SpongeBob SquarePants

Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy III / Squirrel Jokes

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Nov 27, 2000 on Nickelodeon

• "MermaidMan and BarnacleBoy III" was superb while "Squirrel Jokes" was just plain mediocre

MermaidMan and BarnacleBoy III: I thought that this was a superb episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants" and it was pretty funny. MermaidMan and BarnacleBoy packing for their vacation and leaving SpongeBob and Patrick in charge of their lair was very funny. It was funny when SpongeBob and Patrick freed ManRay from being frozen. SpongeBob and Patrick using the tickling belt on ManRay was absolutely hilarious. Patrick repeatedly dropping a box on ManRay's foot was hilarious. It was hilarious when ManRay asked Patrick "What's in that box?" and then Patrick responds "My wallets". ManRay about to rob a bank but just decides to get a check with kittens on there was pretty funny. My score was just a little low because three scenes could've been a little better and the ending was one of them. Overall, a superb episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". 9/10

Squirrel Jokes: I didn't really like this episode and it's not the greatest SpongeBob episode I've ever seen. While it's not extremely terrible, it is kind of bad and it wasn't that good to me. I didn't really find anything funny in this episode and I hated how SpongeBob humiliated Sandy even though Sandy told him to stop with the jokes the first time. I also hated how Sandy made herself look ugly and stupid to teach SpongeBob a lesson... that scene ruined most of the episode. I guess the only scene was when SpongeBob was making fun of himself while doing stand-up comedy at the Krusty Krab. If you ask me, I'm actually being generous with this episode, I was thinking about giving 3 or a 2.5 but since I love SpongeBob then I guess I'll at least be generous enough to make this episode a 5 but nothing really special was in this episode for me except for probably the ending. I know a 5 isn't a good score but it's better than getting a 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4, or a 4.5. Overall, I didn't like this episode at all but I'm gonna be generous and give it a 5 since it's NOT totally and extremely terrible that your eyes will explode so that's actually a good thing that I don't hate it completely or else I would've given it a 1 if that was the case. 5/10