SpongeBob SquarePants

Weekdays 5:30 PM on Nickelodeon Premiered May 01, 1999 In Season

TVTome_Shadow

SpongeBob SquarePants Fan Reviews (1581)

• Spongebob Squarepants is one of the funniest tv shows I have seen. And i am being completely honest. You will watch it and you will be like, \"It\'s ok.\" But when you watch it again you\'ll be like \"This is the funniest show ever!\"

Would you ever think that you would be watching a show about a living sponge, a starfish, and a squid? I\'m pretty sure I wouldn\'t be. But who would have thought that Spongebob Squarepants would be such an enjoyable tv show for us to watch. I watch it whenever it\'s on. There\'s just something about it that makes you want to watch it. I remember the first time I watched it. I thought it was pretty boring, but then I just got into it. It\'s a good show and if you\'re ever looking for something to watch, maybe you should watch Spongebob Squarepants. And yes, it is about a living sponge.
  • sea sponge an his friens a sqirrel an starfish trying to make squidward be there friend A classic.

Spongebob is a great show even though some people say its gay. If they take the humor out(it makes it seem Gay) it would be a lame show.I mean its funny, has jokes, works, has a few best friends. I wouldn\'t be suprised if spongebob had two more movies coming .
  • this is a very fabulous show it is one of the the best shows nick has to offer.

when i first watch this show i did not think much of it I thought it was going to be a complet wast of time but I was wrong it is a great show for young people and as it goes along it gets beter every time. some of the things are not that really funney. like when they act really stupid.
  • I am a favorite of all the classic Looney Tunes cartoons and i believe the Spongebob is in line to be the next classic toon!

Although many may not get the concept of our little yellow squared friend, Spongebob is a cartoon that all ages can enjoy. I know that every chance that we get my 14 yr old, and two year old, and i sit down to watch an episode when it is on the tube. Let's just say that the three of us enjoy ourselves laughing on the couch as we watch our favorite sponge friend bring it around..town...bring... it.... around town. For those that do not understand the show, i say give it another chance because at first you may say " I dont need it.", but after watching a couple of episodes you may find yourself saying "I need it!"
  • Who doesn't love S.B.?

SpongeBob is a funny show. It's not funny on purpose though. Spongebob's constant questions about the world around him provide comedy. His consant slew of mishaps and the help he recieves from his friends also is good for a laugh. Since S.B. is Nick's highest rated show, it must be for a reason. It provides humor, and makes you feel sorry for the underdog. S.B. tries so hard to succeed at everything he does, but most of the time can't get it right. Their are a few things he is good at, such as jellyfishing and work, so in the end SpongeBob is a great example of cartoon comedy.
  • This show is about a Sponge and his life. His two friends Patrick the Starfish and Sandy the Squirrel. His neighbor Squidward hates him but Spongebob thinks that Squidward likes him. This is a hilarious show and people young and old should all watch it.

I think that this is a very good show because it's funny and it's a very good show for kids. The episodes in this show are all about Spongebob's life and I think that everyone should watch it. My mom likes this show and we always watch it together. If you haven't watched this show I recommend it.
  • This is one of those shows you hate to love. You seriously want to go "This is annoying" but you're too busy laughing.

This is one of those shows you hate to love. You seriously want to go "This is annoying" but you're too busy laughing. Spongebob is a character who is...not really that deep (figuratively) but amusing anyway...the movie...?

Amazing animation, some parts are absolutely hysterical, but others are well...just plain stupid and dull.

Still this show amuses me!
  • The super-absorbent adventures of a sea sponge, a starfish, a squirrel from Texas and a boatload(ha ha) of other underwater critters. Yep, it's Spongebob allright.

Yes, I know I'm a grown man and cartoons are suppposed to be behind me, but this one is just too good to pass on. They never even made these kinds of cartoons when I was a kid! Come on, can't a guy let his inner child out once in a while?

