SpongeBob SquarePants

Mermaid Man Begins / Plankton's Good Eye

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Sep 23, 2011 on Nickelodeon

• Not amazing, but they're still great episodes!

A week after two amazing episodes of SpongeBob, I was somewhatdisappointedwith these two new episodes. Never the less, they were still great. Let's take a look at them.

Mermaid Man Begins- I didn't enjoy this one a lot, but there was a lot of humor to compensate for this. The beginning with SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward was funny. The part where Mermaidman told the fake story about how they began was also pretty funny too. The part where in the flashback where Barnacle Boy did every thing and Mermaid Man did nothing was also funny too. The last part where SpongeBob and Patrick making the popcorn was also hilarious too. The only part I didn't like was that it was another rushed episode in the end, and the story's telling of how the superhero team began was sort of lazily done too. Nevertheless, it was great episode that is definitely worth watching.

9/10

Plankton's Good Eye- I would've given this a ten, but it was kind of creepy, lowering the score down. It was still a great episode with limited flaws.The plot was that Plankton figures out the reason why failed on his last attempt for the formula was because he only has one eye. Then, he grows another eye due to SpongeBob's, but hisartificialstarts to take over, causing him to be nice. In the end, he gets his eye removed, and is back to being evil again. The experiments with plankton trying to grow another eye was funny. The beginning of the episode was also funny too. The joke where Plankton said how he can never win darts was also funny too. It was kind of lazily done, but it was funny too at the same time. The gimmick where Plankton made SpongeBob cry was sort of cruel, but was a funny scene. This was a great episode overall.

9/10

All in all, these weren't the best episodes I've seen, but that doesn't mean they aren't worth watching.

FINAL SCORE: 9/10