SpongeBob SquarePants

Naughty Nautical Neighbors / Boating School

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Aug 07, 1999 on Nickelodeon

• Great and classic paring!

"Naught Nautical Neighbors" was good. I liked the idea of Squidward trying to break up SpongeBob and Patrick's friendship and both of them trying to be his friend. I liked SpongeBob's song about Squidward and the part when Squidward invited the duo to dinner. I liked how SpongeBob and Patrick became friends again in the end and how Squidward got his karma. Something, however, felt missing. Overall this episode gets a 7 out of 10.

"Boating School" is such a classic and is Mrs. Puff's first appearance. I liked the idea of Patrick trying to help SpongeBob pass his driving test by giving him all the answers. I also lagged when Patrick wore SpongeBob's pants and when Mrs. Puff said in a deep voice, "Oh SpongeBob, whyyy?!"

While this episode is a classic, I can't help but feel bad for SpongeBob and Mrs. Puff. Poor SpongeBob just can't pass his boating test and poor Mrs. Puff gets injured, twice. Even so, I still think this episode deserves a ten out of ten.

Overall these episodes are worth watching and I give them all together an 8 out of ten.
  • WTF where they thinking!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME WHO THE FUCK THOUGHT THESE episodes where FUNNY this is some dawg on shit .Naughty nautical neightbors :WHAT IN THE FUCKING COW DAWG ON HELL WHERE THEY THINKING WHEN THEY MADE THIS shitty episode At least Boating School is better but still SHIT are you joking !no I guess not!squidward or should I say squiddumbass sends rude messages with bubbles from spongebob and Patrick then later are not friends anymore then blahblahblah squidward chockes on the fork Patrick saves squidwards life then squidward is his friend then blahblahblahblah lets skip to the end where spongebob and Patrick are best buddies again then squidward says"oh my back' horrible just horrible aND don't get me starded on Boating School!
  • Excellent episodes!

Naughty Nautical Neighbors: This episode is great. Squidward is quite sinister in the beginning ("If I had a dollar for every brain you don't have I'd have ONE And SpongeBob and Patrick's feud is so silly ("Yellow is ugly!"). The scene where SpongeBob is alone and he counts his fingers ("The gang's all and cries out is just cute. This episode has too many classic scenes to quote. 9/10

Boating School: This episode is GENIUS! The writers hit gold with the whole concept and the cheating involved in this episode. Patrick is the star in this too ("Ha, CHEATING!" *laughs maniacally*). 9.8/10
  • Both were equally good episodes.

Naughty Nautical Neighbors: Squidward's plan to break SpongeBob and Patrick's friendship works, but then both of them won't leave him alone because both of them are Squidward's friend. The funniest parts of this episode was when Patrick asks Squidward for soda when his glass is already full and Patrick saving Squidward. 9/10

Boating School: SpongeBob has failed his driving test too many times, so he cheats by putting a walkie talkie in his head with Patrick giving him the answers. I thought the montage of SpongeBob driving and Patrick laugh when he finds out Spongebob is cheating. Both of these episodes were equally funny.
  • 4th Episode

Nauthy Nauthical Neighbours: In this episode Spongebob and Patrick were friends but then Squidward sends rude messages to the best friends and then they're not best friends anymore. So both of them hang out with Squidward but later somehow they become friends again.

Boating school: In this episode Spongebob wants his driving license but dosn't know how to drive. So he cheats the boating school test and now Mrs. Puff dosn't like it one bit.
  • Both episodes were very good, however Naughty Naughtical Neighbors was better.

Naughty Naughtical Neighbors:

I loved this episode, and it was definately the better one of the two. The parts I loved were the parts where Spongebob and Patrick were blowing the bubbles, Patrick saving Squidward, Spongebob drawing faces, Spongebob saving Squidward, Patrick in the bath, and the end.

A

Boating School:

I really liked this episode a lot, too. My favorite parts were Spongebob taking the quiz, Patrick talking to Spongebob through the walkie-talkie, Patrick Squarepants, Spongebob cheating, and the end. Really good episode, but not as good as Naughty Nautical Neighbors.