That said, Spongebob Squarepants is a sea sponge(that looks more like a normal sponge to me) who lives in a pineapple under the sea, right next door to his snooty squid neighbour Squidward Tentacles and his BFF(Best Friends Forever) Patrick Star, the,um, starfish. He's also friends with Sandy Cheeks, a squirrel from Texas who lives in a tree dome. I bet it's all starting to sound pretty weird right about now.

In fact, nothing's normal when you watch Spongebob Squarepants. Episode topics range from Sandy going into hibernation to Spongebob and Patrick trying to sell chocolates. Sounds dull, right? Well the show itself is anything but dull. Whenever Spongebob and Patrick are involved in something, things never go smoothly. For instance, just before hibernation, Sandy makes Spongebob play with her to make up for the long months of lost fun. Problem is, the games Sandy makes him play are along the lines of "Find The Hay In The Needlestack" or "Extreme Jaks".

Witty, clever and absolutely hilarious, the jokes may seem a bit weird but you'll find yourself laughing out loud nevertheless. The adventures are mediocre, everyday adventures explored in an outlandish and downright crazy way. "Expect the Unexpected" doesn't even come close to describing the show. Truly a masterpiece...albeit a spongy, slightly insane, brightly coloured masterpiece.
  • A show about a sponge youd think would never fly. But we were wrong

Spongebob has captured the hearts of millions of children all across the USA. It is a great show for kids of all ages even adults can find a few laughs in it. The animation is good the sound is good and of course it is hilariously funny. Thumbs up for spongebob.
  • This story is about the wonderful tales of Spongebob and his under water freinds. This is a hularious show. Spongebob, and his friend Patrick always have something to do that's fun. Squidward thinks they are idoits but in his mind their are his friends. A

This show is hularious. The characters have a joke on a every corner. Its funny to all people of all ages. Some people think its stupid, but thats what make this show funny!!!!

So watch this show and it will make you laugh so hard as it done to me!! Its a very great show, as people could see because they made a movie of it that a lot of people went to.

Im never tired of the funny antics Spongebob, and Patrick and all of the other characters do!!!! This is a pretty good show to me, so watch it!!!!
  • Great!!!!

Best kids show ever. I have a 3 years old that watches it everyday. ooooh I love it. funny..funny...funny stuff here. Some people think sponge is gay. Well he might be who cares he is a great little sponge and he lets me get some free time when I am busy
  • A show even my dad watches.

Spongebob is certainly one of the best shows Nick has come out with since nicktoons like Doug, Rocko, and other oldies that my dad loved. And after they started to disappear, he really didn't like anything on Nickelodeon, until Spongebob came along.

I know there has been a lot of talk about the "messages" Spongebob supposedly gives, but I never thought of it that way until someone was arrogant enough to bother to point it out. It's just good humor and has gradually attracted older kids so the humor naturally developed in that directio, yet not in a bad way.

Bottom line, Spongebob is hilarious and a show many different age groups can enjoy.
  • a sponge\'s adventures of fry cooking and other adventures in bikini bottom with sandy,patrick,squidward,mr.krabs,and all of the other underwater inhabitats of bikini bottom. the show has four seasons and i think three dvd box sets though i am not

i love it so! the charaters have some good lines like patrick.squidwards lines are mainly dry humor jokes*meaning some people may not get them*most of thetime i am laughing sometimes i change tyhe channnel because i don\'t like the episode.*again writing to get this thing submitted so don't yell okay?*
  • Sponge Bob is such a good cartoon for young and old. I try and watch it with my kids every chance I get. I'm a Goofy goober.enjoy this show it is so halarious.

Sponge Bob is such a good cartoon for young and old. I try and watch it with my kids every chance I get. I'm a Goofy goober.enjoy this show it is so halarious.The movie is also a hit I never thought i would be able to sit through it without falling asleep.
  • Funny

• great show

Spongebob is a very good and funny show with plenty of great wit and humor, tied with Rocko for my favorite Nickelodeon show of all time. It is the only good show currently on nick, MUCH better than Nicks craptastic new shows like Avatar: The New CrapBender (I LOATHE this show), great, funny show.
  • Spongebob Squarepants is a sea-sponge. He is shaped in a rectangle, and is in the form of a common household sponge. He lives in a pineapple under the sea, in the town of Bikini Bottom. Next to Squidward is a large rock, where dwells a starfish.

