SpongeBob SquarePants

New Leaf

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Sep 22, 2006 on Nickelodeon

• The ending

This episode was great. WAS great. The ending was so insulting and stupid, it made the ENTIRE episode pointless. I actually loved this episode, but status quo is god ruined everything. What more can I say?
  • Coming from an old school Spongebob fan, this episode kicked some serious ass.

Plankton finally concedes to Mr. Krabs being successful and gives up competing for supremacy. Mr. Krabs doesn't believe him and pulls out all the stops to get Plankton to confess he still wants to take the Crab down. Mr. Krabs seemingly feels guilty putting Plankton through so much turmoil thanks to his paranoia and goes with Plankton to have some fun. Even where he gives the formula to Plankton anyways. Then guess what!? Mr. Krabs was right all along. Plankton thought he got the formula and celebrated like there was no tomorrow. But Mr. Krabs tricked him with a paper that said Gotcha! - Krabs. Honestly I wanted to hate Mr. Krabs so much this episode, but I really applauded his strategy this episode. Mr. Krabs proves to be a truly rock-solid fighter against his rival and flushed Plankton for faking a front to win the war. Well played, Krabs. Well played.
  • Plankton opens a shop

This episode was decent, but it is still not that great. To me, Mr. Krabs started to get more mean in this episode and has been like that ever since (although he improved on season 8). There is obviously why the score is lower...Mr Krabs of course. I didn't liked that he destroyed the things in Plankton's shop and actually tricked Plankton in getting the formula (predictable as always). If weren't for the ending, this episode won;t been superb in my opinion. I only laughed at the dancing scene where SpongeBob is DJ then Squidward is shown dancing and one more. Overall, a weak episode of SpongeBob since this is not favorite, but I enjoyed the scenes with Krabs and Plankton together. 7/10
  • Hmmm... SpongeBob only appeared in this episode for the first 4 minutes BUT a plot that mostly focused on Mr. Krabs and Plankton was a pretty good idea.

I thought that this was a superb episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". This episode isn't my favorite episode but I enjoyed it. The only thing that made my score a little low was because Mr. Krabs was destroying all of Plankton's novelties and I felt bad for Plankton. Mr. Krabs was just WAY out of character there. Although, SpongeBob only appeared in this episode for the first 4 minutes but a plot that mostly focused on Mr. Krabs and Plankton was a pretty good idea. I thought it was funny when SpongeBob was the DJ and Squidward was forced to dance or else he is fired. I thought Mr. Krabs and Plankton hanging out like they were friends again was very sweet and also funny. I knew it wouldn't last the whole episode but it was funny that Mr. Krabs tricked Plankton into thinking that it was the secret formula and it wasn't. I know that deep down even though Mr. Krabs and Plankton may have their differences... I know that they are friends on the inside and do care about each other even though they don't show it most of the time. Overall, a superb episode. 9/10
  • Superb

Plankton tells Mr. Krabs he's opening a gift shop, but Mr. Krabs thinks he's up to something. So, Krabs destroys most of the gift shop, which makes Plankton REALLY MAD! That night, Mr. Krabs apologized for his behavior, and wanted to befriend Plankton. Later, Mr. Krabs offered Plankton the secret formula. Then, Plankton thought his evil plan worked. But instead, the piece of paper said, "Gotcha! Love, Mr. Krabs!"

Mr. Krabs smashing Plankton's store brought down my score by 5 points.

9.5 out of 10

• Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

4.5
    This episode stinks. It gives a bad name to Spongebob. In fact, the only funny part was when Spongebob was the dj. I loved how he looked. But the part wasn't really funny at all. Just kinda cool. Anyways, this eppie is about Mr. Krabs and Plankton being friends. But it turns it to be atrick. So ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo This episode really really R E a l l y s t i n k s! i really have nothing to talk about so..................................... ummmmmmmmmm. Yeah, i think it gets a 4% for this nuclear atomic sludge ball known as New Leaf, which I dread with every element of my body. Well Bye Bye1
  • Disappointing, I wanted more out of it.

