SpongeBob SquarePants

Weekdays 5:00 PM on Nickelodeon Premiered May 01, 1999 In Season

TVTome_Shadow

SpongeBob SquarePants Fan Reviews (1545)

• I love it

First, Spongebob episodes gets even better every time. This show is still kicking butt since the 1990s. I love Spongebob, never gets me bored no matter how many times I've watched an episode over and over again. Second, I love how Spongebob is full of adult jokes/subliminal messages, very well hidden for little kids, amazing how I never noticed any adult joke or strange behavior when a was little. It is good. Sometimes I just hate Mr. Krabs, disgusting personality with the money addiction, makes me want Plankton to really steal the formula sometimes, anyways its good
  • Used to be good, now SUCKS

Seasons 1-3 used to be decent. Now it SUCKS.
  • Doesn't matter how old you are...

First off, I'm very nearly 20. And I'll happily admit that I still enjoy to sit down during the evening and watch some spongebob, because it still makes me laugh! I guess I'm incredibly nostalgic as I grew up on spongebob, but still, I hope my inner child remains with me forever. It is a very funny show, and some jokes are obviously aimed at slightly older audiences (after not noticing as a child).

Best show ever!!!
  • I have been watching "SpongeBob SquarePants" my whole life. And I believe this show is enjoyable for the whole family.

This show has always been one of my top most FAVORITE tv shows ever in my whole life. These characters have always been amazing:

*SpongeBob SquarePants- the main protagonist. A childish, goofy, naive, yet kind-hearted sponge.

*Patrick Star- SpongeBob's dim-witted best friend and neighbor.

*Squidward Tentacles- a grouchy, cynical, arrogant, misanthropic and quick-tempered squid who's SpongeBob's neighbor.

*Mr. Krabs- SpongeBob and Squidward's crustacean boss who is somewhat a egotistical, selfish cheapskate.

*Sandy Cheeks- a smart and athletic squirrel who is SpongeBob's friend and his on-and-off love interest.

*Sheldon J. Plankton- the main villain. Owner of The Krusty Krab's rival, The Chum Bucket.

*Gary- SpongeBob's pet snail.

and more.

Everything in this show are excellent. Despite how particularly good the show is, there have been several controversies in the series, (that can be unsuitable and disturbing to some viewers) which include: security system gas fire, panty raid, and lastly suicidal behavior & events (which we all know it's NEVER funny, it's 100% serious stuff) But at least the show is still good, no joke about it. I don't care what anyone says, I love all of the old and new SpongeBob episodes. Somewhat like "Family Guy", several people criticized SpongeBob for it's writing and premise. But I know SpongeBob is awesome. I can't believe it's gonna come to an end, it had such a good run. But the one thing I know is, SpongeBob will be one of the shows I find: unforgettable.

Grade: A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-++ and a 10 out of 10.
  • It's the best show everrrrrr !!!!

Love it! love it! love it! I have been religiously watching since the beginning in 1999 ! I wish they would put new episodes out more often than what they do. I mean we are lucky if we get one or two new episodes a year ! This show always makes me laugh and puts me in a good mood it's kind of sad on my part because I'm almost 30, and I know more of the song lyrics than my 8 year old niece ! I hope they keep this show running for many more years to come!
  • WHAAAAAAA!!!!!! Boring!

The voice is annoying, the bad words are annoying, everything is annoying. Including the sequel of the terrible spongebob movie that is coming up in February!!! Please DON'T watch this! I do not recommend this show at all because it is terrible and annoying! Don't like his songs either! But Sandy and Pearl are my faves and that is why I rated it a 1.
  • I love it!

I love Spongebob!It is 1 of my favorite shows!
  • My Favorite Show

Believe it or not, I found this show more entertaining as I have gotten older. When I was little, I never really liked Spongebob. I thought that the show was really babyish and dumb. Well now, I watch Spongebob every day. Every time I get home from school, I flip to Nickelodeon, and sure enough, I hear "Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?" I will admit it, I have better enjoyment of the older episodes, specifically seasons 2-3, IMO the best of the bunch. I didn't really like season 1 (except for rock bottom and sleepy time, which are my favorite episodes from season 1) for some reason. I happen to be the guy who is "quality rather than quantity" but this is not the case for season 1. It just didn't appeal to me.

The newer episodes are not that bad IMO. Yes, some are pretty bad and some are just straight up WEIRD (squids visit), but some of the newer episodes are pretty good. While I preferred the old Patrick better, (because lets admit, he wasn't really "dumb" back then) the new Patrick actually makes me laugh. I guess his exaggerated stupidness appeals to me.