A-
  • Squidward ends his neighbors' relationship and SpongeBob have to pass a boating exam

N.N.N.: I liked/laughed: The first couple minutes, Patrick after he slams his rock, Patrick saving Squidward's life, Gary hiding in his shell, Patrick sleeping, SpongeBob drawing faces on his fingers, SpongeBob saving Squidward, SpongeBob playing withBasseterreand then breaks it, Patrick at Squidward's bath, SpongeBob and Patrick kept asking Squidward soda, and the last 2 minutes. Things that made my score lower: While this episode has some laughs, I don't think this was my favorite season 1 episode. 9.5/10 Superb

Boating School: I liked/laughed: SpongeBob on the calendar, the guy's part, SpongeBob failing the test, "Patrick SquarePants", the antana on SpongeBob's head, SpongeBob mooing like a cow, montage of SpongeBob doing well and the last part. My nit-pick would be SpongeBob cheating, but I can ignore that. Also I didn't laugh as much as in Naughty Nautical Neighbors but I did enjoyed this episode more than that. Overall score 10/10 Perfect

• Naughty Nautical Neighbors is a little better than Boating School

Naughty Nautical Neighbors:
    When SpongeBob and Patrick are communicating through bubbles, Squidward is preparing a cake for himself to eat. But he gets mad and decides to also communicate with bubbles, and insults them through the bubbles, making them break their friendship, so he later invites them to his house and SpongeBob and Patrick become friends again.

10 out of 10

9.5 out of 10

• A step down from the previous episode but not too bad.

Naughty Nautical Neighbors/Boating School is an average episode in my opinion.

Naughty Nautical Neighbors
    Squidward ruins SpongeBob and Patrick's friendship for enjoyment. Squidward then chokes and Patrick saves his life. SpongeBob and Patrick argue over who Squidward's best friend is. The episode ends with them being friends again and Squidward mad at them (SB and Pat think he's jealous).

Boating School
    SpongeBob takes his Boating School exam. He passes the theory but can't acually drive the boat. Patrick tries to help him out by putting a walkie talkie in SpongeBob's head. SpongeBob finds out at the last minute that he's cheating.

Mrs. Puff makes her first appearance. Naughty Nautical Neighbors was the better of the two, but they're both still about average.
  • It was not that good.

3.5
    These two episodes were kinda boring.
    The first one was just rubbish, and the boating school one was better but not great.
    The only part i liked in the boating school episode was.....
    PATRICK "Pat to sponge Pat to sponge, testing, testing, testing testing,testing,testing,testing,testing,testing,TESTING!!! AHHHHH DO U READ."
    Dont ask why but i just find that bit funny.
  • One word, Boring!

3.5
    Come on, who actually thought these episodes can actually be a season one contender, and that is not that hard, considering season one was just about average, and it had pretty average episodes. The Naughty Nautical Neighbors episode was pretty boring, because nothing really happens when Sponge leaves. What happens, oh a boulder moved or a jellyfish stung him? The plot was so pointless and random, just because he likes jelly fishing and everything, does not make him want to live with the jelly fish. Boating School was an okay episode with the famous Patrick Squarepants part, which was the only remotely funny thing, everything else was a snoozefest.
  • Both very good episodes!!!!!!

These are both very great episodes, and after these, the classic era begins!!!!

Naughty Nautical Neighbors: This episode is very funny. I think this is the first conflict between Spongebob and Patrick, of course between Squidward.

I loved the part where Patrick does mouth to mouth to Squidward.

Patrick: I really should wash my hands first. Oh well!

That part cracks me up. Other funny parts are when Spongebob saves Squidward from his broken back, and the heroic music plays. overall grade: 100%/A++++++++++

Boating School: There is nothing great about this episode, but it wasn't that bad. I did like the Patrcik in Squarepants part, and how Spongebob freaked out when he found out he was cheating.

Overall Grade: B/81%
  • Two superb episodes but I thought "Boating School" was a little better than "Naughty Nautical Neighbors"

Naughty Nautical Neighbors: I thought that this was a superb episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". It was funny when SpongeBob would blow the bubble and talk. It was very funny when Squidward was choking on the fork and then Patrick is saving Squidward which makes Squidward inflating. Patrick calling Squidward and then SpongeBob calling Squidward was funny since SpongeBob and Patrick are no longer friends. It was funny when Squidward is getting annoyed with the whole friend thing and then Squidward sends SpongeBob and Patrick an invitation to get them to talk and be friends again. It was very funny when SpongeBob and Patrick are constantly drinking soda. SpongeBob and Patrick laughing and destroying Squidward's house while they were laughing was a very cute and funny scene. Of course, it was nice that SpongeBob and Patrick are friends again. The only thing I didn't like was how Squidward ended SpongeBob and Patrick's friendship in the beginning of the episode. Overall, a superb episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". 9/10

