SpongeBob SquarePants

Mooncation

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Nov 10, 2011 on Nickelodeon

• Best "new" episode

mooncation gives me hope that spongebob may get better maybe someday. the jokes were funny it felt like the only difference between the new and old was the art style and voice actors. overall by far the best spongebob episode in YEARS! 9.5!
  • Charming, Great and Exciting!

This episode is one of my more favorite episodes of SpongeBob SquarePants Season 8, mainly because it was very good in many areas of action, humor, and wit. In this episode, Sandy goes on a trip to the moon. However, SpongeBob tries to give Sandy a good-bye cake, but ends up getting into the ship the same time it rockets off. This episode was really handled well. The action was a lot better than it usually was, and unlike other episodes of SpongeBob, it flowed very smoothly, rather than being rushed. It was also nice to see another episode of SpongeBob involving Sandy as well. There were also some funny parts too, such as the beginning of the episode, as well as the part when SpongeBob was with the baker. There were also funny parts with SpongeBob doing stunts and him taking a picture of himself made to look like he was holding the Earth. The only reason why I lowered the scored down because the humor wasn't as great as before, but it was still pretty awesome. Overall, another great episode of SpongeBob Season 8 that is definitely worth checking out.

OVERALL SCORE: 9.5/10 Incredible
  • A very fun episode, with action, sports and humor.

This episode is just plain great. It was very cool, and very funny. The parts that made me laugh were Spongebob at the Baker, thinking the rocket was connected to the doorbell. Then he had trouble staying on the ground on the moon, where he had fun moonboarding. The most hilarious part was when Patrick was watching his Soap Opera,, and he said "Hey, who's Carol's Father?" That was absolutely hilarious. As was Spongebob taking a Picture of himself holding the Earth.

Overall, a well executed episode, and very good plot.

My Grade: A+
  • This episode is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I absolutely loved this episode. This was the best vidios in a while. I think that it was so hilarious that spongebob couldent even say on the ground. I think that it was funny at the end when they got home and Sandy said to spongebob lets get more of that cake that got stuck in the engine that sandy had to go outside the rocket and fix it.

• Best Roadtrip episode

I think Mooncation was the best Roadtrip episode ever. Although I gave Walking the Plankton and A SquarePants Family Vacation a perfect score as well, I enjoyed this episode a bit more than those two. The humor is a bit lower than the last two Roadtrip episode. I laughed at Patrick's part (especially when he was watching a soap opera), SpongeBob yelling while riding the skateboard on the moon, SpongeBob and Sandy passing Nick Studios, and the last part. This episode is now my new favorite episode for season 8. So overall, I enjoyed the episode the most and it was great to have an episode on the moon. 10/10

• Perfect Action packed funny filled episode!

this was the best of the vacation mini-series

Spongebob and Patrick go to Sandy's Treedome, but are knocked aside by monkeys leaving her home. They hold a slide carousel, mentioning they confiscated it. Spongebob and Patrick ask Sandy what's going on, and she says she has a copy of the slide carousel to show them. The show begins.

Spongebob meets Sandy, who is preparing for a trip to the moon. He goes to the bakery, where he gets tangled in the tickets from the dispenser, to the baker's annoyance. The baker asks for "Number 12", and Spongebob gives him his ticket. Through gritted teeth, the irritated baker asks him what he'd like. Spongebob says he'd like a cake with "yummy letters". He asks the baker to write, "Enjoy the moon", but thinks of what would rhyme with moon. After going through words which rhyme with moon, the baker grumbles, "loon". Spongebob comes up with "See you soon". He takes the cake to Sandy's, but her rocket just started the countdown. It lifts its ladder, but Spongebob leaps on, and into the ship. Sandy is annoyed, and says she must adjust for the newly added weight of Spongebob. The ship blasts off, and soon they're in space. While there, Spongebob presents her with the cake. She warns him that loose food will fall apart in a zero-gravity environment, which the cake promptly does. She says everything will be fine unless it gets into the vent, and once again, the cake does just that. She climbs into a robot suit and goes out to remove the cake from the vents. While there, she takes a taste and says it could use "more nuts". She returns to the ship, and the moon is getting closer. Sandy picks a crater as a good place to land.