My favorite character is squidward, because I am actually similar to him. I am extremely negative, and I laugh so much when he yells at Spongebob and Patrick. I don't really like Mr. Krabs any more, he is just downright cheap, with a heart of cash and nothing else.

Now all of these haters saying "durr 1999-2004 are best 2005-present suck" just shut up. Doesn't it seem odd that 98% of these people are saying the exact same thing? Talk about following the crowd. I bet half of you haven't even watched 5 new episodes and for all of the bad episodes, are you just going to criticize the whole series just because of a few bad episodes or seasons? NO! But I guess all of these "fans" will. I'm ashamed of some of these people. And for those criticizing the writers? That's called slander, and for some of you who can't understand big words, that means making "false or damaging statements about someone", which also happens to be illegal. So how about some of you shut your big mouths? It's fine to criticize a show, but its going to far when you're talking smack about the writers. I can guarantee that if some of you were writers, Spongebob wouldn't have gotten past the fourth season.

• SpongeBob's like a rollercoaster, up, down, then up again

I think SpongeBob is a nice show, it gets a 10 even though from seasons 4-7 it doesn't deserve that rating, but ESPECIALLY in season 6. I'm going to review all of the seasons now, and share my slightly uncommon opinion on the show.

Season 1: A very solid season, it's a good season despite some letdowns like Jellyfishing.

Season 2: Even better than the first season, it had a few duds (like Wormy) but it was all around great.

Season 3: The best season of SpongeBob. It has my favorite episode Chocolate With Nuts.

Season 4: Eh, it's alright, but not like what is was in the previous three seasons.

Season 5: It's pretty average like Season 4. It's not bad but below the quality of the first three seasons.

Season 6: The worst season of SpongeBob, hands down.

Season 7: Also a pretty rough season. Not far off season 6.

Season 8: Getting better, with episodes that seem like Seasons 1-3.

Season 9: A very good season that's on par with the Hillenburg era.

As you can see, the show was on edge in seasons 4-7, but it's gotten much better after that. Finny Sohr, out.
  • Spongebob!

I love Spongebob,but the seasons have been really mixed right now.

Season 1: Not exactly the best,but the most nostalgic you can get. A good start to a great show.

Season 2: Fine. It has a lot of good episodes. Even though Band Geeks goes over the top sometimes, Band Geeks is still good and this season is as well.

Season 3: The all-time great. Celebrating a 3-5 year anniversary,this season contains the greatest episodes,like The Camping Episode and Chocolate With Nuts! I say watch or re-watch this season,this is pure Nostalgia.

Season 4: You know,with episodes like Good Neighbours,it's a wonder that this season is still good. Only because the so good.

Season 5: This is really bumpy. Stay away from episodes like Boat Smarts,Night Light, Battle Of bikini Bottom,and the very very dreaded Atlantis Squarepantis.

Season 6: This has a lot of dread. Stay off from Truth Or Square,it's a shame to watch. The Decade Milestone wasted on a horrible waste of airing time. Stay away from slide Whistle Stooges and The ..... Then there's Gone,that's fine,but sad feeling in the end.

Season 7: Just stay away! This has One coarse meal and A Pal For Gary! ...

Season 8:Mixed... I can't give a mark, I don't remember this season at all.

Season 9: Bumpy as well... I mean with episode like Plankton's Pet,this should be a good season,but there are these problems. Airing Stall,no episodes since February 2014, and overrated specials,like sp9ongebob you're fired.

Final Mark: This season was great the first 5 years,but after Hillenburg left and gave Paul Tibbitt control,the show went downhill. Because how memorible the first 3 seasons were, I have to give Spongebob a 9 out of 10.
  • Review on SpongeBob

Overall, I enjoyed this series. However, there are some seasons you MUST stay away from. Here's my thoughts on all the seasons.

Season 1: Good season, but the 2 ahead of it are better

Season 2 and 3: This is where all the good stuff is. These are by far the best seasons of SpongeBob. Ask anyone.

Seasons 4: Still good but not as good as the previous 3.

Season 5: Sorta good, but STAY AWAY FROM "Boat Smarts" and a couple of other episodes.

Seasons 6 and 7: Oh god. STAY AWAY FROM THE MAJORITY OF EPISODES IN THESE SEASONS. So stay away from most SpongeBob episodes that aired in 2008-2011. There were some good episodes, but I don't think they're worth having to search through all the garbage in these seasons. If you really want to know the good episodes then just google it.