Boating School: I thought that this was a superb episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". It was great to see the introduction of Mrs. Puff in this episode and SpongeBob driving crazy was funny. The "Patrick SquarePants" joke that Patrick made was hilarious. It was great when Patrick wanted to help SpongeBob pass his driving test by talking to SpongeBob through the walkie-talkie with a hat on top of SpongeBob's head. SpongeBob looking through all of SpongeBob's things while helping him was funny. It was funny when SpongeBob was naturally acting like a cow. It was funny when SpongeBob was wearing his lucky underwear. SpongeBob passing through most of his driving test was great. It was funny when SpongeBob revealed that he was cheating because he felt guilty and then Patrick runs to his house. Mrs. Puff going to the hospital (again) was very funny at the end of the episode. The one thing that kind of bugged me was that SpongeBob was about to pass his driving test until he revealed to Mrs. Puff that he cheated and that part was kind of disappointing. Overall, a superb episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". 9.5/10
  • Great

Naughty Nautical Neighbors- Squidward attempts to ruin Spongebob and Patrick's friendship, but earns both of them as friends in the process. Will Squid be able to get them back together. Very funny episode, shows the evil side of Squidward. 8.5/10 B+

Boating School- Spongebob wants to pass his boating test, so he gets Patrick to give him all the answers, but when he realizes it's cheating, he has a guilty concious. Will he pass or fail? Good, but not that great either. 8.5/10 B+

Overall, 2 slightly above average episodes, that you might want to watch, but not highly reccomeded. 8.5/10 B+
  • Naughty Nautical Neighbors was great but Boating School ruined the party.

5.3
    Naughty Nautical Neighbors:

Grade: 8/10 B

Boating School:
    SpongeBob fails his boating test, so Patrick decides to give him advice to pass the test with a walkie-talkie in his head to give him all the answers. This episode should have been redone before it was EVEN AIRED!

Grade: 2.5/10 F
  • great

naughty nautical neighbors- patrick and spongebob annoy squidward, who gets back at them by ending their friendship. soon he is still annoyed at them, so he tries to get them to be friends again. will his plan work?

boating school- spongebob has patrick help him cheat so he can pass his boating school driving test. But soon he feels guilty about what he is doing. Will he pass?

a bit above average episodes, they are not perfect but they aren't bad either, more in the middle i would say, i would give them both grades somewhere in the "B" range. Great
  • I've seen better rotten grapes.

2.2
    How can I put this in 50 words? Let's start with Naughty Nautical Neighbors. POOP. No, people don't order our patties. It was a bag of baloney. Another episode that makes spongebob unlovable. The funniest role was an inanimate rock that I saw. Now, Boating school. The funniest part there was "Patrick Squarepants" part. I Don't recommend this in my good books. Take my advice. Don't watch this one. Pure crap.
  • this was a good ep

in this ep of the show spongebob spongebob and patrick are communicating in bubles and squid gets tired so he has his own idean of spreading lies through the bubbles and it works and it breaks there friendship up but thing is they both want to be his friend and it drives him crazy so he get them back togeather. and the second part spongebob fails his boating test again and so patricks uses the walkie talkies to communicate and give him all the anwers to the test and then he later tells her that he cheated this was a good ep
  • Not bad but can have a little improvement

Well I got to say, They're good but, they can have a little bit more HD in the episodes. But they're OK anyway. Both of the episodes are funny, cool, and very dumb too. They can turn my life upside-down for this episode. Life wouldn't be the same at all without these episodes. But even though it needed some more high definition in them, never ever in my whole entire life means They are so bad I will explode. Because that would never happened. When i first saw it, I went WOAH! THAT LOOKED AWESOME! both are my favorite chocolate cake.
  • Both horrible episodes!

Naughty Nautical Neighbors: The episodes starts out when Squidward has made a very good soufflé, but SpongeBob and Patrick's laughing distracts him from enjoying it. Squidward sees they are having a private conversation with bubbles. They whisper a message into the bubble wand instead of blowing into it, and when the bubble pops, the message can be heard.

Annoyed, Squidward makes bubbles of his own, imitating SpongeBob and Patrick, but insulting them both. Thinking the bubbles are from each other, SpongeBob and Patrick become angry and get into a fight, eventually declaring that they are no longer friends. Squidward eats his soufflé while laughing, but in doing so chokes on the fork. Patrick performs CPR on him, and he becomes Squidward's friend.

Patrick falls asleep on Squidward when Squidward plays his clarinet and Squidward kicks him out and also Sprains his back. Spongebob helps Squidward and becomes his friend. Spongebob and Squidward decide to play music. Spongebob plays a cello which he thinks is a bassinet, but instead of music he plays the music scratchily. Spongebob breaks it when Patrick interupts, and Squidward kicks him out.