2005 Nominated Golden Satellite Award Best Youth DVD
    For the complete 2nd season
    2005 Won Blimp Award Favorite Cartoon
    2005 Nominated Golden Reel Award Best Sound Editing in Television Animation
    For episode \"Pranks A Lot\".
    2004 Won Golden Reel Award Best Sound Editing in Television Animation: Music
    Nicolas Carr (music editor)
  • About a little sponge called Spongebob who lives in a pineapple under the seain the town of Bikini Bottom. He works at a restuarant called 'The Krusty Krab' with his boss, Mr Krabs and his neighbour, Squidward. Join Spongebob and his friends Patrick, Squi

Now your all thinking, that person is 14 and a half and he likes Spongebob Squarepants, i don't care, even if i lived to be 100. Anyway, this show, I'd say is 2nd on my favourites list.
    Spongebob has had great adventures with his best friend Patrick like when Patrick wanted an award and they worked together to make sure he got one, in the end he got one for doing absolutely nothing, and on the movie when they had to save King Neptune's crown for Mr. Krab's life. Patrick is the funniest, well, really because he's so dumb, Mr. Krabs is funny because he always wants money, Spongebob is funny because....well, because he is and Plankton, who always wants to steal the Krabby Patty formula, is funny....well, watch it for yourself.
    This show is unmissable, well, it is your choice.
  • I think they need to take it off the air even though I really like this shwo. It is beginning to get a bad name.

At first I didn't care much for this show. I thought it was stupid. Then after a couple years, I began watching it. The episodes were being better drawn. Then the episodes were trying to make it funny with things that could never possibly happen. I really thought this how was good. But now that people are calling him Spongebob Gaypants, I think differently. This is giving him a bad reputation and if it keeps airing more problems could arise. I still say this show is somewhat good but needs to be more realistic. Children may think it is funny when really the things portrayed in this are somewhat dangerous.
  • This may seem like a stupid show but you really have to watch it to judge it.

Spongebob is a unique show because it can be enjoyed by anyone. I hear people knocking it and saying that it is a stupid, senseless show. The problem with those people is that they haven’t really watched the show. Sure they may have glanced at it for a few seconds but they have to watch it to really like it. I should know, I used to be one of those people. I used to say that Spongebob was for losers and no one in their right mind would watch it. That is until I actually sat down and watched it. In an instant I was hooked. Spongebob is a hilarious show and it can be enjoyed by anyone and that is saying a lot. Most cartoons are intended for children or for adults but not both. This show can be enjoyed by anyone and is my biggest guilty pleasure.
  • He's yellow. He's square. He's a sponge.

Spongebob Squarepants. One of the most useless cartoons Nick has every produced. But Spongebob is also the most popular cartoon out there,well at least kid cartoon out there. A yellow sponge that lives in a pinapple under the sea, who wouldn't want to watch that? All ages from 5 to 100;people just cannot get enough of the sponge. The characters are well produced. Squidward being one of the best and Mr.Krabs.They both have brains but concidering the fact that sometimes there mean to Spongebob most people dont define them as thier favorite. Of course we known that usally Spongebob is kids favorite.But Why? After all he's just a sponge. Exactly:He's just a sponge. Kids like him because he's sorta the pushover,the sweet guy,and clusmy (which makes him funny). What funnier than seeing a talking sponge climb up a mountain of sand? Nothing. So it's the utter stupidness,insane qulities that make all people want to take a step out of reality and into fantasy.
  • Spongebob is a unique cartoon like no other cartoon.

I like the cartoon spongebob squarepaints because it is a good show and also a very funny show. Spongebob is deffientley one of my favorite shows of all time. I think that it has many funny episodes and that makes it a good shows for anyone to watch and enjoy.
  • This is like the first funniest TV Show that I have ever seen.