Season 8: This is where the show finally stopped being as bad. However, there are some bad episodes still but there not as bad as the atrocious season 6 and 7 episodes

Season 9: It's not finished yet but it's sorta like season 8 where there were some bad episodes mixed with good episodes.

Other Notes: I was gonna give this series a 5/10 but since the show managed to climb out of the hole of garbage it was in I gave it a 7/10. Think about it. Most shows that are bad usually stay bad, but this show turned from bad to average (at least it's better than being bad) and for that, SpongeBob, I applaud you. PS Stephen Hillenburg is coming back to write on the show after the movie! Maybe I will edit this review in the future if Stephen makes the show better. :)
  • The kid's best

This series was my favorite series for eight years. Even now it's still in my top 5 (number 3). Some say the series is only for "little kids" or "immature teenagers". If this is true, I never want to grow up. The series is classic and I think it could compete with the Simpsons or Futurama. The day it comes to an end, so will nick. Seriously, SpongeBob IS nick. Everything else is just unwatchable filler.
  • Funny at first, now very lame.

This show was my childhood! The first three seasons (specifically Season 3) were HILARIOUS! I would sit there watching it, and I would be on the ground laughing! Now I sit there and almost want to fall asleep. They should've just canceled the series when the producer started running out of ideas.
  • still love it even if it ends

Some people my agree that spontaneous glory days ended after the movie came out but I still love the show no matter what
  • Best animated show ever!!!!

At first the program did not interest me much, but over the years has been liking me even more, and has become for me the best animated show in history.

For many fans, this program went to hell after the first three seasons, but for me I still like the program and honestly, I like more the SpongeBob recent seasons.

BALANCE OF SEASONS:

* First season: SpongeBob good season, but nothing to write home about, although the episodes improved from half of the season (7.3)

* Second season: A lot better than the previous season, the first episodes of this season were among the best ever (8.2)

* Third season: Not as good as the second, but a good season (8,00)

* Fourth Season: A season of good episodes (7.8)

* Fifth season: SpongeBob season with good episodes (7.5)

* Sixth Season: Like most people, it's my least favorite SpongeBob season, which makes it the worst (6,6)

* Seventh Season: A season that started worse than sixth (with the worst episode of all time) and thanks to the improved second half of it (7.6)

* Season Eight: My second favorite SpongeBob season with a good improvement from the last two seasons. (8,00)

* Ninth season: For now, a best season than the previous one. (8,1)
  • The biggest part of my childhood

The newer episodes are just ridiculous and intolerable, I'm not gonna go into details on that. But referring to the first 3 seasons, Spongebob has to be the most intelligent, witty, and hilarious kid show to reach television. I loved re watching the episodes over and over when I was younger (I've literally seen them at least 50 times! Lol). Spongebob is just so hilarious and very quotable and iconic. I'm sure years from now it will be more famous than it is now. Spongebob is a hero to people of all ages for his kindness and positive attitude about everything.
  • Mixed Feelings

Every season has its good episodes and bad episodes. Most of the show's bad episodes are post-movie, and most good ones are pre-movie. However, there are plenty of good post-movie episodes and a few bad pre-movie episodes. There are a lot of bad ones, but the good ones are good enough to keep you interested. Seasonal rot is obvious, but there is a gem here and there.

This show is a real mixed bag. Chances are you'll get a good episode, and chances are you'll get a bad episode. Each episode either wins or fails in a unique way, I'll give it that, and the episodes are fun to review. It's good.
  • Watching SpongeBob forever and I love it!

It's a very good show, but they need to make the jokes more appropriate and understandable to children. Also they should make Squidward slightly more optimistic and the pants ripping-butt showing is getting kind of old now. Everyone used to LOVE the old SpongeBob and people thought he was more appropriate, intelligent, funny, and especially less annoying! If the cast is going to keep the show going, they need to bring the old SpongeBob skills back, and the ratings will go higher. Take that into thought SpongeBob cast. :)
  • this is a perfect show

oh my god, this is the best show on nickelodeon and the earth! every character becides Squdward is my favorite! i like every episode but my main favorites are face freeze and a pal for gary. i always collect spongebob mershandize like t-shirts, legoes, and posters! anyone who dislikes post-movie sponge bob episodes are traitors because this show is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i give this show and every episode a 100/10!
  • I Love SpongeBob, Both Old and New!

