SpongeBob SquarePants

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Mar 07, 2001 on Nickelodeon

• Another classic episode

Aired today.
  • NFR: Superb IYBF: Great

No free rides: I laughed/liked-SpongeBob crashing the narrator, SpongeBob trying to sharp his pencil, SpongeBob getting a license,SpongeBob driving while crashing in other people, SpongeBob falling in the cake, the chase scene (Mrs. Puff as a ski mask), and the ending. Overall this was not my favorite season 2 episode, so the overall score have to be 9/10.

I'm Your Biggest Fanatic: I laughed/liked Patrick touching everything (yet the police man told him not to) including Lenny, SpongeBob in line being impressed by Kevin, the fish going "Wah wah wah wah", and a couple more,. The only things that I didn't like was Kevin treating SpongeBob and some parts need more funny moments. Overall a great episode. 8.5/10
  • perfect

• Both bad episodes

3.3
    No Free Rides:
    To avoid another year with SpongeBob in her Mrs. Puff passes him with bogus extra credit and lets him have his license, but soon realizes that the consequences are beyond bad. When SpongeBob receives a new boat-mobile from his parents, Mrs. Puff attempts to steal it, and SpongeBob will stop at nothing to stop her. At least the ending was good.

1.9/10

I'm Your Biggest Fanatic:
    While at a jellyfishing fan convention, SpongeBob meets Kevin C. Cucumber, who gives him a chance to see if he can join his club, The Jellyspotters. However, SpongeBob is unaware that Kevin is only trying to make a fool out of him, but soon discovers the truth after the club attacks him with a robotic queen jellyfish. This was better than the first one but still bad!

4.7/10
  • great

What I liked (No Free Rides)- the fake extra credit, "Educational television?! OH NO!", Spongebob using the pepper spray in his eyes, amongst other things.

What I liked (I'm Your Biggest Fanatic)- Kevin being stung repeatedly, the King Jellyfish, the ending to the episode…

Neither episode is really anything special, I do not think, but they both do have their moments of humor, so B or so is my final grade
  • Not my favorite Season 2 episodes but they're both superb

No Free Rides: I thought that this was a superb episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". It wasn't my favorite Season 2 episode but it was overall superb. Mrs. Puff giving SpongeBob extra credit so she can pass SpongeBob and give him his driver's license was very funny. It was hilarious when SpongeBob's parents bought SpongeBob a boat and then SpongeBob faints on his cake. Mrs. Puff sneaking into SpongeBob's house was very funny. It was also hilarious when SpongeBob was trying to chase after his new boat and he didn't know that it was Mrs. Puff stealing the boat until he took off the robber mask. The ending was pretty good too. Some parts could've been better and this isn't my favorite Season 2 episode. Overall, a superb episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". 9/10

I'm Your Biggest Fanatic: This is about the same score that "No Free Rides" earned which was a superb score. This would've been an excellent episode but one thing ruined it. Kevin the sea cucumber was the reason why my score is a 9 because I didn't like how mean he was to SpongeBob. The beginning of the episode was hilarious when Patrick kept touching things and that policeman keeps telling Patrick "Don't touch". SpongeBob being a huge fan of Kevin the sea cucumber was funny. I love Patrick's line "What's so great about a nerdy pickle?"... that line made me laugh hard. Kevin getting repeatedly stung by the jellyfish was hilarious especially when one of the anchovies did that "wha wha wha" line. King Jellyfish appearing was very cool and I really liked the appearance. I'm also glad that the anchovies gave SpongeBob's Kevin's hat (which was part of Kevin's head). The ending was funny as well. Overall, despite Kevin being a jerk to SpongeBob, this was a superb episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants". 9/10
  • Mrs. Puff gives Spongebob his license so she cant teach him anymore and Spongebob goes jellyfishing with his biggest hero.

I loved this episode! It seriously is a series classic. It was so funny with all the hilarious antics and the funny lines like these.

Mrs. Puff: I hope I still remember how to do this. (gets out an uninflated balloon, blows it up and turns it into a balloon animal) Yeahhh! and Spongebob: I never thought I had to use this pepper spray.(gets out pepper spray but accidentally sprays himself)
    AAAAhhh!!!! Somebody help me! Somebody help me!!!!

And anything else that was very funny like Spongebob's parents buying him a car when he didn't even deserve a license and...oh I forgot about "I'm your biggest fanatic"
    Well i loved that too. It's definently one of my dad's fav episode. He cracks up whenever he sees the continual stinging of Kevin and the gigantic red sores that eventually make hima giant. Yeah, these are good episodes.
    Oh, and just for the record, Spongebob was actually wrong. I hate apple pie!!!
  • The Season 2 bottom of the barrel.