New Leaf is an episode that had great potential, but failed. This was a good plot to do for an episode but it doesn't work out. Mr.Krabs and Plankton were out of character. Why would Mr.Krabs destroy everything in Plankton's store just because Plankton was irritating him? That was just very childish and mean. This episode was also boring. The scenes with Mr.Krabs and Plankton hanging out at the carnival and being friends were really unecessary. They should've actually shown some character development. I also disliked the ending. Overall, New Leaf is an episode with potential, but falls short because of its lack of humor and illogical storyline.
  • Hmm...

To be honest, I don't have much to say about this episode. It wasn't really bad, but it wasn't really good either. It's one of those episodes that's just kinda in the middle. It had a pretty good plot, but not very many laughable moments. There were only a couple scenes a found particularly funny, the scene with Spongebob being the deejay and Squidward dancing and the scene with Plankton and Mr. Krabs playing pool. Other than those parts, this was a pretty boring episode. I also didn't really like how Mr. Krabs destroyed everything in Plankton's store. That was kind of out of character. Overall, though, this was a decent episode, but not great and far from my favorite ever. Final grade: C. Marebear2009, out!
  • Bad Plab episode

3.6
    In the battle for fast food supremacy, Plankton has decided to throw in the towel and start a new business selling trinkets and souvenir gifts. He even renames his store from The Chum Bucket to The Chumporium. But Mr. Krabs doesn't buy the change for a second. He's determined to prove that this is nothing more than one of Plankton's elaborate schemes aimed at stealing the Krabby Patty formula. This episode is very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very ugly! Especially Mr. Krabs!
  • Kind of a strange episode.

Okay, first of all, Mr. Krabs was being such a jerk in this episode. I kinda understand his paranoia, but that didn't give him the right to wreck the Chumporium. The one that really shone in this episode was Plankton. I liked how he opened up the Chumporium, that store was awesome. The episode actually made me think that things had changed between Krabs and Plankton. Cut, cue cheap ending. Plankton finishes his diabolical plan, Mr. Krabs comes up with an even MORE diabolical plan, and it ends with Plankton's token scream as we get a shot of the Chumporium. I mean, of course I wouldn't have liked it if the friendship between Krabs and Plankton went on forever. But that ENDING... ugh.
  • I absolutely LOVED this episode!!!!!!

This episode was great. I know it's probably really hard to come up with Plankton stealing the formula ideas since it's been done SO many times. This was original and great. I never expected that he really was trying to steal the formula. Although I didn't think that the episode was over when Mr. Krabs and Plankton were sitting together with the sunset. This episode was very touching before Plankton revealed his plan. Poor Plankton. He actually REALLY REALLY tried this time and STILL failed. I guess he just was never meant to steal the formula. although he did in the movie.....
  • Very good episode. Why can't Krabs and Plankton get along that well instead of their constant fighting?

New Leaf: Very good episode. I just love the plot and how Mr. Krabs and Plankton were getting along very well going to the carnival and playing games like pool ball together. Why can't Krabs and Plankton be like they were in this episode? Why can't Plankton just be a gift shop owner and Mr. Krabs and Plankton get along well instead of Plankton being a "restaurant" owner and the two constantly fighting? Too bad it all got ruined at the end when Mr. Krabs fooled Plankton with the paper that said "Gotcha!". Overall excellent plot, it's fun to watch, I go for an A! (94%)
  • Kinda boring.

OK, so a lot of people hate this episode. But, if ya ask me, it wasn't totally bad. But, the thing is, it was just a boring episode. The only part that I was really laughing at was when SpongeBob was the DJ and Mr. Krabs was dancing, then he made Squidward dance(and Squid's dance made me LOL). But other than that nothing in this episode was really that appealing. I thought the scenes with them hanging out were really dull and boring, when it could've been funnier. But I suppose the part where Mr. Krabs fell on Plankton was funny, but it could've been funnier. Many have given this episode a low score, but I honestly don't think it deserves anything higher or lower than what I gave it, and that's why I gave it that score. But hopefully, you know why I rated it a 7. So my grade for this episode is a C.
  • Good episode, not very good.

