SpongeBob SquarePants

Model Sponge / Greasy Buffoons

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Nov 27, 2009 on Nickelodeon

• Great

Model Sponge:
    SpongeBob wants to be a commercial model, until he finds out he has to clean a bathroom.

Greasy Buffoons:
    Mr. Krabs and Plankton compete by putting delicious, yet unhealthy, grease in their food.

Overall an okay episode that will get a 8.5 out of 10

• Okay episodes, Greasy Buffoons was better.

They were both great episodes. Greasy Buffoons was better though. Mr. Krabs and Plankton start competing by putting a ton of grease in their food. They get some ridicoulous that they just serve pur grease and grease crumbs. Squidward was very funny inb this one. I loved Planton standing up, and them trying to say friends. Decent episode, but Model Sponge was better plotwise.

Model Sponge: Okay eppie. Not that funny though. I liked all the jobs Spongebob tried oot including builder and bank teller. Patrick was pretty funny in this one too. Overall decent episodes, but not Season 7's best.
  • 2 more great episodes!

Model Sponge: This was one of the best spongebob episodes sence porous pockets. The kitchen sponge commercial was hillerious! And the "Little Guy" parts were also very funny. And another funny part was when spongebob kept saying the words on the billboard and when patrick said "Why don't you become a billboard?" or something like that.
    Overall Grade: A+

Greasy Buffoons: I don't know why everyone keeps saying this is gross and discusting, Well, It kind of is, But that's what makes this episode great! Although, They could of done better with the title card, Sorry to complain but i don't like when they copy the title cards. It's the exact same as sand castles in the sand. But the episode was still great!
    Overall Grade: A

Grade: A+
  • Both of the episodes were superb

Greasy Buffoons: I thought that this was a superb episode of SpongeBob but it wasn't my favorite episode. I thought it was funny how the customers are obsessing over the grease and then they're running back and forth to The Chum Bucket and The Krusty Krab. When SpongeBob called the health inspector because Mr. Krabs and Plankton were taking the grease thing too far, I thought the health inspector was also funny. The ending was also hilarious when Patrick kept licking the grease off the SpongeBob and SpongeBob was running away from him. The only things I didn't like in this episode was when Mr. Krabs wanted to dump all of the grease at The Chum Bucket, Mr. Krabs forcing SpongeBob to keep on making the grease because SpongeBob didn't like it. Also, you can see closely that SpongeBob was driving a truck and I thought SpongeBob was suppose to be a bad driver. Sometimes I feel like the writers don't ever know how to make sense. Overall, this was a superb episode. 9/10

Model Sponge: I like this episode pretty much the same as "Greasy Buffoons". After SpongeBob heard Mr. Krabs say "It's time to let the little guy go", SpongeBob thinks that he is being fired but Mr. Krabs was actually talking about the little clam and he had to let it be free and fly. The only things I didn't like in this episode was Squidward laughing at SpongeBob because he thinks SpongeBob is being fired and that's pretty much it. I wanted to punch Squidward in that scene. I thought SpongeBob auditioning to be a model was funny because was singing horribly. It was also funny when Patrick was taking SpongeBob's refrigerator. It was also hilarious when SpongeBob was part of a bathroom commercial but it was kind of gross. It was also good to see Hans again and I hope they show him again soon. The ending was also hilarious when Hans was using the restroom and said "hey keep it down in there, I'm trying to concentrate". Overall, a superb episode of SpongeBob. 9/10
  • I didn't think these episodes are too bad.

Greasy Buffoons in my opinion was a great way of showing what fast foods restaurants probably do to make their food taste better. It really showed that too much unhealthy food, as good as it may be, just isn't a good thing. As for Model Sponge, I really liked this episode. I thought it was cool that spongebob was actually doing what a sponge was meant to do, clean things. I thought the scene where he was cleaning things was pretty funny. It was like a real commercial of a cleaning product. So in my opinion, these episodes were amazing.
  • Good

Greasy Buffoons was my favorite of the two.

Greasy Buffoons- Krabs and Plankton start selling customers a whole ton of grease, which is very unhealthy of course. In the end Spongebob calls a health inspector who makes them clean it up. This one was better then Model Sponge for me, and it gets a B.

Model Sponge- Spongebob thinks Krabs is going to fire him and so he looks for a new job elsewhere, and soon he becomes a model in a bathroom commercial. This felt like unfunny time-filler for me, so D+/C-.

overall, Greasy Buffoons was much better then Model Sponge
  • These episodes were mostly good, but definitely not the best I've seen.

