that!
    Final Grade: 10/10

The Card: I never had too high expectations for this one, but I actually liked it. Patrick was a big moron when he was miss-using the card. But it was nice from him to give them to SpongeBob at the end.
    Final Grade: 8.2/10
  • Spongebob and Patrick try 'fake' wrestling, and Spongebob obsesses over a rare card. :D

Even after 9 years of episodes, specials, and ideas, this cartoon series still finds great, new ways to stay interesting. For instance, who knew Mr. Krabs would put his faith in Spongebob and Patrick for doing something really important? When there's a million dollars offered for someone to beat two humongous, muscular fish champion wrestlers, he convinces Spongebob and Patrick to 'fake' wrestle with them and 'fake' win so Mr. Krabs can handle the money they can win. Spongebob and Patrick, always interested in trying new things, decide the sport will be fun! And it's a good thing they think the wrestling is fake, because the mauling the creature named Jim and his partner give the two friends, would Seriously hurt anyone who realized they were experiencing real pain. Yet somehow, Spongebob and Patrick manage to win when the two champs knock themselves unconscious when they slam into Patrick's Steel-Iron butt! :lol: It just goes to show you that pride Does come before the fall! And the mighty fall down hard! And if there's anything Spongebob loves more than watching Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy's action show, it's collecting anything of value related to the show. And today, Spongebob discovers the rarest item of value related to the heroes: Trading Card #54, the ultra-rare, ultra-limited animated, talking holographic card! Only five of them were Ever made! And they've been distributed randomly in trading card packages! So Spongebob spends much of his hard-earned money hoping to get lucky, but doesn't get the elusive card. So imagine Spongebob's shock when Patrick with only $1, manages to get an ultra-rare card without even trying! And what's appalling to Spongebob, is Patrick doesn't treat it with respect! But Patrick obviously notices Spongebob's obsessive behavior, so since he realizes it means so much to Spongebob, he will give the card to him, at the end of the day. But Patrick's stupidity ruins the card before Spongebob can get it. Fortunately, the four other rare cards were also in Patrick's possession, and he gives Spongebob all the cards. This continues to be a cool series! 8)
  • Not the best SpongeBob episode ever.

5.7
    In his latest attempt to make money Mr. Krabs sends SpongeBob and Patrick into a wrestling ring to combat the Heavyweight Champs for a million dollar prize. Being an avid fan of professional wrestling I was excited about this but I found it a tad disappointing. After a highly entertaining special movie last month this installment seemed very phoned in with a lack of any effort or thought going into it.

The first half of the episode produced a few small chuckles, but nothing very quoteworthy.

The second half saw SpongeBob at the bank trying to take out money for Mermaid Man trading cards. We got a funny back and forth with Sponge and Quincy including a miscommunication about the embarrassment of having bunnies on a bank book. Patrick ended up getting a highly rare card, yet did not appreciate it at all. A little better than the previous half, but still not what the show once was.