IMo this ranks as an average post movie episode. It is hardly bad but certainly subpar to premovie episodes. However i enjoyed it and i think it's allright. However i'd like to say that i thought MR Krabs was a bit of an annoying jerk in this one and really he was being unfair to Plankton, and even if it was one of Plankton's evil plans it was still unfair of him to ruin Plankton's Chumporium when you think about it and i think Mr Krabs is a bit of an annoying chap now even though before now he just seemed like a normal restaurant owner. Now in this episode there is a hilarious scene with Plankton and MR Krabs spending time together and it's funny when Plankton goes evil again but not so funny when Mr Krabs has the last laugh. Allright but not great episode imo.
  • This is one of the best this season, but I still hate it.

Season 4 is a dark time for spongebob. This might be one of the best episodes this season, but I hate it completely. Plankton changes his ways. Never make an episode like this happen ever again. What makes plankton funny is that he is an antagonist for the show. The creators thought an episode where plankton turns nice would be a great idea. They were so wrong. How on earth could they make an episode like this? I would have rated it lower than a 5, but since this episode was only partly terrible, I gave it credit. I would have rated it a 2 or 3. I still dont like this episode even though it was one of the best episodes this season. Since you might be eager to see my top 10 best episodes of season 4, here they are! 10. Have you seen this snail? 4/10. 9. New leaf: 5/10. 8. Gift of gum: 6.5/10. 7. Hocus pocus: 6.9/10. 6. Selling out: 7.5/10. 5. The thing: 7.8/10. 4. Funny pants: 8.1/10. 3. Shell of a man: 9/10. 2. mrs. puff, you`re fired: 9.8/10. 1. Krusty towers: 10/10. This episode was okay, but I did not really like it because the plot was awful and stupid, some part were disturbing (like when spongebob peeled his eyes), and at the end, I felt sorry for plankton, and mr. krabs was completely selfish in this episode. Not my favorite. I did not really like it. Final grade: D+.
  • Why do so many people hate this episode? It's one of my favorites!

In this very underrated episode, Plankton trys to make peace with Mr. Krabs, but he only thinks that it's another scheme to get the Krabby Patty formula. To prove that this is only making peace, Plankton shuts down the Chum Bucket and opens up "The Chumporium" in which useless knic-knacs are being sold. After Mr. Krabs wrecks the place still thinking this is another one of Plankton's schemes, he then later apoligizes for his behavior and decides to start all over with Plankton. Now, they are finally friends doing activites together. At the end, Mr. Krabs gives Plankton the formula, as he jumps out on a black screen, saying that his evil plan worked. But Mr. Krabs explained that he'd never give the formula to Plankton as since the formula read "Gotcha! - ¢¾ Krabs" as Plankton screams "NO!!!!!!!!" at the end. I don't see how so many people hate this episode. It was amazing throughout. The most hilarious parts is when Squidward danced due to Mr. Krabs threatening that he'll be fired if he doesn't, when Plankton got hit by the pool ball, and when Plankton and Mr. Krabs did the trust excerise. Go ahead, hit Disagree, I don't care. This is my story and I'm sticking to it.

FINAL GRADE: A-
  • My least favorite episode on the entire series. Too boring and stupid.

New Leaf is my most hated episode of all times. It's actually the only episode I instantly switch off when it comes up I go "AGHHH" then I return 11-15 mins. later to watch Once Bitten, which I like a lot. Reasons why I hate it? Both Mr. K and Plankton were WAY out of character, I mean, Mr. Krabs is selfish, we know, but god how can he destroy all the stuff in plankton's store? That's just cruel. And then it turns so B O R I N G. The only scene I actually enjoy is when Mr. K says "Let's boogie!" and SpongeBob is like the DJ, and then Squidward dances, that was really funny, but if the only enjoyable part of an episode lasts less than 10 seconds, then something most be terribly wrong. I give it a 5/10, and that is the lowest SpongeBob score I would ever give.
    And probably the only negative review I'll make for a SpongeBob episode.
  • Another okay episode.