This TV show is wildly funny. I just LOVE how the characters keep repeating certain lines over and over and over again. I also LOVE the time lapses and precision.

The classic time examples relate to me. When I was young (and I still do this, maybe a bit less) I loved to be very precise about time. I still do. If I write a short story, I'll probably give the time of day 20 times.

Classic examples are like from "Graveyard Shift", "I'm swabbing the decks....at night", "I'm in the kitchen...at night." "OW! I burnt my hand...at night", sort of reminded me of the time when we went out with these friends to brekfast and one of them ordered a soda. A soda for breakfast. So I was going all giddily, "drinking soda before 8am."

The time lapses of the narrator is so funny. "Three Days Later", "A few seconds later", "7:01pm", "Tonight", "Tonight for sure", "Eventually", "Unhh...", "A few inches later". I love them all.

The repeating is good too. Like "Are you finished with those errands?"

My personal favorite I think is "Dying For Pie". The episode had the wildest scenes, "Look it's Mr. Krabs", and SpongeBob blowing bubble bombs.

I just wish they had this show out when I was younger. It would have been so much funnier.
  • Original show about a sponge living under the sea.

When I first saw this show, I thought it was an idiotic idea for a program. Then when I spent more time watching it, it grew on me. I wouldn't say that it's my favorite show because I do find it at times stupid. Though, this show also has some great parts that make you laugh and make you learn something. The idea is original, which makes this program truely unique show compared to other shows. I recommend this program to those who like comedy. Kids will love the vibrant colors and the witty jokes of a yellow little sponge named Spongebob Squarepants
  • Spongebob Squarepants is such a fantastic show, or should I say "spongetastic"! It's so funny, I can inprove all my favorite shows by making them into anime.

6.2
    My favorite episode is the one when Spogebob enters Gary in a snail race, and I thought it was funny when Patrick's snail was a rock LOL! The episodes get funnier every time! They're all funny, in fact! I never really notice the comparison between season 4 and the other three seasons. My favorite characters in the show are Spongebob, Patrick, Squidward, and Sandy. I hate that Mr. Eugene H. Krabs! He is such a penny pincher! What cool episodes! I love this show! Hey, about the skill crane episode, why didn't Mr. Krabs buy the skill crane before, huh?
  • Just so FANTABULOUS really really...

If you thought you're crazy when you saw a sponge in pants..well you're not goin' crazy and well its just CARTOONS...but not SPongebob Squarepants! Its no ordinary cartoon its one of the favorites of both old and young... Its a funny show and well kids are sure to love these cute sea critters..a pink star fish, a sponge, a snail, and a lot more...all of them are just so amazing thats why its a personal favorite of kids even with us teens...
  • SPongeBob SquarePants is cute,lovable FUN!!!!

Watch " SpongeBob SqaurePants" with your kids !!! Great fun and wacky happenings in Bikini Bottom. SpongeBob and Patrick stir up trouble and silly hijinks. Mr. Krabs loves his money and Squidward hates everybody. Let's not forget Southern Fried Sandy and the evil Plankton. No kids?? - watch it anyway...it's hilarious for adults too!!
  • Spongebob Hilarious Pants

i think Spongebob is a hilarious show but some of the humor is not apropriate for some children and for people to understand it they need to be older and mature.Spongebob is a funny show with Jokes and funny humor. I think it should have more of a point to some episodes but other than that it ROCKS!
  • OK, this show was great at first

But man, seeing the same episodes over and over again. Partrick is soooooo stupid. I hate watching it over and over again. I did want to see the movie though because it was new. But everyone in this cartoon is stupid. It has no point to it. Pul-leeze, what's up with a talking sponge and his friend a starfish.
  • SBSP is a show for all ages.I'm 14 and I still watch it,and so do my parents.

If there is any show that has homosexuality in it,Spongebob is NOT one of them!I mean come on,that's a load of bull that the critics come up with because they want beloved children's shows off the air and new redone reality shows that nobody even watches!If there was anything I could do about it,it would have been done a long time ago!POWER TO THE TOONS!!!
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10