Model Sponge was a pretty good episode that had some great jokes, but it wasn't as good as I expected for some reason. My favorite parts were Spongebob's reaction when he thought he heard Mr. Krabs saying he wanted to fire him and the very end. That was very weird and funny. :) I also liked the part where Patrick wanted to borrow Sponge's refrigerator and the giant ear Sponge had on his back when he was trying to listen to Mr. Krabs talking on the phone. This episode had a couple parts that were a tad gross such as the drinkable sausage thing and the dirty bathroom Sponge was forced to clean in the commercial. Thank heavens, though, that the gross humor was not overdone. I was glad we didn't have to see Spongebob clean that toilet. It was actually kind of funny to me how he was almost forced to clean it, though. So, all in all, this was a good episode and one of the best of the season so far. One more thing, though, why did Spongebob need a script for the commercial, and doesn't he usually sing better than he did for his audition? Oh, well. It's just a cartoon. It doesn't have to make sense. Now, as for the latter episode, it was about what I expected. I think I felt my arteries clogging just watching it. It was kind of gross to me seeing that grease covering everything and seeing people eat it, but this episode overall was okay. It had some good humor such as the very end when Patrick tried to lick Spongebob, and it was funny to me how Plankton and Mr. Krabs were being so competitive by making all that food with the grease. Bottom line, these were pretty decent episodes, but they weren't the best season 7 has offered so far. Marebear2009, out!
  • Getting better...

After Truth of Square comes the newest 2 episode of Spongebob. Let's get starting!

Model Sponge: In this episode, Spongebob is mistaken for Mr. Krabs talking about letting him go, or in other terms firing him. So Spongebob trys to get a new job and ends up being a model sponge. Let's get down to topic first off. The jokes were great in this episode. Probablly the best scene was when they were producing the Sponge commercial. It was the best thought when the hand tried to drag Spongebob down into a toilet. And the end was really well thought up of. I wasn't expecting it. Part of the theme in this episode had a similaur theme to the episode "As Seen On TV" where Spongebob wants to be a star. This episode kind of releates to it in certain parts. And this was by far one of the most creative storylines they have thought up in a while. So overall, hilarious episode with really no problems.

Greasy Buffoons: In this episode, Spongebob and Mr. Krabs dispose of their un-wanted grease they find underneath the Krusty Krab and dump it behind the Chum Bucket. Plankton then puts the grease in his chum making Planktons food acutally good. Mr. Krabs gets mad and they battle in a competion for the most grease in their food. This episode was great. The storyline was unique in all ways. And it had great jokes. Like the grease soup. It was just straight awesome. So great episode, I don't know which one I liked more. Model Spongebob, or Greasy Buffoons.
  • Not the best, but Ok episodes.

Model Sponge : To be honest, i was kind of expecting it to be better. I saw a clip of it, and seemed great, but now not really. The scene where Hans was using Spongebob to clean the bathroom was funny, but gross. Though, there were some funny moments in it like with Mr.Krab's Pet clam. I will give it a B.

Greasy Buffoons : A little better then Model Sponge. I actually liked this one a bit more. I liked how Plankton and Mr.Krabs were competing, but it felt similar to past episodes like Krusty Sponge because of how Spongebob felt when he saw the costumers sick. Still, it wasn't too gross and the ending was funny. B- Overall Grade : B+
  • Putting the grease and grime with grease and grime.

Model Sponge: This one is about Mr. Krabs calling his vet that he has to let the little one go, and Spongebob overhears it and thinks it's him, which means that he thinks Mr. Krabs is firing him! Although, Mr. Krabs is letting his pet scallop go, which isn't Spongebob, but Spongebob wanders around and decides to be a Sponge Model. Which doesn't work well when he realizes it's a kitchen sponge commercial shoot, then Spongebob decides to get his job back, which he still has. This episode is good, but I saw enough kitchen humor.

C+

Greasy Buffoons: This episode made sense and has a moral: grease is the most fat in the fattening history. Mr. Krabs stupidly puts the grease from the grease trap in front of the Chum Bucket. After realizing grease gets more customers, Mr. Krabs and Plankton vie by putting grease in their meals. Unfortunately, it made the customers sick and the addiction also affected Patrick. Thinking Mr. Krabs and Plankton has gone too far, he hires an exterminator to inform that Plankton and Krabs' eras will be destroyed if all the grease isn't cleaned up. Spongebob absorbs it and the Krusty Krab and its grease trap should be vowed grease free. At the end, Patrick licks Spongebob because of his grease filled body. The episode is good, the ending needed work.

C