I remember when I first heard of SpongeBob. I was a little kid and I did not like SpongeBob at first, but then it became my favorite cartoon to this day. I am glad that the show was revived after the movie and I think that it is a success. I get angry whenever anyone says that the show has gone or is going downhill. While I respect the post-movie haters' opinions, the "Old SpongeBob vs New SpongeBob" thing is getting real annoying and even depressing for the true fans.

My favorite character on the show is SpongeBob because of his good nature, innocence, and work eithic. Both him and Patrick are funny. My least favorite character is Mr. Krabs because all he cares about is money, but I also dislike Plankton because all he cares about is the formula.

The episodes are well written. They have great storylines and funny moments. Some moments are also tearjerking and/or heartwarming.

Overall, SpongeBob is a great show for kids, teens, and even adults to enjoy. I also love the writers and animators for making such an amazing cartoon.

Edit: I have been reading negative SpongeBob reviews and while I do respect opinions, I have caught some users insulting the creators of the show and/or the people who are still into the show. That needs to stop. It is fine if you think that SpongeBob is not good anymore, but please for Pete's sake don't go too far to the point of trash talking the writers or fans.

Edit: I am not saying this about all post-movie haters, but I am saying this about the post-movie haters who insult the writers and fans; I CANNOT FORGIVE YOU! YOU ACT LIKE THE WRITERS ARE WORSE THAN SATON! ALSO WHY CAN'T YOU JUST ACCEPT THE FACT THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO LIKE NEW SPONGEBOB! IF YOU DON'T LIKE SPONGEBOB ANYMORE, THEN CHANGE THE F**CKING CHANNEL! THAT GOES FOR NOT ONLY THE PEOPLE ON THIS WEBSITE, BUT FOR THE PEOPLE ON ANY OTHER SITE! >:(

Good day!
  • In complete honesty, I have stopped watching

It's getting creepy.
  • It was and is great.

I like the old episodes better, the new ones aren't that bad, but it is starting to go downhill.

• *sigh* It used to be the greatest show of all time.

5.5
    I remember waking my dad up at like 6:30 in the morning telling him to watch Spongebob with me. We got popcorn and lots of drinks for the weekend just to watch a marathon of Spongebob. We laughed and laughed till we couldn't breathe. Those times made me look a different view in life. Those times before the movie came out. (Season 1-3 were the golden seasons) I was always coming to school with a spongebob T-shirt around. I met lots of friends because of spongebob. We used to hangout after school and sit for hours watching spongebob.

But that is over now.

I am crying now because Nickelodean is ruining every single dang show on that channel. (DRAKE & JOSH, INVADER ZIM, THE LAST AIRBENDER??? They had to cancel those! Really? And come on! ICarly wasn't THAT bad! I kinda liked it!) Now they are putting shows that a bunch of toddlers made just for TOILET HUMOR. (Examples: Sanjay and Craig: 95% toliet jokes, Fanboy and Chum Chum: 75% fart humor, Breadlosers- I mean Breadwinners: 100%

Season 1-3: Highly recommened. If you new to the show (But you really shouldn't be)

Movie/Season 4: Ehhh... Okay but not as good as the original.

Season 5-7: Nah. Ingore it. But dont see "One Course Meal" or "House Fancy" (The toenail ripping part should be banned. I got tramatised by that scene

Season 8-9 (present) : No. Just dont. The episodes dont make sence anymore and Spongebob is a CRYBABY.

My overall is 5.5

I'm done

Bye Nick

Never watching any of your shows except Legend of Korra and Sam & Kat.
  • Used to be great until the new seasons...

3.5
    Yeah, I'm a Spongebob fan since the show aired in 1999, I have to say this, I feel that Seasons 1-3 were awesome pre movie and Stephen Hillenburg was in charge, Now 2004 was ok, They had some fun episodes but the original episodes were the classics Seasons 1-3

I don't understand why they took out the part in Just One Bite where Squidward gets gasoline poured on him and torched 2 times and In House Fancy they don't edit out that gross toenail scene out

Nickelodeon needs to get Steven Hillenburg back, The show sucks bad now and I can't stand watching it anymore

Seasons 1-3 -10/10

Season 4- 7/10

Seasons 5-9 3/10

Overall episodes like the splinter and House Fancy as well as One Course Meal should be banned because of inapproate scenes such as Plankton trying to kill himself, Patrick makes Spongebob's splinter worse by forcing it in his thumb and then covering it with garbage. Also House Fancy was disgusting that toenail scene still makes me cringe to this day

I'm surprised the show is still running, It saddens me to not watch the newer episodes and I'd rather watch the entertaining old episodes before the movie rigged it
  • I miss the old one...