5.3
    No Free Rides:
    I haven't seen this episode in years, but I can remember hating it; sorry if the plot is not exactly right. From what I remember, Mrs. Puff was sick of SpongeBob failing and lets him pass, but it's a big mistake or something. Well, it's extremely boring. Yeah, that's the only reason I hate it. It could send me to sleep.

C

I'm Your Biggest Fanatic:
    BORRRING! Meh, SpongeBob meets his favourite group: The Jellyspotters, and goes jellyfishing with them, where they try to torture him, but it all goes wrong. In extremely dull, not interesting load of rubbish. What a shame for the great Season 2.

D-
  • this was a good ep

in this ep of the show spongebob . spongebob is tring to get his licence so miss puff does not want ot deal with him anymore so she gives him a bogus test so he can pass and be out of her witts. thing is she gets nervus when his parents give him a boatmoblie. and so she tries to steal it from him at night and he is chasing after her in the boatmoblie and it crashes and the cops come and arrest miss puff and the classes are in the jail. also in the second part its the jellyfish convention and spongebob and patrick go so they see the top jellyfisher at his convention and they want to go jellyfishing and thing is he is not a real jellyfisher and its just for show and spongebob saves the day from the rexes the kind jellyfish and is awarded the crown of the club
  • No Free Rides was obviously better than I'm Your Biggest Fanatic.

No Free Rides I thought had some very funny moments! SpongeBob once again fails the driving part of his boating test, but now there's a big problem, SpongeBob is going to have to go back to boating school for a whole 'nother year! This is funny words Mrs. Puff said in her mind! Lol! "Oh Neptune, another year with him! Barnacles! Dirty Barnacles! I've gotta do something to save myself!" I need something, a teacher's ace in the hole!" "Extra Credit!" So SpongeBob's extra credit is just a simple assignment, where he just has to write down 10 words about what he learned in boating school! SpongeBob gos berserk trying to have it perfect though! Lol! Well, he does get a new Boat Mobile, but in the end, he has to give it back, and Mrs. Puff ends up in jail! After a big chase where SpongeBob has to go through giant clams, cheese graters, and educational television! I'm Your Biggest Fanatic people say was one of the worst episodes this season, well, Kevin was a jerk, but hey SpongeBob got to get into their JellyFishing Club! Even though in the end Spongebob turns them down, but still, I think he had a great adventure that day where Kevin and the gang chase him in a robotic Queen JellyFish, but then confront a KING JELLYFISH! Aaahhh! Run away! Fortunately SpongeBob saves the day and he goes away by giving him bubble pie! SpongeBob also scores Kevin's crown too! Such a nice prize to win too!
  • Two generally mediocre episodes.

7.8
    No Free Rides: Not very good. It had a couple funny moments, like when SpongeBob and Mrs. Puff drive the car into Educational Television, but all in all mediocre. But I will admit the animation during the car chase was spectacular, it had a nice 3D look to it. But still, this is only a mediocre episode.

Score: C+ 7.9/10

I'm Your Biggest Fanatic: Slightly worse. The only part I liked was "Hi Kevin", and even that got a little annoying. Kevin C. Cucumber was also a jerk, and very mean to poor SpongeBob. But at least he got his just desserts at the end. Still, meh, I'd skip this one.

Score: C+ 7.7/10
  • No Free Rides was fantastic. I'm Your Biggest Fanatic is what dropped the score.

No Free Rides, in my opinion, is one of the best episodes of season 2. I can't understand why some people dislike it. It had countless hilarious moments! One of my favorite parts is when Spongebob has to think of three more words for his 10-word sentence and he freaks out. I loved his reaction to his hand cramping! I also loved it when Mrs. Puff imagines Spongebob running over all those people including the realistic fish head during the news bulletin and the fish head says, "Let's not use that take" and when Spongebob accidentally sprays himself with mace! Hahahahahahahahaha! So, overall, I didn't see a single bad thing about this episode. Now on to IYBF. Man, oh, man, I wanted to do so many bad things to Kevin the sea cucumber after seeing this. He was such a big jerk, and for no apparent reason! The good news is that he got what was coming to him! I mean, who wouldn't think he deserved to get stung all those times? I sure did! Overall, this episode is one of my least favorite of the season, but I'm not saying I hated it. I just hated Kevin. There were some good parts in this episode, like "Kissy face!" and Patrick's part. So, all in all, these were decent episodes, but nowhere near the best I've seen. Marebear2009, out!
  • both are decent episodes

Okay No Free Rides was a nice episode. It had all of the required elememts of entertainment and I certainly thought that this episode did good. Basically I am sure that the reason I liked this episode is because of the fact that I like any episode where Spongebob is in Boating School. I'm Your Biggest Fanatic is definitely a little better though. I mean this episode has Patrick in it for crying out loud. Of course it should be a little bit better. But anyway episodes like this do not come on as often as those other not so great episodes nowadays.
  • Mrs.Puff tries to give Spongebob extra credit. After experiencing his bad driving skills again and again. Later Spongebob and Patrick go to a jellyfishingconvention. Where Spongebob meets the person he idolizes.