When they exit the ship, Sandy sandboards on the moon, showing off many of her moves, such as the classic Texas tail grab' (where Sandy grabs her tail to a shape of Texas with a star on it )' and the 7-20 nut-job, (where she slices a moon rock to an acorn, and eats it), including one where she lies on Saturn's rings; the "Tour de Saturn". When it's Spongebob's turn to sandboard, he floats away, since he's too light in the moon's gravity. Sandy uses a lasso made with a rope and a moon rock, and tells Spongebob to grab it. He does, and falls to the moon. While screaming and holding onto the moon rock, he shows amazing skills, which impress Sandy. Spongebob tries again, but this time, his board crashes into the fuel tank, causing it to leak. Sandy pulls Spongebob back to the ship, telling him they need to return home while there's still enough fuel left. They manage to make it back to Earth, but the steep dive means they'll turn into a giant fireball, which causes Spongebob to panic. Sandy goes outside to "grab the bull by the horns" and lassos the ship, pulling it out of its dive. It flies over Bikini Bottom, doing loop-de-loops. It lands near her treedome, where it crashes. Spongebob sees an unconscious Sandy lying on the ground and apologizes for ruining her vacation. Sandy tells him he didn't ruin her vacation, she had a great time. She jokingly suggests he bring her cakes more often, and they laugh.

This was a great episode, it beat patrick staycation(well..)

it had great action scenes and funniest parts! this was like a sequel to sandy's rocket!

this episode gets a 10 out of 10

• My favorite Roadtrip episode right next to "Patrick's Staycation"

Sandy goes to the moon for a vacation with SpongeBob. They set out camp and play some whacky sports including riding on the craters of the moon. Like I said in the introduction of my review, this is my favorite Roadtrip episode right next to "Patrick's Staycation". This episode may seem like a rip-off of "Sandy's Rocket" but it isn't. We actually see the moon and it doesn't have to deal with alien-hunting. We also get a great SpongeBob/Sandy episode but I always enjoy those type of episodes as well as the SpongeBob/Patrick episodes. The writers really need to do the SpongeBob/Sandy episodes more often or AT LEAST the SpongeBob/Patrick/Sandy episodes. Patrick was only in the beginning of this episode and that was only at the part when Sandy is getting ready to show them the slideshow but he also had a cameo appearance towards the end of the episode. Also, SpongeBob's catch phrase "I'm Ready" is back. It has been so long since he actually used it and it's back after so long. I also thought the animation in this episode was fantastic, it seemed to be a little more advanced and more colorful. Animation of this cartoon is definitely getting better and better. As for the hilarious parts in this episode, I laughed at so many parts that I can't even name them all. The most clever and funny part in this episode was definitely when SpongeBob is playing with his hands and made an origami just with his hands... it was funny yet cool. I also thought Sandy and SpongeBob surfing on the moon was awesome. The very ending when Sandy and SpongeBob are falling down into Earth and pass by Nickelodeon Studios was funny. I also thought Patrick watching television and then he says "Hey, who is Carol's real father?" was so hilarious... i laughed til' tears came out of my eyes on that part. Overall, my favorite Roadtrip episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants" right next to "Patrick's Staycation". 10/10

• perfect

10 out of 10

• Best of the week!

I loved this episode i thought it was the 4th best of the season next to these episodes (A Friendly Game The Hot Shot and Smoothe jazz in Bikini Bottom. i loved the concept though it kind of reminded me of that terrible episode Sandy's Rocket which might be a little disapointing. But my abosoulute favorite part in this episode is the quote that sandy said. "meh if only there were nuts on this" That line totally made my day everything about this episode was perfect.

Final Grade 9.8/10 A++!