Squidward decides to invite Patrick and SpongeBob to a dinner party (without telling either of them that the other is coming) in order to repair their friendship. When they arrive, they are still mad at each other. Squidward tries to get them back together, but the situation devolves into a competition to see who can drink the most soda and thus become Squidward's best friend. Squidward runs out of soda and leaves to get some more. While he is gone, SpongeBob and Patrick hiccup small bubbles that make a burping sound when they burst. They find this amusing and become friends again, but because they drank so many glasses of pop (SpongeBob drank 9 glasses and Patrick drank 14), their burps create a whole load of bubbles that make Squidward's house collapse. At the end, Squidward never put his key in the door, but he was able to open it anyway. He sees the whole place destroyed and tells himself that he made a mistake. SpongeBob mentions that he and Patrick are best friends again. After Squidward tells them to get out of his house, he slams the door. Then, a bubble just hit the door, which fell on Squidward's back. Squidward then cries, "Oh, oh... my back!" This is just plain stupid! Rating: F, 3.4/10

Boating School: SpongeBob is excited because his Mrs. Puff's Boating School's driving exam is today. He can't even remember how many times he took it, so Gary must remind him! If he passes it, he will get his license. First, he must pass the oral section of the exam. Having taken the exam thirty-seven times previously, SpongeBob is able to answer the questions before they are even asked. However, he panics in the boat and flunks the driving portion of the exam. This is the most teeth-grating episode ever

Rating: Z- 0.6/10

The next day, SpongeBob goes back to take the test again. When asked to start the boat, he initially panics, but Patrick's instructions keep him calm. This is followed by a video montage of SpongeBob acting the exam, interspersed with shots of Patrick eating SpongeBob's food and reading his diary while helping him. Mrs. Puff is floored by his sudden improvement and jokingly suggests that SpongeBob's success is due to an antenna under his hat through which "some guy miles away is giving him all the answers." SpongeBob (and Patrick) finds this hilarious, until Mrs. Puff concludes, "But that would be cheating!" Upon realizing that he has been cheating, SpongeBob goes into hysterics, driving wildly all over the course and sobbing while Mrs. Puff tries desperately to stop him. He crashes the boat and thus flunks the test yet another time. In the end as Mrs. Puff is about to go to the hospital, SpongeBob apologizes for letting him down, and says he'll try harder next semester
  • NNN was amazing but Boating School spoilt the perfect pairing.

How many episodes do you see Spongebob fail his test? Thoses other episodes are more funny than this one. Nothing much happens although I do have to say that the track Spongebob has to drive his boat is cool. But Naughty Nautical Neighbours was amazing. It shows how much Squidward hates Spongebob and Patrick and how much Spongebob and Patrick like Squidward. The ending is hilarious and the beggining is tasty. The only critisism for this episode is that some parts are disgusting and I definately do not want to see a fat Spongebob and Patrick again (although it didn't annoy me in Suds!).
  • Both were amazing,as they marked the start of classic episodes coming.

So,this is when SB started to be good...

Naughty nautical neighbors:
    When I first saw this one,I thought ˝That was awful!˝But later I found it good,in fact,it was excellent(this is also the first SB episode I ever seen).Patrick's face when Squidward is ready to start playing clarinet is hella funny,as the rest of the episode.I wish there are more episodes like this.
    10/10

Boating school:
    I remember I watched this one,but I don't remember details,only the fact that it was funny.This was also debut of my favorite character,Mrs Puff.I liked Patrick's plan which unfortunately failed just like all other ones.
    8/10

I recommend these episodes to all fans!
  • Alright!

Naughty Nautical Neighbors Squidward is cranky not a jerk,that's always the way I've seen it-what would you be like if you had SpongeBob and Patrick?
    This episode really goes a little to far.
    Plus I don't usually like it when Spongebob and Patrick FIGHT. Boating School
    This is probably the better of the two!
    I'm pretty sure this is the first boating school episode and it sets a whole boat load of episodes quite well!
    I could never understand why Patrick can drive like a pro and Spongebob is....well.... hopeless! Anyway it's pretty good and I always find funny when Mrs.Puff is in pain!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Squidward comes in between Spongebob and Patrick's friendship in the form of bubble-talk. Spongebob tries to pass his 39th attempt of the driving test by cheating.

This was probably the first show where both of the episodes were actually decently good in the series. In the first episode, Spongebob and Patrick are talking through bubbles from their houses. In between them, of course, is Squidward, who gets annoyed by the foolishness. So he sends hate bubbles to both Spongebob and Patrick, who both think were sent by each other, and get angry at each other. While Squidward thinks it'll shut them up, it actually gets worse when both seek the friendship with Squidward. He invites them over for some drinks so they can make up, which they do, but it takes about a thousand drinks of pop to do so. One thing's for sure: The characters of this show are so unattractive when they get fat. But they lose all the fat in seconds when they burp it all out.