7.1
    This episode was confusing at first, because it got me fooled. One, I thought Plankton will have the Chumporium for the rest of the series, and Two, I thought the Chumporium wasn't a scheme to get the formula. SO their friendship become more even and starts over as enemies again, after Mr. Krabs's behavior. And about the formula? I didn't remember that being part of the scheme until the end! So Mr. Krabs still believes Plankton is doing this scheme for the formula, so he gave him a note saying that Plankton was pranked about the note which he thought was the real recipe. This episode did had good memories of Mr. Krabs and Plankton's rivalry, and to end this review, this episode was solid bronze.

Final Grade: C
  • ying101 review

well, in this episode plankton decides to turn over a new leaf, but in the end he didn't. Mr. krab was a little mean to plankton, he shouldn't destroy plankton collection, but it didn't really matter in the end because it was one of plankton plot to steal the krabby patty.
    In this episode, we know that mr.krab has a DJ system, cool, and squidward doesn't like dancing lol.
  • Not the best episode, but it was good. :D

This eppie was okay..I liked the idea that Mr. Krabs and Plankton became friends. The part where Plankton and Mr. Krabs were on the phone was kinda funny.

Soo...Plankton surrenders but Mr. Krabs doesn't believe him, then Plankton opens a gift shop but Mr. Krabs still doesn't believe him. Then Mr. Krabs calls Plankton up on the phone and tells him that he's sorry...but he Mr. Krabs still didn't trust him. Mr. Krabs gives Plankton the formula and Plankton goes back to the Chum Bucket. I loved the part were the screen got black and Plankton's all "Woohoo! I got the formula! My plan finally worked!!!". I died laughing. Turns out, the formula Mr. Krabs gave him wasn't the real deal! Hah!

There were so many funny things in this eppie...but I still give it a 7/10. It wasn't as good as it could have been.
  • This episode was okay.

5.7
    I thought this episode was just okay for a few reasons. 1, there is no Patrick and not much of SpongeBob. They always make the show funny. 2,I didn't really like the idea of Mr.Krabs becoming friends with Plankton. Plankton and Mr. Krabs' rivalry always make the show funny. This episode was one of my least favorite of season 4 and I give it an average rating. This episode and only a few others were not that good.
  • Plankton tricks krabs to try and steal formula but obviouslt fails as per usual

this is the typical plankton episode- tries to steal formula and fails miserably usually getting squashed. Plankton tricks krabs in to thinking that he's turned a new leaf by setting up a souverneir shop but krabs doesn't buy it(and rightly so). Near the end krabs feels his friendship earns the right to give plankton the formula however its a fake and Krabs laughs at Plankton knowing his plan has failed. Personally, i found this episode dissapointing as spongebob was in it for about half a minute. Also, in terms of plot, this episode is quite similar to the episode F.U.N.
  • Plankton turns over a new leaf. Or does he? Mr. Krabs will still keep watch for Plankton. While SpongeBob keeps his eyes peeled.

This episode is one of the very few episodes that IS NOT funny, but is a good idea. It was revealing when the screen faded and Plankton was cheering since he had the formula. Unfortanately, or fortunately, Mr. Krabs didn't BUY(LOL!) Plankton's scam. Also, when they were dancing and SpongeBob was playing the DJ, Mr. Krabs told Squidward to dance, or he's fired. Why did Squidward dance? It was kinda funny when he was shaking his boot TAY. And little SpongeBob playing the DJ with sunglasses and a purple suit. And those huge speakers! The Trust Booth, Playing pool and Plankton wins and gets hit by another ball, those were the funny parts, just not SO funny.
  • Boring

New Leaf: Plankton is tired of getting the secret krabby patty formula from Mr. Krabs so he sets out a truce. At first, Mr. Krabs doesn't want to believe him but will he still keep his promise when he sees Plankton selling novelty items at the Chumporium? Well, don't watch this. It's BORING!
  • I really wished I could like this episode, but I just can\'t.

