SpongeBob SquarePants

Plankton's Pet

Aired Weekdays 5:00 PM Jan 19, 2013 on Nickelodeon

• A great, quality episode

I love this episode. The first scene with the baby is entertaining to know what's going on and to see the reactions of the people who don't. Especially the ladies outside of the Krusty Krab - that got a chuckle out of me. Not to mention Spot is adorable and it's wonderful to see a softer side of such a one-dimensional character. I also love Plankton's line, "HOLY PLOT TWIST!!" Meta jokes like that always amuse me. The ending felt a little rushed and somewhat random, but the great quality of the other portions of the episode more than makes up for it.
  • Another modern Spongebob episode that's actually good?

What do you know, it looks like that the writers made most characters less mean spirited this time and simply revolved around Plankton getting a pet. For once, Plankton is actually happy and wins in the end, without the Krabby patty Formula. In fact I was glad to see that Plankton got a friend that he could connect with, even if it was just a pet.
  • Great episode right here

I can really say that I enjoyed this episode quite a bit. It was actually very nice to see Plankton happy here and finally not chase that formula too much. One thing I'm excited about is that in the end of the episode, Spot didn't go away so that makes me wonder if he'll be in future episodes and I hope he is. The episode was funny and I was hooked all throughout the episode. One of my faves for this season for sure :D
  • By far the best Spongebob episode I've seen this decade('10 to '13). It deserves a place in my Top 20 Episodes. :)

So, "Plankton's Pet" is probably one of the best episodes of 2012 and 2013. Better Than "It's A SpongeBob Christmas", better than "Bumper to Bumper", better than "Squid Defense" and DEFINETLY better than "Squid Baby". (1) Why, you may ask? Well, let's start, and I can talk about it.

The Story: It all starts when a "baby" ( actually Plankton) gets a Krabby Patty and tries walking off. Mr. Krabs attacks the Baby (again, Plankton. Don't freak and everyone starts freaking out But then, Krabs reveals it's Plankton, and kicks him out again. Plankton then decides he needs to keep his mind of the Patty for a while, when Karen suggests he should get a pet. SpongeBob decides to help Plankton find a pet ( Don't ask, he just pops up), and they go to where SpongeBob found Gary, The Bikini Bottom Animal Shelter. After seeing a worm, a disgusting snail ( I think that snail was the one from "Gary in Love"), And PATRICK, they come across some algae on a rock that tries to eat Plankton. Plankton is then rescued by an amoeba that Plankton and SpongeBob name Spot. Soon after, Plankton has to learn how to treat a pet, which is followed by Spot being able to get a Krabby Patty. Plankton is overjoyed, until Karen realizes Spot wants a reward. Spot then eats the Krabby Patty, causing Plankton to send Spot outside. When Plankton comes to see Spot again, Spot is missing, so he and Spongebob go back to the animal shelter to find him, where they are attacked by an urchin, a worm, and a Sea Monkey. Spot then rescues them (He was on Plankton's eye the whole time) and Plankton gets Spot back.

The Verdict: Funny as all hell, while still being serious at times. I loved it. 11/10 ( if I could rate it that, but i'll settle for 10.

See you Next Time!!!

(1)*These episodes will be reviewed at a later time this weekend.
  • The best episode of 2013!

This episode was actually really good!Plankton decides to get a episode was funny and crowd saying "Awww" was funny,and so was Patrick's also liked the baby only problem I have is the last-minute things are looking up for 2013!
  • By far the better episode of Season 9!

While Squid Defense was good, it didn't really have the sense of appeal to fans to the start-up and conclusion. However, they immediately fix up the flaws of the last episode, and we're given a great, funny, original, and heartfelt episode of SpongeBob. In Plankton's Pet, Plankton is suggested from Karen that he should have another activity to do after he once again fails again to steal the Krabby Patty formula. While the set-up, does seem convient, it is handled much better than in Squid Defense and flows smoother. At the point, in the animal shelter, Plankton finds an amoeba with a SpongeBob who he names Spot after it defends from the rest of the animals. I also appreciated the humor a lot more, and I was able to find flowing throughout the whole episode. The introduction had by far the best part, when Mr. Krabs was beating up a baby (who was just Plankton in disguise) and everyone was freaking out. That part was just downright hilarious. They were also some moments here that cracked me up too, such as when Patrick was an animal in the animal shelter, and Plankton said he was "too stupid". It was also funny how Plankton was trying to play catch with Spot and accidentally "hurting" him, as well as how he was teaching him to get a Krabby Patty from the Krusty Krab. Plot-wise, this was one of the best out all the SpongeBob episodes in general. The plot flowed smoothly, there were many turns of events well appreciated (such as how SpongeBob and Plankton figured out where Spot was), and it had a healthy doe of humor and emotion. The emotion was well played in the end, when Plankton and Spot reunited once more; in fact, this was one of the only times that I actually interested in Plankton, and I loved him here. My only problem was that it was kind of unfinished in the end. I mean, what happens to them in the end? Will Spot become a supporting character? Aside from that, this was well done episode, and I applaud the writers for giving their best effort, because they deserve.

FINAL SCORE: 9.5/10 Incredible
  • Don't you people have jobs?!

well when I first heard of this episode these were my expections (plankton gets sad after failing again, tricks spongebob into helping him find a pet so they can steal the formula, things get bad, his pet leaves and plankton fails) and oh my plot was 100% better. the emotions in this one is .

After trying to be a baby(goo?) he realizes he needs something to get his mind of the formula for a while, so spongebob helps him by bringing him to the shelter(where he got gary!) there he sees the guard worm from the lost matress, the ugly snail from gary in love, Patrick(lmao genious) then he finds spot! and the 2 get along great! the whole episode revolves around him training him and he gets a krabby problem O_o but he eats it XD so plankton punishes spot but he runs away! they find spot and he actually keeps him!

episode now in my top 20. the emotions are amazing, and its great to see a plankton soft spot episode. and the spongebob/plankton development gets stronger. amazing plot, jokes are amazing. thank you writers. season 9 is getting better and better
  • Plankton gets a pet named Spots to cheer himself up

Oh yes!!! like I said in my "Squid Defense" review, 2013 is really winning my good side SO FAR and it's way more better than 2012 since we don't have wait until March for a new episode. I LOVED this episode of SpongeBob SquarePants. It was so cute and very funny. Holy crap!!! that beginning was so well-structured and so very twisted at the same time. The people getting shocked at Mr. Krabs hurting that baby (which is actually Plankton in there... don't freak out people -_-) was so hilarious and it was so funny as hell when Mr. Krabs kicked the baby (again, Plankton in it) out of the Krusty Krab and the people attack him afterwards. Holy crap!!! I think it's in my Top 10 Most Funniest and Memorable Moments of SpongeBob because it makes it look messed up so the beginning already made me love the episode. I really enjoy that character Spots... it was a cute little pet and it suited Plankton very well and it was cute to see Plankton have a soft side for his pet. Patrick's cameo was funny as hell too. The storyline was very structured, it has many hilarious moment especially that messed up-looking moment in the beginning. Also, they didn't kill off Spots in the end. In the end of the episode, Plankton still had his pet which makes me wonder if the series will continue on with Plankton still having Spots as a pet. I really hope the writers continue the series with Spots because it would be very weird and out-of-place if they didn't have Spots for the rest of the series so I really do hope Spots will be a continuation of the series. Definitely go check out this episode, one of the best episodes of Season 9. 10/10