This used to be a very popular carton that was talked about around a very large group of an old and young dempgrahic. Slid after the movie was a hit. have not watched it since October 27th 2010. It made new comedy, jokes, plot lines not seen in other cartoons. It had mature jokes that a 12 year old and even a 35 year old could laugh at. It was fresh, every episode used to be an adventure. After 2004 it slowly creeped into a forgotten place on Nickalodeon line up. It was a "glory days" Nickalodean type of cartoon. Its not anymore. Its a bit dead.
  • Used To Be So Good.....

I loved this show when I was little, but now this show is like any ordinary crappy nickelodeon show. People, just accept it. This show's not good anymore, 1999-2004 the best episodes ever.
  • A classic cult favorite

There's only a few cartoons out there that will always be remembered and be a timeless favorite for generations to come. There was Mickey Mouse, there was The Flinstones, there was Bugs Bunny, and then there's SpongeBob SquarePants (duh).

What can I say about SpongeBob? I love it, you love it, kids love it, parents love it, teens love it, adults love it, Nickelodeon loves it, celebrities love it, hell even the Obama family loves it. This right here is the Nicktoon that is Nick's main cash cow franchise that gave the Rugrats a run for their money. Over 200+ episodes, a 10th season in the works, 15 years on the air, a movie, a sequel to said movie, and it's still growing strong with no signs of stopping. And it's the only Nicktoon that started in the 1990's to still be airing.

No matter how absurd the general plot was people still loved it because it was something new and fresh by the time it premiered. What were the odds of finding a cartoon that takes place underwater in 1999? The odds were probable when Stephen Hillenburg (animator and marine biologist) was developing a show for Nickelodeon after Rocko's Modern Life (which Hillenburg worked on) got cancelled. But who knew from day 1 that the show would turn into a worldwide phenomenon?

This is notably one of Nickelodeon's funnier animated shows, thanks to the first 3 seasons. Most fans liked the original Hillenburg era the best and that after the film the show started going downhill and I don't blame them. The newer episodes by Paul Tibbit are notorious for being boring, unfunny, disgusting, or mean-spirited. If not for these episodes, I would've given this show a higher score

However, it's still great for not just seasons 1-3 but for becoming one of the most iconic trademarks in television history.

Seasons 1-3 and movie: 9.5/10

Seasons 4-9: 6/10

Legacy: 10/10

Overall: 8.5

RECOMMENDED
  • Under the sea

How time has been flying since 1999. This show doesn't need a big intro. You have seen the big Spongebob float at Macy's, and you also see a lot of Spongebob memes too. I came here because recenlty I woke up in my hotel ands watched the epsiode Bully. If you love classic animation go watch this. 10/10
  • Was Once a Golden boy, now a Bronze Peasant.

SpongeBob SquarePants with Stephen Hillenburg as the writer was absolutely outstanding! From season 1 to season 3 plus the film (1999-2004) it was great, and seeing how the film was going to be the end of the series would have been brilliant and nice way to end such a great series. Now, ever since Nickelodeon renewed the series after the film's end in 04, the humor and writing has been poor. From season 4 onward, the show has spiraled down hill from its prime years, a lot of the episodes just don't make any sense, it's pretty obvious that the series is being milked for money, when you have a series that's been great for a couple years and you continue to produce it, chances are, the series is going to lose quality in writing. In this case, SpongeBob SquarePants has completely "Jumped the Shark". If you want to be entertained with funny jokes and great writing, watch season 1 to season 3, that's where all the humor is. Don't watch the newer episodes, some of them are just bizarre to watch. Not to mention, SpongeBob sounds more high pitched than usual and has become more of an utter distraction and annoyance. Patrick's overly used "dumb" personality isn't funny anymore, because of its lack of creative writing and milking of the series.

The only reason why I give this show a 5 out of 10 stars is because season 1-3 + the 2004 film is what saved the series' rating. Also, note this, I don't hate the show, I just hate the newer episodes (season 4-present).
  • Why yall got to hate on spongey the bob?

How could anyone not like Spongebob? Have you hit your head on a brick? SpongeBob is the shit and always will be. Sure it hasn't been to my liking in the last couple seasons, but a few crappy seasons ain't gonna make me dislike the show. It made up my childhood and probably most of yours as well. So go hate on another show that deserves it such as Shake It Up or Big Time Rush.