These episodes wre pretty good. The humor was good in I'm Your Biggest Fanatic. It only had Spongebob for the main character. It would have been better if Squidward or Sandy was there also. Storyline wasn't thee best but it was above average. Pretty good episode. The other episode however makes up for what the last one lacks. The story is Mrs.Puff wants to give Spongebob extra credit. This is because she wants to get Spongebob off her back. Pretty entertaning storyline. Humor was great almost excellent. It was good to see Mrs.Puff as one of the main characters of this episode. I reccomend this episode.
  • Not bad at all

I saw this one before and SpongeBob was kind of funny. My favourite part of No Free Rides was when SpongeBob sprayed pepper spray(I think)on his eyes. The most favourite part was SpongeBob pretending to be a radio. I\'m Your Biggest Fanatic is the most funniest episode I\'ve ever seen. It\'s because of SpongeBob saying he\'s ready a lot of times making Kevin sting himself.
  • episode #30

no free rides: spongebob fails his driving test, as usual. mrs. puff doesnt want to have to put up with sb another year, so she gives him his license. at first she is scared that he'll get into trouble. she then realizes that he doesnt even have a boat to drive. then she finds out that his parents got him a boat. now its up to mrs. puff to stop sb from driving it.

i'm your biggest fanatic: sb meets kevin, a member of the jelly spotters club. he wants to be a member too, and kevin says he can if he passes a few tests. these "tests" are very dangerous... but not for spongebob. :)
  • Was ok, but pretty boring

In No Free Rides, Spongebob fails his driving lesson and begs Mrs Puff for his liscense, so Mrs Puff gives Spongebob his liscense, not realizing her mistake. So later that night... Mrs Puff boatjacked Spongebob's boat, not knowing that Spongebob was in the boat. So when Spongebob woke up, she realized that the boat was being stolen by... a boatjacker! That was probably the only amusing part in it. And Spongebob tries his best to keep up with his boat, and finally, Mrs Puff crashes, ending up in jail.

In I'm Your Biggest Fanatic, Spongebob and Patrick go to a Jellyfish Convention, and Patrick can't keep his hands to himself, so he goes around touching anything possible as soon as possible. And Spongebob goes and finds Kevin, the leader of the Jellyfish Club. He begs him to let him in the club, cuz he'd do anything. So Keving let him "come along", but just leave him there, then scare the heck outta him. So Kevin and the gang get into a Queen Jellyfish robot, but when a real King Jellyfish comes by and finds out Keving was in the fake QJ, he attacks, and Spongebob saves the day and is officially the new Kevin.
  • No, this is a definate use of my time-waster i just recently bought from my friend, FairlyOdd24. If you wanna brag and get thgis, do so right now. I\'ll kill Kevin the Sea-Cucumber in return! Just dial 01740-KILLKV! And you\'ll also recieve this \"I hate

1.3
    No, this is a definate use of my time-waster i just recently bought from my friend, FairlyOdd24. If you wanna brag and get thgis, do so right now. I\'ll kill Kevin the Sea-Cucumber in return! Just dial 01740-KILLKV! And you\'ll also recieve this \"I hate kevin so much\" badge! Thanks!
  • My Favorite Episode!

This episode rocks! Has the funniest quotes from the whole series like:

Spongebob: No! I do anything for you!

Kevien: Why don't you go jump off a building. (Then we see Spongebob in a window falling from building.)

Spongebob: Anything!

Prefect example of the episode! Best one around in the series. Enough said.
  • Average episode, could be a bit disappointing, but nontheless, it pulled it off very nicely.

In "No Free Rides", Mrs. Puff finally realizes how stupid it was for her to give Spongebob his driver's license. I think that this show is a fine development in character because Mrs. Puff wanted to get rid of Spongebob, but did not want to harm anyone in the process. I feel that extra credit is a very essential thing for students with a "C" average, and, from what I see from Mrs. Puff, Spongebob must be a failing student, since Spongebob never passes the driving test and has to repeat another year. Although this episode did kept me wondering what Spongebob would actually do while driving, it was decent, if not good.

"I'm Your Biggest Fanatic" pits Spongebob against the terrible Jellyfish Club leader Kevin, who does everything he can to prevent Spongebob from passing the test in which he can become a member of the Jellyfishing Club. One thing that haunted me is that the sea cucumber Kevin shares the same name with my brother! Other than that, this is a fine ep which I think had an interesting storyline, thus becoming one of my favorite episodes.

I really think that this episode is enjoyable to watch, but only for a limited number of times.