In the next episode, Spongebob gets depressed when he frequently fails his drivers test. So he sticks a walkie talkie in his head, hides the antenna with a hat, and gets help from Patrick who is all the way at Spongebob's house. Spongebob impresses Mrs. Puff, until the very end until he freaks out about cheating, and fails his boating exam for 39th time. The episode was, good, pretty funny, but the obstacles on the driver's course were pretty weird, but that's what you have come to expect from this show!
  • Two great episodes.

I love both of these episodes. They are two great examples of what we are used to seeing from SpongeBob SquarePants and his undersea pals.

Naughty Nautical Neighbors: A great episode, including SpongeBob and Patrick's very first fight. It was very humorous, and I enjoyed it a lot. Definitely my favorite of the two episodes.

Boating School: Not quite as good as Naughty Nautical Neighbors, but still enjoyable. This was the introduction of Mrs. Puff, as well as the concept of SpongeBob attending (and AWLAYS failing) boating school, a concept that seems to never, ever, ever get old.

Favorite: Naughty Nautical Neighbors
  • Really funny examples of what we're used to see on the show.

Naughty Nautical Neighbors: Another great example of how good the SpongeBob/ Squidward/ Patrick trio works. This was one of the very first episodes I saw, and it's still great. This was one of the first times we see SpongeBob and Patrick fighting and the way it happened, all thanks to Squidward, was very funny, and it was even funnier to see how his little plan to have fun out of SpongeBob and Pat turned against himself when both were convinced he was their best friend. I've always liked the scene when SB and Pat were asking for ore soda, lol. Overall, pretty good, and sometimes underrated episode, Final grade: A-

Boating School:
    The introduction of Mr.s Puff and boating school to the show is one of the best boating episodes on the series. Really loved how Patrick put on SpongeBob's pants or the running gag of Gary reminding SpongeBob how many time she've failed. One scene I also like is the mountage of SpongeBob driving around while Patrick tells him the answers, there's something about that moment and the music that is playing that makes me feel good, lol, I don't knowm but I've always liked it. Final grade: A-
  • Both are good, but neither are great.

Naughty Nautical Neighbors: Classic, but not THAT funny. It had a lot of little funny parts, but nothing that really stood out. However I still liked it, and one of the first SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward setups.

Score: B- 8.3

Boating School: Another good one. In my opinion, it had two great moments. The first one was when SpongeBob "acted natural" by pretending to be a cow. The other was the infamous 'Patrick SquarePants!" gag. But besides those two jokes, there was nothing really that great. A nice introduction to Mrs. Puff, and her Boating School, but simply not incredible.

Score: B+ 8.5
  • This was a great episode, it had funny parts in both segments!

Naughty Nautical Neighbors: A-

Wow, this was great. I love that Squidward kept giving them soda. Very funny. Also, I liked that Spongebob and Patrick destroyed the house! Very funny! And cool!

Boating School: A-

This was a great episode. I liked that Spongebob was humorous in failing. Also, Spongebob is a genius at questions, but bad at boating! That made it even more funny to me! Cool episode.

Total: A-

This was a very good episode. I really liked this one, especially Boating School. I reccomend baoth of these episodes. Wow, these were awesome, great, cool, and funny. Watch these episodes for those reasons! Yeah!
  • These are good episodes.I like the first one better though.

Naughty Nautical Neighbors:A great episode from the first season. I liked how Spongebob and Patrick fought over Squidward and how they tried to impress him.The best part of the episode was where Spongebob was playing the bass and then breaks it after Patrick comes through the window.That part was hilarious.A satisfying episode.Boating School:I think this episode is a little overrated,but I still love it.It features the debut of Mrs.Puff and the first My Leg! gag,which isn't in the later seasons at all.The ending was also good,Spongebob realizes that he's cheating and rides the boat around until the boat crashes.The scenes with Patrick at Spongebob's house were also good.A well thought out episode.Overall,these episodes are classics and enjoyable to watch.
  • Both awesome episodes! I am only doing naughty nautical neighbors.

Naughty nautical neighbors:
    I liked it. It was really good. I really thought that squidward`s insults were funny. It was awesomely funny when spongebob and patrick were yelling at each other, and squidward choked on a fork. I loved this episode with all my heart! When spongebob and patrick were filled with soda and they were all fat. They were laughing, which made bubbles come out of them. That was funny! This was one of the best episodes of season 1! I really liked this episode! 87 words! Final grade: A+. I loved this episode, and spongebob is having a good first season
< 1 2 3