When Plankton wants to build a gift shop over the Chum Bucket, no one really believes that he can actually decided to give up pursuing the Krabby Patty.

Unfortunately, that premise of this episode takes over the funny gags that the show is known for, thus the emphasis on the new-found relationship between Mr. Krabbs and Plankton.

I don\'t say that the episode wasn\'t funny at all, I have seen worse (B.C comes to mind). Some parts, like the DJ stand of the Krusty Krab and the \"Trust Me\" game that Plankton and Krabs are playing are funny, but the rest of the episode is more a so-called melodrama than a Spongebob episode.

A lot of people appear to hate Season 4 of Spongebob, but it didn\'t have so many bad episodes up until this one. A New Leaf is different than any other episodes in the series, but in this case, it\'s for the worse.
  • That was depressing to watch.

So why do I not love this episode. Simple: It wasn't funny. It wasn't even amusing. I hate to say it, but if this is the best they're going to come up with, then they probably should stop with the new episodes before they completly kill Spongebob. This whole season has been a little rough, although there were some great episodes such as "Patrick Smartypants." And another thing, maybe they've done it before, but why are they airing one new 11 minute cartoon. Thats like getting half an episode. I'm just saying that the Sponge crew really needs to step it up, and stop with below average episodes such as this one, or "Lost in Time."
  • A little simalar to "F.U.N." but so what?

Yes an episode in Season 1 was kind of like this where Plankton becomes friends with SpongeBob so that he could try to steal the formula. Only this time it's with Mr. Krabs. I like how Plankton tricks Mr. Krabs that they are not enemies anymore. Plankton fakes it so good.

At the end of the episode Mr. Krabs gives Plankton the secret formula. To avoid big spoilers I won't tell you what happens next. You'll just have to see the episode for yourself.

This is not about the episode itself but it annoys me that they aired this with "Patrick Smartpants" rather than the other new episode: "Once Bitten"

Overall it's not one of my favorite episodes but this is a good one. So I'll give it 8/10. Also note that this is one of a very few episodes where SpongeBob doesn't actually play a big role.
  • Plankton claims that he changed is he telling the truth or not?

Plankton comes and tell Mr.Krabs that he surrendor.That after all the atempts of retrieving the Krabby Patty,ends up in an failure.So he is giving up resterunt business to suvinor sale instead.But Mr.Krabs thinks that it is another of Plankton trick to get the formula as usual.Expecting that his plot will be foiled.In the end Mr.Krabs decided that he won.So Mr.Krabs and Plankton decided that they will become friends.When Mr.Krabs gave him the secret \"formula\" telling Plankton that he trusts him.Plankton smiling that he finally got the secret formula.Instead he gets an note from Krabs saying \"Gotcha\" Mr.Krabs knew that Plankton had an scheme all along.

Yeah this was an funny episode! Altough this was the only episode new.The second one was where Patrick got smart stuff liked that.
  • What was that?

4.8
    First off, unoriganagl. Sponge crew, you can come up with something else. Plankton episodes like that aren't real exciting. Second, the events were horrible. This was 100 percent the same as FUN but with Mr. Krabs instead of Plankton. And some of those scenes were jsut bad. Third, the ending. HAd the ending been different, the episode would have been much much much different. But instead, Plankton is evil still, and Krabs tricked him. BORING! How is that a good ending. Finally, the advertising for this episode stunk. They advertised a Krusty Krab DJ system, and what do we get? Squidward dancing againhst his will for 4 seconds. Step it up, or else the Spongebob going downhill theory will return.
NIK